New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Request an Oots Style Avatar XXIII

Quote Originally Posted by Oneris View Post
    I'll do my best, though no guarantees.
    Thanks a ton!
    Last edited by ChaosArchon; 2014-05-22 at 07:51 AM.
    Lu'ciel, First Age Sorcerer-King of the Unconquered Sun avatar by linkele. many thanks to the person

Extended List of Games I'm in or GM'ing

My homebrew setting: Raeus

2. - Top - End - #452
    Halfling in the Playground

Spoiler: Reposted Request
    Show
    Male
    Banded Armor, Armor Spikes, Lance (right hand), Steel Shield (left hand), sheathed Greatsword on back
    Dark red tattoos on both cheeks: SAMPLE
    Dark grey skin color similar to this: SAMPLE
    Bald
    Human
    Fighter/Paladin of Slaughter
    On a black horse (both facing forward) with a grey mane, lance pointed forward right down, shield to the side so armor is visible but still covering some, eyes focused straight ahead with the look of a challenger.

Repost of request
    Amazing avatar by Oneris
    When life gives you lemons use them as imporvised weapons, kill life and get xp.
    Spoiler: Best MitD Line
    Show
    "I'm trying to make you disappear. No wait, what's the word? Tell-a-pork." -MITD
    "Teleport?" -Hobgoblin
    "Yeah." -MITD

Homebrewer's Extended Signature

3. - Top - End - #453
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosArchon View Post
    Thanks a ton!
    Seems my definition of 'OOTS style' means 'redraw the picture exactly as is and add black outlines'.

Spoiler: Full Size
    Show

4. - Top - End - #454
    Troll in the Playground

I love it! Thanks so much! Sig credit for all (well just you but seriously thanks :D)
    Last edited by ChaosArchon; 2014-05-22 at 06:30 PM.
    Lu'ciel, First Age Sorcerer-King of the Unconquered Sun avatar by linkele. many thanks to the person

Extended List of Games I'm in or GM'ing

My homebrew setting: Raeus

5. - Top - End - #455
    Troll in the Playground

*snip*
    That is beautiful. Please stay.

On that note, for Amaril, I have the completed remodeling.

Spoiler: Spoiled so you can see the magic
    Show

If you like it, sig credit is appreciated, if not, changes are easy, so ask right away.
    Last edited by Cuthalion; 2014-05-22 at 07:25 PM.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

6. - Top - End - #456
    Troll in the Playground

Seems my definition of 'OOTS style' means 'redraw the picture exactly as is and add black outlines'.

[URL=http://s469.photobucket.com/user/Oneris_Israfel/media/archonsmall_zps99350be1.png.html]
    Holly crap. I think I'm in love.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

7. - Top - End - #457
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    On that note, for Amaril, I have the completed remodeling.

Spoiler: Spoiled so you can see the magic
    Show

If you like it, sig credit is appreciated, if not, changes are easy, so ask right away.
    It might just be me, but the geometry seems a little irregular compared to the comic. I really am looking for the closest you can do to Rich's style--if that's what you've delivered, then it works for me. Also, specifically, I'd pictured long sleeves and pants rather than short, and the boots were intended to be black. Thanks for the work so far, hope this helps

Edit: Sorry, bit more clarification on the sleeves. What you have visible there is the sleeves of the jacket he wears over his regular shirt, which is also white. Ideally, he'd have another set of sleeves underneath the short ones, rather than the short ones just being longer. Also, another thing I just remembered that I couldn't really show on my original version with the old style--he wears fingerless gloves of the same black leather as his boots, which go up to just below his elbows. Thanks again!
    Last edited by Amaril; 2014-05-22 at 07:50 PM.

8. - Top - End - #458

Thank you for the warm reception. I haven't tried painting anything in a while, so I was worried about how it would turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kree West View Post
    -snip-
    I'm beginning work on this one, but it may take a day or two, or tonight, depending on how much I hate my CS homework.
    In the meantime, can you give me designs for the tattoos, and any other symbols I should incorporate?

9. - Top - End - #459

Thank you for the warm reception. I haven't tried painting anything in a while, so I was worried about how it would turn out.

I'm beginning work on this one, but it may take a day or two, or tonight, depending on how much I hate my CS homework.
    In the meantime, can you give me designs for the tattoos, and any other symbols I should incorporate?
    Thanks for working on this. As for designs just organic like patterns maybe a bit 'axe' shaped example. Basically any design that looks decently organic and a bit 'axe'-like is fine. As for any other symbols, maybe a crest on the shield like the roman numeral three (III).
    Last edited by Kree West; 2014-05-22 at 10:39 PM.
    Amazing avatar by Oneris
    When life gives you lemons use them as imporvised weapons, kill life and get xp.
    Show
    "I'm trying to make you disappear. No wait, what's the word? Tell-a-pork." -MITD
    "Teleport?" -Hobgoblin
    "Yeah." -MITD

10. - Top - End - #460

Quote Originally Posted by Kree West View Post
    -snip-
    I really hated my CS homework. Writing AI is no fun.

Show

As always, modifications, suggestions, or color adjustment requests are always welcome. I feel like it could have resized a bit better though... Maybe black armor wasn't the best choice on a black horse.

Edit: Okay, seeing it on the forum showed me just badly it blurred when it scale down. Lemme fix it.
    Edit: Added a lightened version. How does it look?
    Last edited by Oneris; 2014-05-23 at 12:54 AM.

11. - Top - End - #461

snip
    Fantastic! I can only hope my next avatar request takes your interest.

12. - Top - End - #462

I really hated my CS homework. Writing AI is no fun.

Show

As always, modifications, suggestions, or color adjustment requests are always welcome. I feel like it could have resized a bit better though... Maybe black armor wasn't the best choice on a black horse.

Edit: Okay, seeing it on the forum showed me just badly it blurred when it scale down. Lemme fix it.
    Edit: Added a lightened version. How does it look?
    It looks great. Many thanks, and of course you will get sig credit.
    Amazing avatar by Oneris
    Show
    "Teleport?" -Hobgoblin
    "Yeah." -MITD

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: New Request: DragonFire Bard, Please

First repost. Is anyone interesting in trying this, please? (if it's a big ask, and details need to be adjusted to make it creatable, I'd be happy to talk about that).

Thanks again for considering this.

[And Kudos to Oneris. That is awesome.]

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Quester View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'd like to request a custom avatar, please. OOTS style as much as possible.

A male Gray Elf bard, with a lute across his back, wielding a flaming sword. While singing, if that's possible.

Shoulder-length silver hair, violet eyes, pale skin.

Maybe dressed and equipped something like this guy: http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs14/f/20..._dynamo_xr.jpg
    But dressed with more black and less red; flaming longsword in one hand, and a fiery magical aura in the other hand.

And --I hope this isn't asking too much, flying in the background a ghost (mostly transparent) Pyroclastic Dragon (red and black, like lava, but a red dragon would be fine if that's easier) curled around the avatar, head to one side of the avatar, tail to the other, wings wide (the bard persists swift fly all day) breathing fire.

The Bard's grandfather was a Pyroclastic Dragon and the personality and the use of flying, fear, fire, and sonic damage is strong in his bloodline, and in his tactics.

The pose I'll leave to you. Something active-looking, threatening, please.

Thanks, Y'all!!!

Edit: I just noticed Emerald Rose's awesome avatar. The way the dragon is in the background of that is what I had in mind.
    Edit: fixed typo.
    Last edited by Hiro Quester; 2014-05-23 at 09:18 PM.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

First off, I'm really very appreciative of the fact that there exists on the internet a community that is willing to create something like this, just for the asking. So let me thank you very much for you time and energy. You are very awesome.

I was wondering if someone would be willing to work on an avatar based on the following image.

15. - Top - End - #465

-snip-
    I'll be trying my hand at this. I'm just gonna warn you about resizing issues. Apparently my art does not scale down well. Also, it it might take a bit longer than the others, since I'll be a bit busy this weekend.

Edit: What kind of shoulder-length hairstyle does he have? ponytail? Loose? Vaarsuvius-style bob? And what changes would you make to the outfit you gave me? Also, silver trim, or gold?
    Last edited by Oneris; 2014-05-24 at 09:01 PM.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll be trying my hand at this. I'm just gonna warn you about resizing issues. Apparently my art does not scale down well. Also, it it might take a bit longer than the others, since I'll be a bit busy this weekend.

Edit: What kind of shoulder-length hairstyle does he have? ponytail? Loose? Vaarsuvius-style bob? And what changes would you make to the outfit you gave me? Also, silver trim, or gold?
    Thanks, Oneris!!

The coloring, mostly black, with red trim (like his pyroclastic dragon grandfather). Colored like this picture, perhaps.

The hair....not a bob, please. Brushed back away from the face, down towards the shoulders. But loose.

Thanks again.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

I'll repost my earlier request, since the thread has picked up a bit of life.

OOTS style barbarian king
    Hair: Long black hair and beard (mid-chest or shorter)
    Skin a sort of darkish olive-bronze colour - eastern Med/Middle Eastern-inspired. Err on the side of darker if in doubt.
    Clothes: Early/high Mediaeval look: Long tunic, cloak and boots, possibly some furs and basic armour on the legs or arms. Colours some combination of purple (most importantly), red and black, maybe with a gold sash. A simple silver (mithril) crown. Something like this as a rough guide to general style (but darker skin):
    Spoiler: Hugh Capet
    Show

As far as pose goes, I'd ideally like a classic "barbarian king enthroned" pose. You know the sort of thing, slouching in a throne, loot and weapons strewn about, lions guarding the throne (but no harem girls; he's happily married):
    Spoiler
    Show

If that's too complicated, then standing, leaning on a large axe.

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes it on.
    GITP Blood Bowl Manager Cup
    Red Sabres - Season I Cup Champions, two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Anlec Razors - Two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Bad Badenhof Bats - Season VII Cup Champions
    League Wiki

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

18. - Top - End - #468

Is anyone here of a low enough moral fibre that they'd be willing to enable my ego? I'm looking for an OotSifiction of myself and my dog. If anyone thinks they might have the cojones PM me for refs.

"Flash is fast, Flash is cool. Francois c'est pas, flashe non due."

Seventh Doctor avatar by the too-nice-for-his-own-good Professor Gnoll!

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

this is probably asking too much, but would it be possible for someone to make all five of these beings into oots avatars?

if not then is just the white one possible?

thank you in advance
    elemental avatar by kaariane

extended signature

20. - Top - End - #470

-snip-
    Okay, it's been a week, so I feel like I should give you some updates.

Good news: I almost finished it, but took another look and was unsatisfied with the pose, so I redrew it, so you get two avatars for the price of one. I am almost finished with both, just need to add some texturing and music notes and whatnot.

Bad News: Did I tell you my art resizes badly? My art resizes badly. Take a look.

Spoiler: Previews
    Show

And what they look like shrunk to 120x120 size.

So yeah. If you have any suggestions for how to make it more space-efficient, or just improvements to the depiction of the character in general, I'm all ears. In the meantime, I'll be over in the OOTS art showcase, trying to figure out their secrets of how to get things to fit in tiny squares and still look good.

Edit: whoops, wrong images. I added the correct ones.
    Last edited by Oneris; 2014-06-01 at 01:35 AM.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

Wow, Oneris! Just wow. A gargantuan +5 thank you of appreciation!

If it's resizing badly, it isn't so bad that I would complain. But I know how it can be frustrating when you know a creation could be better than it turned out.

However, I do see that the crafting guides have some advice on resizing and how to use something called "irfranview" to avoid resizing problems. I noticed step 4 here as an example. But though I'm sure you have seen those guides. This is just my own pathetic attempt to contribute something back in case it might possible help.

If you have any suggestions for how to make it more space-efficient, or just improvements to the depiction of the character in general, I'm all ears.
    Please take the comments and suggestions below as made within the context of my being totally blown away, impressed, and grateful for your work on this. Also, I'm not sure how the crafting process works, so please forgive me if I ask for things that are difficult to do.

--Both poses are great. I'd take either, if the improvements I suggest might work better on one than the other.

--I love the blood-red sash. I would not have thought of that, but it's a great addition.

--Can the sword be flaming, please? That might work better in the second pose, with the sword out to the side. (Balanced too, with dragonfire on one side and sword-fire on the other?)

--Afterthought, if the music notes you add could be flaming too, that would be fantastic!

--Is it possible to make the lute on his back a bit longer? (It might be impractical in real life, but it would help make him appear more obviously a bard.) The lute-head on the second one is a little sharper. Could you just make that longer, above his shoulder, and also show a bit more of the body at the bottom?

Perhaps showing the body of the lute would be easier in the first pose? Or perhaps with the second pose --which I am warming to a bit more than the first, certainly with regard to the sword as well as the clenched fist--if you raised the left arm a bit higher, like he is flying and the magic is being thrown down from a height (the bard has a swift fly spell persisted all day, after all). If you did that, perhaps inverting the right arm (hand down, sword up) would work better for the pose? (These are mere suggestions, and I leave the aesthetic and pose-realism decisions in your obviously more-than-capable hands.)

-- The dragon is awesome! Wow! Could it also have some red highlights? (A pyroclastic dragon, from what I understand, looks like its skin is made of cooling lava; dark, but with fire glowing through the cracks.) I don't know if that might be hard to do. But if it isn't, it would be wonderful if you could do that, please.

--Could the body of the dragon be a tiny bit smaller, or him larger, or the tail curl a bit tighter, so that his foot and the dragon tail don't overlap?

--And (I don't know if this is possible) but could the dragon be semi-transparent (ghostly-looking)? He's channeling the spirit of his dragon ancestor, rather than having one as a companion animal. Also, then the figure would stand out more against the draconic background. (Perhaps this is what you meant by adding textures and whatnot, though?)

Again, I'm overwhelmed and grateful for all you have done here already. A million thanks!!

22. - Top - End - #472
    Troll in the Playground

This might be weird, but would any of you be willing to do a communist squid avatar?
    I work very irregular hours and usually very long ones at that. If I do not respond to something in a timely manner pester me in an OOC thread. If something big is happening in the Middle East I will probably be busy for a few days because I am the idiot wearing kevlar and interviewing people on the fronts.

Do you like MTG? Do you like Gitp? We have a Discord server for like minded players.

Currently Running: Through the Faerie Ring

23. - Top - End - #473

Wow, Oneris! Just wow. A gargantuan +5 thank you of appreciation!

If it's resizing badly, it isn't so bad that I would complain. But I know how it can be frustrating when you know a creation could be better than it turned out.

However, I do see that the crafting guides have some advice on resizing and how to use something called "irfranview" to avoid resizing problems. I noticed step 4 here as an example. But though I'm sure you have seen those guides. This is just my own pathetic attempt to contribute something back in case it might possible help.
    Right now, the main problem is that the dragon effectively doubles the amount of space the picture needs, which makes your character even smaller. Without the dragon, your character is already a bit small, since my head/body proportion is a bit off. On the first pose, the size is controlled by your character's height, but with the dragon, the size of the avatar is controlled by the dragon's width. On the second image, the image size is controlled by the length of the sword, and if I fit the dragon head under the sword, I can save some space by cropping off a bit of the tail, but the overall effect might be a bit unbalanced.

--Can the sword be flaming, please? That might work better in the second pose, with the sword out to the side. (Balanced too, with dragonfire on one side and sword-fire on the other?)

--Afterthought, if the music notes you add could be flaming too, that would be fantastic!

-- The dragon is awesome! Wow! Could it also have some red highlights? (A pyroclastic dragon, from what I understand, looks like its skin is made of cooling lava; dark, but with fire glowing through the cracks.) I don't know if that might be hard to do. But if it isn't, it would be wonderful if you could do that, please.

--And (I don't know if this is possible) but could the dragon be semi-transparent (ghostly-looking)? He's channeling the spirit of his dragon ancestor, rather than having one as a companion animal. Also, then the figure would stand out more against the draconic background. (Perhaps this is what you meant by adding textures and whatnot, though?)
    I'll do these after I finalize the size/layout of the dragon. They depend on my no longer making changes to the lineart.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ogre in the Playground

Right now, the main problem is that the dragon effectively doubles the amount of space the picture needs, which makes your character even smaller. Without the dragon, your character is already a bit small, since my head/body proportion is a bit off. On the first pose, the size is controlled by your character's height, but with the dragon, the size of the avatar is controlled by the dragon's width. On the second image, the image size is controlled by the length of the sword, and if I fit the dragon head under the sword, I can save some space by cropping off a bit of the tail, but the overall effect might be a bit unbalanced.
    Thanks, Oneris! With the dragon is definitely better. The dragon, as I said is awesome. The character being a bit smaller as a result is fine with me. Do what you need to do.

I'm leaning towards the second pose. If the visual length of the sword is the issue (making it too wide?), perhaps you could change the angle of the sword (point it 20 degrees further down, parallel to the torso and the other forearm)?

As I said, I don't really understand the constraints of the medium and of the existing pose; what is hard or easy to change. I trust your judgment. (Though I think you are right that reversing the dragon--if that is what you suggested as an option?-- so its head is under the sword, might look a bit unbalanced).

Honestly, if you just kept it with the second pose and the dragon, as it is I'd still be delighted! Do whatever you think is best.

Thanks again!

25. - Top - End - #475

-snip-
    Done

Spoiler: Large Size
    Show

Couldn't really make the music notes flaming since it would blend in with the fireball, and it still doesn't look as good shrunk down to avatar size, but meh.

26. - Top - End - #476

Done

Spoiler: Large Size
    Show

Couldn't really make the music notes flaming since it would blend in with the fireball, and it still doesn't look as good shrunk down to avatar size, but meh.
    I've said it before and I'll likely say it again; I really hope you decide to take on my next avatar request whenever it happens. That is some fantastic work.

27. - Top - End - #477

Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    I've said it before and I'll likely say it again; I really hope you decide to take on my next avatar request whenever it happens. That is some fantastic work.
    Thank you so much
    I can't take on any requests this week, since I have 4 projects and 4 finals in the space of 6 days, though I'll be pretty free after that. Your last request (the victorian warforged transformation sequence) looks to be magnificent to behold, and I can only hope your next request will be of the same epic proportions.

28. - Top - End - #478

Thank you so much
    I can't take on any requests this week, since I have 4 projects and 4 finals in the space of 6 days, though I'll be pretty free after that. Your last request (the victorian warforged transformation sequence) looks to be magnificent to behold, and I can only hope your next request will be of the same epic proportions.
    If I may I might PM you about such an epic request as the only scene/character I have left un-OotS-ified is a certain gnome artificer of nigh epic power and wealth.

29. - Top - End - #479

Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    If I may I might PM you about such an epic request as the only scene/character I have left un-OotS-ified is a certain gnome artificer of nigh epic power and wealth.
    Oooh, I can't wait. Actually, I can. Tell me nothing about this request until after next Wednesday, lest I occupy my thoughts with alchemical tinkerings rather than organochemical tinkerings.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ogre in the Playground

Done

That is awesome, Oneris. Fantastic. I can't thank you enough!

It's a shame the edges of the dragon are clipped, though. The overall dragon shape was brilliant, and some good detail is obscured. Esp. the claws at wing top.

So if it's an option to shrink the whole thing slightly, so the dragon's edges are visible, I'd love that, even if the avatar is slightly smaller.

But again, this is brilliant work. Wow! Thanks!