New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: World of Tanks IV: We're on Fire!

is tier x brit med replaced on test?
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

2. - Top - End - #452
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    is tier x brit med replaced on test?
    No, and we don't get free tier 5 KV-1S either. All modules in the current one are dismounted for free, so there's that. Same treatment isn't given to Chaffee.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darksolitaire View Post
    KV-1S is just KV-1 that slightly faster.
    Which is what it is meant to be.

KV-85 won't be as strong as KV-1S was.
    Ie Wont be OP as hell
    Last edited by Leon; 2014-09-05 at 05:30 PM.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

4. - Top - End - #454
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

No, and we don't get free tier 5 KV-1S either. All modules in the current one are dismounted for free, so there's that. Same treatment isn't given to Chaffee.
    this is test though where that doesnt really matter..when it goes live i would not bet against the freebie replacement routine
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

full size avatar

5. - Top - End - #455

Hull down in my Black Prince in a T9 battle and walked out with a Steel Wall and 2 of the new tokens (Hand of God and Shellproof) 2550 Damage Blocked. Love that tank
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

6. - Top - End - #456

Anyone else play the tank rally yet? It's quite a bit of fun, but difficult to steer. Also, I can confirm that it's possible to jump into your opponent's side of the track and really mess them up from behind. A guy did that to us and I ended up stopping mid-race to duel him. It didn't end well.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralCheez View Post
    Anyone else play the tank rally yet? It's quite a bit of fun, but difficult to steer. Also, I can confirm that it's possible to jump into your opponent's side of the track and really mess them up from behind. A guy did that to us and I ended up stopping mid-race to duel him. It didn't end well.
    i do it quite often..if i can ram and stop 2 of the enemy team(for just 20 seconds even) that = a win for my team

had one race last night where i managed to stall all 3 opponents..sure they killed me..but then i just said "GG, we win" in all chat and smiled

overall i preferred the soccer..but with platoon mission awards for this..should be able to pump up the crew nicely for xfer to a new american light

full size avatar

8. - Top - End - #458

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    overall i preferred the soccer..but with platoon mission awards for this..should be able to pump up the crew nicely for xfer to a new american light
    Yeah, I also liked the soccer one more than this, though they're both fun. Here, most of your shots get blocked by the divider, and your team is lucky if you can get another tank down past 60 before you reach the end. Cap is also way too fast. If you fall even a little behind, the match can be over before you get to make a shot.

But if you do win, the rewards are definitely nice. I'm kinda hoping to get that free garage slot, but winning 50 of these is going to take awhile.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ettin in the Playground

So we're within the thread necromancy time...

I didn't play for most of the summer, really since last winter/spring when I got a girlfriend with kids and didn't have time to play anything.
    I just started playing again and I seem to have lot a lot in terms of ability.

I noticed I now have a KV-85, which I guess is the old KV-1S and the new KV-1S is now a tier lower but I don't have it?

I know there are few other tanks running around that I don't know. I'm not sure if they are basically renamed versions of old tanks or completely new. I see they also changed several of the maps some, and at least a few of them have alternate weather versions.

What other changes have happened?
    I did take one run with my arty but got himmeldorf and we got pretty well steamrolled so I couldn't judge much on the changes there.

I know they added a historical mode but it was greyed out when I checked. I know it didn't go over really well, but did they stop it completely?

10. - Top - End - #460

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    I noticed I now have a KV-85, which I guess is the old KV-1S and the new KV-1S is now a tier lower but I don't have it?

I know there are few other tanks running around that I don't know. I'm not sure if they are basically renamed versions of old tanks or completely new. I see they also changed several of the maps some, and at least a few of them have alternate weather versions.

What other changes have happened?
    I did take one run with my arty but got himmeldorf and we got pretty well steamrolled so I couldn't judge much on the changes there.

I know they added a historical mode but it was greyed out when I checked. I know it didn't go over really well, but did they stop it completely?
    A whole mess of Light tanks were added, most are USA but there is also a pair of Soviet and one German one. There was some slight name changing with the USA ones the T49 TD is now a T67 as the T49 name went to one of the Lights. Several maps have been rebalanced ~ this mostly means they have been flattened and more dips and rises added (Most notably El Halluf and Muravanka ~ there forest of fail is all but gone)

As far as Arty go several were moved up or down tiers and the FV304 got a slight whack with the bat... Its still a lot of fun despite that.
    Not sure on Historical mode but a thing for Clans called Strongholds was added (i am not in a clan so i know little about it other than you can build a base of sorts and then have to defend it)

More tanks were made HD. A lot of lil thing may have happened that i cant recall ~ i only found out the other day that you can turn chat off.

Scored my Kill all the French Ribbon the other night ~ needed the t10 Arty and managed to nail it in my Obj 704
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

11. - Top - End - #461
    Barbarian in the Playground

I got a TOG
    And I somehow managed to NOT save the replay of my Ace game in it

12. - Top - End - #462

Welcome to the Royal Navy
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

13. - Top - End - #463

Always fun to be in a TD 2 Tiers lower than the Avg level of the game and still wreck face.

Last few games in the Marder 38T were T5&6 games ~ in the Top 3 of Exp and Damage in all of them. Also had a hellcat game in a T8 match where i was 3rd for damage... we lost that one unsurprisingly
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ettin in the Playground

Speaking of which, I'll leave these here

Spoiler
    Show

and
    Spoiler
    Show

They were either back to back or one game between them, I forget. It isn't as much of a surprise for the T40, I love that thing and it has been elited for a while and has quite a few abilities, the M8A1 though is elite but crew is only 90ish.

I thought the T40 battle was T6, but either I remember incorrectly or I just didn't end up shooting one of them.

It has been a bit slow getting back into things but last night really felt like I had things going again. I like most of the changes on the maps, but it means I have to learn some of the changes the hard way.

I see they added a lot more achievements(?) and at least a few more medals. I got one in my KV-4 (I think) which seems like it would be really hard to get. 80% hit and pen rate, at least 1000 damage over 300m away and at least 8 hits (shots?). The individual parts don't seem too bad, but it is a lot to have together. Probably quite a few others that I just haven't seen yet.

15. - Top - End - #465

Tank Sniper.

Makes it much harder to get which is fine as i got "Sniper" many times in things like a KV-1 with the 122mm Howitzer but just not missing at point blank range.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

16. - Top - End - #466

Just scored a Ace tanker Mastery on a Draw with my M8A1 ~ came down to a almost full health AT2 and me (on 65hp) having run out of my small supply of APCR earlier in the battle i really couldn't deal with it so i stayed out of sight for the last minute or so
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

17. - Top - End - #467

I finally managed to save a TOG Ace replay - during my last hour of premium account, too.
    And what a game...
    http://wotreplays.com/site/1344834

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

A few days ago, I opened up an EU account just for the heck of it, and started streaming the low teir play on Twitch. One of my viewers joined in on a platoon at T2 with his Renault FT TD and my Panzerjager going into battle in Himmelsdorf. I rolled into the flank of the enemy for an awesome rapid fire triple kill, but died to a shot from the third tank. Then I watched my platoon mate putter along and almost bring us back from sure defeat. 6 kills, 4 of which came after he had been knocked down to 1hp, including 2 T18s. All he had to do for the victory was kill the SU-18 arty in our cap. He shot first... and left the arty with 1hp and an opportunity for the return fire that finally ended the comeback.
    Spoiler: Video highlight from the stream
    Show
    Last edited by Jimorian; 2014-11-17 at 11:08 PM. Reason: fixed faulty memory of the narrative
    I have my own TV show featuring local musicians performing live. YouTube page with full episodes and outtake clips here.
    I also have another YouTube page with local live music clips I've filmed on my own.
    Then there is my gaming YouTube page with Kerbal Space Program, Minecraft, and others.
    Finally, I stream on Twitch, mostly Kerbal Space Program and Minecraft.

19. - Top - End - #469

So now that the tank rally thing is done, I've got an American light crew with some pretty high skills, and an extra garage slot. Any recommendations for what to do with them? Is the regular Chaffee any good?

20. - Top - End - #470

I think it used to be quite good then it was bumped down a notch and the T37 is everything it was. I have no experience driving one however but it was one of those things that looked good with other people driving it when you saw it do well
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

21. - Top - End - #471

I just got a Chaffee a week or so ago (used the free 100% crew from the chaffee sport). I don't know what the old one was like, but I can tell you it is better than the M5 Stuart by a mile. The gun is comparable to the M4 Sherman's top gun. It has a high top speed, on good terrain it can get up over 70 kph, and it turn at speed too. It has really good cornering and hull traverse. The only really bad thing is that it has very little armor so pretty much any hit will damage the tank.

22. - Top - End - #472

OK.

Guys.

On the whole "kill or cap" issue, my opinion is pretty much "whatever works."

But THIS might have been a bit premature.
    Last edited by AMX; 2014-11-30 at 11:08 AM.

23. - Top - End - #473

Quote Originally Posted by AMX View Post
    OK.

Guys.

On the whole "kill or cap" issue, my opinion is pretty much "whatever works."

But THIS might have been a bit premature.

Battle Duration: 1 min 36 s

Despite whatever we may believe on the subject, I think we can all agree that that was too soon. Looking at the detailed report, it looks like a platoon decided to troll everyone on that one.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ettin in the Playground

Should I put the IS-8 at a 0 degree angle like the IS-3?

25. - Top - End - #475

I don't know much about the IS-8 in particular but if its got a Pike Nose, keep it pointed at the enemy as best you can.

I do love those IS-3s who angle and give me nice flat plates to shoot at
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ettin in the Playground

The thing is, I'm not certain if the 8 does have a pike. The front is pointy, but it kind of flattens out on the sides, and I'm not sure if that's the real armor or a shell.

27. - Top - End - #477

According to the wiki, it is best not to angle the IS-8 but don't expect to bounce a shot from anything higher than tier 8. I hope that helps a little.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnoman View Post
    The thing is, I'm not certain if the 8 does have a pike. The front is pointy, but it kind of flattens out on the sides, and I'm not sure if that's the real armor or a shell.
    IS-8 doesn't have a pike. Surprisingly bouncy against Tier 7-8 guns, since it's still sloped, but don't expect it to save you from same-tier and tier X tanks.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ettin in the Playground

Thanks. I know that historically some of the IS series tanks had sheet metal covering the real armor, so I wasn't sure about it. So far it seems to be fairly mediocre, but I thought that about the IS-3 at first too. Shame it's so expensive to operate.

30. - Top - End - #480

Its so nice to be able to play Tanks with the graphics cranked right up so everything is in detail and have it run smoothly.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet