New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 17 - Where you know all your friends and all your enemies

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Eyros chuckles after being kissed.
    It'll be, definitely.
    Therlynn sits back and asks, "Mind if I move here? I doubt the HALO dorms would be a good place to raise a kid."

2. - Top - End - #302
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 17 - Where you know all your friends and all your enemies

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Therlynn sits back and asks, "Mind if I move here? I doubt the HALO dorms would be a good place to raise a kid."
    Eyros shakes his head.
    Not at all.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

Eyros shakes his head.
    Not at all.
    Therlynn smiles and says, "Thank you. Um...How big is your apartment, anyways?"

4. - Top - End - #304

Therlynn smiles and says, "Thank you. Um...How big is your apartment, anyways?"
    [moderate size]
    He replies.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Coconut Bee Island - Maze]

Fairly soon, they find themselves outside the maze.

Jacqueline has tried not to focus on either of the others, but Grape was thinking quite a bit about Alice's past, and it's hard to not consider something when half the thoughts that come into your head are about it. Grape is really quite angry about this Charlie, about being treated that way.

Derek is waiting at the entrance to the maze, smiling quietly.
    "Well done. I'm glad to say this has been a complete success, despite a slight worry with the animal-blocks. You can remove the headsets now; they haven't been doing anything since you touched the gem at the center of the maze."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

[moderate size]
    He replies.
    Therlynn nods and says, "Sounds about big enough...I still can't believe I'm actually planning for a baby."

((For the record, she'll go into labor once the forum thing is dealt with, or March 12th, whichever is sooner.))

7. - Top - End - #307

Therlynn nods and says, "Sounds about big enough...I still can't believe I'm actually planning for a baby."

((For the record, she'll go into labor once the forum thing is dealt with, or March 12th, whichever is sooner.))
    Same here, obviously.
    Eyros replies.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

8. - Top - End - #308
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Maxwell's Office

Shark sits at the table and starts with the shrimp. He definitely isn't too well-mannered at a meal. Being ex-military will do that to a guy. "So how'd you here this whole place made?"
    Maxwell doesn't begin eating immediately. He takes a seat beside Shark and just watches him a moment, a pleased smile on his lips. "Oh, it makes itself as we go along. We've crossed the same hundred feet or so several times now."

[The Frescot House]

Here, bathed in the mid-afternoon sun, snoozes one Adir Frescot. He snores gently and dreams wildfae dreams from his spot on the cozy living room couch, his antlers stuck solidly in the punctured pillow beneath his head. His pillow. Still here. Gave him a laugh when he saw it. Took some doing, but things are finally looking the way they used to. The kids and wife are moved back in, the place is all unpacked...

Still, one thing troubles him. That poor garden of Sakura's. He can't help but blame himself for its state of decay.

Always something else to do. Now there's weeds to pull by the bushel, plants to trim down, all before Spring really sets in. She said she'd start on the work, but gods strike him dead if he lets her lift another finger over this place. Just... gotta have his nap first. Gosh, when did he start working hard enough to need naps?

As he sleeps, an array of tiny, glowing faces peer down at him from over top of the couch. They do so quietly, wondering if their old 'client' is here to stay this time around. The tinkling of their whispered voices is like wind chimes.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    [Summit Springs - Mimi's Abode]

"Really?"
    Riss said, not quite suppressing a giggle. "With how much I talk around you and Misha, I'm starting to wonder if my reputation as one of the 'quiet ones' is in jeopardy." she said, her smile widening ever so slightly.

"I'm glad, though. I'm at least managing to do something right if I'm keeping you interested. Speaking of 'hanging out,' do you have anything you want to do tonight? I'd be happy to keep you here for a while longer but, unless you're feeling tired, I think it would be nice to get used to the house from this perspective. I'd have done it earlier but I was a bit too focused on getting prepared for when you arrived."
    she said with a gentle blush. She was particularly pleased with being able to actually do that rather than turning a different shade of pale now although no small part of it had been due to her enjoying how it had looked on her fey.

"Um, we could explore a bit so you can see what everything's like." Mimi says with a smile. "How're you gonna get around, though? I can carry you."

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [The Frescot House]

Here, bathed in the mid-afternoon sun, snoozes one Adir Frescot. He snores gently and dreams wildfae dreams from his spot on the cozy living room couch, his antlers stuck solidly in the punctured pillow beneath his head. His pillow. Still here. Gave him a laugh when he saw it. Took some doing, but things are finally looking the way they used to. The kids and wife are moved back in, the place is all unpacked...

Still, one thing troubles him. That poor garden of Sakura's. He can't help but blame himself for its state of decay.

Always something else to do. Now there's weeds to pull by the bushel, plants to trim down, all before Spring really sets in. She said she'd start on the work, but gods strike him dead if he lets her lift another finger over this place. Just... gotta have his nap first. Gosh, when did he start working hard enough to need naps?

As he sleeps, an array of tiny, glowing faces peer down at him from over top of the couch. They do so quietly, wondering if their old 'client' is here to stay this time around. The tinkling of their whispered voices is like wind chimes.
    ((Sorry about the delay. My parents Skyped me.))

[The Frescot House]

Work work work. Adir is sure keeping himself busy getting this place back into shape. So much work, but surely it's worth it. It's for his wife after all, and his children. Speaking of which...

A certain little girl comes crawling into the living room. "Laela! No running away from mommy!" Sakura calls after her, but the girl keeps going. When she catches sight of the little fairies, Laela stops and cranes her head upward to get a better look. Shiny!

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

Same here, obviously.
    Eyros replies.
    Therlynn sighs and hugs Eyros. She whispers to him, "I love you...I hope we're ready for this."

11. - Top - End - #311

Therlynn sighs and hugs Eyros. She whispers to him, "I love you...I hope we're ready for this."
    Eyros hugs back
    Me too, hon.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

12. - Top - End - #312
    Orc in the Playground

Outside Coconut Bee Maze

"What! Really?" To test it, Alice reaches up and will try to take off the helmet thing, before checking to see if all the thoughts bouncing around her head are her own. Or, for that matter, actually in her head and not one of the other's.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

13. - Top - End - #313

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [The Frescot House]

Work work work. Adir is sure keeping himself busy getting this place back into shape. So much work, but surely it's worth it. It's for his wife after all, and his children. Speaking of which...

A certain little girl comes crawling into the living room. "Laela! No running away from mommy!" Sakura calls after her, but the girl keeps going. When she catches sight of the little fairies, Laela stops and cranes her head upward to get a better look. Shiny!
    A collective sigh of adoration rises up from the throng of tiny faces. Though the others try to keep her at bay, one fairy in particular flits outward on wings thin and translucent as candy wrappers. She alights upon the edge of the couch, beside Adir's elbow, peering down at Laela.

"Hello," says she, glowing a soft peach color. In this state she's merely a humanoid strand of light, her small, pale face the most defined feature. Surely she can afford to have a closer look at the lovely faechild. She won't be old enough to remember, and thus the contract need not be changed. At least, she thinks the child won't be old enough. It's been some time since they've actually seen little Laela.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #314

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Fettina's Place]

When the curtain rises, Tina's sitting just behind Shrike on the bed, arms wrapped around the Exalt's chest, innocently shielding her now naked flesh from Sebastian's gaze. She stares at the photographer for a moment, eyes dancing with mirth, lips gently brushing the nape of Shrike's neck. Her eyes are so bright they're almost hypnotic.

"Finished already?" She asks, having seen Sebastian likely fiddling with his empty camera. "I think we ought to talk about pay. You've been very helpful."

Tina leans over to pluck something off her bedside cabinet, trying to quietly retrieve something behind Shrike's back.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Fettina's Place]

Shrike has an almost silly grin on her face, as she relaxes back against Tina, her hair mussed and her eyes sparkling with her own delighted mirth.

"VERY helpful," she agrees, tossing her hair as Tina shifts away. Her attention is focused on Sebastian, though. Making sure he still gets an excellent...composition, were there any film.
    "Oh, I couldn't. It was my pleasure." Sebastian says, still smiling with a giddy enthusiasm. Really, as much fun as ignoring his moral sense has been, accepting payment for it seems... a bit much.

"And you haven't even seen the pictures yet. They're wonderful. I think you two will have quite the career as models." Thumbing through the hefty stack of photos, he plucks a select few from the pile to show the girls. They are, indeed, very easy on the eyes, and some are even modest enough to fit in a decent portfolio.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Outside Coconut Bee Maze

"What! Really?" To test it, Alice reaches up and will try to take off the helmet thing, before checking to see if all the thoughts bouncing around her head are her own. Or, for that matter, actually in her head and not one of the other's.
    The other two take off their helmet-things, at just the same time (Derek comes and collects the three things, turning them off). And it's true, nothing should change.
    Jacqueline sourced thoughts are a little panicked; is there not a way out of this, back to normal? While on the other hand, Grape's thoughts, as they bounce about their shared heads, are really interested, excited, likely the source of some of the exclamation points that Alice is feeling.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

((Busy busy. @.@ I should be able to post more consistently now, though!))

[The Frescot House]

Laela stops and stares at the little being. She's not sure what to make if her! The toddler reaches her hand out tentatively at first, but then goes right in to try and grab the fairy.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Titan in the Playground

The Blooming May

He gets back on his ship, his flying home. Valcario gets out his three bags of parts and his bag of clothes. His rubs his hands together. Time to make one of his coolest inventions yet.

He opens the bags, then spread the parts and clothing out. Then he gets out his steampunk army knife, and like a whirlwind starts putting things together like a whirlwind, the parts all being put together first to form the core of the invention, then all the clothes being sucked in to forms it actual function, until it was all used up and when he was finished, he was left with a new belt: The Personal Disguiser! He put it on. Not only useful for disguises, but also for changing clothes in general. It was basically a mobile wardrobe, with all the clothes and most of the machinery being in Gearspace, and with a press of the button his clothes will instantly change, his current outfit swapped out for a new one within.

He pressed its button, and clothing were instantly swapped by the machinery in a whirlwind of motion; he now had on pure cowboy clothing, his mono-goggle was aesthetically changed to be pure goggles strapped over his eyes, but only one was goggle was functional, he now had a ten-gallon cowboy hat, vest with a SHERIFF star badge on it, his black pants were replaced by blue ones, and his already cowboy boots? all that changed were that spurs were now on them, giving them that distinct cowboy walking chnk-chnk sound, and most importantly of all, he now had a thick false whisker-mustache, giving him a more scruffy appearance.

He changed his posture a bit, slumping a little and changing his stride to be more slow and easy going,he put on a more stoic, lazy expression with a dash of tiredness mixed in. He tested his different voice and speech mannerisms a few times while looking in the mirror. Perfect. Classic sheriff of the frontier. He lazily walked over to the ship's wheel and piloted a course for HALO....
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hildur's Cave]
    Thryza kisses Hildur softly, laying her down on the futon with a giggle.
    Mmmmh, nice as this is, I can't wait til we get the bed.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

19. - Top - End - #319
    Orc in the Playground

Outside Coconut Bee Maze

"How long will this last? And I think Jacqueline will want out soon, if not already." Alice is trying to ask with her real voice, but might accidentally ask from somebody else.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

20. - Top - End - #320
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post

"Um, we could explore a bit so you can see what everything's like." Mimi says with a smile. "How're you gonna get around, though? I can carry you."
    "Well, I guess that could help but I hope you haven't forgotten about all the little paths in the walls." Riss said, not bothering to also mention that she could just modify the floor or use her proportionally greater strength to just leap around if she needed to. "Speaking of those, I'm wondering what you've decorated them with by now. I hope I left you enough room to place trophies." the muse said. There had been a lot of tiny rooms in the walls for whatever Mimi had wanted to use them for although Riss wouldn't be too surprised if most of them were empty. The pixie hadn't shown herself to be all that materialistic and she doubted that had really changed.

Of course, going to see anything would require getting up again despite her reluctance. A last quick kiss on the pixie's forehead would be the only warning she would give before pushing herself up to a sitting position although she would help Mimi adjust to where she was sitting in the muse's lap. "I'll let you lead. you probably know all the best sights anyway."

21. - Top - End - #321

[The Frescot House]

The fairy laughs as she's taken up in Laela's hand, apparently totally unconcerned. She speaks with a deep mother's voice, full of doting and warmth. "You musn't snatch at things like me, o daughter of the forest."

[Fettina's Place]

"You... uh. Really?" Tina says woozily, blinking a few times. She doesn't seem to think he understands what the girls meant by payment. Again, uh. She won't press, if he's that oblivious or, Gods forbid, uninterested. She straightens up behind Shrike again, her hands left empty. Well, unless you count the handfuls of Shrike they're clutching a moment later. "M'kay. Give em' here."

If Shrike takes them, she'll prop her chin on the Exalt's shoulder and glance over their photographs. Wow. "I usually like to toot somebody else's horn if you know what I mean, but..."

[Fettina's Place Numero Dos!]

Tina, Cassidy and Dena arrive here in a drunken heap! The first challenge will probably be making it to the elevator. The robot driver is quite 'happy' to carry one or two ladies, should it be necessary. Or heck, if it isn't, he has to do it anyway.

Ah, but Cassidy's never been here. It's a towering spire, an enormous metal rod set every thirty feet with a wide, curvy platform hanging out over nothing. They're arranged in a variety of ways, but over all, a beautiful blue pulse travels up the sides of the building, from the ground to the tip, where it winks out in a dazzling burst of light. This happens in swift, gentle waves every twenty seconds or so.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2014-03-03 at 09:23 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

[A Hotel in Inside]

Noelle and, presumably, Celica, arrive at a nice-ish hotel in Inside! Noelle smiles and tell Celica, "I've got some cash from my home. If they'll accept it, I'll pay as much as I can."

23. - Top - End - #323

[A Hotel in Inside]

Noelle and, presumably, Celica, arrive at a nice-ish hotel in Inside! Noelle smiles and tell Celica, "I've got some cash from my home. If they'll accept it, I'll pay as much as I can."
    Celica nods, and thanks her for the help.
    the hotel is quite cheap, and paying is quick.
    Celica, upon entering the average normal hotel room, simply collapse on the bed and falls asleep, exhausted.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

Celica nods, and thanks her for the help.
    the hotel is quite cheap, and paying is quick.
    Celica, upon entering the average normal hotel room, simply collapse on the bed and falls asleep, exhausted.
    Noelle acts normally and even a little sympathetically and regretful over her condition, right up until the moment Celica passes out. Even then, she waits a few minutes to ensure the Faunus is asleep before smiling a wide and fangy smile, and trying to sink her fangs into Celica's neck!

25. - Top - End - #325

Hotel

Celica, truly asleep, is bitten!
    And she instantly wakes up.
    Her eyes widen, and she attempts to elbow Noelle in the face!
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

26. - Top - End - #326
    Titan in the Playground

Hotel

Celica, truly asleep, is bitten!
    And she instantly wakes up.
    Her eyes widen, and she attempts to elbow Noelle in the face!
    Noelle takes an elbow to the face, but she tries to wrap her arms around Celica and keep drinking!

27. - Top - End - #327

Noelle takes an elbow to the face, but she tries to wrap her arms around Celica and keep drinking!
    Celica struggles in her strong grip, but to no avail!
    She passes out from blood loss for a couple hours.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

Celica struggles in her strong grip, but to no avail!
    She passes out from blood loss for a couple hours.
    Once Celica passes out, Noelle gently lays her down on the bed. This one being a little more messy, Noelle has Celica's blood over her mouth and chin, and, after licking her lips as much as she can, goes into the bathroom to clean up.

29. - Top - End - #329

Once Celica passes out, Noelle gently lays her down on the bed. This one being a little more messy, Noelle has Celica's blood over her mouth and chin, and, after licking her lips as much as she can, goes into the bathroom to clean up.
    If she searches Celica's body for whatever reason, she'll find:
    • A card labeled "Khyli" and a phone number with a heart drawn in it
    • A gun blade (think Blake's pistol)
    • Some silver bullets
    • A few photos of DaedraVamped!Celica, Celica with her adopted daughter, Celica's shop, and a gold domino mask and white top hat.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

If she searches Celica's body for whatever reason, she'll find:
    • A card labeled "Khyli" and a phone number with a heart drawn in it
    • A gun blade (think Blake's pistol)
    • Some silver bullets
    • A few photos of DaedraVamped!Celica, Celica with her adopted daughter, Celica's shop, and a gold domino mask and white top hat.
    She doesn't search Celica. Instead, she just waits for her to wake up. When she does, Noelle immediately opens with, "Before you try to kill me, wait."