New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Vampire Legacy Weapon Need Help Designing Rituals

Hello, due to rather… unexpected events in one of my campaigns my players are now in control of a construct type intelligent item that can switch from a "Humanoid Form" to a weapon form. In addition the human form was transformed into a vampire during a recent combat. So I figured I would attempt to model the weapons stats as a legacy weapon and I think I have most of that figured out.

What I can't quite get a good grasp on is figuring out what the Legacy Rituals should be.

For those unfamiliar with legacy weapons, they require three rituals to unlock all of their powers, a least ritual a lesser ritual and a greater ritual. Some of them are things like, "Survive on the plane of shadows for three days", others are "Track down and kill a member of a cult" things like that. I can't quite grasp what would be fitting rituals for a good aligned vampire blade who can transform into a human.

The least ritual was just going to be a simple commune with the blade in a ritual for 24 hours. The ritual being mostly fluff except needing some money for materials and the blood of a recently slain evil enemy.

Does anyone have any suggestions for lesser or greater rituals?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Vampire Legacy Weapon Need Help Designing Rituals

No one has any ideas? I know Legacy Weapons aren't popular but someone must have some idea so many of you guys are more creative than me
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: Vampire Legacy Weapon Need Help Designing Rituals

it would help if you gave some more background on the weapon to create rituals that tie in better with it's own convictions. the lesser and greater rituals need to be related to the lore of the weapon itself.

but i guess you could do maybe:

least ritual:
    On the night of a full moon and clear night sky, the wielder must fill a goblet with their own blood and pour it along the blade of the weapon while hit by direct moonlight. The goblet mist be made of gold costing no less than 100g.
    A single action cannot and should not define a character's alignment. While a single action can have an alignment, a character's alignment is the culmination of all actions taken, and most importantly the purpose and intent for why those actions were taken.
    My Homebrews:
    Alu-Fiend + Lesser Variant[PEACH]
    Benders, Avatar: The Last Airbender Inspired Classes [PEACH]