New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2439404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1502
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing VI: This Isn't A Checklist, We Swear!

*In case we're playing Everybody is John, "Shoot everyone, so you won't be discriminating anyone" is forbidden.
    **Doubly so if we're playing Shadowrun.
    ***Triply so if we're playing D&D.
    ****Especially if we're not playing Eberron.
    *****No, not even then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    The Joker is supposed to be a nightmarish figure, the culmination of all things despicable and horrible about mankind. Of course he's a hipster.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing VI: This Isn't A Checklist, We Swear!

Quote Originally Posted by Socksy View Post
    * Not allowed to do anything I saw on Corruption of Champions once
    ** And no, goblins do not work like that!
    I'm surprised it took this long for something like that to be banned.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Barbarian in the Playground

** And no, goblins do not work like that!
    So you haven't seen Lion King, but have played Corruption of Champions? Youth.

***Just because you saw it in Trials in Tainted Space doesn't mean that it can circumvent this rule.
    ****Please stop eating pieces of every monster you defeat to try become more like them, the humanoid body doesn't work like that.
    *****You want to keep trying to add bits of Fen Oxo's games into this one? Fine, I'll run Savin's Fall of the Order of Light. I hope you like tentacles.
    Amazing avatar by Ceika
    “A player is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisly when the plot dictates he should.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf DW View Post
    You're the Stalin of dice!

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Bugbear in the Playground

DruidGuy

So you haven't seen Lion King, but have played Corruption of Champions? Youth.
    You can blame me for that, I've been trying to introduce her to various movies and video games, and CoC was one of the things that got her attention.

...but Vampires the Bloodlines didn't. Youth.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Mrc. View Post
    Wait, this is a thing? I've been warned away from both Tumblr and 4chan, so I don't know whether this is true or not. Either way, it's not a good thing to base a character on.
    Oh my yes it's a thing. If there's one thing Tumblr has, it's lots of teenagers who are very bad at thinking through the consequences of their actions, some of whom have very poor self esteem (or something. Obviously, reasons will vary from person to person). The best ones are those who are both types; they post half a dozen nude pictures and a poorly-spelled essay about why this is a devastating blow to the patriarchy. This is enthusiastically supported by dozens of fourteen-year-old boys, showing the demographics of feminism are very different from what you might think.

I've got a friend who's subscribed to both types of idiot teenager as well as various other things, meaning her tumblr (which she showed me once, I think because there was a funny picture she wanted me to see) is essentially a distilled version of the internet; a cool-looking music box, then an adorable bunny, then a rant by a confused, possibly mentally unstable girl about why the patriarchy controls every aspect of her life, then breasts, then a meme...

Anyway, to stop this going completely off-topic...

* 'There Ain't No Green In The Flag Of Cheth Rhinn' is not our national anthem, and you can bet the Orc delegation know that.

* If my campaign summary begins with 'CWCville, but...' I should stop immediately.

* I may not base battle plans on lyrics by any of the following bands: Arch Enemy, Metallica, The Anti-Nowhere League, The Misfits, The Agonist, Equilibrium, Van Canto, Lordi, Hammerfall or Babymetal
    ** Sabaton, however, is perfectly acceptable.

* I have to have a better reason for playing a wizard than 'the robes look more comfortable than these damnably itchy trousers'
    ** Especially if I turn up to the next session in a robe in order to prove my theory

* I am forbidden from having 'the talk' IC

* No making a character who doesn't speak English if I don't speak the language they do (Japanese in this case. Lots of Google Translate involved...)

* 'It'll work, they did this exact plan in a really famous battle' doesn't apply if the plan in question was that of the losing side.

6. - Top - End - #1446

Quote Originally Posted by spineyrequiem View Post
    * No making a character who doesn't speak English if I don't speak the language they do
    **No making a character who doesn't speak English if I am the only one who speaks the language they do.
    *** This applies both IC and OOC.
    **** There is no such thing as Pigeon Welsh.
    Spoiler: Extended Signature
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    All things considered, the guy whose character attacked a gazebo may have actually had a point...
    Quote Originally Posted by Anlashok View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sideswipe View Post
    ban the problem spells and the problem classes. not the whole book.
    So.. Keep the bard?
    Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post
    The only thing worse than a Beholder with an anti-magic cone is a Beholder without the anti-magic cone.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Baaa, I can think! Baaa, I can't see in the dark!

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Ogre in the Playground

So what I've gathered from the last few posts in this thread?

Youth is weird.

>is sixteen
    >is using greentext outside of 4chan
    >talking to himself on the internet
    >derpaherp autism sucks
    >implying it is not whitetext
    >implying autism has to anything to do with insanity
    >implying that implying has any effect on my decisions
    Last edited by GPuzzle; 2014-09-01 at 05:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    The Joker is supposed to be a nightmarish figure, the culmination of all things despicable and horrible about mankind. Of course he's a hipster.

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Halfling in the Playground

Beholder

*I am not allowed to play a monk called bruce wayne or batman
    ** I am not allowed to make a bard who's only perform skill is hamboning.
    *** I am not allowed to play anything from "ponies in pathfinder"
    ****I am not allowed to cross my little pony with call of cthulhu
    ***** My bard's only instrument isn't the tuba
    ****** if it I can't claim that it acts as full plate.

9. - Top - End - #1449

*If the DM says the BBEG is wearing blaster resistant armor, I should take his word for it.
    **For the purposes of setting the scene, it is acceptable to ask if the BBEG is wearing a helmet.
    ***While strategically sound, out of courtesy to the DM's hard work, I should not aim a point-blank blaster shot at the BBEG's unexposed face, negating the blaster resistant armor.
    ****Dropping a roof on him however is acceptable.
    Awesome avatar by linklele
    "The Barrier World" Google Doc
    A post-post apocalyptic steampunk magitech Pathfinder setting.
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome avatar by Akrim.elf and Ceika

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by 8balls View Post
    ***** My bard's only instrument isn't the tuba
    ****** Said tuba does make me better at running away from encounters, or let me take some of the treasure when I do.

* When I make a sandbox game with no driving plot, as requested by the players, I should make sure at least some of their characters have some reason to create their own plots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezkeshdadesh View Post
    Discussions about D&D also inevitably come up when people ask me how I met my wife.
    Kids, let me tell you about how I met your mother...
    Quote Originally Posted by malonkey1 View Post
    I mean, you're a bard. If it doesn't end with everyone getting married boning indiscriminately, it's a tragedy.

11. - Top - End - #1451

* My bard does not know Yakety Sax
    Last edited by Socksy; 2014-09-02 at 05:52 AM.
    Show

All things considered, the guy whose character attacked a gazebo may have actually had a point...
    So.. Keep the bard?
    The only thing worse than a Beholder with an anti-magic cone is a Beholder without the anti-magic cone.

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GPuzzle View Post
    So what I've gathered from the last few posts in this thread?

Youth is weird.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

13. - Top - End - #1453

SwashbucklerGuy

* When my enemy points out to my Paladin that my deity has strict rules against killing, I may not retort with "The rules don't say anything about kneecaps"
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

14. - Top - End - #1454

Quote Originally Posted by Ksheep View Post
    * When my enemy points out to my Paladin that my deity has strict rules against killing, I may not retort with "The rules don't say anything about kneecaps"
    **This applies doubly if I'm playing a Small or smaller race
    Show

So.. Keep the bard?

15. - Top - End - #1455

DruidGuy

* My character is not averse to killing.
    ** Doubly so if she is a necromancer.
    *** If rope and shackles cause most of my encumbrance, I'm playing the game wrong.
    **** If by the end of the first module my character became a benevolent warlord ruling monsters I've defeated, I'm playing the game very wrong.

All of this actually happened, except my DM liked it. I also had fun at first, and then I've understood why previous warlord was so eager to give me his throne. Managing the monster horde is a nightmare.

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Colossus in the Playground

*May not derial the game into a 20 minute discussion on Lucemon's hypothetical Champion form,.
    **Can't debate wheather or not it can Digivolve or if it only mode changes.

rom here on the forum.
    *If two PCs have strict codes of Honor, then we are to make sure that those codes do not conflict
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Spamalot in the Playground

* Gluttony is not to be used as a means to give my character magical teleporting super powers.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Gluttony the vice or Gluttony the homunculus?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezkeshdadesh View Post
    Discussions about D&D also inevitably come up when people ask me how I met my wife.
    Kids, let me tell you about how I met your mother...
    Quote Originally Posted by malonkey1 View Post
    I mean, you're a bard. If it doesn't end with everyone getting married boning indiscriminately, it's a tragedy.

19. - Top - End - #1459

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Raven View Post
    Gluttony the novel
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Ogre in the Playground

*Swords cannot be used as ammo for oversized bows.
    **nor can people.
    ***dragons are right out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cormag81 View Post
    2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

21. - Top - End - #1461

*If we're playing 'Everyone is John', I am no longer allowed to play 'John of Arc' and vow to kick all the British out of France. In 21st century America.
    **Also not allowed to play 'John of Arcadia' and vow to kick all the British out of New France. In 21st century Canada.
    ***Playing John of Arkansas is right out.

22. - Top - End - #1462

DruidGuy

* If we're playing a game of "Everyone is John", I am not allowed to play as Helix Fossil.
    ** John does not have crippling fear of small ledges and computers.

23. - Top - End - #1463

* Playground is collectively banned from playing Everyone Is John.
    Show

So.. Keep the bard?

24. - Top - End - #1464

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Raven View Post
    The former, but the only way I could see the latter being used for teleporting is going to be a definite case of "Do Not Want".
    Digo Dragon - Artist

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Ogre in the Playground

*I'm not to take inspiration from ADOM for how to gain extra abilities
    **Please, just stop, no one wants to see you eat that.
    ***That either
    ****No longer allowed to play a character who has a mouth, and must use photosynthesis for nutrition
    *****No venus flytrap mutations for you either.
    ******Just beacuse real life has carnivorious plants, doesn't mean you get to play as one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Dwarf Fortress would like to have a word with you. The word is decorated with bands of microcline and meanaces with spikes of rose gold. On the word is an image of the word in cinnabar.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    This is an image of Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses engraved in sandstone. Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses is leaving Trotknives. Trotknives is on fire and full of goblins. This image refers to the destruction of Trotknives in late winter of 109 by Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses.

26. - Top - End - #1466

Quote Originally Posted by Wookieetank View Post
    *I'm not to take inspiration from ADOM for how to gain extra abilities
    **Please, just stop, no one wants to see you eat that.
    ***That either
    ****No longer allowed to play a character who has a mouth, and must use photosynthesis for nutrition
    *****No venus flytrap mutations for you either.
    ******Just beacuse real life has carnivorious plants, doesn't mean you get to play as one.
    ******* Can't play as a Titan Arum
    ******** If I play as a Chinese Fleeceflower, I should probably show the DM some pictures of them for approval first.
    Show

So.. Keep the bard?

27. - Top - End - #1467

Quote Originally Posted by Wookieetank View Post
    *I'm not to take inspiration from ADOM for how to gain extra abilities.
    ** Or nethack for that matter.
    *** I may not wish for a Blessed figurine of an archon.
    **** SLASH'EM is also likewise not a source for how to gain extra abilities.
    ***** I may not wish for a Blessed figurine of a solar.
    Bane of disrudisplorkians, and loremaster.

28. - Top - End - #1468

BardGuy

How else do you explain template stacking?
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

29. - Top - End - #1469

* Dwarves are not to be thrown around like ninja stars.
    ** Hell hounds and chest-bursters are not the same thing.
    *** Armoires do not have the ability to charge. Or wield weapons. Or make use of magic items.
    **** No longer allowed to attack the party with viking armoires.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

30. - Top - End - #1470

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    ... So normally it's just a hard bossfight, other times it's the game actively kicking you in the balls mid-bossfight.
    what do you exect. it's dark souls - kicking the player in the balls with something they couldn't be prepared for is 90% of the entire premise