New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing VI: This Isn't A Checklist, We Swear!

Quote Originally Posted by Socksy View Post
    Svata, your avatar is adorable. Fire elemental or Omnimental?:3
    Fire Elemental
    Copy this to your signature if you love Jade_Tarem, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    A 20th-level fighter should be able to break rainbows in half with their bare hands and then dual-wield the parts of the rainbow.

Dual-wield the rainbow. Taste the rainbow.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing VI: This Isn't A Checklist, We Swear!

* The house cat is no longer allowed to handle any kind of magic wand that could lead to arson.
    ** The house cat is also forbidden to rack up a higher kill count than the druid and wizard combined.
    *** Murdering everyone in a library by arson after absorbing a copy of the book you needed is not a True Neutral act for your cat PC! It's Brainiac with fur and claws!
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

3. - Top - End - #393
    Firbolg in the Playground

* No longer allowed to use one spell to track every object of monetary value with GPS-like precision.
    ** Especially not allowed to track everything without monetary value.
    *** Using the spell to become an information broker is fine though.
    **** No, I'm not allowed to become the CIA.
    ***** Nor the NSA.
    ****** And no I'm not allowed to recreate the show Big Brother in a form more true to the phrase.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ksheep View Post
    **** Ditto for Inspector Clouseau

***** Nor can I be Inspector Gadget

****** Johny English is also disallowed

******* I may not be Inspector Lestrade, Inspector Gregson, Inspector Hopkins, Watson, or any other character from Sherlock Holmes

******** I may not be Hercule Poirot, Charlie Chan, Guy Noir, Adrian Monk, Eddie Valiant, Ace Ventura, or any other fictional detective, police officer, private eye, or other similar character, regardless of aptitude.
    ********* sugesting batman will get me shot, as well as robin or nightwing

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by iceman10058 View Post
    ********* sugesting batman will get me shot, as well as robin or nightwing
    ********** If I suggest to play any Agatha Christie characters, I'm thrown through the window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    The Joker is supposed to be a nightmarish figure, the culmination of all things despicable and horrible about mankind. Of course he's a hipster.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

annoyed Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing VI: This Isn't A Checklist, We Swear!

My players are no longer allowed to cast Detect Object to find the nearest lead barrier, in order to find the object hidden by said barrier from such spells.
    Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha
    Fates I think you are a psychotic genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand
    Fates, you are a god amongst men. Like, the god of bad luck.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fates View Post
    My players are no longer allowed to cast Detect Object to find the nearest lead barrier, in order to find the object hidden by said barrier from such spells.
    That's genius though! :D

** Cannot cast non-detection spells on the barrier and turn it invisible to watch them all smack into it and laugh, regardless how much my villain loves irony
    Spoiler: Extended Signature
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    All things considered, the guy whose character attacked a gazebo may have actually had a point...
    Quote Originally Posted by Anlashok View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sideswipe View Post
    ban the problem spells and the problem classes. not the whole book.
    So.. Keep the bard?
    Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post
    The only thing worse than a Beholder with an anti-magic cone is a Beholder without the anti-magic cone.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Baaa, I can think! Baaa, I can't see in the dark!

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socksy View Post
    That's genius though! :D

** Cannot cast non-detection spells on the barrier and turn it invisible to watch them all smack into it and laugh, regardless how much my villain loves irony
    ***I may not cover the lead barrier with iron sheeting to increase the irony rating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Dwarf Fortress would like to have a word with you. The word is decorated with bands of microcline and meanaces with spikes of rose gold. On the word is an image of the word in cinnabar.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    This is an image of Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses engraved in sandstone. Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses is leaving Trotknives. Trotknives is on fire and full of goblins. This image refers to the destruction of Trotknives in late winter of 109 by Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses.

9. - Top - End - #399

SwashbucklerGuy

* I may not run a Call of Cthulhu game with Batman, Indiana Jones, James Bond, Tom Riddle, and Dr Who as the PCs
    ** When the player playing James Bond decides to go with the Sean Connery version of Bond, I should not be surprised when Indy says "You remind me of my father"
    *** When Tom Riddle thinks the Doctor is a wizard, and the Doctor thinks Tom is an alien with advanced technology of some sort, it would be best for me to just watch the hilarity that ensues
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

**** When Batman solves the puzzle, defeats Riddle before he goes full Voldemort (Don't go full Voldemort), and still goes unseen, I am not to complain.
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by u/s_SoNick
    Dr Mog: Hey, spiffy new threads you got there Tyro.

Tyro: Pie jesu domine smacks book against forehead Dona eis requiem

11. - Top - End - #401
    Dwarf in the Playground

What exactly constitutes "going full Voldemort"? Does it involve losing your nose?

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

Going full Voldemort may cause any of the following side effects: Ophidiphilia, loss of nose, a raspy whispering voice, an inability for other people to properly say your actor's name, being defeated by a seventeen year old kid, overly complicated plans, an inability to be lied to, and hair loss.
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by u/s_SoNick
    Dr Mog: Hey, spiffy new threads you got there Tyro.

Tyro: Pie jesu domine smacks book against forehead Dona eis requiem

13. - Top - End - #403
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GPuzzle View Post
    ********** If I suggest to play any Agatha Christie characters, I'm thrown through the window.
    *********** Including the murderers, unless I'm GMing a mystery campaign.
    Awesome avatar by I♥P&P!

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jurai View Post
    Going full Voldemort may cause any of the following side effects: Ophidiphilia, loss of nose, a raspy whispering voice, an inability for other people to properly say your actor's name, being defeated by a seventeen year old kid, overly complicated plans, an inability to be lied to, and hair loss.
    I prefer to go super-psion.
    The Joker is supposed to be a nightmarish figure, the culmination of all things despicable and horrible about mankind. Of course he's a hipster.

15. - Top - End - #405

SwashbucklerGuy

* I may not strive to give Murder-Hobos a bad name
    ** Nor may I strive to give them a good name
    *** I may not strive to give Murder-Hobos any sort of name

On a related note, I am no longer allowed to refer to the Adventurers as "Murder-Hobos"… especially in the presence of the King.
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

16. - Top - End - #406

Quote Originally Posted by Jurai View Post
    Don't go full Voldemort
    * Not allowed to experiment in going fractional Voldemort just to cherry-pick how much mort I want before I lose my nose.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

17. - Top - End - #407

* No longer allowed to draw smiley faces on the worldmaps of several connected planes of existence by spamming the Precipitate Planar Breach spell.
    ** No (explative deleted)s either!

18. - Top - End - #408

*When the DM says we're going to play a campaign in which we'll be mostly encountering undead, I may not play a necromancer.
    **I may not attempt to resolve the "undead problem" diplomatically.
    ***Nor may I solo encounters that the DM intended to challenge the entire party.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alex12 View Post
    *When the DM says we're going to play a campaign in which we'll be mostly encountering undead, I may not play a necromancer.
    **I may not attempt to resolve the "undead problem" diplomatically.
    ***Nor may I solo encounters that the DM intended to challenge the entire party.
    ****Aumanator is dead, buried, and I've never heard of him.

(Necessary 4e info to understand that: The Paragon Path Morninglord's level 16 feature is "slap vulnerability 10 radiant when you hit on an enemy with a radiant power, but it requires worshipping Aumanator)

20. - Top - End - #410

Quote Originally Posted by Alex12 View Post
    ** Playing an evil cleric and/or Dread Lich with a wand of Desecrate is likewise banned.
    Show

All things considered, the guy whose character attacked a gazebo may have actually had a point...
    So.. Keep the bard?
    The only thing worse than a Beholder with an anti-magic cone is a Beholder without the anti-magic cone.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Barbarian in the Playground

*My first solution to all my problems should not be 20 pounds of plastic explosives.
    **The first time is clever, but after that I will have to start explaining where I got it from, and "I made it," is not a good enough answer unless a skill check was involved. Then it's shaky at best.
    ***My plan for distracting the BBEG is not to burst through the door blasting Rock of Ages as loud as I can, destroying any dramatic tension the DM was trying to create, and just plainly walk up to them and engage them in a monolog. (And yes, I did just watch Season 5 of Supernatural. What ever gave it away?)
    Amazing avatar by Ceika
    “A player is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisly when the plot dictates he should.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf DW View Post
    You're the Stalin of dice!

22. - Top - End - #412

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Bonkosi View Post
    *My first solution to all my problems should not be 20 pounds of plastic explosives.
    ** Not allowed to be a smart-arse and say my second solution is 40 pounds of plastic explosives.
    *** Using real-world logic such as burning plastic explosives to cook your food is okay. Using TV logic such as beating a detonator with a rock to set off a nuke is not.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

23. - Top - End - #413
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

** Not allowed to be a smart-arse and say my second solution is 40 pounds of plastic explosives.
    *** Using real-world logic such as burning plastic explosives to cook your food is okay. Using TV logic such as beating a detonator with a rock to set off a nuke is not.
    ****Using a bathtub full of explosives to end a campaign, while awesome, is right out.

24. - Top - End - #414

Quote Originally Posted by Slipperychicken View Post
    ****Using a bathtub full of explosives to end a campaign, while awesome, is right out.
    *****Filling an ice-skating rink with enough explosives to blow up Hastur, and doing so while blaring the Canadian national anthem in a grand suicidal ploy is both permissible and friggin' awesome.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

25. - Top - End - #415
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    *****Filling an ice-skating rink with enough explosives to blow up Hastur, and doing so while blaring the Canadian national anthem in a grand suicidal ploy is both permissible and friggin' awesome.
    ****** If any of my characters, for any reason, utters the phrase "'air eh namblies be keepin' me wee men," the campaign immediately ends, and the DM will lose all respect for me, and punch me.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

26. - Top - End - #416
    Orc in the Playground

*It is considered bad manners to interrupt the villain's monologue with a fit of hysterical laughter.
    **Even if what prompted this was the phrase 'I cannot allow you to go any further'
    ***Even though I just murdered 3/4 of his army to get here.
    ****Even though he only brought two guys to protect him and he himself is a noncombatant.
    Currently DMing: Final Fantasy RPG 3e, Pokémon Tabletop United

27. - Top - End - #417
    Barbarian in the Playground

*I am no longer allowed to interrupt any monologues by mooning the entire room.
    **On the incredibly unlikely yet fortuitous event that one member of the group doesn't understand what mooning is, I am not to demonstrate.
    ***Bearing the above in mind, no more illusionists.

28. - Top - End - #418

* Major Creation, Create Water, and Teleport are never, ever allowed to be the three spells in my Spell Sequencer. Ever.
    Last edited by Socksy; 2014-04-24 at 11:53 AM.
    Show

So.. Keep the bard?

29. - Top - End - #419

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by GPuzzle View Post
    I prefer to go super-psion.
    Read the sig.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Orc in the Playground

*It is not professional to flirt with the other running group's troll in front of your principal.
    **No matter the size of her gun.

*Taking the Paranoia drawback is a fun roleplaying opportunity.
    **Taking a Sleep Regulator implant (which causes paranoia), while amusing, is not necessarily a good idea.
    ***Taking the Addiction: Jazz (which ALSO causes paranoia) drawback is probably not at all a good idea.
    ****Especially since Wired Reflexes ALSO makes you twitchy and paranoid.
    *****I am to remember that combining these traits in a hypercompetent gunslinger with a nigh-superhuman aptitude for anything with a trigger is very likely to end up with somebody getting shot over a misunderstanding.
    ******Not allowed to base a character on crippling paranoia again.

*If the character can reliably plant a bullet down another gun's barrel, it's time to retire him.

*No, I am not allowed to commission a fully-automatic assault cannon. Even if it would be hilarious.

*Constructing a 'gun rack' drone that can be worn on my back and hand me guns when I need them is a useful, innovative idea.
    **Attempting to make use of the 'arm' drone modification to create a machine to wield all my guns at once will get books thrown at my head.
    ***Especially if my ridiculous dice pool means I can still hit.
    Currently DMing: Final Fantasy RPG 3e, Pokémon Tabletop United