New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Teddy does a Tour de Friends

Hey Teddy, if you make it into California you can definitely come up here. My grandma and I certainly wouldn't mind giving you a place to stay. That said I'm a little bit out of the way as far as California cities go, but if you can make it I'll be glad to show you around! I'd prefer to send the info for where I am in PM if such is possible, since I still have internet paranoia issues. Either way I hope you have fun on this trip of yours, and of course I hope that it works out well!
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    Hey Teddy, if you make it into California you can definitely come up here. My grandma and I certainly wouldn't mind giving you a place to stay. That said I'm a little bit out of the way as far as California cities go, but if you can make it I'll be glad to show you around! I'd prefer to send the info for where I am in PM if such is possible, since I still have internet paranoia issues. Either way I hope you have fun on this trip of yours, and of course I hope that it works out well!
    You're still closer than some of the skips I have to make to get to California, and I'll gladly visit you on my trip!

And yes, a PM with your town would be nice so I can put you down on my map. In fact, this extends to everyone who hasn't written their location here or under their avatar (or otherwise spelled it out for me). Please send me a PM with your location so I can put it on my planning map!
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    In fact, this extends to everyone who hasn't written their location here or under their avatar (or otherwise spelled it out for me). Please send me a PM with your location so I can put it on my planning map!
    Location incoming...

So, my housing situation currently stands at most likely, although whether or not I'll actually be here to offer you space is another thing entirely. The later in August (up until my classes start, anyway), the more likely I'll be in town and not working.
    A few odds and ends.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Now back from my Easter holiday, it's time for me to actually work out a solid schedule for this trip. Due to the many locations, this trip is kind of tricky to plan for on my own and I intend to contact a professional on a travel agency about this to help me out (they provide this service). First, however, I need to know for about how long I'll be able to stay in each place. I'm probably going to arrive on the east coast of the US on Tuesday the 8th or Wednesday the 9th in the second week of July, and won't have to go home until the end of August, so I've got pretty much one and a half month to go wild and crazy with.

So, now I need you to tell me how many days you think it'll be fun or appropriate to have me around. Anything between 1 to 3 full days (I'm not counting travel days due to the unpredictability of flight times) sounds like it should be normal to me, but if you think you can entertain me for long enough, feel free to say forever (even though I'll probably cut it short of that to fit it into my schedule ).

Also, if there's anyone on the east coast who won't be able to meet me in the second week of July, please tell me so I can account for it in my schedule (in fact, this extends to anyone who has a time which won't work).

Also also, if anyone of you only can house me for one night, be sure to tell so as well, since that makes the flight times a little more important (wouldn't want to land late in the evening and have to take off again early morning).

Also also also, if any of you people who live relatively close together are interested in making a sort of mini-meetup of this, I'm happily open to the idea.

And finally, if there's anyone more who's interested in having me over, it's not too late to chime in on interest yet!

Show

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

so I've got pretty much one and a half month to go wild and crazy with.
    Bwahah, I just imagined you running shirtless on the streets shouting "MARDI GRAAAAAAS!!!".

I take it your travels start from the UKitp meet up?
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Are you going to visit the wbest coast?

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    Bwahah, I just imagined you running shirtless on the streets shouting "MARDI GRAAAAAAS!!!".

But the Fat Tuesday is already well into the past! I mean, even the whole semla season is over now...

I take it your travels start from the UKitp meet up?
    Yes! I'll probably do some sillying about in the London-Oxford area before and after it as well, but yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Are you going to visit the wbest coast?
    We'll see, it might mess a bit with my plans if I end up going with Star Alliance (i.e. around the world), since I think they force you to finish where you started, but otherwise I might drop by before the UKitP meetup at the very start of July.

Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

Should you come near Philadelphia, I'm definitely willing to meet up, and pretty much golden on you crashing if you'd like. I just have to run it by my new roommate (I'm moving in 2 weeks).

I do work weekdays, till 3PM EST, so we'd have to figure things out, but yeah. Keep me in the loop!
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2014-04-22 at 01:10 PM.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Should you come near Philadelphia, I'm definitely willing to meet up, and pretty much golden on you crashing if you'd like. I just have to run it by my new roommate (I'm moving in 2 weeks).

I do work weekdays, till 3PM EST, so we'd have to figure things out, but yeah. Keep me in the loop!
    Of course! And I'll try to see if I can write you down on a weekend, then!

And make sure you chime back in when you've asked your roommate!

In other news, I've now aquired the certificate needed to waive the visa requirements for entering the US (Canada doesn't require one from me to start with), and pinned down where to get a visa for Australia if I decide to go all the way around. Just so you know I'm actually working on this!

Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Yes! I'll probably do some sillying about in the London-Oxford area before and after it as well, but yes!
    You know the meetup's in Glasgow, 350 miles from Oxford, right?

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    You know the meetup's in Glasgow, 350 miles from Oxford, right?
    Yes, I know. This is all to meet up with another person.

Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Dear Teddiferousness -- should your peregrinations extend to these Prairies, you are welcome to visit for a few days as your schedule allows. The only injunction is this: that I, myself, shall be sillying around New France in Julii until the 18th or 19th. Any time after I return is appropriate, and then the garden will be bustling with crunchables and flowers and bees.

I do not envy the logistical project before you, but I do envy the adventures that will spring from it. Happy planning.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Hey Teddy, should you be able to make it over to the west coast my grandma and I have no problem with you staying here for a bit. I'd probably advise just 1 or 2 days though, since you have a lot of travelling I would suspect. Plus I do not know if there is enough in my area to show for 3 days of entertaining. I hope your trip is very fun either way though!
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    Hey Teddy, should you be able to make it over to the west coast my grandma and I have no problem with you staying here for a bit. I'd probably advise just 1 or 2 days though, since you have a lot of travelling I would suspect. Plus I do not know if there is enough in my area to show for 3 days of entertaining. I hope your trip is very fun either way though!
    Hey!

Don't worry about my schedule, I won't risk to plan for longer than alotted!

I do have some news, though! I did a preliminary check through Star Alliance's booking system, and though it was a bit tricky to fit the trip through their booking system (they have a restriction on the maximum number of flights), I found out that it'll be a lot more affordable than I'd expected. Once this weekend has passed, I'll contact a travel agency and hear what support they can give me with the planning, and if they've can work through Star Alliance as well...

Show

15. - Top - End - #45
    Bugbear in the Playground

This is a slightly unrelated little aside, but I think it really says a lot (of good things) about the GiantitP community that things like this are possible
    : THOG NOW SCHRÖDINGER's ORC!
    Quote Originally Posted by skim172 View Post
    If you ever see Hitler riding a T-Rex in your direction - you, my friend, are a very unlucky person.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    "Ooh. Did you bring a biology textbook with you? No? Sorry, nothing personal." And then I dissect them.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

So, I sent out a bunch of PMs to the involved, so I can put up a true schedule and actually make this thing happen...

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
    This is a slightly unrelated little aside, but I think it really says a lot (of good things) about the GiantitP community that things like this are possible
    Agreed!

Show

17. - Top - End - #47

So, I sent out a bunch of PMs to the involved, so I can put up a true schedule and actually make this thing happen...

Agreed!
    Hope you have fun! Sorry I couldn't be part of this. You best keep good care of Teddy, other people! He's my friend

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
    Actually, trips like these have happened for ages, where people couch surf their way through foreign lands based on online communities.
    I know I did just that back in 1998, where I did a tour of the south of the US, meeting online friends and hanging out. Was very excellent.

That's not to take anything away from the GitP community, though. Just saying that it's not exclusive to this community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy
    Thanks KuReshtin, Chief Nerd-Hurder of the UKitP Clan.
    KuReshtin too, because he's awesome and a Swede, and therefore double awesome.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

Teddy, I don't mind you posting the schedule here. I've got a few numbers to crunch with regard to your PM. I won't be able to take any time off due to the wedding in October, but I do have weekends off, so we could potentially line things up that way.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Hope you have fun! Sorry I couldn't be part of this. You best keep good care of Teddy, other people! He's my friend
    Will you pay a ransom for him?

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Teddy, I don't mind you posting the schedule here. I've got a few numbers to crunch with regard to your PM. I won't be able to take any time off due to the wedding in October, but I do have weekends off, so we could potentially line things up that way.
    Don't worry, I'm keeping this in mind and will make sure to time a weekend. Would staying the entire weekend, including Friday and Sunday nights be okay with you?

Now I'm just waiting for two more PMs before I can set my schedule...

Show

22. - Top - End - #52

Will you pay a ransom for him?
    Unfortunately no because that'd mean he'd have to come up here to stay with me which, as said, I cannot doooo :<

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Unfortunately no because that'd mean he'd have to come up here to stay with me which, as said, I cannot doooo :<
    I'll mail him to you.

― Tim Fargo

24. - Top - End - #54

I'll mail him to you.
    I think you missunderstand. Even if you did that I'd have to send him back

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

What if I just mail his head?

― Tim Fargo

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

This is sounding very grim. Very grim indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't think she's got the diamonds on hand for that - and even if she did, you'd be down an imp.
    A few odds and ends.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

This is sounding very grim. Very grim indeed.
    I'll call it Heady Teddy. See, much jollier!!!

― Tim Fargo

29. - Top - End - #59

Hahaha, no! Friend's don't kill friends

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

Hahaha, no! Friend's don't kill friends
    Oh man, I've been doing it wrong all these years?
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."