New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: The streets will be running with blood and plush and lemon juice

Quote Originally Posted by 52.5 Lemons View Post
    Are you telling me you can't even handle a pun? Personally, I think most people should find puns appealing.
    Nah, for most of us they're just part of the daily grind.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default I'll beat the pulp out of both of you if I have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Zjoot View Post
    Nah, for most of us they're just part of the daily grind.
    Et tu, Zjootus?
    Avatar by whatever Zjoot became.
    Will take suggested phrases in sig. PM with ideas
    Am I missed in my absence?

3. - Top - End - #183
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Turf War - GAME STARTED ON PAGE 5

Let it be known I'm going to be absolutely invaluable to town this game.

Not placing any votes yet but I'm not a fan of anyone that opens with a RNG vote. Kind of gutless.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWhooves View Post
    Let it be known I'm going to be absolutely invaluable to town this game.

Not placing any votes yet but I'm not a fan of anyone that opens with a RNG vote. Kind of gutless.
    *shrug* Thus is the general trend around here. Pressure wagons are a nice alternative though. I'll put a third vote on Lemons. Two wagons generally tells us more than one, and of the people who have two votes already, Lemons is my preferred choice.
    Last edited by Zjoot; 2014-02-25 at 06:25 PM.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

While I have you here Zjoot, I'm relatively unaccustomed to this player base. And it is a large one. In your estimations, who are the top five most threatening players if they happened to land a wolf role?

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

A large, furry blue monster with a big purple nose wandered through the streets, pounding one fist into the other open palm. "Somebody took my Herakles doll, and when I found out who did it, they're gonna pay!" Having bellowed a warning to no one in particular, Scerry Monster continued down the street.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2014-02-24 at 11:24 PM.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWhooves View Post
    While I have you here Zjoot, I'm relatively unaccustomed to this player base. And it is a large one. In your estimations, who are the top five most threatening players if they happened to land a wolf role?
    Murska, Fleeing Coward, Lex-Kat, Banjo and Ramsus would be my first inclinations. Murska is most likely to steer the village astray and not get caught, Ramsus and FC are most likely to make big tricky plays, and Lex-Kat is uncannily sneaky. Banjo claims he's out of practice, but he still probably coordinates a team just as well as he used to (he makes a great wolf and an even better mason). Others may disagree with my assessment though.

You'll notice I could have voted for FC for the tie, but, though he is dangerous as a wolf, he is a very useful asset as a villager as well and I prefer not to rush in to a lynch in his case.
    Last edited by Zjoot; 2014-02-24 at 11:30 PM.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Disc Lorde View Post
    Point off Dallas-Dakota because two random votes on the same person is unlikely. Another point on DoctorWhooves to get him talking.
    Actually it's pretty likely two random votes will land on the same person. The 5 people who chose random points before you had a 1 in 5 chance of getting at least one pair, while only 8 random points would be needed to move that up to 1 in 2. This is known as the birthday problem.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Hooray math.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by reaverb View Post
    Actually it's pretty likely two random votes will land on the same person. The 5 people who chose random points before you had a 1 in 5 chance of getting at least one pair, while only 8 random points would be needed to move that up to 1 in 2. This is known as the birthday problem.
    I actually did the math myself. I was only counting the people who specifically said they were using a random number generator, which was 4 people, so it was around a 1 in 7 chance. Still not that improbable I admit, but still, worth changing my vote for I thought.
    Last edited by Disc Lorde; 2014-02-25 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Fixed typo.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Thadria
    Guest in the Playground

I have prayed to my all mighty random logic gods and they have chosen my sacrifice.......Zjoot I choose you! Sorry its nothing personal man honest , any how good luck everybody.
    Last edited by Thadria; 2014-02-25 at 12:25 AM.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

Thadria for being the last person to post before me. You've got to admit, that's suspicious.
    Last edited by Lord Herman; 2014-02-25 at 03:57 PM.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

A tall man dressed in a black suit walked down the street with a purpose. He completely ignored everyone around him as he walked towards his target. He had traveled through many strange worlds on his mission but this one had to take the cake. He tried not to dwell on it too much as he scanned the street.

He checked the watch on his left hand. It was a strange device with several hands and three sets of symbols set in a circular pattern around the rim. Some of the hands seemed completely stationary whilst others moved apparently at random, jumping from one symbol to another. The man could make sense of it however, as he realized he had arrived a few days too early.

It seemed he had to find a way to kill some time. He saw the strange shop that didn't quite seem to fit with the rest of the street and felt drawn to it for some reason. As he approached it he saw the books inside and his curiosity peaked. He opened the door and walked towards the counter.

"Excuse me miss, is this some kind of bookstore?"

(BasketofPuppies for breaking the 4th wall. Do you have any idea how hard that is to fix?)

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Seems random. Lord Herman, I haven't seen you in ages!
    Last edited by banjo1985; 2014-02-26 at 03:42 AM.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

He's just back and you already want to lynch him, Banjo, rather cruel-hearted!

Welcome back, Herman! Long time, no see.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

16. - Top - End - #196
    Bugbear in the Playground

Murska, Fleeing Coward, Lex-Kat, Banjo and Ramsus would be my first inclinations. Murska is most likely to steer the village astray and not get caught, Ramsus and FC are most likely to make big tricky plays, and Lex-Kat is uncannily sneaky. Banjo claims he's out of practice, but he still probably coordinates a team just as well as he used to (he makes a great wolf and an even better mason). Others may disagree with my assessment though.

You'll notice I could have voted for FC for the tie, but, though he is dangerous as a wolf, he is a very useful asset as a villager as well and I prefer not to rush in to a lynch in his case.
    Most of this is true except all the stuff about me. I havn't done anything even remotely crazy this year
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ettin in the Playground

Count Dingdong, I mean. Really?

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    Most of this is true except all the stuff about me. I havn't done anything even remotely crazy this year
    And I am not even remotely uncanny. Fleeing Coward, as he is evil.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

To be fair, I was barely competent at any role even when I was in practice. Admittedly, I do make a fairly good wolf, due to generally not often being lynched without solid proof. I used to make a decent mason, mainly because I had a good eye for when players were acting contrary to their own staple in game behaviour, and what this might mean, but that's far less relevant now I know only 40%ish of the player base.

Just hope I'm not the seer, I have an incredible record of messing that role up every single time I've had it.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

20. - Top - End - #200
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    And I am not even remotely uncanny. Fleeing Coward, as he is evil.
    That is a staggering ratio of emoticons to words.

I think we're halfway through the day, could we have the votes tallied?

Unfortunately for my consistency as a voter, Lemon's lemon aid rationale was more than I could hope for, so I will move to Count Dingdong.
    Last edited by Meta; 2014-02-26 at 11:09 AM.
    Szilard has all of those sweet trophies for a reason. Awesome avatar is his handiwork.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Firbolg in the Playground

I really wanted to point at Ducck999, but DoctorWhooves is just too suspicious.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2014-02-26 at 10:39 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #202
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    Give it time...
    And the legend of zelda game was borderline this year already.

Doctorwhooves for actually starting relevant discussion (Better point to create pressure later, but day one. )
    Last edited by TFT; 2014-02-25 at 06:25 PM.
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Ah ah ah! Twenty-four, twenty-five, twenty-six hours left in the day! Ah ah ah! What votes do we have? Well, 26:40 or so, but who's counting?

DoctorWhooves - 4 (52.5 Lemons, Disc Lorde, Recaiden, The Fiery Tower)
    Fleeing Coward - 3 (Grue Bait, Cuthalion, Lex-Kat)
    Count Dingdong - 3 (Chessgeek, Fan, Meta)
    Grue Bait - 3 (Ramsus, Murska, Legato Endless)
    52.5 Lemons - 2 (LoP, Zjoot)
    Zjoot - 2 (ThePhantom, Thadria)
    Murska - 1 (BasketOfPuppies)
    Grnlshrimp - 1 (Zar Peter)
    LoP - 1 (Reinholdt)
    Meta - 1 (reaverb)
    Emerald Rose - 1 (Abhorsen)
    Zar Peter - 1 (Skippy)
    Dallas-Dakota - 1 (Duck999)
    Legato Endless - 1 (Fleeing Coward)
    Chessgeek - 1 (Count Dingdong)
    Thadria - 1 (Lord Herman)
    BasketOfPuppies - 1 (Nonayer)
    Lord Herman - 1 (banjo1985)
    banjo1985 - 1 (Dallas-Dakota)

No Vote - 13 (Jacklu, C'nor, Penguinator, Yumori123, Gnrlshrimp, EmeraldRose, DoctorWhooves, Diva De, Bunny of Faith, bladescape, BitterMelonFarm, Gray Mage, DarkLightDragon)

Meta needs to cross out his vote for 52.5 Lemons. ...and I'm popular! Yay! >.> Okay, I guess people don't like suspicious people. Fine. I can deal with that. But you know who else is suspicious? Fleeing Coward! I mean, he's already lied once this game! Who knows how many other times it's happened?!?!

((Yes, this means my tally is already out of date. There's now 4 votes for Fleeing Coward and 0 for Chessgeek. But hey. What can you do? ))

24. - Top - End - #204
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    I really wanted to point at Ducck999, but DoctorWhooves is just too suspicious.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiery Tower View Post
    Give it time...
    And the legend of zelda game was borderline this year already.

Doctorwhooves for actually starting relevant discussion (Better point to create pressure later, but day one. )

I would like to draw everyone's attention to these two votes. They're absolutely terrible.

The first says I'm suspicious, but gives no reason or citation as to what I'm doing that has caught their eye. It's basically a vote with an empty justification attached. The kind wolves love to make day one. Hard to trace, easy to bandwagon. Not even the first vote on me, so he wouldn't get blamed immediately when I flipped town.

The second is voting me for starting relevant discussion. I need not remind you all that the day is town's only weapon in the fight against wolves, and without relevant discussion early and often we go into night one blind.

Between the two, Recaiden is slightly worse and needs to die today. GG
    Last edited by DoctorWhooves; 2014-02-26 at 12:15 PM.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Firbolg in the Playground

I thought it was obvious that I was pointing at you for claiming to be invaluable to the town.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #206
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    I thought it was obvious that I was pointing at you for claiming to be invaluable to the town.
    Well you shouldn't assume that.

And I am invaluable to town. Both role-wise and, more importantly, skill wise. I find wolves and I devour them.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Out of curiosity, we have what, 43 players this game? Quite a large number, larger than any manageable game I've ever participated in personally.

By my estimations to be a balanced game that gives us something like 14-15 wolves to 28-29 town?

Is that correct around these parts?

28. - Top - End - #208
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

By my estimations, we'd have around 9-12 wolves, probably around 10-11. I'm used to seeing ~20-25% of the players as wolves, which would make 9-11, with the possibility of more wolves due to sheer number of players. 14-15 seems high.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Count Dingdong View Post
    By my estimations, we'd have around 9-12 wolves, probably around 10-11. I'm used to seeing ~20-25% of the players as wolves, which would make 9-11, with the possibility of more wolves due to sheer number of players. 14-15 seems high.
    That few? I'm used to 33% wolf ratios, with bonus night kills. In general, in games I've played, if town never blocks a kill they have 3 mislynches and then it's over.

Yikes.

I see almost no bonus kill powers for wolves either. Game just got easy for town.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

I guess I'm fine with that overall. Disappointed but fine.

More votes on Recaiden please he may as well have posted "I'm a wolf please lynch me"