New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Teddy does a Tour de Friends

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Teddy, if you go east, I can easily take you on for another day, which'll give us some more time to explore. Either way works for me though. (A warning, the 25th is my dad's birthday, and while we 'd be totally happy to have you there, if that would make you feel awkward, you should keep that in mind.
    My birthday is also the 25th!
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Are you MoonCat's Dad?

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

3. - Top - End - #93
    Colossus in the Playground

I think the weather in Brisbane is nicer in August. No opinions otherwise.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Teddy, if you're coming down in two weeks then the time has come for us to talk of many things. PM me.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Teddy, if you're coming down in two weeks then the time has come for us to talk of many things. PM me.
    Sorry, but I'm kind of waiting for a few more responses (especially one, and that person has been contacted) before I pick my travel route, and I won't book any train tickets before I've picked my route, so I can't really answer questions about when I'll arrive yet. Again, sorry.

If nothing happens in the next two or so days, I'm going to pick one path and book it according to schedule whether it works with people or not, though. Then I'll be able to tell, but I'll also have to depend on the hope that people haven't run into unexpected circumstances rendering them unavailable...

EDIT:
    Due to this friday being Midsummer Eve, I've decided to book the tickets tomorrow. In other words, this is a last call to request additional days or affect the picking process.
    Last edited by Teddy; 2014-06-18 at 01:49 PM.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

So, after a little bit of trouble with the online booking system, I finally got my tickets booked yesterday (it involved an international call, so I was a little too exhausted to write about it directly afterwards). Due to one flight running out, I had to prolong my stay in Australia by one day, so if anyone of my mates down under wants to claim it, just ask! As I said earlier, I'm not demanding very much, so don't worry too much about not finding any activities for me. The hanging out is what I look the most forward to!

Spoiler: Flight schedule, plus some additional details
    Show
    Name Date of Arrival Arrival Information Date of Departure Departure Information
    Asta Kask 1 July Will arrive by train 3 July Flight departing 16:35.
    CurlyKitGirl 3 July Flight arriving 17:40. 4 July Transportation within UK not yet booked. Transportation and hotel stay should probably be coordinated.
    UKitP 4 July Transportation within UK not yet booked. 7 July Transportation within UK not yet booked.
    CurlyKitGirl 7 July Transportation within UK not yet booked. Transportation and hotel stay should probably be coordinated. 9 July Flight departing 12:05.
    DraPrime 9 July Flight arriving 15:10 at Newark Airport, NY. Has not yet booked any transportation from it. 11 July
    TheWombatOfDoom 11 July Will probably arrive by train from Boston. Has not booked yet. 14 July Flight departs from Newark 17:08. Has not yet booked any transportation to it.
    Dimonite 14 July Flight arrives to Minneapolis 19:12. Has not yet booked any transportation from it. 19 July Flight departs from Minneapolis 15:35. Has not yet booked any transportation to it.
    Kneenibble 19 July Flight arrives 20:01. 22 July Flight departs 13:00.
    MoonCat 22 July Flight arrives 17:39. 27 July Flight departs 11:45.
    Haluesen 27 July Flight arrives to Bakersfield 17:56. 31 July Flight departs from Bakersfield 19:00.
    Skeppio 2 August Flight arrives 09:45. Hotel not yet booked, if you have any tips or ideas of what locations I should strive to stay close to, please tell. 3 August Transportation within Australia not yet booked.
    Serpentine 3 August Transportation within Australia not yet booked. 7 August Transportation within Australia not yet booked.
    chaotic stupid 8 August Transportation within Australia not yet booked. Date disparity caused by one excess stay date in need of allocation. Hotel not yet booked, if you have any tips or ideas of what locations I should strive to stay close to, please tell. 9 August Flight departs from Sydney at 06:40. Has not yet booked any transportation to it.

(The table will become more readable once the formatting bug has been fixed, and I may do some additional formatting to make the colums take up a more sensical amount of space. )

My current priorities lie in making a packing list, transfering money from my savings account and booking the transportations and stay at the first steps of the Tour, but feel free to contact me about anything. My inbox is a little full, but I'll start clearing it soon...

Show

7. - Top - End - #97

If Chaotic Stupid's in Sydney, I think it might be worth allocating your spare day there if you can.
    If you're coming up from Melbourne to Brisbane you'll probably be wanting to fly (unless you're prepared for a loooooooong train trip). A heads up, though: getting home from the airport is pure bastardry. With luck I'll find someone to give us a lift.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    If Chaotic Stupid's in Sydney, I think it might be worth allocating your spare day there if you can.
    If you're coming up from Melbourne to Brisbane you'll probably be wanting to fly (unless you're prepared for a loooooooong train trip). A heads up, though: getting home from the airport is pure bastardry. With luck I'll find someone to give us a lift.
    i live in newcastle, about 2 hours from sydney
    elemental avatar by kaariane

extended signature

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

Teddy! Tedy! Can you do me a favour for when you get to Scotland?
    Can you bring a bag or two of Turkisk Peppar? Only if you've got space for it, which I understand will be at a premium since you'll be on a round the world trip and all, but still. Thought I'd ask.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy
    Thanks KuReshtin, Chief Nerd-Hurder of the UKitP Clan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    KuReshtin too, because he's awesome and a Swede, and therefore double awesome.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    Teddy! Tedy! Can you do me a favour for when you get to Scotland?
    Can you bring a bag or two of Turkisk Peppar? Only if you've got space for it, which I understand will be at a premium since you'll be on a round the world trip and all, but still. Thought I'd ask.

Thanks.
    I'll look into it!

Show

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Here's how you'll recognize Teddy.

(I'm watching the snail while he's gone, because he can't bring it into Australia)

― Tim Fargo

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

That must be from something, but to me it looks like a cross between a teddy and a Gatherer from Amnesia: The Dark Descent. I can't imagine Teddifer being that creepy.

Winston has OK'd your schedule, Teddifer. You are cleared to land. Pray that you land more clearly than he, which usually happens after colliding with a window.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

So, after a little bit of trouble with the online booking system, I finally got my tickets booked yesterday (it involved an international call, so I was a little too exhausted to write about it directly afterwards). Due to one flight running out, I had to prolong my stay in Australia by one day, so if anyone of my mates down under wants to claim it, just ask! As I said earlier, I'm not demanding very much, so don't worry too much about not finding any activities for me. The hanging out is what I look the most forward to!

Spoiler: Flight schedule, plus some additional details
    Show
    Name Date of Arrival Arrival Information Date of Departure Departure Information
    Asta Kask 1 July Will arrive by train 3 July Flight departing 16:35.
    CurlyKitGirl 3 July Flight arriving 17:40. 4 July Transportation within UK not yet booked. Transportation and hotel stay should probably be coordinated.
    UKitP 4 July Transportation within UK not yet booked. 7 July Transportation within UK not yet booked.
    CurlyKitGirl 7 July Transportation within UK not yet booked. Transportation and hotel stay should probably be coordinated. 9 July Flight departing 12:05.
    DraPrime 9 July Flight arriving 15:10 at Newark Airport, NY. Has not yet booked any transportation from it. 11 July
    TheWombatOfDoom 11 July Will probably arrive by train from Boston. Has not booked yet. 14 July Flight departs from Newark 17:08. Has not yet booked any transportation to it.
    Dimonite 14 July Flight arrives to Minneapolis 19:12. Has not yet booked any transportation from it. 19 July Flight departs from Minneapolis 15:35. Has not yet booked any transportation to it.
    Kneenibble 19 July Flight arrives 20:01. 22 July Flight departs 13:00.
    MoonCat 22 July Flight arrives 17:39. 27 July Flight departs 11:45.
    Haluesen 27 July Flight arrives to Bakersfield 17:56. 31 July Flight departs from Bakersfield 19:00.
    Skeppio 2 August Flight arrives 09:45. Hotel not yet booked, if you have any tips or ideas of what locations I should strive to stay close to, please tell. 3 August Transportation within Australia not yet booked.
    Serpentine 3 August Transportation within Australia not yet booked. 7 August Transportation within Australia not yet booked.
    chaotic stupid 8 August Transportation within Australia not yet booked. Date disparity caused by one excess stay date in need of allocation. Hotel not yet booked, if you have any tips or ideas of what locations I should strive to stay close to, please tell. 9 August Flight departs from Sydney at 06:40. Has not yet booked any transportation to it.

(The table will become more readable once the formatting bug has been fixed, and I may do some additional formatting to make the colums take up a more sensical amount of space. )

My current priorities lie in making a packing list, transfering money from my savings account and booking the transportations and stay at the first steps of the Tour, but feel free to contact me about anything. My inbox is a little full, but I'll start clearing it soon...
    Very well Teddy, I shall keep these dates in mind. I hope you have much fun all over the world!
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    That must be from something, but to me it looks like a cross between a teddy and a Gatherer from Amnesia: The Dark Descent. I can't imagine Teddifer being that creepy.
    Actually it's from an old Swedish children TV show. Say hello to "Björne".

― Tim Fargo

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Actually it's from an old Swedish children TV show. Say hello to "Björne".
    ...That's from a children's show?!
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    That's tame compared to some of the children's shows we've had in Sweden throughout the years.
    We've had kid's shows about a boy who didn't want to eat his pancake for lunch, and instead started fantasizing about things and people who might live in and on the pancake, including 'The Big Potato' (pic spoilered due to possible mental scarring).
    Spoiler: Storpotäten - 'The Big Potato'
    Show

The same guy who did that also had another series about a sock and his sister, living in a drawer, called 'Lillstrumpa och Syster Yster' ('Little Sock and Sister Skittish').

Spoiler: Lillstrumpa och Syster Yster
    Show
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yes stay far away from Vilse i pannkakan (Lost in the pancake) big potato used to scare the crap out of me but in my defense I was only little then.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw95KIRAwrg
    Errare humanum est
    Live long and Prosper
    May the force be with you

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

We live in a harsh climate. Teaching our kids to endure horrors is our only hope for survival.

― Tim Fargo

19. - Top - End - #109
    Firbolg in the Playground

Scandinavia is a freaky place.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

20. - Top - End - #110

BlackDragon

Didn't see what was so scary about it, myself...but then, I grew up watching children's TV which was populated by talking skulls, bearded dungeon masters and jester ghosts. (That's Trapdoor, Knightmare and Rentaghost, in case anyone was wondering... ).

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

I think most can agree that children's shows used to be pretty weird. Although Björnes Magasin (as the show was called) isn't that bad, the picture Asta posted just failed spectacularly at the ligthing. He mostly walks about his house doing mundane task while talking to his friends (which are toy animals which may or may not be alive ) and telling stories, interspersed with shorter programs, usually 5-minute cartoons. Sometimes he has guests too.
    I'm not doing its lack of weirdness any favour, am I?

Also, I'd better post this here as well:
    I don't eat mushrooms. I dislike cheese in cooking too, but I can eat it if there are no alternatives. I like most cheese-y food from which the cheese has been taken out of the recipe, though, even when everyone insists that the cheese is the "point" of the dish (for example pies and lasagna), so here in my family we have the habit to leave a corner or side of such dishes free of cheese for me to eat.
    Also also, for anyone wondering what my budget actually allows in terms of activites, don't worry about i. My policy for this trip is to have fun and not think too much about the money. I won't mind if I'll have to cut deep into my savings, because my savings are there because I've minded too much, honestly.

And on the topic of activities, anything goes if it's with good company. I'll gladly spend a full days playing games or exploring the neighbourhood, but if you want some inspiration to narrow down the alternatives, I do have nature and technology on the top of my list of interesting topics...

Show

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Actually that does help with planning stuff for when you make it here. Duly noted Teddy. Got plenty for nature around here, that much is for sure.

Plus I have been trying to save money for when you make it here but that isn't going great...but in truth there is not a lot around the valley that will take much money, so I think with everything else you've mentioned that works out well.

Have very much fun! Make great memories on your trip Teddy!
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    Actually that does help with planning stuff for when you make it here. Duly noted Teddy. Got plenty for nature around here, that much is for sure.
    i have an X KM^2 nature reserve literally a 40 second walk down the street from my house where X is an unknown number, probably less than five

extended signature

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

The question is...have you ever played Frisbee golf?

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Frisbee Golf is AWESOME!!
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    Frisbee Golf is AWESOME!!
    This I know. And there happens to be a nice one nearby...

World Building Projects:
    Magic

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

remember that nature reserve i mentioned?

it's got a 1.x km bike track
    two playgrounds
    a 'forest' (we call it the bush)
    a frisbee golf course
    a cricket grounds (it's used for other things too
    and some australian birds love to hang out around there, i've seen some kookaburra's on the cricket ground fence

extended signature

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

I have played a little of it, but I can't claim I ever was very good. They built a frisbee golf course in the forest behind our local grade 0-6 school just as I left it, and we had only had one single basket for the last few years before that...

Show

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

So I just realized my sister gave me tickets to a baseball game on the 12th...which I'd completely forgotten about. I'm going to see if that's correct information, but I could potentially be seeing what I can do to give them to someone else...if not taking you with me. First question - would you be interested in going to a game?

World Building Projects:
    Magic

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

Say yes say yes say yes.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."