New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fairy Tail Thread 3: Demon-ex Machinus

Well see, it's because Sting and *name* aren't actually friends.

God Fairy Tail is awful sometimes.
    Seriously yeah.. my entutiasm for the manga still hasnt recovered after that fight..
    And it was all the worse for comming right after the Hades arc
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Well see, it's because Sting and *name* aren't actually friends.

God Fairy Tail is awful sometimes.
    I know I forget names as well sometimes but it's Rogue, that's not so hard to remember, is it?

I feel like I'm repeating myself but if people haven't accepted the power of friendship trumps all in this show by now they will keep being disappointed... Yeah, I prefer it as well when Hiro comes up with better explanations but if people keep complaining about a staple of the series it's really irritating.
    That said... yes, Fairy Tail IS awful sometimes
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

3. - Top - End - #63
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    I know I forget names as well sometimes but it's Rogue, that's not so hard to remember, is it?
    ...evidently it is

Anyway, concerning friendship, the main issue is that...it's JUST friendship, without anything else. It seems kinda...lame, I suppose. Sorry about complaining about it so much.

Though it has still lead to one of my favorite scenes in all manga. Acnologia the Apocolypse Dragon shows up, they fight him, but can't even scratch the guy. He flies up and starts charging up his apocolypse roar, and everyone holds hands and starts chanting "WE BELIEVE IN THE POWER OF FRIENSHIP" over and over again. They then get cut off by the Apocolypse Roar decimating the island and (presumably, though in reality not) everyone on it.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

I feel like I'm repeating myself but if people haven't accepted the power of friendship trumps all in this show by now they will keep being disappointed... Yeah, I prefer it as well when Hiro comes up with better explanations but if people keep complaining about a staple of the series it's really irritating.
    That said... yes, Fairy Tail IS awful sometimes
    I think the worst part is that they clearly are great friends. Every interaction between Sting and Rouge has been together and they shared a history. If anything they seemed to be closer friends then Gagneel and Natsu.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I think the worst part is that they clearly are great friends. Every interaction between Sting and Rouge has been together and they shared a history. If anything they seemed to be closer friends then Gagneel and Natsu.
    It's not really integral to the discussion on how much FT's quality suffers from PoF syndrome but... I don't think so. Yeah, they have a combination attack and they are... fighting buddies or something but nothing early on ever gave me the feeling like they were really good friends. Admittedly, Gajeel certainly isn't Natsu's best friend in the guild either but maybe merely due to having more screen time but they still seem to be closer. Rogue and Sting clearly always felt strongly for their cat partners but for each other... I never quite felt that way.
    "What's done is done."

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Okay the latest side story was pretty cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post
    Okay the latest side story was pretty cool
    The one with Asuka? Yeah, kind of cute. Damn ship tease again, though

Spoiler: Last week and now
    Show

Last week was... uh, common FT fare? We pretend something exciting will happen/someone might die but... obviously, it will not happen. Haha! Yeah...

This week was a bit better, I guess. Lucy tricking whatshisname was neat, Minerva showing up means we'll get another fun fight, maybe, and a short glimpse of Hades. Although I wonder why the demons suddenly feel the need to awaken that End guy... Well, I guess they realize they were a bit arrogant in their abilities.. Also, we will likely get not-Luminaire soon, it seems.
    btw, is it part of Lucy's magic to keep her nipples covered no matter how bad her clothing damage is?
    "What's done is done."

8. - Top - End - #68

The one with Asuka? Yeah, kind of cute. Damn ship tease again, though

Spoiler: Last week and now
    Show

Last week was... uh, common FT fare? We pretend something exciting will happen/someone might die but... obviously, it will not happen. Haha! Yeah...

This week was a bit better, I guess. Lucy tricking whatshisname was neat, Minerva showing up means we'll get another fun fight, maybe, and a short glimpse of Hades. Although I wonder why the demons suddenly feel the need to awaken that End guy... Well, I guess they realize they were a bit arrogant in their abilities.. Also, we will likely get not-Luminaire soon, it seems.
    btw, is it part of Lucy's magic to keep her nipples covered no matter how bad her clothing damage is?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, that is her ultimate magic power. Also, I actually quite liked this chapter, Lucy actually DID A THING. It's been years since she's done a thing.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Well Charlie and Wendy being saved is the classic FT BS. At least they get it over quick rather then even pretending that they had actually died.

Lucy was absolutely brilliant this time though. That was awesome.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Actually i dont considder it quite the same FT bs because they were resqued in the same chapter, i feel it does make a vital difference there.

And yeah.. that was some of the best this chapter, with Lucy thinking quickly and managing to fool the enemy, and even Natsu doing a limited bit of thinking outside the box when it came to smashing stuff
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Demon fight
    Show

Not a bad chapter per se but... when did they say Mira can control demons? I mean, copy their powers or something, but take control of them? I don't think any of her siblings could do something like that...

Otherwise, not too much exciting except demon lady going all out. *insert Hellsing reference here*
    And a glimpse at Tartaros who... I guess looks like Zeref? I sometimes have a hard time telling people apart in FT...
    "What's done is done."

12. - Top - End - #72

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, I mean...it makes SENSE, is the thing. Her power is to subjugate creatures and just sorta tear their body parts off and put them inside of her. Giving her the ability to mind control said creatures actually makes sense. We've just never seen Elfman fight a beastman, or...nameperson fight a normal animal.

Book demon lady LITERALLY has no nipples. Otherwise this costume change shouldn't be possible. Either way, this is actually a pretty good chapter. The villains REALLY shouldn't of explained "hey if you destroy this place we can all permanently die" but eh, they've established their literally stupid enough to fall for the "duck season rabbit season" Loony Toons gag.

Tartaros does in fact look like Zeref. Interesting.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Lisanna? Is it just me or do you really tend to forget names about as badly as me, Zodiac?
    I'm still reluctant to just take that new part of Mira's powers... Megaman can't control robots just because he can absorb them... And when Elfman presumably killed Lisanna in the sibling's backstory, he had to... what exactly did he do again? Absorb it? Copy it? Certainly not control it, at least. I'm not that troubled by it, it just seems a little weird.

Meh, villains being stupid in FT... I really don't question it much anymore. Or at least not demons.
    (Also: maybe demons don't need nipples? )
    "What's done is done."

14. - Top - End - #74

Lisanna? Is it just me or do you really tend to forget names about as badly as me, Zodiac?
    I'm still reluctant to just take that new part of Mira's powers... Megaman can't control robots just because he can absorb them... And when Elfman presumably killed Lisanna in the sibling's backstory, he had to... what exactly did he do again? Absorb it? Copy it? Certainly not control it, at least. I'm not that troubled by it, it just seems a little weird.

Meh, villains being stupid in FT... I really don't question it much anymore. Or at least not demons.
    (Also: maybe demons don't need nipples? )
    Yes, Lisanna, that's her name!

I contest that for demons at the very least, it makes sense that she'd have some control over them. Be it part of her soul absorb power, or just a demon power she's pick up over the years, remains to be seen. Also...I do not remember Elfman's backstory at all, what was it again? Because uh...if Elfman killed Lisanna why is she here (I mean yeah, this Lisanna is the one from MAgictech Land or something, or is our version who was swapped WITH Magitech world's version or SOMETHING).

Good point that the demons wouldn't need nipples because they don't really seem to give birth naturally...but then this is the demon who has lesbian sex with the dominatrix so maybe they'd outfit themselves with the right parts for pleasure, rather then practicality of them? This is strange discussion.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

I contest that for demons at the very least, it makes sense that she'd have some control over them. Be it part of her soul absorb power, or just a demon power she's pick up over the years, remains to be seen. Also...I do not remember Elfman's backstory at all, what was it again? Because uh...if Elfman killed Lisanna why is she here (I mean yeah, this Lisanna is the one from MAgictech Land or something, or is our version who was swapped WITH Magitech world's version or SOMETHING).
    Is it called Absorb in the dub? I thought all three's powers were called "Take-Over", at least in the common scanlations. I'll admit,t hat doesn't make much of a difference but given I don't think we were ever really shown how they acquire new skills...
    Well, iirc, the three were fighting some monster too strong for them and then Elfman tried to transform in it (? or some other powerful monster, not sure anymore, help anyone?) and went berserk and thought he had killed Lisanna but it just happened to be at that time the Lisannna from Earthland and Edolas got switched and either the other Lisanna got killed during travel or by Elfman or... not sure on that one. Something like that, anyway.

Good point that the demons wouldn't need nipples because they don't really seem to give birth naturally...but then this is the demon who has lesbian sex with the dominatrix so maybe they'd outfit themselves with the right parts for pleasure, rather then practicality of them? This is strange discussion.
    I blame Hiro's writing and artwork for making us consider the necessity of reproductive organs on female, lesbian demons...
    "What's done is done."

16. - Top - End - #76

Is it called Absorb in the dub? I thought all three's powers were called "Take-Over", at least in the common scanlations. I'll admit,t hat doesn't make much of a difference but given I don't think we were ever really shown how they acquire new skills...
    Well, iirc, the three were fighting some monster too strong for them and then Elfman tried to transform in it (? or some other powerful monster, not sure anymore, help anyone?) and went berserk and thought he had killed Lisanna but it just happened to be at that time the Lisannna from Earthland and Edolas got switched and either the other Lisanna got killed during travel or by Elfman or... not sure on that one. Something like that, anyway.

I blame Hiro's writing and artwork for making us consider the necessity of reproductive organs on female, lesbian demons...
    It's called Take Over, I just forgot. Incidently...their power being CALLED "Take-Over" kind of confirms that yeah, they probably can mind control beings that they'd take over to gain the limbs/body of. And aaah, okay.

Oh Hiro. You and your barely hidden kinks.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Oh Hiro. You and your barely hidden kinks.
    Well, I guess I'll have to admit most of the time I don't mind. Though this arc did overstep the bounds once in a while.

Anyway...
    Spoiler
    Show

Chapter was pretty decent, I guess. I'll take the "I just stole part of your powers" thing. The twist in the end was just that good.
    I'm a bit sad Lisanna keeps being useless.
    And I finally want a proper timeline of who joined FT when...
    Last edited by Kato; 2014-04-18 at 06:19 AM.
    "What's done is done."

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: new chapter
    Show
    Aw yeah! Go Elfman go! Wreck that bitch to the high heavens!
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

19. - Top - End - #79
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

i'm pretty sure this chapter introduces a tiny plot hole, i'm fairly sure that in erza's flashback we see that mira, elfman and lis-whatever were already pretty set in the guild when erza joined, as in already comfortable enough with her powers to wear that squicky demon-loli outfit.

20. - Top - End - #80

Quote Originally Posted by chainer1216 View Post
    i'm pretty sure this chapter introduces a tiny plot hole, i'm fairly sure that in erza's flashback we see that mira, elfman and lis-whatever were already pretty set in the guild when erza joined, as in already comfortable enough with her powers to wear that squicky demon-loli outfit.
    I don't recall myself, but if that's true that's unfortunate because I REALLY liked this week's chapter.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

I just checked the manga chapters where she showed up (chapter 89 mostly I think) and it doesn't show Mira or the siblings in it. That might of been an anime adaptation. All the manga shows is Gray and Cana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah I thought the same thing, though they are possibly resolvable at a very technical level I don't really care to check.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Sadly, I'm too lazy to go check the episodes, but apparently there is a timeline, though fancomposed.

I totally forgot the anime continued. And that 1st is like Lelouch and Kira's love child or something according to her strategic skills.. (You know, I never thought about how the first three Masters kind of correspond to the first three Hokages... The Genius who died pretty young, the more-or-less evil second, the old but highly acclaimed third... Okay, it's a bit far fetched.)
    Also: I never pictured the princess with green hair...

But watching the tournament in motion is pretty fun, and considering what's coming up I'm even more hyped. Actually much more motivated to watch FT again than OP or Naruto...
    "What's done is done."

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Well... the First isn't an idiot for one and probably has some other inspiration, the Second isn't nearly a big enough evil d-bag, the Third okay I'll give you because they're both useless and the Fourth is a pretty decent dad (but not of the protagonist)... but the Fifth is a Freaking Yonkou so the pattern is all screwed to hell.

Now Three becomes Six on the Naruto end...

Have I ever mentioned Fairy Tail is like the most generic shonen evah?

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    [...]the Second isn't nearly a big enough evil d-bag[...]
    Well, I guess between Tobirama and Hades it is a kind of close call... The former just happens to be on the protagonists side

Have I ever mentioned Fairy Tail is like the most generic shonen evah?
    I have no idea what you are talking about

Better late than never... new chapter.
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, that color page is totally not catering to Hiro's fetishes... Or another bondage scene. Also, I refuse to believe a piece of cloth with a knot is an adequate bustier for Lucy. Admittedly, many anime stretch the laws of physics when it comes to clothing but this...

Disappointed the battle between the demoness and Elfman ended just like that... We get a whole lot of stupid talk from Mard Geer (?) which from my point doesn't tell us anything new but only spouts new stuff around. And we have a weird WEIRD transformation of their base into... something.
    Also: Lucy is Fairy Tail's last hope. This can not possibly end horribly.

Did I miss something?
    "What's done is done."

26. - Top - End - #86

That cover page

I don't...I don't even. I'm TAKING A PICTURE OF THIS and POSTING IT HERE for those who for some reason don't read the manga or can't find it. What the literal **** is wrong with Hiro sometimes?

Spoiler
    Show

Anyway, on with the actual chapter...

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay so the bondage demon is getting bondage'd to death. Fitting, but also creepy as ****. Also STUPID because Mard Gear is gonna get owned so hard. He's not a very exciting villain : |

Yeah, like Kato said, no way in hell that scrap of clothing is staying on.

...see, looking at the Plutogrim, it makes me sad that Hiro's writing is on par with Naruto and Bleach. This could be REALLY awesome.

And Lucy's our last hope. I...okay, on the one hand, this is FAiry Tail, a series where we end threats the chapter after they show up. On the other hand it's Lucy, the character who's been proven to be the most useless. This is actually a toss up on what could happen.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2014-04-28 at 08:51 AM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

I don't...I don't even. I'm TAKING A PICTURE OF THIS and POSTING IT HERE for those who for some reason don't read the manga or can't find it. What the literal **** is wrong with Hiro sometimes?
    Oh Zodiac, you're reactions make it worth for Hiro to be so terrible sometimes The thing is, the picture would actually be pretty cute if there wasn't an UNCONSIOUS LUCY ABOUT TO GET... let's say pranked...

Spoiler
    Show
    And Lucy's our last hope. I...okay, on the one hand, this is FAiry Tail, a series where we end threats the chapter after they show up. On the other hand it's Lucy, the character who's been proven to be the most useless. This is actually a toss up on what could happen.
    Meh, this is FT, and as Soras mentioned, the most generic shonen ever. I have no idea how, but somehow all will be well. Or maybe totally-not.Grey's dad will have a change of heart or something?
    "What's done is done."

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Meh, this is FT, and as Soras mentioned, the most generic shonen ever. I have no idea how, but somehow all will be well. Or maybe totally-not.Grey's dad will have a change of heart or something?
    or the impossible might happen and lucy actually does something useful
    elemental avatar by kaariane

extended signature

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by chaotic stupid View Post
    or the impossible might happen and lucy actually does something useful
    Meh this whole situation feels very forced to try and give Lucy something to do.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

personally i'm taking that cover page to be an homage to when robin was found by the fairies in One Piece.

uhg Hiro and your freak'in kinks...