New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Random Banter D&D 3.5e Campaign IC

Béla will move 15 feet upwards and over to I7, and then cast [I]Scorching Ray/I] at the Thingy.

Spoiler: Ranged Touch Attack
    Show
    (1d20+3)[20]

Spoiler: If Hit, Then
    Show
    (4d6)[14]
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

Your ray of fire easily hits the beast, and it bellows as its tough skin begins to char. The ice still clinging to its hide from Tass' icelance vaporizes in an impressive burst of steam from the heat.

OOC: The creature fails to take any actions again, and the initiative count marches on.

Lucas, you're up.
    A few odds and ends.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

Lucas sizes up the door, the performer, and the bloody room. Had he been fainter of heart, the sight might have been too much. Lucas compartmentalized the disgust and terror away. Later. First, he needed Holtti to get in here, and hope he was also not faint of heart. Then, his mission was to protect the final musician. The musician would be able to tell them what in the Gods names happened here. He steps up to the door, and quickly decides that breaking down the board or door would take too much time. Luckily, the door opened inwardly, and he could remove the hinges.

"Alright, General. The door should be free to pull when I say when! I'm removing the hinges." He removes the hinges, and shouts - "WHEN!" Then, he moves to the musician, and something begins to bother him in the back of his mind. What was it, what was it? Then, he recalls the drip that came down on him while he was looking around. It dripped from above him. Almost to the musician, Lucas twists his head around to inspect the ceiling, looking for the cause of the drip.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

Musicians' Room

Spoiler: Lucas
    Show
    You easily remove the hinges, and with a few solid hits, Holtti breaks down the door. At the sight of the room, however, his face pales, and he doubles over in revulsion. "Oh... oh, gods..."

Looking up, you see a small, pulsating orb of blood floating in the air near the ceiling. There is a small, steady drip coming off of it, and judging by its size, it will probably disappear soon. Something seems otherworldly, almost dream-like about it...

--
    Holtti attempts to pull himself together, and looks around, still in shock. "I... I suppose my lack of trust in the musicians was misplaced. Did you see who did this to them?"

--
    OOC: Can I get spot checks from everyone on the roof?

Spoiler: Result of 28 or higher
    Show
    You see a shadowy figure on the roof, perhaps 70ft to the south of the stunned gargoyle.

Tass, you're up.

Spoiler: Initiative order, for reference
    Show

Holtti
    Tass: [13]
    Alphonse: [12]
    Bela: [11]
    Creature on the roof
    Lucas: [7]
    Something
    A few odds and ends.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

Tass flies up to P10, staying 30 feet off the ground. She grasps in the air with her talons toward the creature, and with a melodic, frosted screech, its skin starts to freeze all over.

Spoiler: Spellcasting
    Show
    Casting Winter's Embrace (Fort DC 17). If it fails its save, it must make a new save in each of the upcoming rounds or take 1d8 of damage that round. If it takes damage twice, it becomes fatigued, if it does so four times, it becomes exhausted.
    Last edited by Teddy; 2014-02-06 at 04:54 PM.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

The gargoyle harmlessly shakes off the frost magic, and the ice falls off to the roof and melts.

OOC: It passed its save, negating the spell.

Alphonse, you're up.
    A few odds and ends.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Colossus in the Playground

Alphonse will do a series of a back flips, bouncing from feet to hands to feet and so on, until he ends in O13. He'll then strike a pose, splaying his legs, swinging his glaive back behind him as his right hand extends out behind him, as his left raises up to somewhat obscure his face, holding up all five fingers.

Spoiler: Alphonse in a nutshell
    Show
    Jump Check for Backflips: (1d20+16)[20] +10 feet

Swift to regain my spent Manouvers, then Standard action to pose for the after effect of said Swift action.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

I guess Béla will just scan around with Detect Magic, which should still be running. (I think)
    Show
    You're my favorite.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

You can sense the lingering magical auras from the spells you and Tass have cast, and the auras from you and your party's magical items, but nothing else.

OOC: The gargoyle is still stunned, and takes no actions.

Lucas, you're up.
    A few odds and ends.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

Lucas' eyes go wide as he notices the spinning orb of blood. He turns, looks at the General, and then looks at the minstrel. "We need to get out of here. Now."

*If the minstrel cooperates: Lucas ushers the frightened musician out the door, closes it, and performs a heal check to see the extent of his damages. In doing so, he checks the pulse of the musician, and tries to see if it matches the pulsing of the bloody orb inside the room.

*If the minstrel does not cooperate: Lucas picks up the frightened musician, calls back to Holtti to help him, and carries the man out the door, turning as soon as he exits.

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground

Musicians' Room:

Show
    As soon as Holtti collects himself, he helps you usher the scared musician out of the room. A quick test of his pulse reveals that it is the same as the orb - however, when the minstrel leaves the room, the orb finally collapses in on itself and drops to the floor in a small splash of blood.

As for the minstrel himself, he seems to be mostly alright, despite some serious-looking cuts. He's missing his left hand, and has some nasty cuts in and around his mouth and jaw, almost as if someone was trying to take his jaw out with a knife, but he'll live. As for his mental health, you can't say.

OOC: I'm assuming you're taking 10 on the heal check for a result of 23 - if you want to see if rolling higher gets you more info, you can roll in the dice thread and I'll edit stuff into this post or the next one I make for Lucas as necessary.

--

Outside:

A bolt of swirling energy from the south strikes Alphonse in the back. It burns with an utterly malevolent and hateful green-purple flame, which soon peters out and leaves a large black mark on your armor. Something about the attack begins to shake your resolve...

A quick glance behind you reveals a shadowy figure falling - or perhaps jumping - off the roof. You catch a glimpse of something metal in its hand, but nothing else.

Spoiler: Tass
    Show
    This is the first figure you saw when you came to the feast.

OOC: Alphonse takes 30 points of damage, and needs to make a Will save.

Tass, you're up.

Show

Holtti
    Creature on the roof
    Something
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2014-02-11 at 02:04 PM.
    A few odds and ends.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

Tass flies over to H11 while remaining at her current altitude, screeching out as her eyes start to glow with a dim, green light. Simultaneously, the dark figure starts to burn with a similar glow, clearly outlining it in the dark.

Show
    Casting Faerie Fire at I18-J19, negating concealment and invisibility and making any creature in the area shed light like a candle for 6 minutes.
    Last edited by Teddy; 2014-02-11 at 02:46 PM.

Show

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

The light sticks to the figure, covering it in dim green flame. You can see in one of its hands an ornate, bloodstained dagger. A few bits of pale skin are visible under its black cloak.

Alphonse, you're up.
    A few odds and ends.

14. - Top - End - #164

Alphonse cringes, trying to keep himself steady. "Lady Tass, Sir Bela, follow it. I...can handle the gargoyle!"

Alphonse will then charge at the Gargoyle, jumping forward and performing a great thrust with his glaive "Harpoon!"

Spoiler
    Show
    First, using Power Attack to it's max, reducing accuracy by 6.

Jump check to move three spaces in a jumping charge, to O10: (1d20+14)[26] +10 feet.

Leaping Charge Attack: (1d20+9)[28] vs AC

(1d10+26)[32] slashing damage if it hits.

Miss Chance (20 or lower miss): (1d100)[53]

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

The gargoyle roars in pain as your mighty strike cuts a wide gash in its side. Silvery blood pours out and spills on the roof, and while it doesn't seem as hurt as it ought to be by that attack, the beast is clearly on its last legs...

OOC: That seriously hurt the gargoyle, and although it DR'd about a third of the damage away, it's still up (although just barely).

Bela, you're up.
    A few odds and ends.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground

Béla will fly at the figure, and if/once he is horizontally ten feet away (still way above) he will cast Summon Monster III, summoning (1d3)[2] Large Monstrous Centipedes.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

After the door was propped back onto the frame, Lucas turned to the man he'd rescued. "What's your name, friend? You're safe now. We will keep you safe."

He pulled from his haversack a bottle filled with a brown, golden liquid, and put it in the Genereal's hands. "I want to make sure the rest of the group is safe. I saw a robed figure in the room, but he disappeared once I saw him. There could be more than just him. Still, I want to make sure this man is protected. He may be the only one who can tell us anything about what happened. This should help heal his wounds."

It was one of the healing potions he'd brewed, but only one that would heal a moderate amount of damage. "As soon as he's safe, I'd put guards on the doors. Don't want our guests witnessing such a gruesome scene. " Lucas begins to make his way to the roof, heading to the access Holtti had mentioned earlier.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground

Inside:

Show

The minstrel just shakes; clearly too frightened to respond to you.

Holtti nods. "I'll be out there soon myself. If you see anyone suspicious, arrest them, and if they object, it's on my authority. Try not to get them killed; it's harder to interrogate a corpse. I'll be up there as soon as he's attended to, and put this matter to rest." He calls over a guard as you hurry off to find your party.

OOC: It'll take you a full round (of running) to get to the roof, and at that point you can use medium and long-range spells. Another full round will get you to the south edge of the battle map.

---
    Outside:

The mysterious figure on the edge of the roof stands still, and hesitates. She speaks in an ancient tongue - loud enough to hear clearly even at a distance - with a deep and heavy voice that commands your attention. "آپ، اچھی طرح سے وفادار ہاؤنڈ میرے خدمت کی ہے. روانگی اور آزاد ہو. میں اب بھی خواب جو پیٹ میں جڑواں بچے، جاگ کے لئے جلد ہی ہو جائے گا."

She seems to be waiting for something, though...

Spoiler: Draconic
    Show
    "You have served me well, faithful hound. Depart and be free! I will go soon to wake the twins, who still dream."

--

Tass, you're up.
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2014-02-12 at 10:47 PM.
    A few odds and ends.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

"It may be harder, General, but I have my ways," Lucas called back to Holtti, as he rushes away. "I'll do my best, but I can't vouch for my companions. I fear whatever it is is magic, so be ready to take such forces on."

World Building Projects:
    Magic

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Tass swoops down to J15 and an altitude of 30 ft above ground level, and uttering a long melodic screech, she raises her wings to break her flight and throws her head forward, spitting a blob of opaque goo toward the robed figure.

Show
    Casting Blinding Spittle against the hooded woman, blinding her until she manages to rince her eyes with water or anything similar if it hits.

Ranged touch attack: (1d20+3)[20]
    Last edited by Teddy; 2014-02-13 at 06:14 PM.

Show

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

The figure tries to duck, but she's too slow, and the wad of spittle flies toward her face... and is suddenly diverted by a bright, shimmering field, which flings the spittle harmlessly behind her. It soon fades, but now that you know what to look for, you can still see a slight shimmer around the figure that isn't from faerie fire.

She laughs, and says, "Your magic is weak, Bird-Preist. But I am not here for you. Stand aside, and I will not cull you from the skies."

The gargoyle shakes its head one last time, and rights itself, clearly both angry and hurt.

OOC: Your attack hits her touch AC, and beat the miss chance for shadowy illumination - however, another miss chance on her person has deflected your spell. Additionally, the gargoyle is no longer stunned.

Alphonse, you're up.
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2014-02-14 at 09:27 AM.
    A few odds and ends.

22. - Top - End - #172

Alphonse hefts his glaive above his head, spinning it to clean it of some of the silvery blood "Ah, I see you've gotten a hold of yourself! But it's too late! JADE RAZOR!"

He'll then swing his glaive, glowing with a jade light once more, aiming to decapitate the gargoyle once and for all. Depending on the results he may or may not move from his current location.

Spoiler: Violence fight
    Show

Jade Razor: (1d20+10)[12] VS touch AC
    (1d10+5)[14] slashing damage if it hits.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground

You swing, and just as you're about to hit, you misjudge the distance in the dark and strike empty air. Another bolt of energy flies towards you, but similarly misses, shooting past your shoulder and dispersing a few feet off to your side. The gargoyle chuckles menacingly.

OOC: You would have otherwise hit, but you failed the miss chance. The figure took a readied attack, but also failed her miss chance.

Bela, you're up.
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2014-02-13 at 08:47 PM.
    A few odds and ends.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

The centipede on KL89 will step up to the gargoyle, step up to the gargoyle, step up to the gargoyle, step up to the gargoyle, arrange the rest of his legs, and, hissing fearlessly, bite.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+5)[20]

Damage:(1d8+3)[5]

Just in case.
    Last edited by Cuthalion; 2014-02-14 at 09:30 AM.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

The centipede on HI1617 will scuttle up to the female figure and grapple her with a touch attack.

Spoiler: Touch Attack
    Show
    (1d20+5)[17]

Béla will then move to K15 and wait his turn out.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

The first centipede bites the gargoyle, but can't even scratch its skin. The second tries to grab the figure, but gets a dagger in its underbelly and recoils.

The gargoyle jumps back, and with a powerful beat of its wings, launches itself into the air. It flies up and around, at first some 20ft above Alphonse's head, and soon is 40ft above the roof.

OOC: The first centipede hit, but its damage was entirely negated by DR. The second centipede's grapple attempt was ruined by an attack of opportunity that does 3 damage. The gargoyle withdraws to N18/O19, avoiding AoOs.

Lucas arrives at the roof at the end of his turn, 60ft south of the map.
    --
    Tass, you're up.

Show

Holtti
    Something
    Creature on the roof
    A few odds and ends.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

Tass glares toward the hooded woman and curves over to L19, rising to an altitude of 40 feet. Frosted air starts to rise from her noistrils and she utters a long screech, cold an echoing as above the frozen mountains. In an instant, her breath freezes and she blows a large cone of iced air toward the gargoyle.

Show
    Casting Frost Breath targetting the gargoyle.

Cold damage: (3d4)[12], Reflex DC 17 half and the gargoyle is dazed for one round if it fails its save

Show

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

The gargoyle evades part of the frozen blast, but the magic takes its toll, and the beast falls to the ground and slams into the roof of the feast hall, partially covered in frost.

The cloaked woman looks at the dying creature and says, "میں آپ کی تدفین تدفین، پتھر کے بچے کو نہیں دے سکتے ہیں افسوس ہے کہ. آپ کو خوابوں کی دنیا میں رہ سکتے ہیں."

She then takes a step back, and traces a rune in the air. "I name you, Frost-Bird-Priest, فراسٹ پرندوں پادری, and I will have penance in blood. The Unforgiving will guide my hand!"

Spoiler: Draconic
    Show
    "I am sorry that I cannot give you burial rites, child of stone. May you live on in the world of dreams."

OOC: The gargoyle is unconscious and dying. The woman took a 5ft step back (off the map, although you can still target her) and did something - you can roll Spellcraft to try and determine what.

Alphonse, you're up.
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2014-02-14 at 02:08 PM.
    A few odds and ends.

29. - Top - End - #179

Alphonse will look at the gargoyle somewhat deflated, mumbling under his breath about how he would of liked to earn the Gargoyle's head. He'll then move to L16, and pose, thrusting his hips forward slightly while pointing towards the shadow figure with his glaive, a face of annoyance clearly present.

"Foul shadow! Even if you escape, know we'll hunt you down!"

Spoiler: Oh man too far away to attack XP
    Show

Posin' to get my stuff back, trying not to be suicidal.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

Both centipedes will scurry over to the closest side of the lady and attempt touch attacks. Béla will do nothing once more.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+5)[11]
    (1d20+5)[22]
    Show
    You're my favorite.