New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OOC 44: To Be Continued...

Hey hatter, if you want the Crone's Claw and the VamPirates to meet, I'm good with it.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm thinking about writing Lazaro's backstory up, it'd make a good couple of shorts. That, or I could do a summary of how the campaign went.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Orc in the Playground

Pokity poke Ark to CR

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

4. - Top - End - #334

Arkhosia, TechnoScrabble and firedaemon33, you have posted about 13 pages in three days in Seaside all by your own.
    While this is a lot it's not in itself a bad thing, however it's starting to get hard finding anything in the thread as I have to look through a massive amount of pages each time.

We might have to look for alternative solutions, either we move or you do.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Arkhosia, TechnoScrabble and firedaemon33, you have posted about 13 pages in three days in Seaside all by your own.
    While this is a lot it's not in itself a bad thing, however it's starting to get hard finding anything in the thread as I have to look through a massive amount of pages each time.

We might have to look for alternative solutions, either we move or you do.
    Probably the Tire Geal stuff should have it's own thread. I've had marginal involvment Seaside compared to the other two, which was taking a Sylph to pick up his friends, and now this whole vampire stuff.

6. - Top - End - #336

Hmm... We can move the Tire Geal stuff to Srs plots?
    Just a thread for the Shimmering Isles, maybe?
    I dunno.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Hmm... We can move the Tire Geal stuff to Srs plots?
    Just a thread for the Shimmering Isles, maybe?
    I dunno.
    Making a thread for Shimmering Isles depends on how much will happen there. Will you be the only 2 posting with an occasional visitor. Seems like a thread shouldn't be made for just 2 people...
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Titan in the Playground

Damn you, Arkh, you've got me watching RWBY. Also, I might need to bump up Therlynn's power rating now that I've seen what Dust can do.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ok I finally got some time to get online and do some reading. To anyone that feels problems with Dark Lord and how durable, I'm sorry but I did spend a bit of time over the years on this forum working to make it hard to get rid of. Some of this was I didn't want it to die and have to come up with something new to play around with.

Another part while I feel that Dark Lord does play a use is that it helps keep the other characters of Amen alive. The amount of firepower, the the other factions of the NEXUS are enormous. If I recall correctly Revenant almost wiped it out. Watchtower's latest attack could have been a bit more damaging. The amount of magic and high tech on the heroes/"good guys" sides is enough to easily take on a country.

Now I'm sorry if it feels that you can't act against Amen but, you really can. Maybe not wipe it out because other people wouldn't like that, but you can fight. I know at least one time where Amen was attacked and it worked. (Namelly to get rid of Gorden's Lava Cannon.)

No one char no matter how powerful is the end all of things. There are people out there who play gods, mighty druids, scientists with vast robot armies. All this things are there.

Note about the army of greg's my first thing was going to be 300, but it didn't seem big enough to do anything worth while. And I read about FOOF and wanted to play with it a little. I did give ways so people would survive, and not much really change anything. I was and still might have Dark Lord go on a nice guy streak.

Still remember that just because most people om this forum likes the good guys to win, that the Bad guys need some stuff too, or it's no fun to play them because they can't do anything.

I hope this clears things up a bit.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by D_Lord View Post
    Ok I finally got some time to get online and do some reading. To anyone that feels problems with Dark Lord and how durable, I'm sorry but I did spend a bit of time over the years on this forum working to make it hard to get rid of. Some of this was I didn't want it to die and have to come up with something new to play around with.

Another part while I feel that Dark Lord does play a use is that it helps keep the other characters of Amen alive. The amount of firepower, the the other factions of the NEXUS are enormous. If I recall correctly Revenant almost wiped it out. Watchtower's latest attack could have been a bit more damaging. The amount of magic and high tech on the heroes/"good guys" sides is enough to easily take on a country.

Now I'm sorry if it feels that you can't act against Amen but, you really can. Maybe not wipe it out because other people wouldn't like that, but you can fight. I know at least one time where Amen was attacked and it worked. (Namelly to get rid of Gorden's Lava Cannon.)

No one char no matter how powerful is the end all of things. There are people out there who play gods, mighty druids, scientists with vast robot armies. All this things are there.

Note about the army of greg's my first thing was going to be 300, but it didn't seem big enough to do anything worth while. And I read about FOOF and wanted to play with it a little. I did give ways so people would survive, and not much really change anything. I was and still might have Dark Lord go on a nice guy streak.

Still remember that just because most people om this forum likes the good guys to win, that the Bad guys need some stuff too, or it's no fun to play them because they can't do anything.

I hope this clears things up a bit.
    Good, now that this is handled. Mind responding to the Rocket Punch Barrage combo?

I need to know how much more hot blood is needed for this encounter.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Orc in the Playground

I appreciate the clarification, and I do think AMEN probably does need something to keep them from being pasted against a wall by everyone they piss off, which is why I don't bring that up as much as I could. Mostly, my recent stuff is more an effort at trimming it down, OOC. (Though I have other ideas on how AMEN can manage that, those are pure hypotheticals.)

I figure that if it ends up resorting to its backups it's probably less likely to go out and attack, if someone proves they can, in fact, do something about it. Especially if that's merely one guy of many who might try something. Make it think twice and all. Plus it reduces offensive capability. If, for example, this is now the one that originally stayed in Inside, that means at least one place is much safer.

I mainly bring it up now since other things are feeding into it again. One thing isn't too terrible, and it's easy to distract, if nothing else, which I like. (As in, I've noticed that while it's as resilient and powerful as ever, it seems very easy to get to do what you want it to do. Eg. coming up to attack to allow for Plan Portalboom, the way the sun thing went, that sort of thing. Plus it's insane and doesn't do the most brutal thing every time, which is also good.) The problem comes when others on that level pile on, I think? When others go as far as trying to keep anyone from doing anything to it in the first place, and have no such other issues. The level of power it takes to do any lasting harm precludes much involvement from most, and that's why I'm slinging around as much as I am-no less will do much to it (as the last attack on AMEN demonstrated), and even a distraction against something that powerful can end extremely poorly.

If I might make a recommendation, take the opportunity of the portal-boom attack to let it learn some caution, maybe? I can't say I know a decent solution to all this, given it's an issue that's bounced around the OOC threads for years intermittently. I also want to say again that this isn't you alone here at all-I just think that I can't afford to keep doing this or I'm just going to make myself look terrible for all the stunts required to do much, you know?

It's already clear that the perception that that stuff I do in this situation is consistent is something that is developing, and I cannot continue with that. At least not without some time in between things to let the perception die off. That's simply for my own sake, because I don't feel like repeating the days where I had to defend myself over every little thing I did, and I can see it developing here again. I can't really do that again. I'll probably try to finish up this battle, and then not touch the matter for a while, let things settle without the need for constant insanity like the riftbomb thing.

Right now I'm just making myself look bad.
    Last edited by Darkcomet; 2014-02-13 at 08:19 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

12. - Top - End - #342

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Damn you, Arkh, you've got me watching RWBY. Also, I might need to bump up Therlynn's power rating now that I've seen what Dust can do.
    I am not Toph, I am MELON LORD!
    MWAHAHAHAHAHA!
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

13. - Top - End - #343
    Orc in the Playground

Deadtime now.

HappyTurtle, C'nor, it's your turn in Skyside.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

14. - Top - End - #344

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    As you arrive from your recently departed life, your first impression is of a cold, dark mist. As you wander through the mists, your fingers searching for something, anything to grasp on to, you hear a sound...

Ukuleles?
    "...I'm in Hell, aren't I?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

15. - Top - End - #345
    Pixie in the Playground

Bwaa haa ha!

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

I am not Toph, I am MELON LORD!
    MWAHAHAHAHAHA!
    The action scenes are just the best thing ever...And it's also hilarious

17. - Top - End - #347

The action scenes are just the best thing ever...And it's also hilarious
    Boop.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

18. - Top - End - #348
    Titan in the Playground

Boop.
    Just...everything about Joanne. Everything.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

You mean the one who according to the language the name comes from should be spelled 'Jean' but it isn't just to be annoying and difficult to type out?
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

20. - Top - End - #350

I'm going to presume you meant Jaune.
    Anyways...
    I've decided The Captain might be a little insane.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

21. - Top - End - #351
    Titan in the Playground

Anyways...
    Yes, on both fronts. And Noele is not happy about working for her.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ogre in the Playground

Anyways...
    So...undead, slightly crazed Captain controlling a ship full of undead Thralls. Are you sure we're not talking about Clegg?

23. - Top - End - #353
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    So...undead, slightly crazed Captain controlling a ship full of undead Thralls. Are you sure we're not talking about Clegg?
    I don't think Clegg has two PCs on his side, does he?

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't think Clegg has two PCs on his side, does he?
    Well, he has Chuckles, who is somewhere between a PC and an NPC. Since it's Aric's character I'd call it a side-PC. And at one point he had Daedra, so...sort of.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground

I think I'm gonna make Lazaro disgusted by the scars he got in his last fight and give him a thing for breaking mirrors. From what I understand, a hatred of mirrors is common amongst people afflicted with some forms of psychopathy and also with serial killers. It'll also mesh well with him growing upset with himself for not living up to his action hero idols.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Halfling in the Playground

Chuckles is fully controllable by Hatter, I just give him life. Or, unlife.

Also to, all who complain about using mobile devices.
    I have been making 90% of my posts from my android smartphone. Including the long ones that have dialogue-action-dialogue.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

27. - Top - End - #357
    Titan in the Playground

I have to ask, what's the IC point of KINDER? The way things seem to be going, all it's going to do is cause a massive war between new godlings. Which, while apocaplots are hilarious and all, seems like a really bad idea.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Yeah... the similarities are kinda.... yeah...

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

I have to ask, what's the IC point of KINDER? The way things seem to be going, all it's going to do is cause a massive war between new godlings. Which, while apocaplots are hilarious and all, seems like a really bad idea.
    IC? It seems like what you said. Though it could be to gather an army of pyromancers... or something.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    IC? It seems like what you said. Though it could be to gather an army of pyromancers... or something.
    I'm almost entirely sure pyromancy is only one of several things to be taught.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show