New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fire Emblem Thread II: Stalwarts Unite!

Quote Originally Posted by Rising Phoenix View Post
    Some tips for the early chapters of Awakening in Lunatic:

-Don't let Frederic get many kills (save chapter 2 where you kinda have to.. I hate that map)
    -In the prologue chapter it's entirely possible for Chrom and My Unit to be level 4-5 by the end of it if you abuse water movement.
    -In the first chapter pair Chrom with Frederic. Assuming Chrom has gained a bit of defense, this duo should have no problems with soloing the map by standing on forts.
    -The second chapter is arguably the hardest and depending on who's been lucky with their growths you'll want to use MU, Chrom and Frederic. Chrom being paired up with Sully are also useable.

-Alternatively you can feed all kills of the prologue and chapter one to MU and enjoy your god...
    Well, I'm finished with chapter 4 and I recruited Donnel. I made one mistake in his recruitment mission and lost Sully and I didn't care enough to go back and redo it, as MU and Chrom had received a couple really good levels in that run. So, Sully is dead, MU is getting to the point where he can kick butt (he's level 9 at present, as I didn't feed him like crazy early, too hard >_<), and overall I'm feeling like I can handle the normal stuff.

I also ran into another team via wifi, but when I tried fighting them, it scaled up their stats so high that one of their mages could solo my entire team, Frederick included, so that's not happening for a whole.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Well, I'm finished with chapter 4 and I recruited Donnel. I made one mistake in his recruitment mission and lost Sully and I didn't care enough to go back and redo it, as MU and Chrom had received a couple really good levels in that run. So, Sully is dead, MU is getting to the point where he can kick butt (he's level 9 at present, as I didn't feed him like crazy early, too hard >_<), and overall I'm feeling like I can handle the normal stuff.

I also ran into another team via wifi, but when I tried fighting them, it scaled up their stats so high that one of their mages could solo my entire team, Frederick included, so that's not happening for a whole.
    You have more self control than me if you don't reset when losing a unit.

3DS Name: Rezzy, FC: 0104-0343-1530

Lots of bred Pokemon, complete list on my Gym Leader Page of the Giant League Wiki, PM me if you'd like to trade for one.

Fire Emblem Fates Castle Address
    05107-66614
    62592-54117

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rezkeshdadesh View Post
    You have more self control than me if you don't reset when losing a unit.
    I usually do, but it's not a knee jerk reaction. My mistake was quite far along in the mission (I did that thing where you move a unit and oops the enemy range expanded), where I made a call that 3-4 extra stat points on both Chrom and MU (depending on my exact luck) was worth more than Sully.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

I usually do, but it's not a knee jerk reaction. My mistake was quite far along in the mission (I did that thing where you move a unit and oops the enemy range expanded), where I made a call that 3-4 extra stat points on both Chrom and MU (depending on my exact luck) was worth more than Sully.
    Since you can grind now, good level ups aren't quite as valuable as before, though.

Lots of bred Pokemon, complete list on my Gym Leader Page of the Giant League Wiki, PM me if you'd like to trade for one.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Since you can grind now, good level ups aren't quite as valuable as before, though.
    I'll keep that in mind for my lunatic+ play through. I intentionally haven't spoiled myself in terms of what missions are available or what other units I can get. I'm just going to play to the best of my skill and the tolerance of my frustration as I learn the missions.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2014-03-13 at 12:05 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

I'll keep that in mind for my lunatic+ play through. I intentionally haven't spoiled myself in terms of what missions are available or what other units I can get. I'm just going to play to the best of my skill and the tolerance of my frustration as I learn the missions.
    Keep in mind you need the parents in order to recruit the children characters.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Keep in mind you need the parents in order to recruit the children characters.
    I have absolutely no idea what this means and I'm not googling it.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

To avoid spoilers for this game, it's similar to the FE4 Generation System, where you can have your units marry and produce offspring.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

9. - Top - End - #39
    Bugbear in the Playground

So, I'm replaying through FE 7 and I am uncertain who to use my Body Ring on. I'm leaning toward Lyn, but I do have a couple others I'm considering...anyone have any suggestions?
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    ...I like your style, Mr.Brains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren
    Meanwhile, the sorcerer is the HS dropout that ended up debt-free and founding Facebook.
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    :By Ceika
    :By Akrim.Elf

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ScrambledBrains View Post
    So, I'm replaying through FE 7 and I am uncertain who to use my Body Ring on. I'm leaning toward Lyn, but I do have a couple others I'm considering...anyone have any suggestions?
    Weapon speed goes by Con in FE7, right? I think Lyn would be a strong choice in that case, as it would let her actually use some weapons without being weighed down.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

11. - Top - End - #41

Weapon speed goes by Con in FE7, right? I think Lyn would be a strong choice in that case, as it would let her actually use some weapons without being weighed down.
    Therein lies my reasoning(and yeah, weapon speed goes by Con in FE7.). But there are others with low Con to consider(Pegasus Knights and Magic Users both come to mind, Nino especially.).
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

Meanwhile, the sorcerer is the HS dropout that ended up debt-free and founding Facebook.
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Therein lies my reasoning(and yeah, weapon speed goes by Con in FE7.). But there are others with low Con to consider(Pegasus Knights and Magic Users both come to mind, Nino especially.).
    I figure since you're more or less forced to use Lyn, you might as well make her useful.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

Lyn is a decent choice, but even with the Body Ring she still suffers pretty badly from low con. (Especially on the last map.) Still, it allows her to use Killer Bows and Killing Edges without a speed penalty... By that same token, Guy is another decent choice. If you plan on using any of the pegasus knights, they can all use the extra Con, though that does hurt their rescue stat. Athos or Canas might not be bad either, they can use the extra con for Luna's 12 weight or Nosferatu's 14 weight. Hector might be a decent option, just so that his speed doesn't get dropped as much by Armads. Same goes for Eliwood (though, like Lyn, the Durandal is much too heavy to counteract with just 2 Con. Losing 7 speed from it is rather painful. At least it's not as bad as the Sol Katti...)

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King View Post
    So, anyone got hacks they'd recommend/are waiting for?

Personally, I'd chuck a vote towards TactHack, if it'd get finished. At least the guy's releasing partial versions of it...

And I'm eagerly awaiting FE IV, since it wasn't just an April Fool's joke.

And from one of the screencaps he posted, there's a 4th page of stats... Which can only be a few things...
    There is always the amusing and offensive shenanigans of GhebFE/GhebSaga...

ChinaFE sounds like fun, but I'm not sure I want to be humbled by it. FE7if is supposed to be rather fun, and I do like the custom animations it has. I really need to play it. I rather enjoyed The Last Promise, cheesy voice acting notwithstanding, and the post game content is enjoyable/impressive from a hacking standpoint. I've actually thought about running a Let's Play of it, but every time I think of starting it I chicken out.

I remember reading about the FE4A April Fool's joke by Arch? (I think it was Arch). That was amusing. Especially a livestream video of someone playing it for the first time just after it was released. It is cool to see that someone is going to attempt to finish it.
    The New Soulknife Handbook!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    And there I was thinking that Midichlorian counts were a variety of force-sensitive hereditary noble- most notably Dooku.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Essentially what he's saying is that at some point in the game Sully can have a child...and if she's dead you havn't just lost Sully you've lost that future (vastly superior) child unit as well

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Huzzah! We've reached a second thread! And they said we were mad to try haha!

So, and this may have been asked before, what's everyone's favorite FE game and why?

My personal favorite is PoR, my first FE game with a good story, decent characters (no worrying about wasting a lot of time with a crappy unit...cept Sothe), good character growth (though I still havn't seen all the support convos because...soooo many playthroughs to do that), decent but not backbreaking difficulty, good length, and overall just a good jumping on point that remains my favorite to this day. Sure Awakening has some characters that amuse me more but you just can't beat your first one.
    Last edited by Jermell; 2014-03-14 at 05:35 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

I'd have to say Awakening is my new favorite. Before that is was PoR with FE7 as a close second. I started with FE7 and have played every localized game plus FE6.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

It really wasn't.

Losing Sully loses you:

Spoiler
    Show

A character.
    A mission.
    TONS of supports and dialog.
    The overwhelming majority of swearing in Nintendo's first party history.
    The game's single most obvious piece of lesbian supertext (Not Sully's. The other character you're missing out on's.) in the series, including Heather.
    A possible wife for Chrom.

Never let anyone die is my rule anyway, but losing someone as great as Sully makes you a bad person.

As for mods?

7x and Elibe nights both look good. Writing's solid so far, some interesting map gimmicks, expanded game mechanics...

Looking good right now, all I can say. Anticipating their final versions.

Better than GhebFE. Of course, gouging out my own eyes with a rusty spoon would still be better than GhebFE, so that ain't saying much.
    Last edited by chiasaur11; 2014-03-14 at 11:58 PM.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

18. - Top - End - #48

Fire Emblem Players of the Playground, I come to you seeking advice on something for Awakening:

In my current playthrough, I have paired my (Male) MU with Sully(Because Sully is awesome. ) and I am wondering what Male-Only skill will be best for my MU to pass down. Currently, I'm debating between Wrath and Counter, since unlike Axefaire, they always work(Okay, technically Wrath only works at low HP, but it's with all weapons, and not just one type.), and unlike Rally Strength, they don't make a waste of Morgan's or Kjelle's heightened stats.

(Side note: If I was going to make a Rally-Bot, it would be a DLC character.)

So, I turn to you, Playground...which skill is best to pass on in this scenario?

(Side side note: Sully's passing down Aegis.)
    Last edited by ScrambledBrains; 2014-03-16 at 10:55 PM.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Fire Emblem Players of the Playground, I come to you seeking advice on something for Awakening:

In my current playthrough, I have paired my (Male) MU with Sully(Because Sully is awesome. ) and I am wondering what Male-Only skill will be best for my MU to pass down. Currently, I'm debating between Wrath and Counter, since unlike Axefaire, they always work(Okay, technically Wrath only works at low HP, but it's with all weapons, and not just one type.), and unlike Rally Strength, they don't make a waste of Morgan's or Kjelle's heightened stats.

So, I turn to you, Playground...which skill is best to pass on in this scenario?

If you MUST pass down a male-exclusive ability (which aren't that great if you're not using axes) I'd say wrath...counter involves letting your units take tons of damage and just isn't worth it unless you're trying to troll someone via streetpass. I'd pass down something that just would be a pain to get like a healing ability. Kjelle with paivse and aegis is unkillably awesome by the way. Ideally you'd have galeforce, a healing ability, and a damaging ability. Then the rest are up to you.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

I recommend axefaire. Axes are cool, and have some of the highest damage weapons in the game. Plus, it's good for generals and heroes.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

Wrath is a solid choice. Wouldn't Sully's skill being passed down not be an issue, since FemMorgan would have access to all the female skills anyway? I suppose it would save on some grinding time, but it wouldn't be gone forever like a male skill.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

You're already giving her the best skill possible.

Still, give her Wrath over Counter, and Axefaire over Wrath. Minimize damage to self, and all.

Anyway, as an aside: I've been working on some FE related homebrew, as you can probably guess from my sig. Anyone got opinions/suggestions regarding it?
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

I wish they had added skills that let you use weapon groups that otherwise wouldn't be allowed on your current class.

Maybe...
    Sword: Swordmaster
    Axe: Berserker
    Lance: General (Or Halberdier if they bring that back)
    Bow: Sniper
    Tome: Sage
    Dark Tome: Sorcerer
    Staff: (Bring Back the) Bishop (Could also work for Light Tomes)

05107-66614
    62592-54117

24. - Top - End - #54

The 'faires should have done that, as I find them to be rather weak on their own (at least when you are 'required' to have limit breaker, recovery, armsthrift and galeforce)
    ~ZA

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ZeltArruin View Post
    The 'faires should have done that, as I find them to be rather weak on their own (at least when you are 'required' to have limit breaker, recovery, armsthrift and galeforce)
    Agreed.

I wouldn't mind having less multi weapon classes if you could use skills to get additional ones.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Update on my lunatic run. Sully remains dead. You may all cast rotten tomatoes and stones at your leisure.

All my other guys are alive and well. MU is a god, he hit level 20 in master tactician already, so I've made him a paladin now to get aegis. I'm waiting to recruit his kid because I had him marry Lissa (just ) and I want to get gale force on her before I pick up Morgan or Owain.

Lucina got rally move because I'm a failure at life, but her stats are godly anyway. She's ten levels behind Chrom and her only worse stat is defense.

Henry, for reasons unclear to me, has decided to hack the RNG. He's averaging 6 stats a level and had 3 perfect levels in a row. Sadly, his base speed is so low that he still can't double attack most of the enemies.

Nowi is a goddess and I'm going to recruit her kid soon and murder things with double dragons. Any suggestions for a Nowi reclass? She just hit 30 in manakete and I'm not sure what to do with her next.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2014-03-20 at 11:12 AM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Update on my lunatic run. Sully remains dead. You may all cast rotten tomatoes and stones at your leisure.

All my other guys are alive and well. MU is a god, he hit level 20 in master tactician already, so I've made him a paladin now to get aegis. I'm waiting to recruit his kid because I had him marry Lissa (just ) and I want to get gale force on her before I pick up Morgan or Owain.

Lucina got rally move because I'm a failure at life, but her stats are godly anyway. She's ten levels behind Chrom and her only worse stat is defense.

Henry, for reasons unclear to me, has decided to hack the RNG. He's averaging 6 stats a level and had 3 perfect levels in a row. Sadly, his base speed is so low that he still can't double attack most of the enemies.

Nowi is a goddess and I'm going to recruit her kid soon and murder things with double dragons. Any suggestions for a Nowi reclass? She just hit 30 in manakete and I'm not sure what to do with her next.
    Nowi has to sit on the sidelines in my army for reasons...
    http://www.awkwardzombie.com/index.php?comic=040813

05107-66614
    62592-54117

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Nowi has to sit on the sidelines in my army for reasons...
    http://www.awkwardzombie.com/index.php?comic=040813
    I'll just have to take the risk. Dragon murder power too strong.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

First I'd be happy to chuck rotten stones at you but that's for some other time. Second Henry is clearly too awesome to be held back by the random number god and with a speedwing or 2 he should be one of your best (non avatar) spellcasters.

For a Nowi reclass I'd say Dark Knight (either skill would be awesome but tomebreaker especially since magic is op) or wyvren lord (either skill would be okay to pass on I guess).

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jermell View Post
    First I'd be happy to chuck rotten stones at you but that's for some other time. Second Henry is clearly too awesome to be held back by the random number god and with a speedwing or 2 he should be one of your best (non avatar) spellcasters.

For a Nowi reclass I'd say Dark Knight (either skill would be awesome but tomebreaker especially since magic is op) or wyvren lord (either skill would be okay to pass on I guess).
    Dark knight is slow burn and life taker. I think tome breaker is sorcerer, which I'll take under advisement.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes