New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Fallout Equestria: Blood and Pancakes (IC)

Once, there was a city.

This city's foundations was not said to be based on rock or mortar, but on unity.

Once, the inhabitants of this city sought to be kind, filled with laughter, generous in their dealings, honest in all respects, and loyal to their kin and friends.

The inhabitants of this city believed that, if they all worked together, in harmony, they could achieve great things that they could not accomplish alone.

The inhabitants of this city once thought that they could achieve a peaceful society in the midst of a war. They once believed that their idealism was superior to the wartime mentality that had taken hold in the south.

But they are much wiser now.

It is that time of the year when Fall is in full swing, and the land is as grey as the clouds.

Six ponies of no small importance had decided to travel with Karen's Caravan's, a moderately powerful family-owned company based in Tauronto primarily by donkey's. Karen's main stop in the city is in the suburbs, in what was once known as Humblewood, now known as Humble.

Humble is a small town mostly known existing out of a few large houses formerly belonging to a gentrified few and having running water, electricity, and food, and is rather notable for it's many inhabitants being unaware of the irony of their name when they ask for large amounts of caps to allow others to use their facilities.

The six ponies on the caravan end up being allowed the usage of a crumbling bar with a gas lamp for lighting to spend the night in, because say what you will about !!canadian!! ponies, if they not nice.

It is within this rain-rotten place, all creaking wood and rusty metal, a singular light the only illumination in the dark night, with six ponies with six old futons being the only living creatures around, where out story starts.

(OOC thread link)
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2014-09-08 at 12:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Blood and Pancakes (IC)

"Well, any roof over out head," Doc mused, "Though I'm not sure what's holding it up. He walks over to one of the futons and sets his things down on the cushion.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

3. - Top - End - #3

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    "Well, any roof over out head," Doc mused, "Though I'm not sure what's holding it up. He walks over to one of the futons and sets his things down on the cushion.
    The building's outside was pretty shabby, slightly moreso than the other one hundred and eighty year old buildings around it. The interior seemed to have had several fungal infestations and a bad case of brawling over it's lifetime and the ceiling was a greyish color that probably wasn't especially good to associate with wood with. The building was probably holding together through pre-war earth pony construction and post-war hope.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2014-02-28 at 03:19 PM.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zombie

"This is great! We're on an adventure! I get to sleep in abandoned buildings and stuff! I love this!"

Apparently the state of their accomodations failed to deter Jinx from finding the good aspects of their situation. Or, more accurately, making good aspects up.

"I call dibs on this bed!" She leaped, crashed on the futon which could only be called 'bed' by some criminally inaccurate exaggeration, and put her head over her hooves, stretching, before shrugging off her battle saddle and rolling on the ground. "Ooooh! This was a bar, right? Maybe there are some drinks or snacks left somewhere!" Without waiting for an answer, she hopped off the mattress and started searching everywhere, oblivious to the fact that the bar was in the middle of a town and would have been scavenged ages ago.

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanix View Post
    "This is great! We're on an adventure! I get to sleep in abandoned buildings and stuff! I love this!"

Apparently the state of their accomodations failed to deter Jinx from finding the good aspects of their situation. Or, more accurately, making good aspects up.

"I call dibs on this bed!" She leaped, crashed on the futon which could only be called 'bed' by some criminally inaccurate exaggeration, and put her head over her hooves, stretching, before shrugging off her battle saddle and rolling on the ground. "Ooooh! This was a bar, right? Maybe there are some drinks or snacks left somewhere!" Without waiting for an answer, she hopped off the mattress and started searching everywhere, oblivious to the fact that the bar was in the middle of a town and would have been scavenged ages ago.
    There was nothing worth taking in the bar. In some places, a sturdy chair or table could fetch a decent price, even, but every object in the bar was as defunct as the bar itself. Wood came off under hooves and chair legs wobbled when prodded. There wasn't so much as a bit coin anywhere. Jinx's battle saddle was probably worth more than the building and everything in it that wasn't on the back of a living, breathing pony.

Spoiler
    Show
    While the bar is a 'starter area', actions like this one should have rolls in the appropriate skill set in spoilers.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2014-02-28 at 03:45 PM.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Stellar prods one of the futons suspiciously with a forehoof. Even by wasteland standards this is rank. "Do you think they'd let me drag a cloud or two in here? It's not as if this place could get any mouldier. At least two of us don't have to sleep on these things." She glances at the other pegasus pony in the group. She'd been surprised to find out Joyous Noise was a ghoul - so well preserved! Stellar mean to ask her about that later. It had made her heart break that the wasteland could treat so indubitably fine a pony as Joyous Noise in such a manner.
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2014-02-28 at 06:04 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by RCgothic View Post
    I prod one of the futons suspiciously with a forehoof. Even by wasteland standards this is rank. "Do you think they'd let me drag a cloud or two in here? It's not as if this place could get any mouldier. At least two of us don't have to sleep on these things." I glance at the other pegasus pony in the group. I'd been surprised to find out she was a ghoul - so well preserved! I mean to ask her about that later. It had made my heart break that the wasteland could treat so indubitably fine a pony as Joyous Noise in such a manner.
    The futons didn't make a squishy noise when touched, unlike most of the things in room, and were clean enough to count as decent bedding, if quite worn. But, what wasn't in the wasteland?

Spoiler
    Show
    Third person is encouraged for IC posts, RCgothic but if you prefer to use first person it's fine with me.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2014-02-28 at 05:48 PM.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

If you can get the Enclave to part with a cloud or two then go for it. Nopony down here will mind a little more wear and tear on this old ruin. Plus it'd be really cool to touch a cloud. Supply Routes says before pulling a bedroll out with her teeth and setting it up on a futon. So what bring the rest of you to Tauranto? Trade, work, adventure, or something else?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

9. - Top - End - #9

Zombie

"Isn't it obvious? Science!" Jinx yells from behind a crumbled, rotten desk, before triumphantly pulling out a chair leg she holds between her teeth and mumbling something incomprehensible - then spitting out the leg. "That's good, solid wood! I'm sure I can do something with-" as she pokes it with her hoof, the leg breaks in two. "...oh well, never mind. Anyway, science! I heard about the Celestia National Tower, and I want to visit it. Even if it has been scavenged before, I am sure people must have missed some things of use, and even if not, it is still a pre-war wonder that deserves to be studied!"

10. - Top - End - #10

"As long as there's war, there will be a need for doctors. I'm simply sharing my talents with those in need," Doc replied. He looked up and wrinkled his nose. "Though just about everything in this land could use a little TLC. Hopefully one day."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

"The Celestia National Tower?" Stellar asks, taken aback. "You don't want to go there, believe me. Reaver territory," she states plainly, as though that should explain everything.

"You're interested in Science though?" She steps closer to Jinx, wings outstretched eagerly. "Me too! That's actually why I was in Manehattan! I heard they might have some interesting stuff in Tenpony Tower but nopony would even speak to me, let alone let me in. I'm from around here originally, I'm just heading home now. But even making two long trips across the wastes was safer than trying to get a tour of The Celestia National Tower, trust me!"

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Joyous Noise regarded the decaying building sourly.

"Was architecture itself destroyed along with Equestria? A hut made of sod would be better than this rusty deathtrap."

Under better circumstances, she would have been curious as to how the light worked. As it was though, she simply laid down in an unoccupied corner.

The last few months had been exciting, if not exactly pleasant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Every time someone presses the quote button on one of my posts I steal a very small part of their soul.

I have a Tumblr now. So that's cool.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Chiseled took in the room in relative silence. Despite its damaged state it was still interesting whenever he went into these dwellings. No matter how worn down they had somehow survived the bombs intact... well somewhat intact. It reminded him of old bones, like an old manticore's skeleton. Once it had been a proud beast, and even in its death it had left a striking legacy.

These other ponies though were... odd, they were so talkative, especially the Red earth pony mare with the strange device on her back. Still they seemed friendly enough, and it would be rude to not be courteous.

Chiseled suddenly became aware of the question the unicorn had asked, he pondered a bit before answering, knowing he was cursed might prove uneasy for them, but it seemed wrong to not give them fair warning. He decided he would give warn them but avoid drawing attention to the subject.

I am traveling to redeem myself in the eyes of the light. he then added in his most serious tone I also wish to apologize in advance to the mares present, should you feel uncomfortable or strange around me only ask and I will try to spare you from my presence.
    Avatar based on artwork by Jabari Weathers

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Cheer up Noise, we've stayed in worse places then this before. At least this place isn't a radroach den. Supply Route says with a laugh.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

Joyous Noise gave Chiseled Jaw an odd look and decided not to respond. What a strange pony he was.

She was less shy with Supply Route.

"Don't remind of that again. My skin still crawls when I hear chittering."

She hadn't gotten a lot of sleep that night. Celestia-damned radroaches.
    Every time someone presses the quote button on one of my posts I steal a very small part of their soul.

16. - Top - End - #16

"Something wrong with your presence?" Doc asked Chiseled.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Stellar glances to Jinx, Supply Route and Joyous Noise for their reactions to Chiselled's rather odd comment. Sure, he's easy on the eyes, but let's not get carried away. Seeing Joyous curl up into a corner reminds Stellar what she was about supposed to be doing and she launches herself into the air with a few easy flaps of her long wings. "Be right back."

With little further ado, Stellar swoops out of the door. A few minutes later she returns pushing two small, light, fluffy clouds, one of which she nudges towards the ghoul-pegasus. "Here, no reason we can't be comfortable. Being off the floor should help if there are any radroaches herebouts too."
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2014-02-28 at 06:34 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

Joyous Noise was surprised by this gesture. She smiled at the other pegasus and clambered onto a cloud.

"I'm glad that courtesy, at least, isn't dead."

19. - Top - End - #19

Doc sat down on a futon and leaned back. "Well, think you two can squeeze some water out of those in the morning?" he asked the pegasi.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    "Something wrong with your presence?" Doc asked Chiseled.
    Chiseled was quiet for a moment, the curse had not appeared to affect other stallions, so it might be safe to inform him of his fears. Of course it was probably unwise to tell too much to ruin-dwellers, his elders had warned that they were often intolerant of traditions.

He looked about to ensure that the mares were not listening before gesturing the other stallion to come closer.

Mares often behave strangely when I am near. he whispered once the Earth pony was close I do not wish for them to come to harm because of my presence.

Once this information had been shared, he smiled and extended his hoof in greeting. I am called Chiseled Jaw. Tell me, what is a doctor? I have heard this term used but am not sure I understand. Are you a warrior of some sort?
    Avatar based on artwork by Jabari Weathers

21. - Top - End - #21

Quote Originally Posted by Ravian View Post
    I am called Chiseled Jaw. Tell me, what is a doctor? I have heard this term used but am not sure I understand. Are you a warrior of some sort?
    Doc chuckled. "Well, if by warrior, you mean I hoof-wrestle Death over who gets the next pony, sure, you can call it that. Sounds more interesting anyway." He sat up on the futon.

"Name's Doc Wagon, or just Doc by most folks. Not much of a fighter, but I can handle a gun. Pretty much a necessity out in the wastes... but by profession, I patch wounded ponies together with medical science. That's ideally what a doctor should be."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

22. - Top - End - #22

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by RCgothic View Post
    "The Celestia National Tower?" Stellar asks, taken aback. "You don't want to go there, believe me. Reaver territory," she states plainly, as though that should explain everything.
    "Reavers? But that's terrible! Wait, I have no idea what Reavers are. Well, no matter! I'm sure I'll be able to explain things properly to them, and they will let me do my work. It is important work, after all!" Jinx throws quick glances around, then looks, amazed, at one of the clouds being pulled by the pegasus into the room; before Stellar could take place on her own cloud, the young earth pony jumped in the air to take her place, yelling enthusiastically.

And crashing to the ground, having passed right through the cloud. "Ouch! ...that's not fair. I want a cloud bed too! Hmmm... Perhaps now..." Grabbing the two futons that the pegasi had no need for by the teeth, she piled them together into a triple-size mattress. "Tada! Now I'm going to sleep better."
    Last edited by Mechanix; 2014-02-28 at 07:20 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23

Outside, the wind audibly begins to pick up, and a bit of chill starts to seep though the various holes in the walls. The building creaks a little every little while.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

"So... are we gonna do something about the draft or what?"

Few things bothered Joyous Noise more than problems she knew should have been fixed years ago.

Spoiler
    Show
    So what would I roll to look for stuff to cover up the drafts with? Or would I just skip to making a mechanics roll?

25. - Top - End - #25

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Fedora View Post
    "So... are we gonna do something about the draft or what?"
    "Well, once the war ends..." Doc said with a slight smirk. He then stood up to be a little more serious. "I'll help if you have a way of putting up some paneling."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

Joyous Noise smiled. This was more her element than dealing with monsters and raiders.

"I have gaff tape. We just need something to use it with."

27. - Top - End - #27

The constant sound of the wind buffeting the structure was interrupted for a few moments by a stern knocking at the door.

"If you please, would you accept a visitor to this humble abode?" a odd whispery voice called out, sounding as if he, and it was probably a he, was trying to be heard over the wind and overestimating it's volume.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Fedora View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    So what would I roll to look for stuff to cover up the drafts with? Or would I just skip to making a mechanics roll?
    Spoiler
    Show
    It would be a Perception check to find stuff to cover it up (very easy) and could be solved either by Survival ('So yah put that wooden beam right there'.) or by a even easier Mechanic check if one managed to use some tape.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2014-09-08 at 12:55 AM.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

I'll admit you're a bit of a looker but don't worry I'm a professional and I never have lost control of myself yet. Supply Route says giving Chiseled a look over with her eyes.

Come on in stranger! I'm not the sort to deny a pony shelter on a cold night like tonight. But if you try to start trouble I won't hesitate to end it. Understand?
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    The constant sound of the wind buffeting the structure was interrupted for a few moments by a stern knocking at the door.

"If you please, would you accept a visitor to this humble abode?" a odd whispery voice called out, sounding as if he or, quite possibly she, was trying to be heard over the wind and overestimating it's volume.

Spoiler
    Show
    It would be a Perception check to find stuff to cover it up (very easy) and could be solved either by Survival ('So yah put that wooden beam right there'.) or by a even easier Mechanic check if one managed to use some tape.
    "Come right in! We were just fixing up the place a little." she said whilst rummaging around for useful items.

Spoiler
    Show
    I rolled a 7 for the SPECIAL check, which should be enough with the +3 bonus. And I rolled a 57 for the Mechanics roll. Success!
    Last edited by Colonel Fedora; 2014-02-28 at 07:57 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30

Doc makes himself useful by helping hold up the rummaged junk while it gets taped up.
    Digo Dragon - Artist