New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1488
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: [BitPR2] Renewed Revolution OOCV

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Frozen, Frozen, Frozen... CLEARLY you aren't being devious enough.

For one thing, Tamaki's power would be extremely invaluable to anyone who got his hands on it. Forget revolutionizing the weapons industry. Consider how many different materials and processes he could come up with. With a simple baseline of study, Tamaki could conceivably resolve any and all engineering problems inherent to high-energy, high-yield power sources, just to start.

It is true that technology level-wise, Soul Society and the like are more advanced on a number of levels. However, their ready access to purely spiritual resources (AKA Magic) has stunted their growth otherwise. If you had the ability to create fire at will, why would you need a lighter? And even so, their research speed isn't greater than it's supposed to be.

Mortal society, on the other hand, has depended on its ingeniousness to survive, and that cost them time and resources - including the time to dissuade those using older tech from stunting the growth of better technology. Our dependency on oil comes to mind.

You missed my point with the bread-maker. For one thing, Tamaki could, given enough time, improve his own "storage" capacity, but that's hardly even the point here. He could, essentially, circunvent the "one of a kind" problem by stepping up the responsibility to one of his own creations. He could make a bread maker factory, or a bread maker factory construction facility. He could conceivably "dumb things down" and come up with just the blueprints to his inventions at a level regular humans could construct. He could come up with processes that turn regular materials into the materials required for his inventions. Creating the tools to make his creations available to the general public - and more importantly, creating the means to create those tools - and teaching regular humans how to use them could basically set Tamaki for LIFE.

And anyone who discovers his secret could try to kidnap him and make that secret work for THEM.

TL;DR: I'm trying to set up nefarious plot here.
    ....Wow. Are you sure that your not some kind of genius in real life yourself Kuroi, evil or otherwise? I mean that is a level of deviousness that basically just blew my mind. As for a nefarious plot...I wouldn't have a problem with it. Heck now that you have explained your reasoning Tamaki looks like a prime candidate for kidnapping much like....Orihime. Huh....I'm starting to see some similarities power wise actually.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Honestly I've never been clear on what Tamaki is actually fullbringing to allow himself to create matter and machines from nothing.

Mikael apparently fullbrings his tatoo (though he has now perhaps just gone ahead and made himself a Hollow or something, whatever).

Katsuo basically fullbrings himself (sorta like Chad).

But Tamaki's Fullbring feels...fuzzier?

Whatever, honestly it's a side point to the general concern of "Tamaki's powers seem pretty darn potent, though it's hard to discern where he's being placed, power-wise".

Anyways, I'd like to keep the plot/story moving along. We've pretty well pinned the surveillance team. Do we want to play that out much more, or move on with the Alpha-1 plot?
    Ah, gotcha KD. Power wise Tamaki is like you said very potent. However Just by looking at some other characters like Shinji and Chuck he has less options for how he gets things done. Basically Tamaki has a lot of power with the equipment he has but now that I look at it he doesn't have as many options about what he does than some other characters. This is not to say there is anything wrong with that. Shinji's abilities to seal, use barriers, Metsu, and augmentation are very ingenious and allow him to cover multiple bases. I would have to say that in my personal opinion Tamaki has probably the most offensive capability outside of Chuck's Vollständig out of the kids. However he is more limited in his abilities at the moment unless he can find ways to make it work for him. The reason for that would be that his training was done among the Arrancar's and considering their toughness Tamaki needed that kind of firepower to even make a dent. Are there any who agree with this conclusion? Disagree?
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2014-08-12 at 05:08 AM.

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    ....Wow. Are you sure that your not some kind of genius in real life yourself Kuroi, evil or otherwise? I mean that is a level of deviousness that basically just blew my mind. As for a nefarious plot...I wouldn't have a problem with it. Heck now that you have explained your reasoning Tamaki looks like a prime candidate for kidnapping much like....Orihime. Huh....I'm starting to see some similarities power wise actually.

Ah, gotcha KD. Power wise Tamaki is like you said very potent. However Just by looking at some other characters like Shinji and Chuck he has less options for how he gets things done. Basically Tamaki has a lot of power with the equipment he has but now that I look at it he doesn't have as many options about what he does than some other characters. This is not to say there is anything wrong with that. Shinji's abilities to seal, use barriers, Metsu, and augmentation are very ingenious and allow him to cover multiple bases. I would have to say that in my personal opinion Tamaki has probably the most offensive capability outside of Chuck's Vollständig out of the kids. However he is more limited in his abilities at the moment unless he can find ways to make it work for him. The reason for that would be that his training was done among the Arrancar's and considering their toughness Tamaki needed that kind of firepower to even make a dent. Are there any who agree with this conclusion? Disagree?
    You flatter me. I wouldn't call myself a genius, I just try to think of the things other people don't.

Anyhow, yeah. Tamaki's power holds WAY too much potential. Particularly as a plot tool. Speaking of which, I think what KD was referring to is that he can't really tell which object Tamaki Fullbrings. I would personally recommend it be a screwdriver, if only because it makes sense and he probably tinkers a little with machines already.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

You flatter me. I wouldn't call myself a genius, I just try to think of the things other people don't.

Anyhow, yeah. Tamaki's power holds WAY too much potential. Particularly as a plot tool. Speaking of which, I think what KD was referring to is that he can't really tell which object Tamaki Fullbrings. I would personally recommend it be a screwdriver, if only because it makes sense and he probably tinkers a little with machines already.
    Tamaki does tinker a bit with machines, and just about anything else he takes an interest in. However the item that he fullbrings is his scarf which was a gift from his uncle. The reason that it is his scarf fits because of something personal to Tamaki. His power is imagination and the realization of it despite how mechanincal he makes the process seem. One thing that happened often when Tamaki lived with his parents was him imagining having a better life. His parents despite trying to be there for him were only going to widen the distance between the three of them the longer they stayed together. Not to mention that they fought so much that Tamaki would inevitably get drawn into their arguments and whichever parent he didn't back would usually have an outburst of anger from the fight that resulted in some nasty words being thrown. Of course neither meant to hurt him but Tamaki remembered the remarks all the same no matter how much he wanted to and did forgive his parents.

His parents realizing that they needed to divorce and his uncle gaining guardianship over him was close to what he imagined happening and the red scarf commemorated the day. Thus the theme from that one moment. His imagination of a better life and then the realization of it leading his current circumstances. Does that make sense?

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The thing, to me, is that while the power armor makes perfect sense as a Fullbring of the scarf, "ability to create any object he imagines"....I guess it doesn't flow as naturally?

Me personally, I would have made it a Fullbring of the scarf that becomes an Armor, and then that armor (due to his enjoyment of comic books and superhero stories and the like) can produce a limited number of "attachments" that he can use in combat. This seems more thematically consistent, as his outward manifestation of his power seems to be a Clad-type Fullbringer, rather than a Conceptual Fullbringer.

For instance, Thomas was, ultimately, a Conceptual Fullbring. The focus of his Fullbring was paper/books/the Tome, and all the things he did with it. But Isabella's power is a Clad Type.

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Draken, Berryman, your go on the battle in the Koutetsu hold. Feel free to take over for any of the NPC Shinigami, by the way, even the named ones.

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    In other news, waiting for Mahonri Violinist and Dorizzit.
    Sorry. When a lot goes on in the threads and very little of it deals with me or my characters, I start skimming faster and faster and...sometimes, I miss things.

Found it now, though.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Ogre in the Playground

<.<
    >.>

Heya.

So, got my life to a... less crazy state, at least. Starting to come back to GitP, thinking about diving back in. :P

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    <.<
    >.>

Heya.

So, got my life to a... less crazy state, at least. Starting to come back to GitP, thinking about diving back in. :P
    Welcome back.

Your twins are currently Von Geister's drones and pretty much all of their family was murdered by quincy fundamentalists.

------

Dorizzit. Who the heck is Ishinomori Kotetsu. That is two different family names there. Do you mean Koutarou?
    Last edited by Draken; 2014-08-12 at 09:03 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Ogre in the Playground

I am well aware, KD told me that the Akiyama's been hit pretty hard.

*resolves to make that a 'down but not out' thing*

And as far as the Espada goes. Eh. Never was good at playing villains anyway.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2014-08-12 at 09:05 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Dorizzit. Who the heck is Ishinomori Kotetsu. That is two different family names there. Do you mean Koutarou?
    I need sleep. So badly.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Orc in the Playground

Welcome back, 'geek.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Ogre in the Playground

Draken, what would need to happen for the twins to be released from dronification?

(And where did that happen, anyway? )

Also... their mother's injured but alive, right?

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Ettin in the Playground

Draken, what would need to happen for the twins to be released from dronification?

(And where did that happen, anyway? )

Also... their mother's injured but alive, right?
    They could be released by either parent (Erscheinung or Reene) or the drone-form could be purified.

They are still in there, locked and comatose. Theoretically their inner minds could wake up and talk to and even convince Erscheinung or Reene to release them.
    Last edited by Draken; 2014-08-12 at 10:08 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Orc in the Playground

It's a shame they were locked up when Shinji's spell hit.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Ettin in the Playground

It's a shame they were locked up when Shinji's spell hit.
    They were also not fighting and thus not in drone form so they would have just flat died if they got hit by it.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm. Well, I'd probably prefer purification, mostly because I don't think they'd like any deal they'd have to make to get freed.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmm. Well, I'd probably prefer purification, mostly because I don't think they'd like any deal they'd have to make to get freed.
    Give it a shot. It would be a nice tie-in for a number of things I want to do, actually.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not sure whether to be pleased or terrified.

I'll start posting when I get home, but in the meantime, could someone direct me to the posts most relevant to the twin's current situation, so I can catch up?

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Ettin in the Playground

They are in a limbo after they and the cult fled Ikari following an unexpected mass incursion from Soul Society. I haven't really posted where they went yet. You can just post them waking up (theater of the mind for them, I suppose) and I will give further context, if you want.

They are in the mortal world, however.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    They were also not fighting and thus not in drone form so they would have just flat died if they got hit by it.
    How do you figure? Shinji's spell specifically acted strictly to purify Hollow Reiatsu.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Ogre in the Playground

While randomly reading through the Spirit Realms thread, I just came across the following:

'where Soul Society once stood'

Okay, what the heck did I miss?

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Ettin in the Playground

How do you figure? Shinji's spell specifically acted strictly to purify Hollow Reiatsu.
    Drone on: Pretty much a hollow.

Drone off: Pretty much a human.

So either it would have killed them or done nothing.

While randomly reading through the Spirit Realms thread, I just came across the following:

'where Soul Society once stood'

Okay, what the heck did I miss?
    Von Geister flooded it (with dead people) and almost crashed it into Earth. It is now on the other side of the Earth's orbit.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Kuroi, Straws, Dorizzit, in case it isn't clear, my last MW post was basically me trying to gather the group that's gonna go fight Alpha-1.

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Orc in the Playground

The full story re: Akiyama assassination was that Yui Moto came to the matriarch to pitch basically a coverup plot that the Andersons were setting Chuck up to take over their family with shady marriage licenses and an assassination attempt on her life. She of course hired a bunch of excommunicated Andersons and used her favorite hitman Shizuka Misaki (my character) to perform the operation. Kaede managed to kill nearly all of the assailants (the others got away in a helicopter) before Misaki shot her in the head through a hole in their facility she created with a long-range sprenger.

The twins' mother is alive, but she's crippled from a car bombing and Frozen has been playing her. Currently, Yui Moto's son, Yoshiro, is attempting to bring his mother to justice with Shizuka's help. Because really, Shizuka is just a crazy yandere.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Ogre in the Playground

*nods*

I'll get a post up ASAP. Heck, I can play the twins' "okay, what the HELL went on while we were out" as I discover it as well!

Where's the post where they got flesh-budded/droned/Geistered, is my main question.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Orc in the Playground

It was done offscreen, the Twins were called to the principal's office on the day of the assassination/attack, and then disappeared. Draken could say more, but he's offline now.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Ogre in the Playground

*nods* Even better!

*may have Hinata's Zanpaktou spirit wake the twins*

*yes, this will mean Hinata gets Shikai*

Unless being Geistered stuffs with your inner world.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Ettin in the Playground

*nods* Even better!

*may have Hinata's Zanpaktou spirit wake the twins*

*yes, this will mean Hinata gets Shikai*

Unless being Geistered stuffs with your inner world.
    It doesn't particularly mess up with the inner world but the drone's spirit would also be there and it is still patterned after the host. The whole family has access to the mental link as well.

Also, Von Geister has actually filled Hinata's head with knowledge of kidõ.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Orc in the Playground

Well ain't Geister just a heaping help of plot convenience.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Ettin in the Playground

Well ain't Geister just a heaping help of plot convenience.
    His prime power could pretty much read "Plot Device" instead of all the hoop-leaping stuff I had to do in the write-up.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing