New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing VI: This Isn't A Checklist, We Swear!

* No longer allowed to use a combination of Spell Storing items, spell storing spells, and Craft Contingent Spells to carry more readied spells that the Wizard.
    ** Especially not as a Fighter.
    *** Extra especially not as a Wizard myself.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing VI: This Isn't A Checklist, We Swear!

Quote Originally Posted by Socksy View Post
    * Major Creation, Create Water, and Teleport are never, ever allowed to be the three spells in my Spell Sequencer. Ever.
    **No longer allowed to use Major Creation to create anything not described in the rulebooks.
    ***No longer allowed to use Major Creation to create anything not described in the Core.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

* Before trying to enact a cunning plan to disable/kill some enemies, I should read the rulebook to see if there are already rules on what would take place when I do it
    ** Especially if the plan is to open the airlock while in deep space
    *** I should not be surprised when there ARE rules for this eventuality
    **** Nor should I be surprised when the rules state "Roll all the dice. Yes, all of them. All dice at, on, or near the table. Everyone in the ship takes that much damage."
    ***** I should not be surprised when people throw books at my head due to my single-handedly turning a simple encounter into a TPK…
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Troll in the Playground

*Choosing to spend my starting acquisition in a low powered Rogue Trader game on thirty combat servitors with heavy weapons and chainaxes will get dice thrown at me.
    **Especially if the ones I pick as my personal guard use my weapon skills and ballistic skill.
    ***I do not get an extra vote in party decisions for each servitor.
    ****Strong-arming the party into doing what I want by pointing at the servitors and maybe threats is frowned on.
    Sanity is nice to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Orc in the Playground

*The DM making a houserule that cantrips and orisons are at-will is supposed to be an early-level helping hand to caster classes. It is not an invitation for abuse.
    **Not allowed to point out that Gargantuan crossbow bolts are a material component of Launch Bolt that costs less than 1 gp, and therefore a valid target for Eschew Materials.
    ***If I am consistently outdamaging the orc fighter at level 1 as a wizard, something is wrong.
    Currently DMing: Final Fantasy RPG 3e, Pokémon Tabletop United

6. - Top - End - #426
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Loxagn View Post
    *Constructing a 'gun rack' drone that can be worn on my back and hand me guns when I need them is a useful, innovative idea.
    I ran a campaign where the party dragon had one of those built for him. Banned the idea of having the drone carry his minigun.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

7. - Top - End - #427
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ksheep View Post
    * Before trying to enact a cunning plan to disable/kill some enemies, I should read the rulebook to see if there are already rules on what would take place when I do it
    ** Especially if the plan is to open the airlock while in deep space
    *** I should not be surprised when there ARE rules for this eventuality
    **** Nor should I be surprised when the rules state "Roll all the dice. Yes, all of them. All dice at, on, or near the table. Everyone in the ship takes that much damage."
    ***** I should not be surprised when people throw books at my head due to my single-handedly turning a simple encounter into a TPK…
    Let me guess: the Serenity RPG?

*If it takes me more than 15 minutes to reconfigure my powers, I don't get to keep them anymore.
    **Even if I can reconfigure the variable array in less than 15 minutes, if I can't also explain to the GM what the new configuration actually DOES in less than 5 minutes, I can't keep them.
    ***You know what? No more variable power arrays. For anyone.
    Before you ask, I didn't know what it meant when I put it in my username. Do NOT ask.

8. - Top - End - #428

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    **No longer allowed to use Major Creation to create anything not described in the rulebooks.
    ***No longer allowed to use Major Creation to create anything not described in the Core.
    **** "Metal" means "Transition metal" and not "Group 1 metal"
    Spoiler: Extended Signature
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    All things considered, the guy whose character attacked a gazebo may have actually had a point...
    Quote Originally Posted by Anlashok View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sideswipe View Post
    ban the problem spells and the problem classes. not the whole book.
    So.. Keep the bard?
    Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post
    The only thing worse than a Beholder with an anti-magic cone is a Beholder without the anti-magic cone.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Baaa, I can think! Baaa, I can't see in the dark!

9. - Top - End - #429

*I may not invest all my rank in Knowledge: TV Tropes
    **I cannot use this skill to reference a trope and get my enemy to look it up, forcing him to waste hours on the computer rather than plan.
    ***Especially if the term is a trope detailing ways villains fail.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

10. - Top - End - #430
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    *I may not invest all my rank in Knowledge: TV Tropes
    **Not to point out that Bard 1 grants Know: TVtropes as a class feature.
    Last edited by toapat; 2014-04-25 at 10:03 AM.
    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

Drow avatar @ myself

11. - Top - End - #431

Quote Originally Posted by toapat View Post
    *** Not to point out that it gets Prof: TVtropes either.
    **** That the DM gets Craft: TV tropes is expected.
    ***** Still not allowed to point it out.

12. - Top - End - #432

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by toapat View Post
    I thought this was a given.

*Not allowed to build a dwarven frenzied berserker.
    **Not allowed to build a ballista that the dwarf can fit into.
    ***Not allowed to find a way to mount the dwarf-apult onto the back of the half-orc tank.
    ****Orc may not take Exotic Weapon Proficiency with dwarf-apult, nor may use Monkey Grip to reduce the penalties for its use.
    *****There will be no clerics on hand to heal the dwarf back to normal health after his deathless frenzy
    ******Using the dwarf-apult setup against the party will have the entire group rage-quit.

Man, I loved that setup.
    Last edited by illyahr; 2014-04-25 at 11:43 AM.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Orc in the Playground

*Creating a pyromancer is fine.
    **Creating a pyromancer with ranks in Perform (Vocal) and an interest in glassblowing? Also fine.
    ***Giving this pyromancer a backstory where he's been terrified of his powers and losing control for years since an accident where he hurt a family member? Okay, that's a nice motivation.
    ****Having a panic attack and running away when his secret gets out is understandable, I guess...
    *****Yes, the DM does, in fact, see what I just did there with the castle of glass thing. He is not amused.
    ******No. Not allowed to play a character that is in essence 'Frozen, but Fire'.
    *******Or water.
    ********If at any point in any character's career it becomes clear that they are essentially 'Frozen, but X', they are vetoed. Retroactively.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground

* No, you may not build a Snowman.
    ** Or a Lava Golem.
    *** Or anything.
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by u/s_SoNick
    Dr Mog: Hey, spiffy new threads you got there Tyro.

Tyro: Pie jesu domine smacks book against forehead Dona eis requiem

15. - Top - End - #435

Quote Originally Posted by Jurai View Post
    * No, you may not build a Snowman.
    ** Or a Lava Golem.
    *** Or anything.
    **** It doesn't have to be a snowman.

Edit: ***** Not allowed to build a Snow Golem with a Shapechange SLA with the justification that it does not in point of fact have to be a snowman..
    Last edited by unseenmage; 2014-04-25 at 02:42 PM.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Orc in the Playground

*My A.T. Tactician is free to utilize high-risk-high-reward stratagems all he likes. He is not, however, allowed to point this out to his commanding officer.
    **I am, however, supposed to exhibit at least a modicum of sympathy when the DM's angel fight goes from 'TPK' to 'taking on Ramiel alone and winning' in one turn because of a lucky Synch Disruption roll.
    *When being questioned by the NERV psychologists as to my psychological health following a potentially dangerous oversynch, I am not to reply snarkily: "Honestly, it was only a little bit of my soul. It'll grow back!"
    **No longer allowed to snark during any official debriefings.
    *Saving my teammate from dying via positron blast and then killing the angel with a telekinetically-thrown prog spear is cool.
    **Strutting around for the next week and a half is not.
    ***Not allowed to act offended when said teammate gets me nothing for Christmas.

*The Berserker's official title is Pilot Ramos, not 'The Distraction'.
    *The Skirmisher's title is Lieutenant Li, not 'that smug b***h from Korea'
    *The correct way to request backup from the Pointman is 'Hektor, cover me' not 'do your job, meatshield'.
    *The Bridge Bunnies have names, even if the DM has not given them.
    **No, they do not automatically default to 'Tweedle Dee' and 'Tweedle Dum'.
    *I am to refer to the Fourth Angel by its numerical designation or as Shamshel. Not 'Shammy', not 'Big Red', and certainly not 'Mr. Red Lobster Tickle-Ribs'.
    **By the same token, the Fifth Angel is named Ramiel. Not 'The Blue Meanie'.
    ***No more nicknames. For anyone.
    ****Not allowed to nickname objects, either.

*Yes, the MAGI computer system is ludicrously expensive and an integral part of the running of NERV.
    **No, we are not 'just going to scrap it and put in an actual computer'.
    ***Even if the MAGI intelligence rolls have thus far comprehensively failed to give us useful information thus far.

*Even if I can teleport, become ethereal, remake local reality in my image, and shoot lightning out of my face, I am not a wizard and am not to insist that I am in earshot of any of the administrative staff.
    **No, they do not make Evangelion-Scale 'wizzard' hats.

17. - Top - End - #437

-Snip-
    .. What system is that exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by PhallicWarrior View Post
    *If it takes me more than 15 minutes to reconfigure my powers, I don't get to keep them anymore.
    **Even if I can reconfigure the variable array in less than 15 minutes, if I can't also explain to the GM what the new configuration actually DOES in less than 5 minutes, I can't keep them.
    ***You know what? No more variable power arrays. For anyone.
    Yay for heroes... However you really should be prebuilding powers, I like to have a folder.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

Life is Hectic.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Titan in the Playground

* The verbal component to Fly is not "Lakipo nacriffs crumpet leech."
    ** The verbal component to Baleful Polymorph is not "Filigree apogee pedigree perigee."
    *** The verbal component to Teleport is not "Hellbore henbane, aconite, glowworm glow and firefly light."
    **** The verbal component to Animate Objects is not "Treguna mekoides trecorum satis dee."
    ***** I am no longer allowed to watch Disney movies before selecting spells for my character. I may have done so this evening.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

19. - Top - End - #439

SwashbucklerGuy

* I may not build a dungeon based on Thomas Was Alone
    ** Nor may I build a dungeon based on VVVVVVV
    *** The same goes for Super Meat Boy
    **** I may not build an encounter based on The Stanley Parable
    ***** I may not build a campaign based around Monaco
    ****** I may not even thing about building a campaign based on Amnesia
    ******* Building a game around Shelter might be OK…
    ******** On second thought, no. No basing games, sessions, encounters, dungeons, or anything else on any video games (especially indie games)
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

*Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

20. - Top - End - #440

* Making a Catfolk into a Lich is fine.
    ** Using the boost to INT to give her a newfound interest in physics is dubious.
    *** Having her kill and raise undead armies of other Catfolk by spewing facts about physics is right out.
    **** She's not a nekomancer.

* If my character's backstory and goals are at any time comparable to Itachi Uchiha's, they're vetoed.

Also, Euleia, the Log-A-Rhythmic bard I mentioned before, just took her first level of druid. Natural Logarithm! I'm so proud of my horrible pun joke character.
    Spoiler: Extended Signature
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    All things considered, the guy whose character attacked a gazebo may have actually had a point...
    Quote Originally Posted by Anlashok View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sideswipe View Post
    ban the problem spells and the problem classes. not the whole book.
    So.. Keep the bard?
    Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post
    The only thing worse than a Beholder with an anti-magic cone is a Beholder without the anti-magic cone.
    Baaa, I can think! Baaa, I can't see in the dark!

21. - Top - End - #441
    Titan in the Playground

* Making a Catfolk into a Lich is fine.
    ** Using the boost to INT to give her a newfound interest in physics is dubious.
    *** Having her kill and raise undead armies of other Catfolk by spewing facts about physics is right out.
    **** She's not a nekomancer.
    I laughed entirely too hard on this. This brings me to my tangent on the matter:

* Having a Catfolk artificer is fine
    ** "Reinventing" the unlimited power source* of buttered toast strapped to a house cat for anti gravity rotation is right out
    *** NO you don't get to catch a house cat as power source for your golems

*: Explanation for those unaware: http://static.themetapicture.com/med...ite-energy.jpg

22. - Top - End - #442
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    .. What system is that exactly?
    Adeptus Evangelion. Our group is quite fond of it.

23. - Top - End - #443

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    * The verbal component to Fly is not "Lakipo nacriffs crumpet leech."
    ** The verbal component to Baleful Polymorph is not "Filigree apogee pedigree perigee."
    *** The verbal component to Teleport is not "Hellbore henbane, aconite, glowworm glow and firefly light."
    **** The verbal component to Animate Objects is not "Treguna mekoides trecorum satis dee."
    ***** I am no longer allowed to watch Disney movies before selecting spells for my character. I may have done so this evening.
    Someone's been watching Bedknobs and Broomsticks.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

* I am no longer allowed to kill every single NPC that a PC forms an emotional attachment with
    ** Nor may I psychologically break them all with mental and/or physical torture
    *** I can't make them fall to evil either
    **** If the BBEG turns out to be one of the PC's father I deserve the books thrown at me

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ogre in the Playground

mad Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing VI: This Isn't A Checklist, We Swear!

Quote Originally Posted by Ksheep View Post
    * I may not build a dungeon based on Thomas Was Alone
    ** Nor may I build a dungeon based on VVVVVVV
    *** The same goes for Super Meat Boy
    **** I may not build an encounter based on The Stanley Parable
    ***** I may not build a campaign based around Monaco
    ****** I may not even thing about building a campaign based on Amnesia
    ******* Building a game around Shelter might be OK…
    ******** On second thought, no. No basing games, sessions, encounters, dungeons, or anything else on any video games (especially indie games)
    ********* I Wanna be the Guy is right out.
    Copy this to your signature if you love Jade_Tarem, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    A 20th-level fighter should be able to break rainbows in half with their bare hands and then dual-wield the parts of the rainbow.

Dual-wield the rainbow. Taste the rainbow.

26. - Top - End - #446

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Svata View Post
    ********* I Wanna be the Guy is right out.
    ********** The same goes for I Wanna Be The Guy: Gaiden

*It does.*

What.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Banned

**Not allowed to point out that Gargantuan crossbow bolts are a material component of Launch Bolt that costs less than 1 gp, and therefore a valid target for Eschew Materials.
    ***When people try to do this, I must point out that damage is determined by Crossbow size, not bolt size, and the Launch Bolt cantrip specifies it deals damage as a Light Crossbow. d8 only, buddy.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Titan in the Playground

* If my character's backstory and goals are at any time comparable to Itachi Uchiha's, they're vetoed.
    * If my character's methods and personality are at any time comparable to Danzo Shimura's, I should not expect mercy from the party Paladin.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

29. - Top - End - #449

*Just because I can fit a gnome or Halfling into my extradimensional storage space, doesn't mean I should.
    **Even if he's okay with it.
    ***Even if he was the one who suggested it in the first place.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Titan in the Playground

* Yes you can play an Ultramarine.
    ** You want him to be insane? thats acceptable...
    *** his insanity taking the form of a speech impediment and delusion that makes him go "OH HAI, ME ULTRASMURF SPESS MAHREEN, I ALWAYS FOLLOW DA CODE-AX MADE BY ROWBOAT GIRLYMAN, LET US CHARGE IN WITH HONARR, WE ARE DA BEST MAHREENS!" however is not.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".