New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: Trials of Tokuisei

Jarlyn couldn't restrain a splutter and almost gagged as Lucien casually considered the heathen god's sexual preferences. Turning to Lucien he stared in surprise, wondering what he was doing? Strangely enough, he'd actually found it quite funny: perhaps he was too straight laced.

Recovering from his bout of laughter he looked back at the manor ahead of them. Lucien was the Chosen, Reiaz an incredibly powerful warrior, and Jarlyn himself and Eikaba would surely add to the group's power: they were the stronger half of the group, and were doing nothing. We need to do something, he decided.

Stepping back he drew Eikaba to one side so that they would not interupt whatever Lucien was saying, and whispered: "We should strike: it is dangerous to allow Dex to focus on half of our group. But if we make a distraction he may well turn his gaze away from Aralia and Melisandre."

2. - Top - End - #212
    Barbarian in the Playground

And inside wthey would find a grand, two tiered study, with a balcony overlook, and massive windows to peer onto the front of the mansion. Once the guests entered, they'd find the door close behind them. Not quickly, just a gentle movement for privacy, as Dex would reveal himself.

If this was his natural form, it certainly said much about the fallen gods. Dex was a tall, somewhat lanky man with smooth, if slightly pale skin. His features caught immediate notice from the girls, however, as a lot of things began to make more sense. Dex's hair was a short, somewhat unkempt emerald colored style, reaching down to his neck. His eyes matched, with the same vibrant color they had seen just hours ago in the hall. He could have easily been Reiaz's father, or older brother given by the age he chose to appear as.

His style of clothing seemed relaxed, a simple black sleeveless gi wrapped around him, with white pants. A green belt tied along the waist, with some kind of a golden seal on the center of it. However, much inspection would be hard to place, as the fallen simply leaped down from the balcony, reaching the girls' level.

"Better than I imagined. Ladies, I am Dex, I do believe you've been looking for me."

The god would perform something of an extravagant bow, one hand under his stomach as one hand lifted into the air.

"And you've brought toys with you as well. I can't thank you enough for the entertainment. Now, what is it you wish from me?"

----

Meanwhile, the twins would seem to narrow their eyes towards Lucien as he mentioned the pixies.

"The Faefolk are not welcome here."

"Master Dex has uses for them, but they are none too like the women."

"I imagine their bones crack easily."

"And their wings can just be tugged off."
    Last edited by Mura-neechan; 2014-04-09 at 06:10 AM.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Firbolg in the Playground

Acerbus silently judges this 'god' as he makes the very ungraceful dive off of the balcony Sloppy footwork, had to correct course midjump and bounced a bit during his landing, this fop is an amateur. Though I imagine this sex driven dandy breeds with his own daughters, Reiaz is more than likely a son so Daddy issues or maybe trying to replace dear daddy? Maybe Dex just clones himself so if one form dies another can just be taken over...?
    Blarg...

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Mellisandra, the Scarlet Wanderer

Mel's eyes narrow suspiciously as the 'God' revealed himself. He didn't seem too impressive anyway.

A simple man with a simple plan. Keep your eyes open, old girl.

Unconsciously, Mel feels at the vibrations in the air caught by the silk weaves of her mask. Perhaps there was more to the man than there seemed...

"Indeed, I do believe we have been looking for you. However, seeing as you've called us here on your own, it would seem that you are, in point of fact, the one who wishes something from us."

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Mel studies Dex with her Tremorsight, looking for any discrepancies between the information gained from that sense with those of her other senses.
    Spot: (1d20+18)[22] In case he's wearing a disguise and/or using illusion magic to alter his appearance.
    If Mel is considered to have 'interacted' with an illusion, her Will save is +15.

Additionally, Mel is interested in what 'Dex' means by them bringing 'toys.'
    Sense Motive? (1d20+18)[38]

5. - Top - End - #215

Aralia Mistbreaker

"Mhmm!" Aralia smiles cheerily, putting on her best 'innocent princess' look. "And, um, what toys do you mean?"

Even as she puts on her facade, she also starts analyzing the deity's behaviors and actions.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive (to figure out what he really wants and any lies he may have): (1d20+17)[20]
    Spot (to see if he's hiding or doing anything): (1d20+17)[36]
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

6. - Top - End - #216

"Oh, obviously. Your bodies. I think Iruz would tell you that much before you got here. I enjoy women, my ladies, and you are fine women. Even if you think you are a little banged up, a little immature, a little... plain, for my tastes. However, I have no interest in taking things from others. I much prefer to be given what I desire freely, so I will spend some time, you will get to know me, and like all others, you will see that- oh. Right."

Dex would near a bit, as he approached Aralia, a finger moving towards her forehead.

"I detest the little voices that whisper in one's ear. Magic, fate, duty. The socially acceptable. But neither of you care. You fight for the Chosen, but neither of you care much of the Supreme Brat, or his little crusade, do you?"

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

Lucien's eyes narrow in turn at the words the maids spout. Well, aren't you two pleasant, he mutters. Well, much as it's been such a great pleasure talking to you; utterly fascinating, really, I'm getting pretty bored just standing here doing nothing. If we've got to wait an hour, I'm going for a walk.

And so he walks to the right down the wall. When he is decently far away he begins to sing (not very well) a song in Sylvan of a lost child searching for his home. It was a song he had learned as a child, and he kept his ears open for any sounds from the other side of the wall.

Spoiler
    Show
    Listen: (1d20+12)[19]

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Eikaba shifts awkwardly, some of his discomfort showing through. "Do not disagree, but they choose this," he whispers back. "We move, do we not change plan?"

He keeps one eye on Lucien as the Chosen wanders off, ever-mindful of the potential for the seemingly-peaceful situation to change at a moment's notice.
    Last edited by Sallera; 2014-04-10 at 12:13 AM.
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Mel smiles beneath her mask like a shark who has caught the smell of blood as the man speaks. When he goes to touch Aralia, she almost moves to stop him, but then decides to wait and see how the girl reacted.

"Quite right. I claim no love for the Supreme Authority myself. I fail to understand how that means we are so much more valuable to you though."

I fight for the Chosen because the 'Avatars' spread death and destruction whenever they rise. It might be because it is Dex I'm meeting first, the Lord of Evil and the Manipulator, but this isn't exactly putting a bright face on not putting them down.
    Last edited by Techwarrior; 2014-04-10 at 12:32 AM.

10. - Top - End - #220

RedKnightGirl

"Well, the others are in the very heart of a fallen god's stronghold, so I would imagine that changing the plan even slightly would help them," Jarlyn whispers back forcefully.

Then, stepping away from the troll, he turned to the twins and in his most self-righteous voice, rebuked them: "You are heathen witches, and succubi of the vilest pit, but I will take mercy on you if you leave now. We have come to burn your god to ash, and we will not falter or fail. Leave and take all your fellows with you. Any who remain will have no mercy from me." Jarlyn drew his sword, which appeared at first simply to be a hilt, until a brilliant white blade of pure light sprung from the crossguard.

"Reiaz, Lucien, Eikaba. I've had enough of waiting around. Let us do what we came here to do." With that he stormed towards the doors of the mansion and would push through them.

Spoiler: Intimidate
    Show
    (1d20+3)[9]

11. - Top - End - #221

Acerbus noted the venom as the heathen insulted the Supreme Authority, it was plainly obvious that Dex loathed and feared Him. Still the gnome didn't react, like any good assassin he would strike when his enemy was at his weakest... a situation that would be very awkward for all three of them no doubt but alas catching the lecher with his pants down would be the best way to catch him off guard.
    Blarg...

12. - Top - End - #222

Aralia Mistbreaker

Aralia leans back from the finger, blushing slightly at Dex's frank words. "Ah... I mean, I don't really mind the Supreme Authority, but I don't have much of a loyalty to him though..."

She looks over at Mel. "I think we're valuable just because we're girls."
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Mel looks over to Aralia and smiles, trying to help comfort the magical girl.

"Oh assuredly. He is a man after all. I'm just saying he should have much better excuse than that if he thinks he's going to be enjoying these 'toys.' "

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

Eikaba squares his shoulders at the forced action, a steely gaze settling on any of the maids who come near, but he follows only if and when Reiaz and Lucien do; although it bothers him that he needs to choose, he must prioritize the safety of the Chosen.

"I think, we must intrude," he says firmly. "Please do not get in way."

Spoiler
    Show
    The Dex scene is creepy, squicky, and hilarious at the same time, so I'm rather conflicted about whether or not to interrupt. On the other hand, who knows how long it'd take us to find the right room, even if they did let us in.

Eikaba will enter the Iron Guard's Glare stance.
    Last edited by Sallera; 2014-04-10 at 05:36 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Lucien stops when he hears the self-righteous intonation of the priest. Well, if he's going to push his way through the gate anyway...

The woodsman jogs quickly back to the group and unslings his bow from its place on his shoulder. Uh, yeah, what Mr High and Mighty said, Lucien says, following slightly behind Jarlyn. As they move he continues to sing that song, still slightly off-key. He keeps his eyes and ears peeled for any signs of trouble or reaction to their movement.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+17)[34]
    Listen: (1d20+17)[22]

16. - Top - End - #226

Dex would smile as Aralia backed away, taking a step back, as he listened seemingly intently upon the pair, before quickly shaking his head twice, a palm reaching out to shield him from some kind of verbal assault. It, like many of the other motions the fallen god seemed to move with, appeared a bit flamboyant.

"Ladies, ladies. It isn't anything so simple. You two are gems in this pile of muck the humans call a kingdom. But, I'm not offering you pleasure. Well, not only pleasure. As fine as you two are, I have other things to offer besides the most wonderful night of your lives. Even if I'm fairly happy here, I am still the Lord of Demons. Much as that boy out there holds a piece of the Supreme Brat, I can offer you a portion of my strength. That is all you want, anyways. The Chosen tries to stab me, fails and dies. Of course, even if I were to be cut down, I'll just be back, just as lovely, a shame I cannot say the same for humans.. All you really want is a bit of my power to keep me from getting too strong, so I'll give that to you. You can both become Chosen of Dex, which I assure you has a few more benefits than a mad quest to an early grave."

The twins would stare in shock as the cleric brought out his holy blade, the pair both vanishing in a shimmer the moment they were threatened. Demons, obviously, but clearly not of the brave variety. The gate seemed mostly decorative, as Jarlyn casually burst through it, blade in hand. The maids simply stared in shock as he ran for the mansion doors, seeming to be much less of the demonic variety. Jarlyn, however, would not be stopped by mere doors, bursting through them and opening into its grand hall, the maids moving around there simply stopping and staring at the sudden and noisy intrusion. A glance to the sword concerned them, but the massive troll behind the man seemed to be what truly frightened them.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah... He wants a plant. Hm... How to proceed.

Mel's brow furrows as she frowns beneath her mask. Then, curiosity piques and she has to inquire more. She brushes a bit of hair out of her face almost flirtatiously, couldn't let the Lord of Lust get too focused.

"I've heard similar before, in conversing with others. What precisely do you mean by housing a part of you, or the Chosen housing a part of the Supreme Authority? If you want us to even consider housing a piece of the Lord of Demons, you'll have to explain everything. In excruciating detail."

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Eikaba looks around, a challenging gaze meeting each of the maids in turn. As soon as it becomes clear than none of them are an immediate threat, however, he relaxes somewhat, drawing himself up to his full height and relying on his imposing stature to convey the regality he did not naturally possess.

"Apologize for way of entry, but was necessary," he says, rumbling voice carrying easily through the hall. "Have business with Dex that cannot wait. You will take us to him."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

19. - Top - End - #229

RedKnightGirl

"Yes, and hurry!" Jarlyn adds, advancing purposefully into the manor.

20. - Top - End - #230

The gnome stands behind the Heathen Scum swords poised for any indication of funny business, well funny business other than the nonsense he was spouting. He had met some less than wholesome people in his career but this fellow was most assuredly Lord of the Lechers, Prince of the Perverts, Duke of the Douchebags... Well at least he thought so, he didn't know what half of those words truly meant since he picked them up from some brutish looking men he was stalking at a tavern a few years back. Personally he didn't care about the 'God's' libido, he just liked alliteration and often would make excuses to use them in his mind but he still was going to kill the heathen defiler, with much gusto and great prejudice.
    Blarg...

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

Lucien gestures at the maids vaguely with his drawn bow, choosing not to say anything as he looks around for signs of opposition, or anything else of note.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+17)[23]
    Listen: (1d20+12)[28]

22. - Top - End - #232

Dex would grin as Mellisandra posed the question, a hand raising somewhat dramatically, as he curled it into a fist.

"Your Supreme Authority is weak. Far weaker than me. He exists in a state of perpetual terror that any one of us will grow and crush him. So he abuses the ability to reincarnate. You see, typically, we create incarnations, and put them to sleep. When we grow bored with an age or time, we destroy this vessel, and prop up a new one. That is just a common practice for us. Your Supreme Authority doesn't have that time though. As he is the patron deity of humans, he invades one of their bodies and slowly consumes the soul. A soul has a lot of power, you know. It is why my demons are so interested in them~ Anyways, he uses that soul to do what any of us can do on a whim, destroy these vessels. The destruction forces out power to regroup, and then we have to create a new vessel from scratch, it really is annoying. Also, I think I hit it perfectly with this one, what do you girls think?"

Dex would slowly twirl a bit, not waiting for a response as he continued.

"So, when I offer to grant you a piece of my power. I mean doing things how they used to be. We chose a proper recipient and grant the Divine to them. The Chosen of Dex were once great heroes, you know. Just maybe not in the ways you'd consider. I'd like to bring back the tradition, and a couple of lovely ladies seem to be the best candidates. I only have one request, though. See, my power stems from free will. My Chosen need to exude that, let ones whims lavish the world. Do what you want, never apologize. There's no law, no morality, only what you wish."

However, as the troll demanded aid, he'd find the maids merely scattering in various directions as the great stairs would suddenly warp with space, as two figures appeared and blocked the path. The were horribly different, but their presence would make any cleric twitch.

Both were massive figures, clearly evil just in their very design. Westwards stood a black behemoth, its flesh an armored ebony, with the only real trace of color being the almost glowing violet gaze from it's eyes. It had four arms, two massive, armored, with pincer like hands, and two smaller humanoid arms, folded across its belly, standing arrogant and powerful.

The second was much more an abomination. Looking fat and ape-like, with fur coating its body and huge powerful looking hands, a piggish face snorted in amusement, as the creature lifted to the sky slightly with a pair of tiny raven styled wings, cackling at the crowd.

The first of the two demons would speak, although how a creature so terrifying could have a voice so calm and collected seemed impossible. It was as if a loud, and gruff, man was explaining something simple. "You were given instructions. You lack the will to face Him."

23. - Top - End - #233

RedKnightGirl

"But I have the will to face you!" Jarlyn cried, filling himself with divine power. He felt a sense of peace and purpose come over him. He would not fight these creatures with brute strength, but with the certainty that he was right, that the Supreme Authority would overcome these creatures of night.

"Supreme one, guide me," he muttered as he stepped towards the enemy, blade raised.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+1)[3]

I'm going to state Jarlyn's actions for the round, though I'm not certain when he will act.

If both enemies are within 20ft:
    Swift Action: Use Holy Warrior ability (Ordained Champion) to use Wisdom instead of Strength for Attack and damage rolls.
    Move Action: Move towards the black behemoth creature.
    Standard Action: Attack roll: (1d20+21)[38]
    Damage: (1d10+13)[14]
    Punishing Stance damage: (1d6)[4]
    If connected to Old Gods: (2d6)[6] or (5d6)[15] if outsider

If only one enemy is within 20ft (same as above but choose that enemy)

If no enemies within reach:
    Swift Action: Use Holy Warrior ability as above.
    Move Action: Move towards the enemy staying 15feet away.
    Standard Action: Cast Flame Strike, attempting to get both, but if not, hitting the Ape.
    (14d6)[54] Reflex Save DC 22 for half.

Asdin the dragon hurled himself towards the enemy, jaws agape and intending to tear them apart.

Show
    Initiative: (1d20)[15]

Movement 60 ft, Fly 150ft (so hopefully he should reach the enemy with one move action). Asdin will attack the Ape creature.

He has Rake and Pounce, allowing him to attack with all natural weapons after moving. Except Tail Slap, I think.

Bite Attack Roll: (1d20+21)[27] Damage: (3d6+13)[20]
    Claw (1d20+21)[30] Damage (3d6+7)[17]
    Claw (1d20+21)[37] Damage (3d6+7)[11]
    Wing (1d20+21)[33] Damage (1d6+7)[8]
    Wing (1d20+21)[30] Damage (1d6+7)[10]

I now recall why I wasn't certain about Asdin: the power level seems high. If you want me to tone him down a bit I can.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Mel perks up her eyebrows in confusion.

"I fail to see how allowing you to consume and destroy not only my body, but my soul is something I should allow. I know better than most the value of such things, being a Bearer. Much as the capability to reshape reality in my own image might be tempting, that is the point of temptation. To tempt me. I don't see how what the two of us want is reconcilable. If you can think of a way, please enlighten me."

Mel Readies an action, worried that she might anger the god.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

Eikaba merely nods to the black behemoth. "Understand. This is test. We will pass." Interposing himself between the demons and the two Chosen, Eikaba holds sharpened claws at the ready, a faint silver light limning their tips. Watching both of them for an attack, at the first sign of hostile motion from the nearest behemoth, he slices forward to stop it in its tracks.

Spoiler
    Show
    If possible, Eikaba will position himself so that he threatens both enemies; if not, simply the closest one. He will attempt to stay in between the enemies and Lucien. He will then ready an action to attack the first demon to take a hostile action.
    Attack: (1d20+15)[19]
    Damage: (1d6+11)[15] (If it matters for the purposes of DR, all of Eikaba's attacks count as magic, good-aligned and adamantine.)

Active Stance: Iron Guard's Glare

If either enemy provokes an AoO from Eikaba by moving, he will use Stand Still in place of a normal attack; I'll let you roll that yourself to save time if it becomes relevant.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

Lucien spits at the demon who spoke, not needing words to show his disdain. A split second after the cleric runs at them, Lucien speaks a quick word of command and then blurs across the room, maneuvering closer to the demons to get a better angle at them. The Eye of the Supreme glows softly as he pulls an arrow back on the string, and the projectiles he fires split into pairs as he rains arrows down upon the one Jarlyn just attacked.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+12)[14]

Activating my Quicksilver Boots to move at least 10ft as a swift action to within 30ft of the demons. Rapid shot for a -2 to-hit.

1a. (1d20+10)[11]+5 for 15
    (1d6+4)[10]+(3d6)[13]

1b. (1d20+10)[20]+5 for 25
    (1d6+4)[10]+(3d6)[6]

2a. (1d20+10)[20]+5 for 25
    (1d6+4)[8]+(3d6)[7]

2b. (1d20+10)[30]+5 for 35
    (1d6+4)[5]+(3d6)[12]

3a. (1d20+5)[10]+5 for 15
    (1d6+4)[6]+(3d6)[9]

3b. (1d20+5)[14]+5 for 19
    (1d6+4)[6]+(3d6)[10]
    Last edited by Thokk_Smash; 2014-04-18 at 07:52 PM.

27. - Top - End - #237

"How distressing. It is alright, I'll have plenty of time to work with you."

Dex's demeanor would certainly change, looking more like a young boy who wasn't getting what he wanted, he'd take a step forward, but not towards either of the girls. His eyes casually staring directly at the hidden Acerbus. He'd simply smirk, as his left hand turned to a fist.

"Are there any colors you like? I'll have a room set up for you two. You don't mind sleeping together, right? I'd find that image particularly, well..."

Meanwhile, the party found itself faced with an incredible enemy. The armored demon would take Jarlyn's assault, snarling in pain, as the flurry of arrows simply clinked off the armor mostly, one striking true in his neck. The troll's attempt to interfere was merely parried by one of the pincers, as the smaller arms clasped together, as the demon quietly chanted something. In a moment a dome of violet light overtook the area around it and those in the melee.

Likewise, the other counterpart merely squealed in delight as it curled a bit, before stretching outward, as massive flow of rainbow light sprawled across the room.

Neither of which seemed to stow Reiz's blood lust, as the man would growl, his body hovering in the air light before, as flames seemed to sprawl out from his back for the briefest of moments. Brief, because he'd fall to his knees, powerless and clearly suffering from the massive weight of his own equipment. The source would become apparent, as Iruz emerged at the top of the stairway.

"He is contained, Master Dex wants him back on ice, do not destroy him."

Spoiler: Saves
    Show

Jarlyn: Will, Will
    Eikaba: Will, Will
    Lucien: Will

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Mel smiles under her mask. Perhaps the two would get a chance to relax while they waited for the others to grow impatient and attempt to break in.

"We'd love to room together. I don't know about Aralia, but I like scarlet, [color X], and [color Y]."

Color X and Y are the colors Kouza is represented with.
    Last edited by Techwarrior; 2014-04-20 at 11:32 AM.

29. - Top - End - #239

RedKnightGirl

Seeing Eikaba drop, clearly dazed, and with Reiaz taken out as well, Jarlyn and Lucien needed only to exchange a glance to know what needed to be done. Damn it, I knew he would betray us. I just hadn't expected them to take us out so damned easily!

"Asdin, carry the troll out of here," Jarlyn instructed, "Take him back to the gates until he recovers." He then muttered a brief prayer to the Supreme as he began to back away: "Lord, stay their hands, shroud them in the darkness of their own false worship."

A black cloud roiled from Jarlyn's fingertips and covered the area around them in impenetrable shadow, though he made certain to ward Asdin against its effects.

Show
    Asdin delays until after Jarlyn's turn.
    Jarlyn casts Doomtide, exempting himself and Asdin from its effects. One square will appear on Iruz and the rest will appear around Jarlyn and the enemy, in a path towards the door. It obscures all sight and forces any enemies to take a Will save (DC 21) or be Dazed for the remainder of the spell. The mist remains stationary unless blown away by a wind.
    Cast defensively: (1d20+18)[24]
    Move Action: move as far back as possible towards the entrance.

Asdin picks up Eikaba and flies towards the exit.

30. - Top - End - #240

Acerbus noticed Dex looking at him, whether or not he noticed the gnome was still unknown but Acerbus planned on remaining low key for the time being. If any of the two women accepted the offer he would kill them without a second thought, last thing the world needed was the virus known as Dex spreading. Though if the children of Dex slept, he would visit them all tonight.
    Blarg...