New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Banned

Default Re: Teddy does a Tour de Friends

August 9th is fine for me, that should be no trouble.

I really hope you get all your stuff back.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Here's to hope.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

I think next weekend would be okay, but let me check with my roommate and my fiancee. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Edit: One issue I forsee firstly - I'm working a 16 hour shift the 18th, and would get off at 11PM that night...which is a problem.
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2014-07-08 at 06:36 AM.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Just note that there's no guarantee that I'll even be able to rebook my flights, and even if I can, I'll have to sort out the lodging as well, because I don't think it's very polite to ask of Strawberries to house me for a full week more.

I'll try to delay my next flight one day at least to sort myself out (sorry DP), but since it's within 24 hours, that's far from guaranteed to work either. Otherwise I'll probably have to buy some new, cheap clothes in Boston. And a bag...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Just note that there's no guarantee that I'll even be able to rebook my flights, and even if I can, I'll have to sort out the lodging as well, because I don't think it's very polite to ask of Strawberries to house me for a full week more.

I'll try to delay my next flight one day at least to sort myself out (sorry DP), but since it's within 24 hours, that's far from guaranteed to work either. Otherwise I'll probably have to buy some new, cheap clothes in Boston. And a bag...
    If you can hold out until Philadelphia, I have a bag and clothes you can have forever here for you. At least in the shirts and possibly more, if we are similar sizes. I aim to de-stress you as much as possible...so let me know what I can do.

Could you rebook and fly down to your bag, and then fly out from there? It might be more expensive, but it would be the least abrasive, which might be something you need right now.
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2014-07-08 at 07:16 AM.

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic

6. - Top - End - #156
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Could you rebook and fly down to your bag, and then fly out from there? It might be more expensive, but it would be the least abrasive, which might be something you need right now.
    The flights to the US will not leave from Bristol, even if he could rebook the flights. So, while a good shout as to checking the possibility, it won't really work as bristol don't (to my knowledge) have any international flights to the US, since it's in pretty close(-ish) proximity to London.

Teddy, my advice to you are two simple words. however, the implementation of those words may not be as simple as the words themselves.

DON'T PANIC!

Remember that even if this bag that has been lost contains clothes that you like they are, in the end, only clothes. You said that you'd packed your favourite clothes for the trip, and it's understandable that they have great emotional value to you, but in the end, they're just clothes. They are replaceable. Toiletries, mobile phone chargers, clothes and the like can be replaced. it sucks to have to do so, but it's not the end of the world.
    You have voiced the issue on the forums, and the forumites have a tendency to get things sorted.
    If the bag has been shipped to Bristol, check with lesser_minion if he can potentially pick it up from their depot once you get confirmation that it's there.
    After that, the organising of it's return to you, either by sending it to someone further along on your trip schedule, or back to your parents (or friends) in Sweden can be sorted out.

Hell, when I did my Tour of the US back in the day, I managed to lose both my passport, my tickets and my list of contact numbers that I had in the US. At that point, I was stranded, late at night, at Newark Airport, with no way of contacting the friend I was supposed to stay with (this was in the days well before smart phones were a thing, so no portable interwebs for me), but I took a step back from the situation, reevaluated, and then moved on.
    Booked myself into a hotel for the night, and then started sorting things the next morning.
    Things have a way of sorting themselves.

I can totally understand the wish to have things planned out in advance and not wanting to deviate too much from the planned schedule, but things will be ok. Try not to overthink things or see only the inconveniences that have been caused. Try, instead, to see the possibilities of what you can do to make this into a part of your story of the trip when you get back.

You'll do fine.
    Last edited by KuReshtin; 2014-07-08 at 07:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy
    Thanks KuReshtin, Chief Nerd-Hurder of the UKitP Clan.
    KuReshtin too, because he's awesome and a Swede, and therefore double awesome.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    The flights to the US will not leave from Bristol, even if he could rebook the flights. So, while a good shout as to checking the possibility, it won't really work as bristol don't (to my knowledge) have any international flights to the US, since it's in pretty close(-ish) proximity to London.

Teddy, my advice to you are two simple words. however, the implementation of those words may not be as simple as the words themselves.

DON'T PANIC!

Remember that even if this bag that has been lost contains clothes that you like they are, in the end, only clothes. You said that you'd packed your favourite clothes for the trip, and it's understandable that they have great emotional value to you, but in the end, they're just clothes. They are replaceable. Toiletries, mobile phone chargers, clothes and the like can be replaced. it sucks to have to do so, but it's not the end of the world.
    You have voiced the issue on the forums, and the forumites have a tendency to get things sorted.
    If the bag has been shipped to Bristol, check with lesser_minion if he can potentially pick it up from their depot once you get confirmation that it's there.
    After that, the organising of it's return to you, either by sending it to someone further along on your trip schedule, or back to your parents (or friends) in Sweden can be sorted out.

Hell, when I did my Tour of the US back in the day, I managed to lose both my passport, my tickets and my list of contact numbers that I had in the US. At that point, I was stranded, late at night, at Newark Airport, with no way of contacting the friend I was supposed to stay with (this was in the days well before smart phones were a thing, so no portable interwebs for me), but I took a step back from the situation, reevaluated, and then moved on.
    Booked myself into a hotel for the night, and then started sorting things the next morning.
    Things have a way of sorting themselves.

I can totally understand the wish to have things planned out in advance and not wanting to deviate too much from the planned schedule, but things will be ok. Try not to overthink things or see only the inconveniences that have been caused. Try, instead, to see the possibilities of what you can do to make this into a part of your story of the trip when you get back.

You'll do fine.
    lesser_minion lives in/around Bristol? Okay, that's good, because then I can sort it out on an any-free-time-within-30-days basis instead of an all-time-irregardless-within-30-days, and that definitely makes things easier for me. I'll PM him.

And after a while of breathing (okay, I haven't actually been breathing, just panicking), I've realised that I'm probably going to harm myself more than help by rebooking anything, so I guess I'll just do what I hate the most and improvise. I guess I might learn something valuable from it...

Show

8. - Top - End - #158
    Colossus in the Playground

Yep, gotta get your panic out before you can start looking at the solutions. And you've got 'em :) If you've got your wallet, your phone and the documents you need for travelling (especially your passport), everything else can be replaced (and in a real pinch those could be too).
    Hopefully your bag will turn up (I'll try and send some of the excellent luck I had overseas your way), and in the meantime don't be afraid to let people know what you need help with.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

You will eventually gaze back on these days through the hard clear lens of experience, a more resilient and bendy man for having been twisted in this way.

In the mean time, however, here are several budgies bathing with a leaf of lettuce.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm in the Boston area and I am about 90% sure that I have a good-sized rolling suitcase you could have. I will double-check when I get home to make sure it's still in working order (I haven't used it in over a year), but please get in touch if you think you would need it. You can contact me at my GITP username @outlook.com, that will go to my phone so I'll get it quicker than a PM here.

I'm not sure what else I can offer to ease your travel woes, but if there's something you need when you're here I'm happy to help if I can.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    In the mean time, however, here are several budgies bathing with a leaf of lettuce.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I guess that's one way of adding flavor to lettuce.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, this is things I should've done earlier today, but I can't procrastinate handing out information forever...

Spoiler: Train times - Boston and Philadelphia
    Show
    I'll arrive to Boston South Station at 22:10 tomorrow (9th July), and will probably use whatever transportation there is to get to my hotel in Burlington. I'll improvise, the time has run out for me to actually plan anything...

My train from Boston departs at 9th July 11:15, and arrives to Philadelphia 30th Street Station at 4:52

My train from Philadelphia departs at 14th July 9:18.

Also, I will have to sort out how to do the trip back and forth between Minneapolis and Rochester. And Australia has been lobbed waaay over into the corner of "whenever I have time"...

And I will definitely have to do some shopping once I get to Boston...

Now I should probably sleep. 4 hours sounds utterly wonderful...

Quote Originally Posted by SarahV View Post
    I'm in the Boston area and I am about 90% sure that I have a good-sized rolling suitcase you could have. I will double-check when I get home to make sure it's still in working order (I haven't used it in over a year), but please get in touch if you think you would need it. You can contact me at my GITP username @outlook.com, that will go to my phone so I'll get it quicker than a PM here.

I'm not sure what else I can offer to ease your travel woes, but if there's something you need when you're here I'm happy to help if I can.
    This... This is awesome. Thank you very much! I'll make sure to email you to iron out the details once I've set myself up at the hotel.

Show

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay, this is things I should've done earlier today, but I can't procrastinate handing out information forever...

Show
    I'll arrive to Boston South Station at 22:10 tomorrow (9th July), and will probably use whatever transportation there is to get to my hotel in Burlington. I'll improvise, the time has run out for me to actually plan anything...

My train from Boston departs at 9th July 11:15, and arrives to Philadelphia 30th Street Station at 4:52

Also, I will have to sort out how to do the trip back and forth between Minneapolis and Rochester. And Australia has been lobbed waaay over into the corner of "whenever I have time"...

And I will definitely have to do some shopping once I get to Boston...

Now I should probably sleep. 4 hours sounds utterly wonderful...

This... This is awesome. Thank you very much! I'll make sure to email you to iron out the details once I've set myself up at the hotel.
    Wait, aren't you coming to Philadelphia on friday the 11th? Please tell me I didn't miss something...

World Building Projects:
    Magic

14. - Top - End - #164
    Firbolg in the Playground

Show

Teddy, if you're staying in Burlington then I definitely should pick you up at South Station. It's possible to get there from South Station, but it'll be really difficult for someone who isn't local, especially late at night. I'll send you a PM with a bit more information.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DraPrime View Post
    Teddy, if you're staying in Burlington then I definitely should pick you up at South Station. It's possible to get there from South Station, but it'll be really difficult for someone who isn't local, especially late at night. I'll send you a PM with a bit more information.
    Aw man, now I miss Boston. Best city I know of, imo.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

16. - Top - End - #166
    Dwarf in the Playground

OK! I have concert tickets tomorrow night so I don't think I could meet you at the train station with it. But we can work something out in the next couple of days, I'm sure.

Also, I double-checked the suitcase, made sure there was nothing weird lurking in the little pockets, etc., and everything is in good shape aside from being slightly dusty from disuse You're doing me a favor really, I am moving to an apartment half the size of my current one in about 6 weeks and I'm desperately trying to get rid of half my belongings. Let me know if you need anything else like, I dunno, a coffee table. Or a piano. Perhaps a few hundred books to read on your trip? Your very own television? No?

Quote Originally Posted by DraPrime View Post
    I would encourage you to take this offer of a ride. It would be a long, multi-leg trip and I'm not sure the bus you'd need runs that late. My brother lives in the next town over from Burlington; often we will meet in the middle at Alewife Station, which is easy to get to on the subway and cuts his drive time in half.
    Last edited by SarahV; 2014-07-08 at 11:25 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

OK! I have concert tickets tomorrow night so I don't think I could meet you at the train station with it. But we can work something out in the next couple of days, I'm sure.

Also, I double-checked the suitcase, made sure there was nothing weird lurking in the little pockets, etc., and everything is in good shape aside from being slightly dusty from disuse You're doing me a favor really, I am moving to an apartment half the size of my current one in about 6 weeks and I'm desperately trying to get rid of half my belongings. Let me know if you need anything else like, I dunno, a coffee table. Or a piano. Perhaps a few hundred books to read on your trip? Your very own television? No?

I would encourage you to take this offer of a ride. It would be a long, multi-leg trip and I'm not sure the bus you'd need runs that late. My brother lives in the next town over from Burlington; often we will meet in the middle at Alewife Station, which is easy to get to on the subway and cuts his drive time in half.
    This is great! If things don't work out on that end, I have a few duffles, and i only need one, and I have plenty of extra clothing to outfit you with Teddy. Hopefully we're similar sizes, but if not there's plenty nearby that we can look into. Various other things I can restock you in as well.

And SarahV, if you're looking to unload books, I'm your man.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

i would have offered to take some books, but i'm all the way down here in australia
    elemental avatar by kaariane

extended signature

19. - Top - End - #169
    Dwarf in the Playground

You can have as many books as you can convince Teddy to carry to Philadelphia

I don't have a car, so I'm pretty much limited to "anything you can carry out, you can keep"...

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Awww poor Teddy! I was just able to catch up on everything today and oh dear. I hope you are able to facilitate the return of your bag in some way soon, and until then I hope your hosts are able to help you feel calm and relaxed again. If the plans do end up changing (though it seems they are not by much, I think...) just let me know, I should still be able to accommodate you.

If you did not already have plans pretty set I would offer you another day to stay just for resting and recuperating before departing to your next locale. That said, life around here is generally pretty mellow and easy-going, so you should be able to rest well enough I hope. But prepare for the warm weather! It is very hot around here right now and looks to stay that way for another couple months. I'm sure most of the States suffer from great heat right now, but still I feel it is best to warn you anyway.
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

It feels like forever since I said goodbye to Strawberries and left for the airport to fly to the States. That might be since it actually was forever, though. I woke up at 5 in the morning, left before 6, and while it's only 22 now, taking it the change in timezones, I've actually been awake for 22 hours straight, and this is after only 4 hours of sleep. I have no idea why I'm not in a worse shape than I am.

I've spent most of today travelling, mostly without time to hunt for WiFi hotspots, which explains why I'm taking so long to answer (this, plus some sort of bug preventing me from replying directly to posts which I didn't figure out I could circumvent until now). Most of it has been uneventful, even though my train to Boston was over 1 hour late and I realised that I sat back to back with another Björn from Sweden waiting for it as well. They never noticed, though, so I decided to just take some comfort in hearing my own tongue spoken instead of introducing myself without any clear goal.

I have been suffering random but recurring panic attacks throughout the day, though. I blame the fact that I'm running dangerously low on energy, even though others' baggage certainly was the single most common triggering factor.

I have a silly anecdote from the flight, though. One of the flight attendants decided to take paticular interest in me for the flight. I think she first became interested in my accent and asked where I was from, which led to me explaining the purpose of my trip and the bag mishap, as well as some other friendly banter. When I told her I was meeting friends from the Internet, she asked (in a little worried tone) what about if you were madmen, to which I responded tat I doubt any of you are crazier than me (mostly to subtly mock her probable perception of me as pretty strange). And when I was late to finish my lunch, she mocked me mercilessly for it.

I actually think I must've been the strangest passenger she's flown in a long time, because when I was heading off the plane and passed by her in the aisle, she shouted out to one of the other attendants in a pretty "this is the boy I was talking about" way. So, well, I guess I can be interesting too...

Wait, aren't you coming to Philadelphia on friday the 11th? Please tell me I didn't miss something...
    Well, you did miss that I'd written myself down as going to DP on the exact same date.

But yes, you're right, that's an error. 11th it is. I blame late night on poor sleep.

Oh, so that's how it is? Well, I lost 80% of my travel literature with the bag (had one book in the hand baggage), so some new (old) books would definitely be an idea. I won't lift hundreds, though.
    But I guess I could take a few extra for Wombat as well, since they'll only be weighing me down for one trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    Awww poor Teddy! I was just able to catch up on everything today and oh dear. I hope you are able to facilitate the return of your bag in some way soon, and until then I hope your hosts are able to help you feel calm and relaxed again. If the plans do end up changing (though it seems they are not by much, I think...) just let me know, I should still be able to accommodate you.

If you did not already have plans pretty set I would offer you another day to stay just for resting and recuperating before departing to your next locale. That said, life around here is generally pretty mellow and easy-going, so you should be able to rest well enough I hope. But prepare for the warm weather! It is very hot around here right now and looks to stay that way for another couple months. I'm sure most of the States suffer from great heat right now, but still I feel it is best to warn you anyway.
    Well, as I said earlier, my schedule remains as it is to save everyone on the sanity. But yeah, especially you whom I'm staying a long time with shouldn't be too surprised if I decide to spend a full day just laying around recharging. I'm already worn pretty thin and am doing a pretty good job emptying reserves I didn't even know I had, crashing every now and then is going to be crucial for recharging again.

Show

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

It feels like forever since I said goodbye to Strawberries and left for the airport to fly to the States. That might be since it actually was forever, though. I woke up at 5 in the morning, left before 6, and while it's only 22 now, taking it the change in timezones, I've actually been awake for 22 hours straight, and this is after only 4 hours of sleep. I have no idea why I'm not in a worse shape than I am.

I've spent most of today travelling, mostly without time to hunt for WiFi hotspots, which explains why I'm taking so long to answer (this, plus some sort of bug preventing me from replying directly to posts which I didn't figure out I could circumvent until now). Most of it has been uneventful, even though my train to Boston was over 1 hour late and I realised that I sat back to back with another Björn from Sweden waiting for it as well. They never noticed, though, so I decided to just take some comfort in hearing my own tongue spoken instead of introducing myself without any clear goal.

I have been suffering random but recurring panic attacks throughout the day, though. I blame the fact that I'm running dangerously low on energy, even though others' baggage certainly was the single most common triggering factor.

I have a silly anecdote from the flight, though. One of the flight attendants decided to take paticular interest in me for the flight. I think she first became interested in my accent and asked where I was from, which led to me explaining the purpose of my trip and the bag mishap, as well as some other friendly banter. When I told her I was meeting friends from the Internet, she asked (in a little worried tone) what about if you were madmen, to which I responded tat I doubt any of you are crazier than me (mostly to subtly mock her probable perception of me as pretty strange). And when I was late to finish my lunch, she mocked me mercilessly for it.

I actually think I must've been the strangest passenger she's flown in a long time, because when I was heading off the plane and passed by her in the aisle, she shouted out to one of the other attendants in a pretty "this is the boy I was talking about" way. So, well, I guess I can be interesting too...
    Yikes, panic attacks. Hang in there Teddy, and don't forget to have fun! This is important.

That plane trip sounds like it was a fair example of fun. But memorable moments are supposed to be good in such adventures.

Well, as I said earlier, my schedule remains as it is to save everyone on the sanity. But yeah, especially you whom I'm staying a long time with shouldn't be too surprised if I decide to spend a full day just laying around recharging. I'm already worn pretty thin and am doing a pretty good job emptying reserves I didn't even know I had, crashing every now and then is going to be crucial for recharging again.
    Okay, I shall remember when you arrive. Already got plans for that pretty well set up. If you need to rest while here, no worries. Mi casa es su casa, as they say. Hoping I got that right, too long since I've worked with Spanish.
    Show
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh, so that's how it is? Well, I lost 80% of my travel literature with the bag (had one book in the hand baggage), so some new (old) books would definitely be an idea. I won't lift hundreds, though.
    I'll toss a few books in the suitcase that might be fun to read while you travel, then...

While packing up some boxes last night, I actually found a dusty tome called Teddy's World, of all things. I have no recollection of buying or reading it. I assume it is some kind of magical book planted in my bookcase by mysterious creatures not of this world to ensnare you in some kind of evil spell. Should I burn it?

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Yikes, panic attacks. Hang in there Teddy, and don't forget to have fun! This is important.
    Yeah, I'm doing better now. Haven't had any panic since I got on the train, so I assume Skype and Civ works to keep them at bay...

Okay, I shall remember when you arrive. Already got plans for that pretty well set up. If you need to rest while here, no worries. Mi casa es su casa, as they say. Hoping I got that right, too long since I've worked with Spanish.

I'll toss a few books in the suitcase that might be fun to read while you travel, then...

While packing up some boxes last night, I actually found a dusty tome called Teddy's World, of all things. I have no recollection of buying or reading it. I assume it is some kind of magical book planted in my bookcase by mysterious creatures not of this world to ensnare you in some kind of evil spell. Should I burn it?

Burn it?! This is a tome to treasure! I would love it if you put it in with the rest!

Show

25. - Top - End - #175
    Dwarf in the Playground

Burn it?! This is a tome to treasure! I would love it if you put it in with the rest!
    No problem I've dusted it off and put it with the rest.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

It's correct, I believe, but a tad formal.

"Mi casa es tu casa" would be more applicable towards Teddy here.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    It's correct, I believe, but a tad formal.

"Mi casa es tu casa" would be more applicable towards Teddy here.
    Ah alrighty then. As I said it has been awhile since I have really had to use my Spanish knowledge. I'm bound to make a lot of mistakes. Thanks Cuth.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Yesterday morning, I finally got to buy some new clothes. I even found a button up shirt identical to the one I packed and subsequently lost, but with a nice sky blue colour instead of the pale yellow my old one had. The underwear I bought were not that good, though, but I guess they'll do for now.

In the afternoon, DP and me went to rent kayaks to paddle up the Charlies River while he pointed out all the landmarks of Boston to me. It was a lovely tour with the sun and the Red Sox blimp battling about the attention in the sky. Annoyingly enough, though, my kayak kept swerving to the right, and I couldn't figure out if it was the kayak or my own technique which was at fault. This together with a sad lack of water made me quite exhausted toward the end of the trip. But it was a good one!

Now I'm sitting on the train to Philadelphia, ETA 16:52.

Also, a great thank you to Sarah for the bag, and the wonderful Teddy book. I'm still sad I lost my previous baggage, but this is a nugget I'd never found without it!
    Last edited by Teddy; 2014-07-11 at 12:16 PM.

Show

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

The Teddy book seems absolutely adorable. Almost as if fate was about to connect the book and you.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

If I'd joined this thread earlier, I would have mentioned that there actually are flights out from Bristol to parts of the US. The only reason there weren't previously was some weird political shenanigans that got shot down by the EC.

In any event, I am standing by to pick up your bag once you've given the go-ahead, Teddy :)