New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] HALO 179: Under New MAGnagement!

Therlynn MagOffice Scene

"You don't. Best part is, I can have the thing dissolve if it sounds like it might get x-ray'd or something. Also, please don't freak out; this is going to hurt a little." Magtok lies. It's not going to hurt a little, because it's going to hurt a whole ****ing lot. No permanent damage will be dealt, but the worm needs to get pretty deeply entrenched in there before it'll be ready to go dormant inside her head. Magtok somehow manages to not smile throughout the entire procedure.

"You can begin your mission when the headache subsides. Oh, and try not to get in any curtains before you report back to me, for both our sakes." Magtok makes a face at that, just in case it wasn't clear how much he expects her to do exactly that, and how very terribly he'd prefer that she refrain from doing so. The werewolf is not someone he considers one of his best and brightest, and it certainly shows.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2014-04-08 at 06:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Therlynn MagOffice Scene

Therlynn clenches and grits her teeth at the pain, but says nothing, not even crying out. Once worst of it subsides, however, she simply glares at Magtok and says, "My other ear is still fine, you know..." She winces and continues, "The headache is already fading away...Pervert. I Curtain with my actual boyfriend one time and nobody lets me hear the end of it."

3. - Top - End - #153

Therlynn MagOffice Scene

"That's probably because you hardly knew him and then wound up with his child because you were too reckless and irresponsible to avoid rushing into that sort of thing," Magtok retorts. "Honestly, it's part of the reason why I'm so sure you're going to do something suicidal on this mission, and ruin everything. Good luck, you're dismissed."
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

4. - Top - End - #154
    Halfling in the Playground

So, a Jedi, a Catgirl, and a Cyborg sit in an Office...

Garn Kubo just stands there, looking thoroughly confused and out of place. Do you...need me for anything else, sir? Oh, and I can't remember if I already told you that I'd like to join...
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

5. - Top - End - #155
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    That's because it's physically impossible to 'win', Magtok. You just keep going until you lose.
    If you can get the tower 54 blocks high, you have won at Jenga, as there are no more pieces to remove.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Psi-chosis]

Mr C continues to think. thousand s of books run down his mind as he search his memory for anything to help him. His mind is nearly blewing up as he can't find an answer. Then suddendly there is nothing. he has reached the limits of his knowledge and end up in a new part.
    Then he noticed something. something he can't really point at or even name it. It was only for a blink if not less he felt things.
    "There was..is something." He finally says after reaching through his mind again.

"Hold on to it. Look for it. It would be all too willing to vanish into the depths of your thoughts. It will be obscure. Like vision to the blind, like height to a square on a sheet of paper."

Quote Originally Posted by ImpSyndrome View Post
    [Psi-chosis]

"Hmm...That makes sense," Leo muses over Arlem's teachings. "I wonder...Does psychokinesis require much more energy than telepathy?" His eyes move toward the pool nearby; he clearly has an idea that he'd like to try. The confidence that he felt before is still with him, apparently, because he doesn't even wait for a response before focusing his conscious mind on the surface of the water, trying to influence it with his mind. Several seconds pass with no result, so Leo takes a seat at the edge of the water and tries again to concentrate his thoughts on shaping the water...
    Yes. Might I recommend you start with a solid? Liquids are relatively complicated, especially something as chaotic as this pool. A small puddle might be more a beginner's speed. A little plastic ball is even better. Arlem follows him to the water's edge and places a small reflective sphere next to him, and goes to set a hand on Leo's shoulder to turn him towards it.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #156
    Bugbear in the Playground

MagOffice

Knock knock

Appears there's a person at the door!
    A polite person, no doubt!
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

7. - Top - End - #157

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    MagOffice

Knock knock

Appears there's a person at the door!
    A polite person, no doubt!
    "Come in," Magtok answers simply. No fancy decorations or shenanigans in the office this time, just Magtok sitting at his desk, reading from a book with its cover concealed. Something about that encounter with Therlynn left a bad taste in his mouth, so he's toned things down a little.

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    So, a Jedi, a Catgirl, and a Cyborg sit in an Office...

Garn Kubo just stands there, looking thoroughly confused and out of place. Do you...need me for anything else, sir? Oh, and I can't remember if I already told you that I'd like to join...
    "In that case, congratulations, you're now a member of HALO. If you can find her before she goes on her suicide mission, try to let Therlynn know as much as possible about the Sith; she's going to try to infiltrate or something." It's not a suicide mission, Magtok. You just don't trust Therlynn not to get herself killed. Totally different.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

8. - Top - End - #158

sigh Re: [Nexus] HALO 179: Under New MAGnagement!

"Come in," Magtok answers simply. No fancy decorations or shenanigans in the office this time, just Magtok sitting at his desk, reading from a book with its cover concealed. Something about that encounter with Therlynn left a bad taste in his mouth, so he's toned things down a little.

"In that case, congratulations, you're now a member of HALO. If you can find her before she goes on her suicide mission, try to let Therlynn know as much as possible about the Sith; she's going to try to infiltrate or something." It's not a suicide mission, Magtok. You just don't trust Therlynn not to get herself killed. Totally different.
    A drow clad in a white cloak, riot armor, and with her white hair in a bun and brilliant red eyes, enters.
    Hello, sir. I wish to join HALO.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

9. - Top - End - #159

MagOffice - Some Smelly Drow Lady

"Fascinating. What made you decide on that?" Magtok asks, in a rather disinterested manner, concealing his suspicions and paranoia. If some drow spy thinks she's going to take HALO down, or more importantly, take the cyborg down, she's got another thing coming.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

Therlynn MagOffice Scene

"That's probably because you hardly knew him and then wound up with his child because you were too reckless and irresponsible to avoid rushing into that sort of thing," Magtok retorts. "Honestly, it's part of the reason why I'm so sure you're going to do something suicidal on this mission, and ruin everything. Good luck, you're dismissed."
    Therlynn sighs as she salutes Magtok and says, "See you on the other side, sir." And with that, she's gone. Hopefully, this won't be the last time Magtok sees her alive. That would be bad.

11. - Top - End - #161

MagOffice-She's Wearing Perfume.

I want to help people. I'm Xellia Arabana, Combat Medic.
    She replies, witting down and offering a hand to shake.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

12. - Top - End - #162

Well I am. Not Shure if I should take that as a compliment or an inshult.
    Caelynn replies, facing Kyne and puzzled by why a pizza box requires serious concentration.
    [Kitchen]

Kyne sets the box down and, biting her lower lip, turns the dial to preheat the oven. It's not like I would really know what a mother is supposed to look like. You just seem a little young to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Halls]
    Sioda sighs. Apparently, she burnt it out saving Sam... no, not burnt it out, more like... apparently she literally burned it like, like fuel or something... She shakes her head, rubbing her eyepatch. They got Sam back, thank gods, and she's alright... but, well, there's a seat and it needs to be filled.
    [Halls]

Whoa, that's crazy. Angela tilts her head to the side. So is the rest of your pantheon just going to pick a new mortal to make Death Goddess? Or whatever it was that they did to Carrie.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

13. - Top - End - #163

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    [Kitchen]

Kyne sets the box down and, biting her lower lip, turns the dial to preheat the oven. It's not like I would really know what a mother is supposed to look like. You just seem a little young to me.

[Halls]

Whoa, that's crazy. Angela tilts her head to the side. So is the rest of your pantheon just going to pick a new mortal to make Death Goddess? Or whatever it was that they did to Carrie.
    Well, I got pregnant due to a one-night shtand with Rein, I never planned to have a kid, sho that'sh not shurprishing.
    Caelynn replies drunkenly, finishing off the bottle
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

[Halls]

She shakes her head. Way I hear it, that was special circumstances. They probably want to find a god to take over, and I've only agreed to hold down the fort til they find somebody else.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

15. - Top - End - #165

[Halls]

So... you need to find a deity with domains close enough to Death that they can easily take on Carrie's responsibilities? The foxgirl's eyes widen as she thinks of the Deathliest deity she knows. Or maybe she just heard the sounds from the kitchen.

[Kitchen Ground Zero]

The kitchen is ruined. Cupboard doors hang crazily from broken hinges. Shattered glass and fine china litter the floor like postmodern snow. The table is cleaved perfectly in half. All chair legs are cut seven inches shorter. The refrigerator has been hurled through the dishwasher and the automatic can opener is jamming the garbage disposal. Sparks arc between all the silverware thrown into the microwave. Jars of tomato based sauce cover the walls like an Italian bloodbath. The coffeemaker does not go gentle into that good night. The pizza is badly burned, still in the box, and the oven is now embedded in the ceiling. All of this is done before Caelynn finishes her sentence.

I'm sorry, I don't think I heard you right. Did you say you got knocked up by Reinholdt?
    Last edited by FireFox; 2014-04-11 at 05:05 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166

[Halls]

So... you need to find a deity with domains close enough to Death that they can easily take on Carrie's responsibilities? The foxgirl's eyes widen as she thinks of the Deathliest deity she knows. Or maybe she just heard the sounds from the kitchen.

[Kitchen Ground Zero]

The kitchen is ruined. Cupboard doors hang crazily from broken hinges. Shattered glass and fine china litter the floor like postmodern snow. The table is cleaved perfectly in half. All chair legs are cut seven inches shorter. The refrigerator has been hurled through the dishwasher and the automatic can opener is jamming the garbage disposal. Sparks arc between all the silverware thrown into the microwave. Jars of tomato based sauce cover the walls like an Italian bloodbath. The coffeemaker does not go gentle into that good night. The pizza is badly burned, still in the box, and the oven is now embedded in the ceiling. All of this is done before Caelynn finishes her sentence.

I'm sorry, I don't think I heard you right. Did you say you got knocked up by Reinholdt?
    Caelynn looks frightened.
    She gets up, her gauntlets activating.
    Y-yesh!
    She replies, utterly terrified as she subconsciously adopts a boxing stance.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2014-04-11 at 05:17 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

[Halls]

More or less... they're taking recommendations, thou---gods, what was that?!

Sioda didn't fail to hear the sounds of a kitchen basically exploding; flickers of psychic energy briefly swish around her hands in her alarm.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

18. - Top - End - #168

[Kitchen Ground Zero]

[Kitchen]

It was at about this point that Civvy decided she really wanted a snack. She was sharp enough to notice nearly on entrance that something was up. The tables were making her feel taller, and there was something up with the silverware. Everything else seemed fine.

She does notice Kyne being preeeetty Kyne-y, and so she leans against the doorframe, trying to stay out of the way, but around just in case something bad happens . . .
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

19. - Top - End - #169

MagOffice-She's Wearing Perfume.

I want to help people. I'm Xellia Arabana, Combat Medic.
    She replies, sitting down and offering a hand to shake.
    MagOffice - Oh No Another Elf Trying To Seduce Magtok?

"Excuse what might sound like old prejudices talking, but I wasn't aware drow society allowed for any interest in altruism. You're not one of the Lolth's, then, are you?" Magtok questions, weakly shaking Xellia's hand, as if expecting it to stab him with some sort of awful Underdark poison.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

20. - Top - End - #170

MagOffice - Oh No Another Elf Trying To Seduce Magtok?

"Excuse what might sound like old prejudices talking, but I wasn't aware drow society allowed for any interest in altruism. You're not one of the Lolth's, then, are you?" Magtok questions, weakly shaking Xellia's hand, as if expecting it to stab him with some sort of awful Underdark poison.
    MagOffice - Well, She Is A Nurse...

It doesn't. At least, so I've heard. I've never set foot anywhere below sea level. Of course not! If I was, do you think i'd be in the business of healing people?
    Xellia asks rhetorically with a chuckle as she smiles and... no, no poison stab! Just a nice firm handshake.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

21. - Top - End - #171

[Kitchen]

Kynegetis takes a few seconds to think about that. She goes from angry to sad as quickly as she got to angry in the first place. Of course. So that's why he left me. If you look closely into her eyes, through the tears, you can see a part of her soul die. "Heartbroken" doesn't even begin to cover it. If this is what happens when she falls in love, she'll make sure she never does that again. Get out. If you see him again, tell him to never stop running. I will hunt every last clone down. She reaches into the air and pulls out a black katana. No ordinary blade, of course not, this sword is made out of the Huntress' own divine essence. It's a part of her given physical form and an edge sharp enough to cut anything. If it looks bigger and more powerful than usual at this very moment, well, that's because it works off of the wielder's self-loathing. She takes this, her love, her pain, and all of her sorrow... and she stabs it through her heart.

[Halls]

Oh... Oh no. Some stupid girl just told Kyne she had a one-night stand with Reinholdt and got a child out of it. Angela looks terrified and is about to say something else when she cries out in sympathetic pain and clutches her chest.

22. - Top - End - #172

[Kitchen]

Kynegetis takes a few seconds to think about that. She goes from angry to sad as quickly as she got to angry in the first place. Of course. So that's why he left me. If you look closely into her eyes, through the tears, you can see a part of her soul die. "Heartbroken" doesn't even begin to cover it. If this is what happens when she falls in love, she'll make sure she never does that again. Get out. If you see him again, tell him to never stop running. I will hunt every last clone down. She reaches into the air and pulls out a black katana. No ordinary blade, of course not, this sword is made out of the Huntress' own divine essence. It's a part of her given physical form and an edge sharp enough to cut anything. If it looks bigger and more powerful than usual at this very moment, well, that's because it works off of the wielder's self-loathing. She takes this, her love, her pain, and all of her sorrow... and she stabs it through her heart.

[Halls]

Oh... Oh no. Some stupid girl just told Kyne she had a one-night stand with Reinholdt and got a child out of it. Angela looks terrified and is about to say something else when she cries out in sympathetic pain and clutches her chest.
    Caelynn's eyes widen.
    He didn't leave you because of that! He didn't know that I was even pregnant when he left!
    Then attempted heartstab!
    Caelynn teleports over and attempts to stop Kyne from stabbing herself in the heart by trying to disarm her via punching the flat of the blade with a strong punch powered by creating a concussion shockwave on impact.
    Of course she could be too late to prevent it.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

[Halls]
    Sioda holds Angela, afraid for her fiancee and for Kyne as well. Honey? Angela, what's wrong?!

---

[Carrie's Room]
    Carrie doesn't get some magic goddess-sense that tells her that oh no, her magical tsundere is in trouble. Instead, she gets a normal sort of sick feeling in her stomach beyond the hunger. Legs still weak, she starts to crawl out of bed onto the floor.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

24. - Top - End - #174

[Kitchen]

Caelynn is unable to disarm Kyne. Fortunately, Kyne doesn't disarm Caelynn either. Everybody gets to keep their appendages! Caelynn finds out that punching something held by a goddess doesn't do as much as physics would like it to. She does manage to knock the blade two inches aside, however, preventing the point from hitting the heart. The Huntress makes an exasperated noise and reaches out with her left hand to grab the meddling mortal's face and bounce it against her knee a few times. If she doesn't get the message after that, then a longer etiquette lesson may be required.

[Halls]

The foxgirl groans, leaning against the Aspect. I don't know what she's doing... but it's not good.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

[Halls]
    Sioda holds her tightly, stroking her back, trying to soothe her what little she can.
    ---
    [Halls 2]
    Elsewhere, Carrie crawls out of her room, mostly relying on her arms while her legs scrabble frantically.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

26. - Top - End - #176

sigh Re: [Nexus] HALO 179: Under New MAGnagement!

[Kitchen]

Caelynn is unable to disarm Kyne. Fortunately, Kyne doesn't disarm Caelynn either. Everybody gets to keep their appendages! Caelynn finds out that punching something held by a goddess doesn't do as much as physics would like it to. She does manage to knock the blade two inches aside, however, preventing the point from hitting the heart. The Huntress makes an exasperated noise and reaches out with her left hand to grab the meddling mortal's face and bounce it against her knee a few times. If she doesn't get the message after that, then a longer etiquette lesson may be required.

[Halls]

The foxgirl groans, leaning against the Aspect. I don't know what she's doing... but it's not good.
    After a stunned moment of surprise, Caelynn is kneed in the face!
    She growls, bleeding from her broken nose.
    Suicide is NOT the answer, kyne! Suicide is the coward's way out. Ask yourself, are you a coward?
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

27. - Top - End - #177

[Halls]

Angela looks more annoyed than concerned now. I don't understand why she gets so dramatic and theatrical. Who does she think she is, Dad?

[Kitchen]

The assassin goddess calmly tugs the sword out of her chest and flicks the blood off it. You are involving yourself in something you don't understand. Behave or I'll spank you. Her tone carries a serious warning, but her eyes, after she wipes the tears away, hold amusement.

28. - Top - End - #178

[Kitchen]

The assassin goddess calmly tugs the sword out of her chest and flicks the blood off it. You are involving yourself in something you don't understand. Behave or I'll spank you. Her tone carries a serious warning, but her eyes,e after she wipes the tears away, hold amusement.
    Caelynn looks rather determined.
    All I see is a woman of power trying to commit suicide to deal with the fact her boyfriend dumped her. Tell me, do I understand the situation?
    Caelynn replies
    And Kyne, I refuse to let you kill yourself over an issue that, while something you have every right to be distraught about, is not worthy to end your life over!
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2014-04-13 at 10:29 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hall, Approaching Kitchen]
    A storm of panting and through-gritted-teeth profanity crawls slowly down the hall toward the kitchen in the person of Carrie, who is currently getting blood on the carpet from her rubbed-raw fingers and knees.
    KYNEGETIS!
    ---
    [Hall]
    Wait, what just hap---gods, whose racket is that now?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

30. - Top - End - #180

[Kitchen]

No, no you do not understand the situation. The Huntress attempts to firmly smack the catgirl's backside with the flat of her blade. Then she reaches into the hole in her chest and, grimacing in pain, rips out her beating heart. There is surprisingly less blood than one would expect. I have no desire to die, although I have equal knowledge of life and death. Sit down and shut up. This is your final warning before I punish you. The hand with the sword gestures to the thus-far-silent Civiron. Do me a favor, sister? Prevent Carrie from entering for one more minute. I don't want my sacrifice interrupted.

[Halls]

Angela shrugs, clearly giving up understanding or worrying about this stupid drama.