New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Erfworld Merchandise Ideas

i also had a gross but hilarious idea, you know those little toy cows that you squeeze and weird jelly poop comes out,?, well you could just take that jelly stuff and shape it like people or monsters or summat, and VOILA!, crap golems

2. - Top - End - #122
    Pixie in the Playground

Goblin

Great, now I want my crap golem shaped chocolate num-nums.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

I know it's been said, but a coffee mug with Sizemore on it saying, "When life gives you crap, make crap golems."

And a plush doll of a dwagon. I like the green :) But my 2yr old would like any of them.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Gobwin Knob has a strong personal dislike for your employer, why don't you try thinkamarketing the Alliance instead?"

"Disturb the Eyemancers at your own peril."

And... let's pretend I said something clever about Parson kicking folks down steps. Again.
    might just play the wall with this mean look on my grill
    act like i'm the hater that hates you from hateville
    -
    Though I may not appear to be an actual hater, I assure you, my quiet hate for the stupid is very real, and I do have both authentic hater cred and a ballpeen hammer."

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I want a "I'm with tool" shirt

6. - Top - End - #126
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I love the ideas I've seen, especially the -Bad Guys- teeshirt and plushie dwagon, but what I haven't seen is a link to a shop to buy any of these goodies. Am I just missing it?
    If I have seen farther than other men, it is because I have stood on the shoulders of giants.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kanthalion View Post
    and in the vein of wild suggestions: howabout an efdup chamber pot?
    Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    It could have, "Magic item? You wish." on it.
    A full-sized chamber pot is not likely but how about a coffee mug like that?

8. - Top - End - #128
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Turrosh Mak View Post
    I love the ideas I've seen, especially the -Bad Guys- teeshirt and plushie dwagon, but what I haven't seen is a link to a shop to buy any of these goodies. Am I just missing it?
    I don't believe the ideas have been implemented yet.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Halfling in the Playground

Do you suppose we could convince McDonald's to rename happy meals "Stupid Meals"?
    The hideous monster I'm kinda responsible for.
    The new thing, due to something I said:Viva el presidente Hefty Brick!

10. - Top - End - #130

Mabye there will be plush-thing-toys because a lot of the stuff looks a little like that.
    King of the Spacecats
    We control Order of the stick

Be a spacecat!

Founder of the Kazumi and Daigo fanclub!!

Paladins With Honor Movement (PWHM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Newest and Hottest Paladin Fashion: tan.
    Sometimes the code of honor needs a color change.

Join the Paladins With Honor Movement. Just post those two lines about Paladins in your sig.

Captian-Genral of PWHM
    Because you can't do everything right if your your never a little wrong.

11. - Top - End - #131

DrowGuy

The "What makes you think we're the Bad Guys" and the Crap Golems t-shirts are great ideas. I'd buy the first one

12. - Top - End - #132
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by pclips View Post
    1) Yes, we have been getting requests for either a tabletop RPG or miniatures system or a TBS computer game ever since the Klogs started to go up.

2) There's a good likelihood that something along those lines will eventually be made. However, nothing's in development now. It would be some ways down the line. There are several ways we could make it happen, but we don't have the capacity to sit down and do it ourselves.
    If at some point you need some writing/editing/proofreading gruntwork done, let me know. I'm willing to help out and I'm not terribly far from you, it appears.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Pixie in the Playground

The only thing I'd consider buying would be a game.

But here's an idea: instead of basing a game on the specific characters and events in the comic, how about basing it on the premise of being transported to a world where everything is familiar to you? As in, you, the player, personally? For example, instead of having a pre-determined list of unit types the game could have a point-buy system that lets you turn your old toy army men into plastic golems, and pennies into copper dragons - er, sorry, dwagons.
    Last edited by DGM; 2007-06-25 at 06:54 AM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Pixie in the Playground

I wouldn't mind a shirt that said, "My GM went to Erfworld, and all I got were his stupid dice."

I'd pay for a poster modeled after the USSR Flag, but instead of the normal hammer and sickle, have the Arkenhamer and Arkenpliers or some such.

Maybe a bumper sticker with a move stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester42 View Post
    How about Peeps repackaged in boxes that are labled gwifins
    Only if you sold them in July.
    Last edited by Tachikoma; 2007-06-25 at 12:42 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

I vote for the "When life gives you crap..", "What makes you think we're the 'bad guys'?", and Stanley the Tool t-shirts. "Boop me in the boop" or "Boop censorship" also are good ones. And all of those would also make good posters/mugs/etc.

I'd buy the 'bad guys' as a T-shirt, and probably the others as stickers or mugs.

Plushies, definitely. I'd buy gwiffon and dwagon plushies.

"PLOT" stickers would be fun (something to give my players). I also cast another vote for "Erfworld Tool" stickers/buttons.

And if you're looking for somebody on Ansom's team to immortalize, go with Vinnie. You wouldn't even need text or anything- just a Vinnie portrait on a t-shirt or poster or mug.
    Last edited by Rumex; 2007-06-25 at 04:06 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Dwarf in the Playground

2) There's a good likelihood that something along those lines will eventually be made. However, nothing's in development now. It would be some ways down the line. There are several ways we could make it happen, but we don't have the capacity to sit down and do it ourselves.
    Hey, Rob... what if we could make it for you? It's an out there idea, but bear with me on it...

Okay, so in programming you have the "proprietary" community and the "open source" community. In the former camp, code is created in secrecy or at least by core groups. In the latter camp, code is created for the whole community at large to view/modify/upgrade. In both situations, the end product may be packaged and sold to the masses at large.

You making the game would be the old "proprietary" model. It'd work, and you have every right to, but it'd take your energy away from making the comic and other things.

The "open source" version of that would be to open a thread/forum branch here, and let the Erfworld fans hack out (via lengthy conversations, voting, and extensive testing by anyone who wanted to join the conversation and become involved) the rules of the tabletop game that would be sold to the masses.

Once the community at large felt like the game was solid enough to be sellable, you could then simply arrange to have it packaged, manufactured and shipped, and take in the profit. I don't think anyone here would mind helping you out on that project... I imagine even the people who would want some kind of credit for helping out would be grateful for a mention in the instruction book, perhaps in a list of acknowledgements. Then you can make the money that's rightfully yours on the game, and wouldn't have to be in charge of its creation... and it'd be a game targeted well to your audience, because the core of that audience were the ones who designed it!

And of course, the forum would continue after initial production, determining and voting on errata and revisions to the rules as "bugs" are found.

What do you think? And, almost as important, would those of you in this forum who appreciate Erfworld be willing to help out to create a damn good tabletop game?

EDIT: Granted, us web users may not be versed on everything about how the world of Erfworld works yet, so that may be a hinderance. Perhaps when the introductory phase of the comic is over and the rules of the world seem more obvious to everyone, such an idea could begin... or it could start now and as new details emerge it could be added in as revisions or even expansion packs! Hmm, I think I'm digressing... but you get the idea. ;)
    Last edited by EdgarVerona; 2007-06-29 at 02:16 AM.
    -Edgar Verona

Paladin, Philosopher, Programmer
    R.I.P

Eye of Fear and Flame
    422 - 469

We still miss you bro.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground

Just off the top of my head, how about a calendar or a version of those "inspirational posters" (or both combined) using Erfworld characters/images?

18. - Top - End - #138
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateGirl

Now that is a brilliant idea
    Hmm...which characters though?
    If all the world's a stage, and all the men and women only players....who on earth has my script?

PETE: Egon, this is reminding me of the time you tried to drill a hole in your head.
    EGON: That would have worked if you hadn't stopped me.
    (Ghostbusters)

19. - Top - End - #139
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGirl

I would definitely pay money for a 'What makes you think we're the bad guys?" t-shirt.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Pixie in the Playground

prints? maybe in limited runs. Say, take some of the "blowing up..." thread pictures, print up a hundred or so in the largest size practical, sign them...I bet that would fetch a few $

21. - Top - End - #141
    Banned

I should preface this by saying that I never buy anything...

If I wore an erfworld item, it would be a shirt with a dwagon on it.

My two favorite shots are His Toolship sitting atop the red dwagon at the bottom of 32, and the Yellow raising it's eyebrow at me in 54, though I would want to see more in the case of the yellow.

And I would want it to say 'Erfworld' rather than dwagon, though both would be fine.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Wouldn't "When life gives you crap, make crap golems" be "When life gives yo boop, make boop golems?"

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground

Okay, there have been a lot of calls for Erfworld merchandise in various threads. There is a book planned, so that is covered. What else?

I'm really looking for what you'd actually pay to own, because merchandise is expensive, slow, and a pain to deal with. We'd like to start with a few sensible items to have with us for the Summer convention season (or sooner). So what should we make?
    This comes entirely to the point of how complex this "merchandise" can be. I would certainly say that once the first chapter of Erfworld (BfGK) is complete, you should sell it as a tabletop game, with rules included. Then, additional chapters (and the rules revealed therein) can be sold as expansions.

Of course, you've probably already thought of that.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tachikoma View Post
    I wouldn't mind a shirt that said, "My GM went to Erfworld, and all I got were his stupid dice."

Maybe a bumper sticker with a move stat.
    LOL, I love these two ideas. Very original.

The plush dolls are also great. If they decided to make a shirt about "What makes you think we're the bad guys?" with Stanley and them on it, they should make one similar but of Ansoms side on it.

I also think a shirt showing Wanda's various fashions/outfits would be good. (Maybe with the line: "It's fashionable to be a Naughtymancer").

Being on the Forums (for some reason) made me think of this, (not these forums specificly, it's just how I feel about most forums in general):

For a T-shirt: "If you think my opinion is crap... go make a crap golem".

I just might add that line to my sig at some point :P.
    Last edited by Pelf; 2007-07-03 at 01:41 PM.
    My avatar is one of Vinny's doombats from Erfworld by Rob Balder and Jamie Noguchi.

I'd also like to say: People are on here to share ideas, speculation, and their opinion. I don't agree with everything, but lets try to share what we all bring to the table.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Pixie in the Playground

In regards to the chamber pot/"magic item, you wish" idea:

I'd so buy this, (and then set it in the bathroom as a joke)... it's my brand of humor... until I realized that my friends (having their own brand of humor) would actually use it (and may or may not tell me that they did, grrr).
    Last edited by Pelf; 2007-07-03 at 02:02 PM.
    My avatar is one of Vinny's doombats from Erfworld by Rob Balder and Jamie Noguchi.

I'd also like to say: People are on here to share ideas, speculation, and their opinion. I don't agree with everything, but lets try to share what we all bring to the table.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Erfworld is great. The real strength of the merchandise this early in the game is that so much of the world is familiar. Plush Vinnies would be in demand at conventions even without his connection to Erfworld. In that same spirit, the hammer t-shirt described by Dratsabre has great graphic appeal. I would suggest a tagline of "The Hammer of the Gods" to make it more family friendly, while appealing to Led Zepplin fans in the bargain.
    Crack Babies; You Can Shake Them, But You Can't Stop Them From Shaking.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

As far as posters go, you guys should do a laminated hexboard just like the one they have in Stanly's castle. from there you could just leave it or you could track whats going on in the gameworld. id buy that, and use it too

28. - Top - End - #148
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dakiwiboid View Post
    I SO want a teeshirt that says "Good Girls Get Sushi" now!
    SO Seconded, especially if there is some cool pict of Jillian or Wanda to go with it.

I am currently concentrating on RL stuffs. If you need me PM me.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

biggrin Re: Erfworld Merchandise Ideas

I would love to see some Plushie Dwagons! They could come in all sorts of colors and you could collect them all! I would defenitley buy those!
    Go Snorkonian Platycores!

30. - Top - End - #150
    Pixie in the Playground

I'd like to see some Mancer themed stuff, like posters or t-shirts. Also more dwagons stuff, I'd probably buy anything with a dwagon on it.
    I found a buckler on the ceiling one time.