New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [FWM] Backstage: CUT!

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"Both my love, one is a hot tea and the other is a soup, the cups for the tea, the bowls for the soup, the spoon for my elegant lady love and her magical means,"
    He said happily as he took a moment to briefly adjust his tacky sweater around the collar. He lifted out the bowls and glasses for Icy.
    "Tea... you always knew what I liked," Icy replied, giggling. The unicorn duly poured the tea for the both of them, and then daintily passed one cup over to Fox. Then did the same for the soup. After taking a sip of her tea, she sampled the soup. Hopefully it was something good.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    "Oooh, I have not..." Esmeralda whispered back, grinning. "Why don't you show me what is it?" she continue, her voice dripping with promise as she kissed his muzzle gently.
    He returned the kiss eagerly. Oh, I'd love to~

[Five minutes later]

Esmeralda was now flying outside of the robot (which was hovering in mid air) with Lone Star on her back. He had both his front and back hooves wrapped around her barrel and was using his wings to keep them aloft.

...Wait, what?
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

3. - Top - End - #333
    Troll in the Playground

"Tea... you always knew what I liked," Icy replied, giggling. The unicorn duly poured the tea for the both of them, and then daintily passed one cup over to Fox. Then did the same for the soup. After taking a sip of her tea, she sampled the soup. Hopefully it was something good.
    The soup was what was called 'Winter Solstice', made with cubed potatoes, onions, carrots, milk, and various herbs such as bay leaf and parsley. Fox thought it was appropriately themed when he nabbed the recipe from a magazine. It had a warming effect of the feel good variety.

"Well...I would be a terrible coltfriend if I didn't know what my queen liked,"
    He said as cheesily as he could with a toothy grin poking through the corners of his mouth.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

Prompter, Sandy, Night Jewel

Eventually at some point, Sandy and Night Jewel would have their sticker name badges and a marker to write their names down, along with a box of programs.
    Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    The filly took a marker from the box and wrote, in flowing letters, Night Jewel. Underneath it, she added more writing in an unusual, elaborate script that one might guess meant the same thing (anypony who spoke Mareabic could confirm that it was). "There. Now we'll be all set." With that, she took a stack of programs and awaited further directions.
    Sandy wrote his name out in slow, deliberate strokes. Half to keep his writing legible, and half to watch the filly out of the corner of his eye. Careful not to let his suspicion arouse her suspicion. Every time she looked over? He looked back down at his nametag. Just an average pony writing his name. Suspecting nothing.

Just like her.

"That we are, Miss...Night Jewel." He peered at her nametag, idly straightening his stack of programs. A name like that, you'd think he could remember. But strangely enough, not a thing came to mind...
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2014-04-01 at 11:16 AM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Troll in the Playground

"Night Jewel? That is a pretty name," Prompter commented as herself read the name with a friendly smile on her face. She nodded and cleared her throat.

"Alright, Night Jewel, Sandy, this is the part where its gonna get tough...well..more like serious but you get the idea...I hope...Anyways, we are now gonna join in with the few other volunteer ushers, take this box of programs and start greetin the patrons as they start walking towards the theatre grounds."

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ettin in the Playground

The soup was what was called 'Winter Solstice', made with cubed potatoes, onions, carrots, milk, and various herbs such as bay leaf and parsley. Fox thought it was appropriately themed when he nabbed the recipe from a magazine. It had a warming effect of the feel good variety.

"Well...I would be a terrible coltfriend if I didn't know what my queen liked,"
    He said as cheesily as he could with a toothy grin poking through the corners of his mouth.
    "Mmmmm..." Icy murmured as she sipped more. "This is quite good. Did you make it yourself?" Icy might also push the bowl towards Fox if he didn't start eating as well.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    He returned the kiss eagerly. Oh, I'd love to~

[Five minutes later]

Esmeralda was now flying outside of the robot (which was hovering in mid air) with Lone Star on her back. He had both his front and back hooves wrapped around her barrel and was using his wings to keep them aloft.

...Wait, what?
    Certainly a unique take on the term.

Not that Esmeralda minded... much. She was a teensy bit disappointed it wasn't something more, but the view and the fact that their situation was a pretty romantic one more than made up that fact. "So this is the fabled mile high club..." she commented with a grin, looking up at Lone Star.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Titan in the Playground

Certainly a unique take on the term.

Not that Esmeralda minded... much. She was a teensy bit disappointed it wasn't something more, but the view and the fact that their situation was a pretty romantic one more than made up that fact. "So this is the fabled mile high club..." she commented with a grin, looking up at Lone Star.
    Sex is too predictable.

He smiled. Oh indeed. Very exclusive, you wouldn't believe the strings I had to pull. He teased, licking her head.

Extended Sig

8. - Top - End - #338
    Troll in the Playground

"Mmmmm..." Icy murmured as she sipped more. "This is quite good. Did you make it yourself?" Icy might also push the bowl towards Fox if he didn't start eating as well.

"I did actually...took three times but I finally got it right,"
    Fox replied as he gestured with his hoof that she eat it and enjoy, that he was gonna serve himself with the other bowl. "I do recommend dipping the bread from the sandwiches, rather tasty." He ripped off a piece of prance bread from his sandwich, dipped it in Icy's soup and offered it up for her, holding one end with his teeth, since ya know, le hooves.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ettin in the Playground

Sex is too predictable.

He smiled. Oh indeed. Very exclusive, you wouldn't believe the strings I had to pull. He teased, licking her head.
    "Ha, one would hope you left a few strings untouched at least," Esmeralda replied, giggling. "So, how far are we going?"

"I did actually...took three times but I finally got it right,"
    Fox replied as he gestured with his hoof that she eat it and enjoy, that he was gonna serve himself with the other bowl. "I do recommend dipping the bread from the sandwiches, rather tasty." He ripped off a piece of prance bread from his sandwich, dipped it in Icy's soup and offered it up for her, holding one end with his teeth, since ya know, le hooves.
    Icy accepted the offer with gladly, taking the piece of bread off Fox, sneaking in a kiss on his pony lips along the way, before leaning back to chew her bread happily. "Mmmm..." Another sip of her soup, perhaps unwrapping some of the sandwiches to offer to Fox.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Troll in the Playground

Icy accepted the offer with gladly, taking the piece of bread off Fox, sneaking in a kiss on his pony lips along the way, before leaning back to chew her bread happily. "Mmmm..." Another sip of her soup, perhaps unwrapping some of the sandwiches to offer to Fox.
    Fox smiled, like a goober. He relaxed and watched her, occasionally taking a bite or sip of his food and drink. Taking in her details, putting them to memory. Sweet pony princesses the sap was just in love with this mare, he fell hard for this one. He crookedly smile as he got lost in his thoughts.

His gaze briefly took to their surroundings, their seclusion, their own private little winter wonderland and then snuggled up against his lady love. "So this really is your first Hearthswarming in a long time?" He conversationally asked.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

"Ha, one would hope you left a few strings untouched at least," Esmeralda replied, giggling.
    Why does that sound sexy when you say it?

"So, how far are we going?"
    ****, she thinks I planned this?!

Not far. He licked her horn. Just to that cloud.

Extended Sig

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ettin in the Playground

Fox smiled, like a goober. He relaxed and watched her, occasionally taking a bite or sip of his food and drink. Taking in her details, putting them to memory. Sweet pony princesses the sap was just in love with this mare, he fell hard for this one. He crookedly smile as he got lost in his thoughts.

His gaze briefly took to their surroundings, their seclusion, their own private little winter wonderland and then snuggled up against his lady love. "So this really is your first Hearthswarming in a long time?" He conversationally asked.
    Icy noticed the look Fox was giving her, slyly glancing from one corner of her eyes. It was adorable, to say the least. Irregardless, she let him have his moment.

"First... with company, yes. I suppose so. I see no reason to celebrate such a festival before..."

Why does that sound sexy when you say it?

****, she thinks I planned this?!

Not far. He licked her horn. Just to that cloud.
    Of course the mare would assume you planned this, Lone Star! Slight problem with the plan though...

"Hm, clouds... now if only I can remember the cloud-walking spell..." Esmeralda murmured. Fortunately just before they reached the cloud, Esmeralda fired up her horn and cast the spell on herself. "... been awhile since I used that."

13. - Top - End - #343
    Troll in the Playground

Icy noticed the look Fox was giving her, slyly glancing from one corner of her eyes. It was adorable, to say the least. Irregardless, she let him have his moment.

"First... with company, yes. I suppose so. I see no reason to celebrate such a festival before..."

"Kinda the same with me, well at least a first with someone I cared about actually,"
    He nuzzled her and took a playful nip of her ear. His mind wandered back to his days in Bridleway, the holiday parties, the booze, music, mare groupies. So long ago. He wrinkled his muzzle and shook his head.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

Of course the mare would assume you planned this, Lone Star! Slight problem with the plan though...

"Hm, clouds... now if only I can remember the cloud-walking spell..." Esmeralda murmured. Fortunately just before they reached the cloud, Esmeralda fired up her horn and cast the spell on herself. "... been awhile since I used that."
    ... Huh. Lone Star landed on one of the clouds, making sure Es could stand on it before letting go and draping a wing over her. I was gonna have you lay on top of me so you didn't fall, but that works too. He nibbled her ear.

Extended Sig

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ettin in the Playground

(Amusingly enough, both stallions love to nibble on ears. )

"Kinda the same with me, well at least a first with someone I cared about actually,"
    He nuzzled her and took a playful nip of her ear. His mind wandered back to his days in Bridleway, the holiday parties, the booze, music, mare groupies. So long ago. He wrinkled his muzzle and shook his head.
    "Oh?" Icy sipped her tea, giving Fox a gentle nuzzle. "Do tell. What were your Hearth's Warming like?"

... Huh. Lone Star landed on one of the clouds, making sure Es could stand on it before letting go and draping a wing over her. I was gonna have you lay on top of me so you didn't fall, but that works too. He nibbled her ear.
    "Silly colt. Being a unicorn does have its perks..." Esmeralda giggled, flicking her ear a little, picturing the silly scenario of her hanging on for dear life on Lone Star. Then she sighed, and leaned her head against Lone Star, snuggling against him. "It's beautiful up here, is it not?" The pair had a first class view of the endless plains of clouds rolling beneath them.
    Last edited by Grif; 2014-04-03 at 01:23 PM.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh?" Icy sipped her tea, giving Fox a gentle nuzzle. "Do tell. What were your Hearth's Warming like?"

"Silly colt. Being a unicorn does have its perks..." Esmeralda giggled, flicking her ear a little, picturing the silly scenario of her hanging on for dear life on Lone Star. Then she sighed, and leaned her head against Lone Star, snuggling against him. [COLOR="#DeepSkyBlue]"It's beautiful up here, is it not?"[/COLOR] The pair had a first class view of the endless plains of clouds rolling beneath them.
    Indeed. He smiled and licked her neck. You should see it at sunset. It's not as beautiful as you, but it's still breathtaking.

Extended Sig

17. - Top - End - #347
    Troll in the Playground

"Mmm...crazy and stupid in that sophomoric way, usually ended with me drunk off my flank. I would get into all kinds of trouble, as far as my ego knew, I could do and have whatever I wanted. But they were shallow and hollow celebrations, just me trying to fill a void,"
    He wistfully shrugged and flicked his tail.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Ah, excellent. To the aristocracy, reputation is of unsurpassed eminence. It is said that some would execute their own newborn offspring for their reputation, although I have thankfully not heard of any such incident. Enlightening the populace as to unsavoury activities is more effective for destroying a noble than an assassin in the night, not to mention more civilized."

Blueshield got what appeared to be a smirk. "I am beginning to like the way you think, Miss Staccata. Perhaps you would like to further demonstrate your cognitive capabilities? I believe I have a challenge for you, should you be interested."
    Staccata takes a sip of the rapidly-refreshed tea before making a side-to-side motion with a forehoof. "Maybe another time. Today has been stressing for my own reasons."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ettin in the Playground

Indeed. He smiled and licked her neck. You should see it at sunset. It's not as beautiful as you, but it's still breathtaking.
    "Flatterer," Esmeralda said, giggling. "Maybe we can do this during sunset then..."

One hopes the robot comes to no harm during this little romantic sojourn.

"Mmm...crazy and stupid in that sophomoric way, usually ended with me drunk off my flank. I would get into all kinds of trouble, as far as my ego knew, I could do and have whatever I wanted. But they were shallow and hollow celebrations, just me trying to fill a void,"
    He wistfully shrugged and flicked his tail.
    "Ah... those sort. I suppose, they could be fun, in a vacuous, raunchy way." Icy sighed as her mind flitted back to those days in her university. The scandalous going-ons that led to her exile, and ironically saved her life. She leaned against him, and nuzzled again. "And now here we are, alone, in this serene glade on this beautiful Hearth's Warming." She then broke off another piece of Prench loaf, she dipped it in her soup and offered it to her love.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ogre in the Playground

Flare began adding a bit of extra snow to the back of the second snowpony, then turned around with a look of surprise.

"Oh. You were faster than I expected."

Once she'd collected herself, she took the icicle and placed it in the middle of the original snowpony's forehead, then got back to work on the second. She seemed to be trying to make something that looked like wings. Butterfly wings, to be precise.
    "Let's fold them, so they stick to her side. They won't fall that way." Arvadraa says softly, packing ice into a contained second layer on the snowpony's side. By sheer coincidence, her own wings are currently demonstrating the proposed position at this exact moment.

"Ah, excellent. To the aristocracy, reputation is of unsurpassed eminence. It is said that some would execute their own newborn offspring for their reputation, although I have thankfully not heard of any such incident. Enlightening the populace as to unsavoury activities is more effective for destroying a noble than an assassin in the night, not to mention more civilized."
    "I've never been to Mareabia, but it doesn't work like that here. Justice lies in the hooves of the powerful. You can't arrest a pony if they have the guard in their pocket. You can't put them in prison if they own the jails. You can't prosecute them if they buy off the judge. At some point, your options become illegal or putting your trust into someone with power and morals. One can lead to the other, but then they cancel each other out." Gone from her tone is any trace of joviality - in this case, her sarcasm, if it exists, is lost behind the bite of her words.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

21. - Top - End - #351
    Titan in the Playground

"Flatterer," Esmeralda said, giggling. "Maybe we can do this during sunset then..."

One hopes the robot comes to no harm during this little romantic sojourn.
    Suppose they'll have to wait until they go back to it to find out.

We'll have to. He nuzzled her.

Extended Sig

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ettin in the Playground

Suppose they'll have to wait until they go back to it to find out.

We'll have to. He nuzzled her.
    Thus they sat there for however long it took for the novelty to wear off. Eventually though, Esmeralda blinked, and turned to Lone Star.

"Are we forgetting something?"

23. - Top - End - #353
    Titan in the Playground

Thus they sat there for however long it took for the novelty to wear off. Eventually though, Esmeralda blinked, and turned to Lone Star.

"Are we forgetting something?"
    Oh I'm sure it's nothing impor-... He blinked, then turned veeeeery slowly to look at her. How much fuel did the robot ha-

There was a far-away crashing sound.

...Oh ****.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2014-04-06 at 10:42 AM.

Extended Sig

24. - Top - End - #354
    Troll in the Playground

"Ah... those sort. I suppose, they could be fun, in a vacuous, raunchy way." Icy sighed as her mind flitted back to those days in her university. The scandalous going-ons that led to her exile, and ironically saved her life. She leaned against him, and nuzzled again. "And now here we are, alone, in this serene glade on this beautiful Hearth's Warming." She then broke off another piece of Prench loaf, she dipped it in her soup and offered it to her love.

"Indeed, and with the world's most beautiful mare on this blanket,"
    He cheesily grinned and then took a bite of the offered foodstuffs. After chewing and swallowing he took a sip from his tea. "Mmm, so babe....anything you wanna chatter about? Or...would you prefer romantic cuddling.....oh wait...let us build a snowpony hahah yea...we should totally do that."

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ettin in the Playground

(I had wanted to let this thing be associated with Sandy, but then the scene seems to be moving quite slowly and I didn't want to drag it out further.)

"Indeed, and with the world's most beautiful mare on this blanket,"
    He cheesily grinned and then took a bite of the offered foodstuffs. After chewing and swallowing he took a sip from his tea. "Mmm, so babe....anything you wanna chatter about? Or...would you prefer romantic cuddling.....oh wait...let us build a snowpony hahah yea...we should totally do that."
    "Snowpony? That sounds lovely," Icy replied, holding a hoof to contain an amused smirk. For all Fox's seductive charm, he sometimes had the mind of a youngster—

*CRASH*

Oh I'm sure it's nothing impor-... He blinked, then turned veeeeery slowly to look at her. How much fuel did the robot ha-

There was a far-away crashing sound.

...Oh ****.
    "... Let's hope it didn't ruin somepony's garden," Esmeralda deadpanned, as she peeked over the cloud edge. "We better make sure. Just in case."

Down below, Icy could only blink as the ringing in her ears started to subside, the trees slightly beyond now on fire and sporting the wreck of a very large robot. "... what the hay."

26. - Top - End - #356
    Titan in the Playground

"Night Jewel? That is a pretty name," Prompter commented as herself read the name with a friendly smile on her face. She nodded and cleared her throat.

"Alright, Night Jewel, Sandy, this is the part where its gonna get tough...well..more like serious but you get the idea...I hope...Anyways, we are now gonna join in with the few other volunteer ushers, take this box of programs and start greetin the patrons as they start walking towards the theatre grounds."
    Sandy snapped back to attention from most definitely not surreptitiously studying Night Jewel's face. "Yes ma'am, Miss Prompter ma'am! Consider it done!" He balanced the box o' programs on his back and motioned for the so-called "Night Jewel" to go first.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Titan in the Playground

"... Let's hope it didn't ruin somepony's garden," Esmeralda deadpanned, as she peeked over the cloud edge. "We better make sure. Just in case."

Down below, Icy could only blink as the ringing in her ears started to subside, the trees slightly beyond now on fire and sporting the wreck of a very large robot. "... what the hay."
    Star looked down as well before grabbing her and flapping his wings. We have the weirdest dates.

Extended Sig

28. - Top - End - #358
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Just realized this got mixed up with a quote. Reposting.))

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    "Um, yeah." For whatever reason, the filly seems quite shaken. "I, uh, what...what else were we doing? We're not walking in the snow for chuckles, right?"
    "Actually, we kind of are, but ya've got a point. Maybe we could go somewhere?"

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Sandy wrote his name out in slow, deliberate strokes. Half to keep his writing legible, and half to watch the filly out of the corner of his eye. Careful not to let his suspicion arouse her suspicion. Every time she looked over? He looked back down at his nametag. Just an average pony writing his name. Suspecting nothing.

Just like her.

"That we are, Miss...Night Jewel." He peered at her nametag, idly straightening his stack of programs. A name like that, you'd think he could remember. But strangely enough, not a thing came to mind...
    Sandy did a pretty good job, but his hesitation was not easy to miss. Someone looks like he'll need an explanation later. Make it good this time.

"Thank you. I don't often get compliments."

Quote Originally Posted by Benson
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Sandy snapped back to attention from most definitely not surreptitiously studying Night Jewel's face. "Yes ma'am, Miss Prompter ma'am! Consider it done!" He balanced the box o' programs on his back and motioned for the so-called "Night Jewel" to go first.
    "Right. Sounds simple enough. Let's do it!"

Night Jewel left carrying the box itself to Sandy and skipped out toward the front.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    "Let's fold them, so they stick to her side. They won't fall that way." Arvadraa says softly, packing ice into a contained second layer on the snowpony's side. By sheer coincidence, her own wings are currently demonstrating the proposed position at this exact moment.
    "Yes, I suppose that helps."

With the two of them working together, eventually they finished the pair of familiar-seeming snow ponies. Flare gazed at them admiringly.

"It feels strange and frivolous to do this, but pleasant. I can see why you young ones enjoy it... Perhaps I should create more. I feel it is good for me."

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Staccata takes a sip of the rapidly-refreshed tea before making a side-to-side motion with a forehoof. "Maybe another time. Today has been stressing for my own reasons."
    "As you wish. Disappointing, but in your state of mind, you may not last even thirty moves."

"I've never been to Mareabia, but it doesn't work like that here. Justice lies in the hooves of the powerful. You can't arrest a pony if they have the guard in their pocket. You can't put them in prison if they own the jails. You can't prosecute them if they buy off the judge. At some point, your options become illegal or putting your trust into someone with power and morals. One can lead to the other, but then they cancel each other out." Gone from her tone is any trace of joviality - in this case, her sarcasm, if it exists, is lost behind the bite of her words.
    The Knight Commander's face contorted with fury.

"You allow your lawleepers to put profit before their duties? Any Knight found to have wittingly and willingly permitted illicit activities could consider themselves fortunate to be expelled, or at least allowed to keep any of their possessions during their exile. If your country does not enforce its rules, it is not inexplicable why you attract the vermin you do..."

She paused, then shook her head. "I digress. My apologies. To get back to the main topic, wealth can only do so much for one other individuals dare not associate with. It is impossible to bribe the truth, and when it spreads to other influential ponies, they will either take action or risk losing their own reputations."
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

"Actually, we kind of are, but ya've got a point. Maybe we could go somewhere?"
    "You're looking at me for any kind of forward planning? Something's wrong with this picture."

"You know Bridle Shores better than we do, Blades. What are the sights?"

"Yes, I suppose that helps."

With the two of them working together, eventually they finished the pair of familiar-seeming snow ponies. Flare gazed at them admiringly.

"It feels strange and frivolous to do this, but pleasant. I can see why you young ones enjoy it... Perhaps I should create more. I feel it is good for me."
    "It's like...building things. I suppose it is building things. It is strange, I know what you mean. Do you think...it's the design that makes it real to us? Like if we thought of them as just piles of snow, they'd lose meaning?"

The Knight Commander's face contorted with fury.

"You allow your lawleepers to put profit before their duties? Any Knight found to have wittingly and willingly permitted illicit activities could consider themselves fortunate to be expelled, or at least allowed to keep any of their possessions during their exile. If your country does not enforce its rules, it is not inexplicable why you attract the vermin you do..."
    "The way you worded that implies you think we like it any more than you do." Contrary to Blueshield's reaction, Snowstorm looks at the edge of tears for some reason. When she takes a swig of her drink, one had best hope that hers is among the alcoholic ones. "Imagine living in this slime pit your whole life."

She paused, then shook her head. "I digress. My apologies. To get back to the main topic, wealth can only do so much for one other individuals dare not associate with. It is impossible to bribe the truth, and when it spreads to other influential ponies, they will either take action or risk losing their own reputations."
    "Reputation would have to be based on morality. That means a system where the greatest power comes from seeming like you do right, not just being able to shout down anypony who disagrees. More to the point, that means enforcing that ideal once the top of the top gets to the top, except that you can only rely on the top to do it. It's like a massive Prisoner's Dilemma, except everyone has agreed not to confess." She drains her tankard and nickers softly. "Huhn. You probably know travel laws better than me. Is it too late to move to Mareabia?" Fortunately, the drink has stiffened a few bits of resolve, and as it stands, she's barely half-serious.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

30. - Top - End - #360
    Troll in the Playground

Fox and Icy

Fox lopsidedly smirked and was about to move in for a smooch when--

Yep, crash.

The loud thundering crash startled him as he fell forward at Icy's forehooves, his own ears ringing as well. "Wha..what bwuh...what the hay....indeed bwhuw...ow my ears..." He looked up with a gaping expression. He reached out for words but only gibberish stumbled out.
    ===

(as for the sandy and night jewel stuff...I will reply to that once I figure out what Imma have occur next &_&)