New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing VI: This Isn't A Checklist, We Swear!

*Cannot remind the Playground of that babe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    The Joker is supposed to be a nightmarish figure, the culmination of all things despicable and horrible about mankind. Of course he's a hipster.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing VI: This Isn't A Checklist, We Swear!

Quote Originally Posted by GPuzzle View Post
    ** Cannot start that again.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

3. - Top - End - #543
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    ** Cannot start that again.
    *** When asked what I want to do, I may not reply with "I dunno, what do you want to do"
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

4. - Top - End - #544

* No such skill as Knowledge: Geometry, and even if there was, having five ranks in Knowledge: The Planes certainly would not grant a +2 synergy bonus.
    ** Knowledge: The Planes won't help with Craft: Engineering, Fly, or Profession: Pilot either.
    Spoiler: Extended Signature
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    All things considered, the guy whose character attacked a gazebo may have actually had a point...
    Quote Originally Posted by Anlashok View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sideswipe View Post
    ban the problem spells and the problem classes. not the whole book.
    So.. Keep the bard?
    Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post
    The only thing worse than a Beholder with an anti-magic cone is a Beholder without the anti-magic cone.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Baaa, I can think! Baaa, I can't see in the dark!

5. - Top - End - #545
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ksheep View Post
    *** When asked what I want to do, I may not reply with "I dunno, what do you want to do"
    **** Cannot turn a Labyrinth reference into a Disney reference.
    ***** Doubleplus ungood points for turning either into a Monty Python reference.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

6. - Top - End - #546
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zombie

*I am no longer allowed to use Will-o-Wisps captured in a bottle as a light source...
    "Save your tears, my fetid friends, the dead have Wept enough!"
    The Tears of Blood Campaign Setting Updated 15 Dec 2019
    From the Tears of Blood GiTP Forums 2004-09: "20 million dead. Whatcha gonna do with 20 million dead? You can’t bury ‘em, no time or energy to dig the graves. You could chuck ‘em somewhere out of the way. Or you could burn ‘em. But, but what if those things angered someone, or put a bad curse on 'em? Maybe gettin’ rid of ‘em is better. Just a thought. Hey, you could help us!"

7. - Top - End - #547

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    **** Cannot turn a Labyrinth reference into a Disney reference.
    ***** Doubleplus ungood points for turning either into a Monty Python reference.
    Funnily enough, I was really tempted to make it a Monty Python reference, but decided to settle on The Jungle Book instead…
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

*Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Titan in the Playground

* I may not point out that equines only have dichromatic vision, which severely limits the colors that they can see
    ** I may not point out the irony that is bright pastel colored equines which can only see a muted palate of colors
    Yeahhhh, limiting Magical Ponies of Girliness +10TM to the details of Tellus* equine biology seems highly dubious. They can already talk and pick stuff up with their hooves, what difference does it make to assume their cones can see a few more colors?

*The Latin name for the planet on which we all currently reside; I'm sure you'll all agree that "Earth" is just needlessly confusing here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in · "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" · Use of gray may indicate nitpicking · Green is sincerity

9. - Top - End - #549
    Firbolg in the Playground

**** Also not allowed to respond, "Same thing we do every night Pinky."
    ***** Definitely not, "Do you want to build a snowman?" (My children are hating me right now as every time they ask me a question about anything I'm responding with this one. )

10. - Top - End - #550

Quote Originally Posted by GPuzzle View Post
    What is "that babe"?

Is it a reference to a TV show?

11. - Top - End - #551

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Graypairofsocks View Post
    What is "that babe"?

Is it a reference to a TV show?
    It is a reference to this song from The Labyrinth.

*It does.*

What.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Troll in the Playground

*Eating an attribute tome does not give it effects
    **Can not invest ranks in Profession: Gourmet Chef or Sous Chef exclusively to develop the perfect sauce for serving on said tome
    ***can not quest for the exotic ingredients needed to properly season the sauce
    ****This quest can not involve a 6 week sidequest that involves killing 3 different dragons, a lich, and a pheonix.
    *****Can not complain IC that i served myself a cold, woody tasting sauce.
    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

Drow avatar @ myself

13. - Top - End - #553

* Nowhere in my character description should the phrase "non-Euclidean beauty" appear.
    Show

All things considered, the guy whose character attacked a gazebo may have actually had a point...
    So.. Keep the bard?
    The only thing worse than a Beholder with an anti-magic cone is a Beholder without the anti-magic cone.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socksy View Post
    * Nowhere in my character description should the phrase "non-Euclidean beauty" appear.
    ** Or "non-Euclidean" anything, really.
    *** Any more specific descriptions of nose, eyes, hair, or other body parts using this term is very thoroughly banned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in · "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" · Use of gray may indicate nitpicking · Green is sincerity

15. - Top - End - #555

*I may no longer skin any humanoid foes we defeat.
    **I definitely may not wear said skins around town.
    ***Having a high enough Bluff skill that when asked I respond with "It's a very rare skin condition that I'm insecure about, and frankly you should be ashamed for bringing it up" and people believe me is way out.

16. - Top - End - #556

* Cannot switch the Potion of Cure Serious Wounds and the Oil of Fiery Burning's containers.
    Show

So.. Keep the bard?

17. - Top - End - #557

Quote Originally Posted by Socksy View Post
    * Cannot switch the Potion of Cure Serious Wounds and the Oil of Fiery Burning's containers.
    **A potion of inflict serious wounds is obviously and visibly different from a potion of cure serious wounds and I should stop preying on the party's inability to actually tell them apart when they refuse to play casters.

18. - Top - End - #558
    Titan in the Playground

*Not allowed to prepare Earthquake in an Underdark adventure.

19. - Top - End - #559

*If I'm completely immune to everything an enemy could possibly do to inconvenience me, that doesn't mean I shouldn't contribute.
    **Especially when I'm the only one in the party with said immunity.
    ***No matter how funny it would be to just let the enemy flail uselessly at me until such time as I get bored.

20. - Top - End - #560
    Titan in the Playground

* My first response to the DM allowing the Book of Erotic Fantasy should not be to abuse the incredibly-ill-thought-out duration of the Cursed Orgasm spell.
    ** The DM doesn't care that "it won't kill most of them for at least a few years," spamming Cursed Orgasm on random teenagers will turn my character Evil immediately.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

21. - Top - End - #561

DruidGuy

*** May not abuse that undress spell. A victory against a nude knight is dishonorable.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Titan in the Playground

*** Pointing out that the Jealousy spell is "all the fun of Cursed Orgasm, but castable on children so it doesn't kill them for at least a decade" will cause me to be forever banned from playing spellcasters.
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2014-05-05 at 05:19 AM.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

23. - Top - End - #563

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    * My first response to the DM allowing the Book of Erotic Fantasy should not be to abuse the incredibly-ill-thought-out duration of the Cursed Orgasm spell.
    ** The DM doesn't care that "it won't kill most of them for at least a few years," spamming Cursed Orgasm on random teenagers will turn my character Evil immediately.
    ***Cursed Orgasm is not to be used in conjunction with Grope, no matter how well you aim it.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

24. - Top - End - #564
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Loxagn View Post
    For god's sake, man, you've just crushed another human being's soul.
    Things my brother and I have been banned from doing to crush a GM's soul:
    (We've actually done these)

• Reenacting Monty Python's Dead Parrot sketch with the party's recently slain wizard.
    • Creating rival rogue characters based on Miguel and Tulio from Road to El Dorado.
    • Having our characters do the Ginyu Force pose before combat.
    • LARPing the Ginyu Force pose before combat.

Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    * Also not allowed to respond, "Same thing we do every night Pinky."
    * No longer allowed to turn to my brother and ask 'Are you pondering what I'm pondering?' in a deep voice.
    ** My brother is no longer allowed to respond with 'I think so brain, but we'll never convince the DM to put on pantyhose for that trick.'
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2014-05-05 at 07:59 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

25. - Top - End - #565

SwashbucklerGuy

Things my brother and I have been banned from doing to crush a GM's soul:
    (We've actually done these)

• Creating rival rogue characters based on Miguel and Tulio from Road to El Dorado.
    Of course not. Miguel and Tulio would be a Rogue and a Bard, not a pair of Rogues…

*It does.*

What.

26. - Top - End - #566
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by vasharanpaladin View Post
    ****Playing prerecorded messages to the effect of "[Character] cancels [X]: Interrupted by [Y]" is not clever and the only reward is more cancellation spam.
    I see what you did there

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    * If I'm a DM who likes MLP, I may not lie that I hate it.
    ** Furthermore if they make an MLP just to spite me, I cannot act completely oblivious to fool them to into thinking they're fooling me
    *** If they pull the full sequence on me, I may not laugh evilly
    **** Nor may after laughing evilly, may I say "just as keikaku!"
    ***** stating my reason for doing all this as "I just wanted to mess with your heads" is right out.
    n+1* May not have Dischord show up out of nowhere after all this just to troll the players.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowLord79 View Post
    *I am no longer allowed to use Will-o-Wisps captured in a bottle as a light source...
    **Collecting fairies in glass bottles will not grant me auto-raise on death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Dwarf Fortress would like to have a word with you. The word is decorated with bands of microcline and meanaces with spikes of rose gold. On the word is an image of the word in cinnabar.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    This is an image of Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses engraved in sandstone. Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses is leaving Trotknives. Trotknives is on fire and full of goblins. This image refers to the destruction of Trotknives in late winter of 109 by Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses.

27. - Top - End - #567

* Must explain to the GM the hideously badly thought out rules for bonus HP on the positive energy plane before my Lich plane shifts there, not after.
    Show

So.. Keep the bard?

28. - Top - End - #568
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Shadowrun
    *Not allowed to retire my infiltrator/pistol specialist/face character when we have no other people with decent ranged combat skills1
    **Not allowed to replace him with the worst streetmage of all time.2
    ***Even he turns out better at infiltrator/guns/face duty.

1Yes my team actually has no one else, the team has: an aspected magician who should summons spirits and otherwise waits in the car instead he tries to fire his pistol blindly at enemies, a technomancer who passes out from biofeedback (He tried to puppeteer a tank and decided to go full level for it and only got like 3 hits to prevent fading), A ganger(mafiaer)/face/rich boy/rigger who plugs his brain directly into vehicles (Why the heck would you build a wireless rigger?), and an orc street sam that hits on any and all trolls (He and the rigger are actually competent).

2 Magic 3 Aspected Magician, only knows 5 spells, only survives because he is great with guns and clubs and is very talkative and sneaky.
    DSmaster21: The Dicey Cultist

I apologize if I ramble sometimes my Asperger's Syndrome causes me to talk a lot when trying to communicate. I may also get distracted so I ask forgiveness in advance.

A D12 of The Church of D20

Games: Doctor Who: Adventures in Space and Time, Shadowrun 5e, D&D 4e, Pathfinder, Star Wars: Edge of the Empire, Assorted Retroclones, D&D 5e.

29. - Top - End - #569

*No longer allowed to mix sawdust and the Flare cantrip.
    Show

So.. Keep the bard?

30. - Top - End - #570
    Titan in the Playground

* I, as a Dm, can no longer make a draenei paladin as the party's recurring enemy, and neither may she constantly shout "FOR COMMUNISM!"
    ** My goblin pyromancer can no longer make CSI Miami style sunglasses puns.
    *** nor may he go noir every time he encounters a mystery
    **** my goblin pyromancer can no longer quote Pulp Fiction
    ***** Yes he is pretty much every american action hero cliche wrapped into a WoW goblin body and given power over fire and a mind of an inventor. that doesn't mean he should declare "Ha! I can build that in a cave with a box of scraps!" and then prove himself right.
    ****** nor may every time the draenei paladin does so, people say "what the hell is communism?"
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".