New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach IX: This isn't even my final thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    snip
    Ummm, maybe refrain from posting from phones in the future there Rater. Your entire post is unintelligible there are so many spelling and grammatical errors :) I honestly can't really understand what you were trying to say at all ^^

2. - Top - End - #512
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Oh my gosh, Rater. That is so hard to read.

However, you have a great point. Ichigo being able to resist the extreme air resistance or whatever was due to his clothes, made from their hair and stuff. So how strong must they themselves be?
    Sorry, the only net I've got till tomorrow afternoon is a tablet

Will try to explain again once I have a real keyboard.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #513

Quote Originally Posted by Infernally Clay View Post
    If they did this nonsense against Aizen back during the Deicide Arc, he would have annihilated them.
    Just like to point out that AIZEN DID ANYWAY. ****ing Deicide.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Just like to point out that AIZEN DID ANYWAY. ****ing Deicide.
    Also let's not forget that while JulaBach has bypassed Ichigo, Ichigo himself fought Aizen with equal if power with Mugetsu. Combine this fact with the knowledge that his "inner Quincy" was holding his Soul Reaper powers back, I have to conclude that we haven't seen Ichigo's full strength even yet.
    Wizard's First Rule: People will believe anything, either because they want it to be true, or they are afraid it is true.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordRahl6 View Post
    Also let's not forget that while JulaBach has bypassed Ichigo, Ichigo himself fought Aizen with equal if power with Mugetsu. Combine this fact with the knowledge that his "inner Quincy" was holding his Soul Reaper powers back, I have to conclude that we haven't seen Ichigo's full strength even yet.
    That's actually unclear. Ichigo's Shinigami, Quincy and Hollow powers all merged during the Dangai training, granting him that insane amount of power. Whether or not the personification of Ichigo's Quincy powers was still holding his Shinigami powers back isn't clear, but I don't think he was. That being was definitely the avatar of all of Ichigo's power and we saw how, with all of his power, Bankai Ichigo was stronger than even the Hogyoku could make Aizen. Ichigo seems to have regained that same level of cooperation from his Shinigami, Quincy and Hollow powers, albeit through a different route - where before his various powers essentially merged into a single entity, this time Ichigo reforged Zangetsu and created two blades (one for his Quincy powers and one for his Shinigami and Hollow powers). One thing to remember is that we never actually saw Bankai Ichigo do anything following the Dangai training. He never once used a single Bankai technique, nor did he even don his Hollow Mask. So it's entirely conceivable that the two Bankai forms (post-Dangai and post-Nimaiya) are identical in function and power, even if not form. So yeah, I think Ichigo's current Bankai form will be equally as powerful as the one he gained after training in the Dangai rather than less or more so.

As an aside I'm still kinda holding out hope that when Ichigo finally activates his new Bankai, he has his Hollow Mask.
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

6. - Top - End - #516
    Firbolg in the Playground

That's actually unclear. Ichigo's Shinigami, Quincy and Hollow powers all merged during the Dangai training, granting him that insane amount of power. Whether or not the personification of Ichigo's Quincy powers was still holding his Shinigami powers back isn't clear, but I don't think he was. That being was definitely the avatar of all of Ichigo's power and we saw how, with all of his power, Bankai Ichigo was stronger than even the Hogyoku could make Aizen. Ichigo seems to have regained that same level of cooperation from his Shinigami, Quincy and Hollow powers, albeit through a different route - where before his various powers essentially merged into a single entity, this time Ichigo reforged Zangetsu and created two blades (one for his Quincy powers and one for his Shinigami and Hollow powers). One thing to remember is that we never actually saw Bankai Ichigo do anything following the Dangai training. He never once used a single Bankai technique, nor did he even don his Hollow Mask. So it's entirely conceivable that the two Bankai forms (post-Dangai and post-Nimaiya) are identical in function and power, even if not form. So yeah, I think Ichigo's current Bankai form will be equally as powerful as the one he gained after training in the Dangai rather than less or more so.

As an aside I'm still kinda holding out hope that when Ichigo finally activates his new Bankai, he has his Hollow Mask.
    I just bolded the parts I found particularly interesting.

Also... I'm hoping he activates his new bankai, *then* puts on his hollow mask.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

7. - Top - End - #517
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

You know I wonder if Ywach counted on Ichigo loseing his Hollow powers and gets a HUGE surprise he still has them. After all Quincy powers and Hollow powers are NOT supposed to coexist. But with Ichigo, they do.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

8. - Top - End - #518
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    You know I wonder if Ywach counted on Ichigo loseing his Hollow powers and gets a HUGE surprise he still has them. After all Quincy powers and Hollow powers are NOT supposed to coexist. But with Ichigo, they do.
    I think this happens.

Yhwach: I see you've recovered your hollow powers. Just as planned.
    Haschwald: Now you're just saying that.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Troll in the Playground

I just bolded the parts I found particularly interesting.

Also... I'm hoping he activates his new bankai, *then* puts on his hollow mask.
    That would be cool, too. As long as there's a Hollow Mask in there, y'know? The last time he actually used it he badly injured Aizen even though, at the time, Ichigo was nowhere near that guy's level. So I'd really like to see Ichigo put the mask back on.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by darksolitaire View Post
    I think this happens.

Yhwach: I see you've recovered your hollow powers. Just as planned.
    Haschwald: Now you're just saying that.
    followed by

Yhwach: "Yeah...but it was worth a shot, bullcrapping that he was behind everything worked for Azien Mcbutterfly.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Pretty sure his hollow powers were well integrated at least by the end of Fullbringer arc. Now we'll see if Nimaiya's reforging changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I won't argue the that we don't know about Ichigo's power state(Kubo's probably done this purpose by leaving him out of the story for a year), but from how he's changed after EVERY SINGLE TRAINING SESSION I'm pretty convinced that Ichigo has had another power up. I mean even after training and then losing the Fullbringer power, Ichigo still had latent signs of increased power. Even Rukia lampshades this point!

As for what happened in his battle with Aizen, I'm pretty sure that was a one time thing where the nature of his power evolved beyond the need of the Hollow Mask temporarily. That being said I belive that the true nature of his Soul Reaper abilities is merely to serve as a balance between the Quincy and Hollow powers.
    Wizard's First Rule: People will believe anything, either because they want it to be true, or they are afraid it is true.

13. - Top - End - #523

Quote Originally Posted by LordRahl6 View Post
    That being said I belive that the true nature of his Soul Reaper abilities is merely to serve as a balance between the Quincy and Hollow powers.
    Ichigo's Hollow Powers and Shinigami Powers are explicitly one and the Same. Up untill Ichigo essentially forced the old man to become part of his Zanpakuto, the Inner Hollow was Zangetsu.

The hollow Mask was most liely an alternate method of of Drawing on Zangetsu's power, since the old man was surpressing it, though this doesn't preclude Ichigo's true bankai incorporating the mask or even traits from his hollowforms since he learned to draw on it the same way that the Vizard drew on their hollow powers.

Incidentally, the fact that Ichigo's Hollow and Shinigami powers are one and the same and always have been is most likely the reason that Ichigo's Fullbring had the same powers as his Shikai-Fullbring is essentially a human using hollow powers, and ichigos hollow and shinigami powers are one and the same.

The way I figure, and the existence of Arrancar with Quincy bows backs this up, is th desite being opposites in nature, Shinigami and Quincy Powers are significantly more compatible than any other 2 types of spiritual power except perhaps pure human spiritual power(Which is said to be unpredictable and incredibly malleable.)

So, the shinigami spiritual power and the hollow spiritual power sort of cancel each other out-allowing Shinigami hollow hybrids to learn Quincy techniques such as the Spiritual weapons demonstated by a few of the Vadenriech's Arrancar.

However, this normally woldn't be enough fortrue hybridization, and actuale Shinigami/Hollow/Quincy hybrids are still impossible, but Ichigo is still roughly 1/4 normal uman, so in addition to makeing his growth patern unpredictable, he has a buffer between his incompatible powers.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

New chapter up a day early.

Spoiler
    Show
    Wow, Lot going on in this one. And a LOT of lampshade hanging well about a certain person's cloths. And the retrun of a someone who has been missing a VERY long time!
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

15. - Top - End - #525
    Troll in the Playground

That was pretty much genius.

Spoiler
    Show
    There was so much complaining about Orihime's clothes and how it was "out of character" for her to wear it and all that stuff - and we find out Urahara made it for her because he's a total pervert and that all Orihime is guilty of is being derpy, which we already knew. Seeing Yoruichi again was really cool, too. Now that we know Urahara and Yoruichi are heading to the Palace, we can pretty much guarantee Haschwalt is going to fight them. Urahara could probably beat him alone, but with Yoruichi there he won't need to use his Bankai.

I'm glad Mayuri is going to fight Giselle, though. I can just imagine the kind of experiments he'll perform on the Quincy once he's won.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Ah, my pimp boss arrived! First and probably last pro-shinigami curbstomp that I wholeheartedly support!
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

17. - Top - End - #527

SwashbucklerGuy

Frakk, Kubo, why do you have to be so creepy and gender-normative at the same time?

At least the fight scenes were pretty good.
    Last edited by The Troubadour; 2014-07-15 at 10:58 AM.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ettin in the Playground

Bets ten bucks, that Yumichika is going to show he has bankai since his true Shikai is related to healing, and right now he is screwed since he spilt blood. Something like he can use his Shikai now without a physical command naming it (since he obtained Bankai), and thus his Shikai will heal him, or somehow he will activate his Bankai and he will be healed by his Bankai
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

19. - Top - End - #529

Awkward wardrobe dialogue aside, there's something about the pacing of this current arc that's really irking me. It goes from zero to supersonic then slams on the brakes before taking off again. Maybe it's just my memory playing games at my expense again, but I just don't recall this pacing being the norm.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

20. - Top - End - #530

Spoiler
    Show
    The exchange involving Giselle's reaction to Bambietta becoming a zombie was...just ****ing stop Kubo when did yo become Hiro.

Also, I'm glad that Kurotsuchi gets to fight Giselle. It's a good match, I think. We'll probably get something cool out of it.

The team Ichigo stuff was pretty funny though, I'll admit. It's just really AWKWARD considering what's surrounding it from last chapter and the rest of this one.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spoiler
    Show
    Greeaaaaattt another freakshow fight, I wonder if this is going to top Kurotsuchi's last fight in terms of "Oh god why"

22. - Top - End - #532

Quote Originally Posted by ryuplaneswalker View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greeaaaaattt another freakshow fight, I wonder if this is going to top Kurotsuchi's last fight in terms of "Oh god why"
    Going to top it, 100%

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    Bets ten bucks, that Yumichika is going to show he has bankai since his true Shikai is related to healing, and right now he is screwed since he spilt blood. Something like he can use his Shikai now without a physical command naming it (since he obtained Bankai), and thus his Shikai will heal him, or somehow he will activate his Bankai and he will be healed by his Bankai
    His Shikai isn't primarily healing. If anything, vampiric is the more appropriate term. It absorbs the target's Reiatsu and uses that to either attack the opponent or heal the user.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    His Shikai isn't primarily healing. If anything, vampiric is the more appropriate term. It absorbs the target's Reiatsu and uses that to either attack the opponent or heal the user.
    Yes you are correct it is vampiric not healing, but the thing I take away from the times we have seen it is Yumichika is always perfectly healed, looking fabulous, with not a scratch or bloodstain in sight. So yes I think Yumichika is going to be healed by his Shikai even if he is being healed by a vampiric process.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

25. - Top - End - #535
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    When Kurotsuchi appears, at the bottom it said "pikaaaaaaa," which is the sound Pikachu makes :P

Means like shiny.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    When Kurotsuchi appears, at the bottom it said "pikaaaaaaa," which is the sound Pikachu makes :P

Means like shiny.
    Mayuri Kurotsuchi. Committing crimes against fashion before committing crimes against humanity and decency.

And all of it FOR SCIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Mayuri Kurotsuchi. Committing crimes against fashion before committing crimes against humanity and decency.

And all of it FOR SCIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You should get a cookie for that.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The exchange involving Giselle's reaction to Bambietta becoming a zombie was...just ****ing stop Kubo when did yo become Hiro.

Also, I'm glad that Kurotsuchi gets to fight Giselle. It's a good match, I think. We'll probably get something cool out of it.

The team Ichigo stuff was pretty funny though, I'll admit. It's just really AWKWARD considering what's surrounding it from last chapter and the rest of this one.
    Honestly, I kinda like how Kubo is embracing the weird. It's not like Bleach has ever shied away from creepy stuff. That's probably why Mayuri is the perfect answer - he's creepier than basically anyone, even Giselle. He's a complete monster and Giselle is a complete weirdo. We already know Mayuri is going to have far too much fun experimenting on Giselle once all is said and done.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler: An unasked question
    Show
    It occures to me that we missed an important question. Why are Chad and Orihime being sent to the Soul Kings Realm? Ichigo I can see, but those two? Of course not being Soul Reapers they may have an advantage against the Quincy. And is Yoruichi going along? Who else are they going to send? Rukia and Renji?

30. - Top - End - #540

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Spoiler: An unasked question
    Show
    It occures to me that we missed an important question. Why are Chad and Orihime being sent to the Soul Kings Realm? Ichigo I can see, but those two? Of course not being Soul Reapers they may have an advantage against the Quincy. And is Yoruichi going along? Who else are they going to send? Rukia and Renji?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Chad an Orihime are fullbringers, which means their powers are Hollow based, and thus poison to Quincies. This may make them better suited to facing the Vadenrich than they would be agiaist opponents of similar power level.

That, and they were just training in Hueco Mundo, so they've probably got ap ower up or two(Maybe even finished evolving their Fullbring?)

and there's that thing about Fullbringers and Substitute Shinigami being able to freely share there powerrs, so if they aren't strong enough, Ichigo cvan boost them a bit, or worse case scenario they could give art of there power to Ichigo for some kind of Friend-powered super mode

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks