New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Carrion Crown (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by MuffinMan View Post
    She cuts off as she realizes she's beginning to babble, and casts around once more with an entreating look at the others, Gundwolf in particular. "Come now, you see, don't you? It's still Elian!!"
    The half-orc's gaze leaves Elian as he listens to Kendra and Aurora in turn, but his darkly appraising glare returns to Elian beneath his deeply furrowed brows, and the half-orc remains silent.
    Lehasti Gesmeha and Azkin for Mummy's Mask
    Morevek for Wrath of the Righteous
    Janstina Silentall for Age of Worms

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Aurora frowns as Elian expresses his skepticism about finding a "cure", but stays silent.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmerbink View Post
    "How is it that you healed my wounds just now, if not by the energy which fuels the undead? As you saw at the ruins, my nature causes more traditional healing energy to injure me greatly..."
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne7141981 View Post
    Kristoph shakes his head, saying, "I do not know - as I watched your wounds heal I felt rats biting and clawing at my skin, as if your wounds were being transferred to me instead. It was unlike any form of healing I have ever seen..."
    "Wait, you healed him? And he was not burned??" As Aurora begins to question Kristoph, she notices his downcast bearing... Suddenly the words he and Elian have been exchanging take on new meaning. "Wait- Kristoph, are you well?!" She rushes to his side and starts examining his exposed skin, noting what look like fresh bite marks beneath the armor, where no rat should have been able to reach. "Did something happen at the temple?!" she cries, fearing that the Splatter Man might have returned... or worse.
    Spoiler: Healing Hex
    Show
    Heal Kristoph for (1d8+2)[6]HP
    Spoiler: Active characters
    Show
    Waylan, Kestros and Auspice (Wrath of the Righteous)

Lydia (Age of Worms - loot tracking)

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Wait, you healed him? And he was not burned??

...Did something happen at the temple?!
    "
    Exasperated, Kristoph gestures to Elian and says, "Look at him! His wounds are closed, and the injuries transferred to me! I have been having moments of clouded vision throughout the last several days, so at the temple I asked Leone to inspect my eyes. She found nothing wrong, but now I see a mysterious cloud about ten paces away in all directions, blocking my sight utterly past that point. I also appear to be able to take the wounds of another upon myself."

After receiving the healing proffered by Aurora, Kristoph stands and walks over to the doorway where he begins to remove his armor and boots, laying his weapons and equipment down in an organized manner as his training takes control and helps him manage his shock. "Elian, thank you for sharing the truth of your heritage and explaining its impact. Aurora, your concern is appreciated and perhaps your skill with research will shed some light on both Elian's state and mine. Miss Kendra, your hospitality and insight are gracious and welcome as always," he says, politely, trying to get control of himself. "Gundwolf and Fruril, thank you for your support and patience. We will not allow these developments to derail us from our purposes here - we will continue to defend Miss Kendra, protect the innocent of Ravengro, and cleanse the ruins of Harrowstone of the vile undead taint that possesses it. But all that must continue tomorrow. For now, I am going to make my way to bed. I have much prayer and introspection ahead of me before rest will likely come. Please excuse me..."

With an expression of misery and fear he bows to the assembled company and makes his way upstairs and to bed, spending several long minutes in deep and fervent prayer before the exhaustion of the day overpowers him and he falls asleep.

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Titan in the Playground

"- we will continue to defend Miss Kendra, protect the innocent of Ravengro, and cleanse the ruins of Harrowstone of the vile undead taint that possesses it."
    Temporarily distracted from his recent revelation, Elian nods emphatically. "Indeed. While I pray your impression of me has not been tainted, it is ultimately a secondary concern at best. What matters most is dealing with that which plagues this land. To that end, I know precisely where I stand."

Hesitantly, he looks around the room once more. "For better or worse, whatever this magic is, I am almost fully reinvigorated by Kristoph's ministrations. To that end, I would spend what remains of this evening researching his situation.
    ...It seems truly the least I can do. If anyone wishes to discuss anything with me, or aid me, I will be in the professor's library. Otherwise, I will leave you to... say anything you feel the need to, outside my presence
    ."

Eyes partially downcast, Elian leaves the room unnaturally quietly, his long cloak virtually stationary as he passes the doorway.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Assuming we still get the +2 circumstantial for Professor Lorrimor's library?
    (1d20+8)[16] knowledge religion. Perhaps +2 more if Aurora joins to assist (or I can assist her?)

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Barbarian in the Playground

The fire in Kendra's eyes remain, though she says nothing as the others continue to speak. She seems mollified that the others are at least understanding of the situation at hand, both with each other as well as with the town's safety as well. She looks over at Fruril, who after a moment inclines his head into a nod. "There are many things in this world I will never claim to understand. But I know thus far I've had no reason to question any of you," he pauses, then continues, "and so I will continue as such. Good night all. It has been...a trying day at best." With that, Fruril rises from his seat and silently walks to the stairs and makes his way to his chambers.

Kendra nods to everyone still remaining in the living room, "I believe it's time I retire as well. Pleasant dreams to all...especially you." She says, risking a hint of a grin to Gundwolf. She then goes into the kitchen and then steps back out a few minutes later and makes her way to the library. The door to the library opens with a familiar soft creaking sound. She says nothing to Elian as he tries to focus on the books in front of him. She squeezes his shoulder softly and sets a cup of tea down in front of him. She pauses a moment to see if he says anything, otherwise she silently makes her way out of the room and closes the door.

Spoiler: Elian
    Show

His research is haunted by his own memories and concerns. He finds it difficult to concentrate on the books in front of him and thus has no luck finding any further information of use, despite staying up for (1d4)[4] hours to conduct his research.

Spoiler: Kristoph ONLY
    Show

Spoiler: No, really.
    Show

Kristoph's prayers are answered with more mist and fog and vague silhouettes of people burning and running around frantically, the mist aglow with a slight red light from their flames. Their screams come soon after. Blurred shapes of buildings aflame come into view next, followed by a wicked, soul-chilling laughter. He can make out no specific faces but he comes to the realization that he's being given a glimpse of what is to come and not what has transpired at the prisons.

For, one of the many houses lost to flame that he could definitely make out was none other than the Lorrimor residence.

Spoiler: Everyone
    Show

Feel free to continue to RP or if you want to do any research. Otherwise, if you're willing to proceed, then the night passes with everyone getting an unmolested night's sleep, though the quality of the sleep is likely questionable for many. Feel free to post your early morning actions, such as breakfast and such. However, there will be a small event in the morning, so do not have your character leave the Lorrimor grounds just yet (though sparring/training outside is fine).
    Carrion Crown: Dice | IC-2 | Doc
    Ruins of Azlant: OOC | IC | Doc
    ~~~~~
    Calathon - Mummy's Mask

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"I... think I should go to bed, too. Come, Socrates." Aurora says as she rises and gathers her things. Despite her earlier defense of his character, she doesn't seem too thrilled to be aiding Elian in research again just yet, so she says her goodnights and heads upstairs.

With the bedroom door closed, she goes down to her knees and withdraws on of the purchased scrolls from earlier in the day. "Let's see if this works... it will work, don't you think?" Socrates makes no sound in answer, but turns his head nearly upside-down to watch as she strikes a spark, sets the scroll afire, and collects the ashes in a small bowl. As it burns down, she hastily rises and goes to open the window before the smoke accumulates too much. "I guess I should have done that first, huh? Don't look at me like that!" she admonishes Socrates, eyes watering. "Now, this may not taste the greatest..." she continues speaking as she uncorks her water skin and pours a bit on water into the ashes, before withdrawing a wooden pestle from her healing supplies, "but the theory is that it will make you, I mean, us, stronger... here" After grinding the scroll's ashes into a soupy paste, she holds the unappealing concoction up to the owl who, unblinking, begins to consume it...

The next morning Aurora rises somewhat later than usual, and finds that Socrates is still out on his morning hunt. Yawning, she makes her way downstairs to help Kendra assemble the breakfast, her mind still spinning with various arcane formulae she's been thinking of to aid Elian and Kristoph's respective plights...
    Last edited by MuffinMan; 2015-04-20 at 09:15 AM.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1297

Spoiler: Elian
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by GM
    This is in response to your Knowledge - History roll of 22 regarding prophecies and oracles.
    Another (1d4)[1] hours pass as he investigates more about oracles in history. It turns out that the professor must have had an interest in such things, as he finds a few treatises on oracle accounts, their ties to the deities, and more.

Once upon a time, oracles were common among Pharasma's faithful, especially considering that Pharasma was and is still the deity of prophecy and portents as well as a deity of life, death, birth and healing. When the deity Aroden died a little more than a hundred years ago, not a single oracle claimed knowledge of it. As Aroden was the champion of civilization and order, his death plunged many nations and religions into chaos. Pharasma's oracles were among them. Many of them went insane or committed suicide as a result of the maddening prophecies they received over the years that followed.

Nowadays, oracles are somewhat rare, especially of Pharasma. While she is still the deity of portents, it is definitely a receding role of her faith in favor of healing, widwives and judging the souls of the dead. The few oracles that Pharasma claims today typically stay in seclusion, as the memory of Aroden's loss is still felt everywhere and many still blame Pharasma to some degree that she didn't or couldn't (nobody knows which is the case) do anything about it.
    ~~~~~
    Calathon - Mummy's Mask

8. - Top - End - #1298

NecromancerGuy

Kristoph sleeps poorly, plagued by unpleasant dreams. Waking at his usual hour he talks a bit longer than usual before making his way to the yard to drill, spending the time in prayer and thoroughly washing his face and rubbing his eyes with a damp cloth. Finding his efforts to clear his vision and shake the impact of his dreams to be fruitless he sighs deeply and makes his way to the porch where he dons his armor and steps out to the yard.

Once there he goes through the motions of his martial forms listlessly, finding little motivation for it. When he is done he sits down on the steps and pulls out his star journal and holy book, reading fervently for references to visions, using the night sky to predict the future, and fog or clouded vision. He refers to his journal and notes, looking for signs he might have missed in his observations over the years. Finally, when nothing stands out he returns to prayers and sits quietly on the porch, looking out at the fog on the edge of his vision, too hopeless to gaze skywards anymore.

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Having evidently retreated up to the room set aside for his use after the other occupants of the house left the dining room, Gundwolf strides easily down the stairs in search of breakfast.

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Titan in the Playground

While in the professor's library, Elian finds, while talking to himself, that his thoughts seem to answer back. After several minutes of this internal dialogue, he is shocked to find a foot-long centipede "looking" down at him from an upper shelf. After several long, tense minutes, he discovers that an odd sort of bond has somehow formed between himself and the creature, and that it seems to be much more intelligent than an insect. Several hours into his research, he finally retreats to his room, the centipede now curled about his forearm like an odd tattoo.

He rises early, as he usually does, and finds himself in the kitchen preparing breakfast. Surprised by Kendra's absence, he nonetheless helps himself to the available supplies, fashioning a plate of fruits and crackers while searching for a more suitable meat than salted jerky.

As he works, Gundwolf and Aurora eventually come down the stairs.

11. - Top - End - #1301

As he is going through his exercises, Kristoph can feel the early morning sun hitting him and see its light cast about the yard but is unable to see it in the sky except as a muted, fuzzy orb of brighter yellowish-gray. Adding insult to injury, it seems as though it's a rather pleasant morning...one that he is unable to fully enjoy.

As Kristoph is sitting on the porch steps of the Lorrimor house after his lackluster morning exercises, he doesn't immediately register the approach of a young man as a result of the strange mists that hover at the edge of his sight. The clearing of the teenager's throat brings Kristoph out of his reverie. He recognizes Pevrin, the thirteen-year-old son of Zokar, the bartender and proprietor of the Laughing Demon, approaching. He has a scroll in his hands, which he is gripping somewhat nervously. (GM note: you may recall that Pevrin and Zokar were among the few that attended the professor's funeral, just FYI) "Um...sir Kristoph, is it? I waved but..." he trails off and then looks down at the ground, "Sorry to bother you sir. I just have a notice from the council that..umm...I'm supposed to tell everyone about."

Kristoph remembers hearing during one of their evenings at the Demon that Pevrin runs the posting poles in town and acts a sort of informal town crier.

Pevrin unrolls the scroll in his hands and adopts a clearer, more confident tone, "Hear ye. The Council of Ravengro has requested the attendance of the whole of Ravengro at the Town Hall on the evening of Toilday, the twenty-fourth day of Calistria in this year of 4715 by Absalom Reckoning. The subject matter at hand involves the Strange Developments of Late, the Ruins of the old Prison of Harrowstone and Ravengro's newest visitors, the Friends of the late Petros Lorrimor. Attendance is strongly advised should you wish to add your Voice and Opinion to the discussion. Signed the twenty-third day of Calistria by Councilman Vashian Hearthmount."

There is a pause as he rolls the scroll back up and grips it somewhat tightly. "I...umm...just wanted to make sure that you realize that is, er, this evening, sir. You and your companions are..." he coughs slightly then resumes, "sorry sir. You and your companions are required to attend, by request of the council, sir. How shall I send your response, sir?"

Meanwhile, inside the house, the rest of Kendra's guest rouse from their sleep. Neither Fruril or Kendra make their presence known during the otherwise makeshift breakfast. The early morning sun shines through the windows once the shutters are opened, casting a brilliant yellow-orange light through the house.
    Last edited by CleverDragon; 2015-04-23 at 08:29 PM.
    ~~~~~
    Calathon - Mummy's Mask

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

While in the professor's library, Elian finds, while talking to himself, that his thoughts seem to answer back ...he is shocked to find a foot-long centipede "looking" down at him from an upper shelf... he discovers that an odd sort of bond has somehow formed between himself and the creature... the centipede now curled about his forearm like an odd tattoo.

He rises early, as he usually does, and finds himself in the kitchen preparing breakfast.
    Yawning, Aurora comes downstairs, rubbing sleep out of her eyes, and sees Elian preparing a meal in the kitchen. "Good morning, Elian, did you sleep w- Look out!!!" The greeting turns into a warning he turns enough for her to see the enormous centipede nestled on his arm. Recalling the giant centipedes the party encountered earlier, her hands begin instinctively forming the somatic gestures of a spell, before she see that Elian seems to be unalarmed by the new addition.

Calming down slightly, she lets the nascent arcane energies dissipate as she studies the new arrival more closely. For some reason, something about it reminds her of Socrates, and she feels her pulse quicken in excitement - is it possible that Elian, too, is manifesting the same powers she possesses? "My apologies- I don't think I've met your new friend. Is that... is that a familiar??"
    Last edited by MuffinMan; 2015-04-23 at 11:47 PM.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1303

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CleverDragon View Post
    "You and your companions are required to attend, by request of the council, sir. How shall I send your response, sir?"
    Kristoph stands and listens politely as Pevrin reads the announcement before replying, "Of course we will attend. What time will the meeting begin?"

After the boy answers the paladin walks over to him and gently places a hand on his shoulder, saying, "You need not fear us or our response, my good lad. Though some in town may say otherwise, we have nothing but the best intentions and are deeply committed to the safety of all here, yourself included. Take heart and have faith. Now go, with the blessing of our Lady of Graves." He salutes the boy with the common Pharasmin spiral against his chest and turns back to walk into the Lorrimor residence.

Entering the common room he carefully lays down his gear and makes his way to breakfast, entering shortly after Aurora notices the centipede on Elian's arm. As the room grows still he says, "The town council has called a meeting about us. We are expected to attend this evening and most likely defend out actions in defense of this village." He walks up to Gundwolf, gripping his shoulder firmly. Turning to Aurora he continues "In addition, I had dark, frightening dreams last night of fire and violence. I saw this home in flames. If I am not losing my mind and Pharasma is instead burdening me with visions of the future, I think there is great danger before us this day. We must provide for the safety of both Kendra and the tomes charged to us by the late professor. Otherwise, I believe we should return to the ruins early and purge it of the foul haunts dwelling there. Then, we can defend our actions and hopefully convince the townsfolk to rise up and defend themselves against the evil of that place tonight at the meeting.

Will you all follow me again, against the pale shadow of undeath?
    " Finally, walking over to Elian he stands before him and places both hands on the slender dhampir's shoulders. "We must trust each other and prevail against the darkness. Each has proved their valor and commitment. Let us stand together and show Ravengro what faith and courage can do in the face of evil."

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Titan in the Playground

"My apologies- I don't think I've met your new friend. Is that... is that a familiar??"
    Elian smiles a little wanly. "That is my best understanding," he says. "It... found me? Last night? I know not precisely how to describe the process, but for a time I felt my thoughts... echoing. Then, when it became clear that the thoughts were not entirely mine, I noticed him. Despite his appearance, he seems more intelligent than most creatures I have encountered thus far, and his presence is oddly comforting." He smirks at the centipede, content for the moment to exist as a three-dimensional tattoo across his left forearm.
    "Will you all follow me again, against the pale shadow of undeath?" Finally, walking over to Elian he stands before him and places both hands on the slender dhampir's shoulders. "We must trust each other and prevail against the darkness. Each has proved their valor and commitment. Let us stand together and show Ravengro what faith and courage can do in the face of evil."
    Elian nods. "They have nothing to fear from me. I trust you, Kristoph, as I always have. If this darkness can be overcome, we will find the way."

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Entering the common room he carefully lays down his gear and makes his way to breakfast, entering shortly after Aurora notices the centipede on Elian's arm. As the room grows still he says, "The town council has called a meeting about us. We are expected to attend this evening and most likely defend out actions in defense of this village." ..."Otherwise, I believe we should return to the ruins early and purge it of the foul haunts dwelling there. Then, we can defend our actions and hopefully convince the townsfolk to rise up and defend themselves against the evil of that place tonight at the meeting.

Will you all follow me again, against the pale shadow of undeath?
    "
    Aurora flinches slightly as Kristoph describes his vision of violence and flames, but nods. "We're with you, Kristoph. Here, have a bite of breakfast, and then we can be on our way. If we must descend into the lower levels of those ruins, it would be wise to do it with the sun high and bright above us." She sets out plates for Kristoph and Gundwolf and then busies herself with packing her gear and finishing her own meal.

"We should speak of this more, later" Aurora says to Elian, indicating the centipede on his arm. "I've a tome or two that describes the, ah, theory behind such companions, and I've learned a thing or two from Socrates'... hmm, that's odd. It's unusual for him to be out hunting so long into the morning. I hope nothing has happened..."
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Having reached the dining area and noticed that Kendra had not otherwise made provision for breakfast, Gundwolf shrugs, and begins to forage in the kitchen, finding some jerky and plain bread to be perfectly satisfactory. During this time, he makes no special effort to engage the other members of the party in conversation nor any obvious attempt to treat Elian with scrutiny, although the arrival of Aurora and the resulting discussion of familiars causes him to look at the bug with a raised eyebrow.

As Kristoph informs the party of the town meeting, Gundwolf's brow furrows into the beginnings of a scowl, but the scowl softens at the mention of Kendra and their duty to the Professor's last wishes. Lastly, a mirthless grin is his only response to Kristoph's parting exhortation, and he nods grimly at the paladin.

17. - Top - End - #1307

Kendra comes downstairs about an hour and a half after everyone else had gathered there. Her eyes are bloodshot and her hair is unkempt, reminiscent of the previous morning. This time though, she is carrying a bundle in her arms as she stops at the base of the stairs.

Her tired gaze sweeps across everyone in the room, heavy with evident sadness. "Fruril....he..." she says nothing further but instead hefts the small bundle in her hands slightly. The group notices that it consists of the arrows and potions that Fruril had taken from the professor's stash in the tomb from nearly a week ago.

"He..." she pauses, "woke me overnight and said that he had to go. And not to wake any of you. He would not say why, but I think I caught him glancing at Gundwolf and Elian's doors. I..." she stops and sighs, "think you probably will want these."
    ~~~~~
    Calathon - Mummy's Mask

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Titan in the Playground

Elian makes no attempt to hide his sadness. "I thought he... That is, I did not expect him to be so concerned." He nods, and looks into the arrows. "Perhaps someone can use them," he says.

Looking about the room, he breathes deeply before speaking further. "As Kristoph said, I believe we should make the best of our time before this meeting. Shall we resume cleansing the ruins this morning?"

19. - Top - End - #1309

NecromancerGuy

Kristoph shakes his head sadly. He sits and stares at the table for several long seconds, gathering his thoughts. Finally, he sighs and says, "I am still committed to our cause. If no one else plans to abandon it, we should move forward as best we are able without Fruril. I am going to break my fast for the next several minutes. Once I am done, I think we should head to the ruins." Saying nothing more regarding the archer, Kristoph eats a light breakfast, continuing to show little enthusiasm but diligently eating anyway.

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The grin on Gundwolf's face melts into a look of complete scorn. Mustering a simple nod of agreement to the suggestions of Kristoph and Elian, the half-orc seizes the remaining bits of jerky before him and stomps out the front door.

Show
    Anybody looking out the window or following him out can see that he seems to be stretching and warming up with his heavy flail with a sullen snarl on his face.

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Oh... oh dear..." Aurora frowns at the disappointing news about their former companion. "Mister Fruril always struck me as so... steady, so wise, I... I don't know what to think about it." Her frown deepens as she goes to window, where she catches sight of Gundwolf viciously flailing at unseen foes, a bestial snarl on his features. "I fear this all weighs heaviest on our ally Gundwolf..." she says softly. "He is moved with such passion, but all of his surprises of late have been bad ones, and they weigh heavily on him... I fear for his state of mind..."

With a small sigh, she goes back to the table and makes the final adjustments to her provisions and gear. "As I fear for us all. I suppose the only thing we can do is to stand together!" she smiles as she finishes, trying to convey more confidence than she feels.
    Last edited by MuffinMan; 2015-04-24 at 09:17 PM.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Titan in the Playground

"As I fear for us all. I suppose the only thing we can do is to stand together!"
    Elian smiles fiercely at the girl's proclamation. He nods as his lips close to something less feral, "I could not have said it better myself. Come, we will make ourselves what monsters fear in the night." With a determined stride, he leaves the arrows and the remainders of breakfast behind as he strides into the early morning sunlight.

23. - Top - End - #1313

After the group has taken the bundle of arrows left by Fruril, Kendra takes a seat by the table with a heavy sigh. She looks at Kristoph and the others as they begin to gather their gear. "Do be careful...please. While you are away, I will endeavor to see what I can find out about the council's intent for this meeting tonight and ask around about any further events in town, though I admit a certain hope that nothing did happen. If I am to attend this meeting tonight, I may take a light nap, however. I fear I did not get nearly as restful a night as I would have liked. In addition to Fruril's late-night visit, I was plagued by...troubling dreams. They were fractured, but...malicious!"

Meanwhile, outside Gundwolf is going through his exercises and stretches when he sees a peculiar sight. A strange looking man slowly walks up the road, looking around as though lost. He pulls out a scroll, reads it, and then looks around again. Gundwolf can see that this individual is wrapped in a heavy cloak that is made of midnight-black feathers, some of them quite large. In addition, the hood of the cloak is pulled up against the chill of the morning and if the feathery cloak wasn't strange enough, he also wears what can only be described as a mask of sorts formed of part of a large bird's beak. The top of the beak acts almost like the brim of a hat, jutting out from the stranger's forehead.

He looks towards Kendra's house and his steps become more assured as though deciding it is where he needed to go. As he nears, he gives Gundwolf a cautious eye, but walks up to the porch and knocks on the door loudly. Gundwolf can see now that he is an elf, perhaps a few inches taller yet than the half-orc, but much more slender of build. A bow and backpack are on his back and he definitely seems the well-traveled sort, the bottom feathers of his cloak are covered in road dust and a little frayed from regular wear.

Inside, Kendra jumps at the sound of the knock. "Who could that be?" She makes to get up, but if another of the group makes to answer the door instead, she is happy to allow it. Whomever opens it finds the above-described elf who states, "Sorry I'm late."

Show

Annnnnd enter Marrok's character. Here's a couple quick reference images to get the gist of how he appears. The pen sketch was done by Marrok.

~~~~~
    Calathon - Mummy's Mask

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Halfling in the Playground

Beholder

Assuming, Kendra opens the door. If someone else does, Ra'hulhrim ignores them and address Kendra.

Ra'hulhrim leans his make-shift walking stick, his scythe, up against the door jamb. Unstrapping his hood, lank, limp and sweaty, black hair spills over his face. His hand flinch, as if he were going to embrace Kendra, but his arms return to his side and Ra'hulhrim kneels on one knee, bowing his head. "My Lady, Lorrimor-" His voice catches. "Petros- Your father- The Professor-" He stumbles over his words and for a long moment is silent.

Tears leaving clean channels in the dirt smudged on his face, he looks up at Kendra from the ground. "Professor Lorrimor's passing diminishes us all. I am here to pay my respects and serve anyway I can."

A midnight-feathered bird the size about the size of a small pony barrels, like an energetic puppy, down the path towards Ra'hulhrim. The animal headbutts him playfully. The playful nudge knocks Ra'hulhrim off balance and sends him sprawling over the stoop. Standing up, and tucking his head dress under his arm, Ra'hulhrim, hold out his hand and guestures at the massive bird. Speaking softly to the creature in sing-song, "Kra, sha... Kra, sha... Snaru de, Deledrakish. Dookura, Lorurimur nade." the massive bird's stops its playful romp, and he comes to heel at Ra'hulhrim's side.

"And of course, Lady Lorrimor, you remember Del'dretch." Ra'hulhrim, hand rests instinctively on the nape of the bird's neck and for a second, while looking at Del'dretch, the sadness in Ra'hulhrim's amethyst eyes subsides. "We're working on our manners, aren't we, Del'dretch?"

Ra'hulrim, pushing his black hair out of his pale face, turns his gaze back to Lady Kendra, smiling, oblivious to the fact that they are not alone.
    Ra'hulhrim the Dream Strider and his companion Del'dretch for Carrion Crown

Raeziel the Ruby Magus for Curse of Strahd

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Titan in the Playground

Elian steps quickly away from the door he has opened, as Kendra greets the newcomer and the.... elf enters. He steps further back at the sight of the massive bird, and subconsciously puts his right arm over his left, into an odd imbalanced cross. He turns his focus to Kendra, prepared for the moment to base his reaction on hers.

26. - Top - End - #1316

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JWallyR View Post
    Mustering a simple nod of agreement to the suggestions of Kristoph and Elian, the half-orc seizes the remaining bits of jerky before him and stomps out the front door.
    Kristoph glances up at the half-orc as Gundwolf leaves but says nothing, content to let the other vent in his own way.

"Come, we will make ourselves what monsters fear in the night."
    Smirking only slightly the paladin mutters, "I think I already am that...or was..."

Quote Originally Posted by CleverDragon View Post
    "In addition to Fruril's late-night visit, I was plagued by...troubling dreams. They were fractured, but...malicious!"
    Finally looking up from his food with a concerned look Kristoph is about to speak when the door knocks...

Quote Originally Posted by marrok View Post
    "Professor Lorrimor's passing diminishes us all. I am here to pay my respects and serve anyway I can."
    Kristoph stands up from his seat at the table, looking at the newcomer through the doorway with undisguised curiosity. As the other's elven features become visible and he shows his respect for the late professor red-haired half-elf wipes his face with a napkin and begins to walk to the doorway.

"And of course, Lady Lorrimor, you remember Del'dretch. We're working on our manners, aren't we, Del'dretch?"
    Seeing the enormous bird Kristoph stops and watches silently for a moment. Once the animal displays its relationship with the elf he shakes his head in amazement before come up and stepping into the elf's vision, his hand extended in greeting. "You are late - the professor's service was a week ago and much has happened since then. If he and Miss Lorrimor were your allies, then so are the rest of us. My name is Kristoph," he says by way of introduction. "What is your name, and from where do you hail, friend?"

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Gundwolf's swings and stretches slow to a halt as the oddly dressed figure approaches the Lorrimor house. As it approaches the door, the half-orc rests the handle of his heavy flail on his shoulder, but does not relax his stance as he moves to follow behind the figure. As the introductions make plain that this is not a foe, he gives the figure a look of ill-tempered appraisal as he moves to lean against a nearby post.

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Halfling in the Playground

Beholder

Ra'hulhrim flushing and slightly embarrassed, quickly (and futilely) tries to brush the hair from his face. Looking around and noticing that he and Kendra are not in fact alone, he stiffens.

My name is Kristoph," he says by way of introduction. "What is your name, and from where do you hail, friend?"
    "Kristoph. Then we are allied. I trust few implicitly, fewer now and both here." His eyes alight on Kendra and ruffles the feathers at Del'dretch's neck.

He grasps Kristoph's arm heartily in a firm grip. "I'm called Ra'hulhrim. I left the mountains of southern Kyonin young, sooner than I should have. Ever since, the roc and I range, adventure. For the past few years, the Professor and I had been helping each other with research. Del'dretch," indicating the bird, "has watched over me while I sleep from Icestair to Kortos and from Magnimar to the River Kingdoms. We even saw the Mordant Spire, from afar, once, didn't we, Del'dritch?"

"From where do you hail, Kristoph?"

Quote Originally Posted by JWallyR View Post
    [Gundwolf] gives the figure a look of ill-tempered appraisal as he moves to lean against a nearby post.
    Ra'hulhrim makes note the body language of the half-orc and seeing that not everyone will be fast friends, "Most recently we ranged the Shudderwood. I've been working with Prof. Lorrimar investigating the Ascanor Lodge. The Professor was concerned with recent activity there."

Turning to Kendra, "Forgive me, Lady Lorimarr. Before I could set eyes on the Lodge, I was waylaid by lycanthropes. The Were-Folk are rabid and the woods are thick with them, something has them rallying. I had to wait until the bright moon passed to ensure I was not afflicted with their sickness. I couldn't risk bringing it to y- *cough* to Ravengro."

A long silence hangs pregnant in the air. Trying to diffuse the tension, "I ramble and I'm afraid I'm a poor conversationalist. I usually have to fill both sides of the conversation. You've said that much has happened in the last week?" Noticing the food and arrows on the table, "Forgive me, it looks like you are breaking fast and making ready?"

[Elian] steps further back at the sight of the massive bird, and subconsciously puts his right arm over his left...
    Seeing the cross-armed human shrinking back, "It was not my intention to alarm you. The scythe and cloak serve when wide-ranging. Del'dretch will not harm you unless you give him reason to, nor will I." Ra'hulhrim steps inside and extends his hand to the man in the corner.

Del'dretch, uninterested, begins to preen his sleek black feathers.
    Ra'hulhrim the Dream Strider and his companion Del'dretch for Carrion Crown

Raeziel the Ruby Magus for Curse of Strahd

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Aurora's eyes widen in increasing surprise as the lanky newcomer tells the tail of his journeys and adventures with the lycanthropes. She jumps up just as the tall elf steps across the threshhold. "How do you do, Master Ra- Ra'hulhrim-" she stumbles a bit over the unfamiliar pronunciation. She begins extending her hand for a handshake but then, blinking, realizes she is still across the breakfast table from him and settles for an awkward curtsy instead. "My name is Aurora. Yes, we have just finished eating, but there is still some left- please come and have some." She waves him over to the table and hurriedly gathers another plate and utensils.

As she sets the place she finds herself making more introductions to break the silence. "This is Mas- is Elian Evenstarr" she indicates the slender man, "and I believe you've already seen our friend Gundwolf. There's also-..." she frowns and falls silent as Fruril's departure comes back to mind. "...no, nevermind. We're all friends of Professor Lorrimor, and we've been here since the funeral. Yes, much and more has happened since then..." she sighs heavily, shaking her head. "But a full accounting may have to wait until later, I'm afraid. We are bound for the ruins of Harrowstone, and we may not return before nightfall." She falls silent suddenly and shoots quick glances at Elian and Kristoph, fearful of revealing too much of their mission to the newcomer...
    Last edited by MuffinMan; 2015-04-29 at 11:58 PM.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1320

NecromancerGuy

"From where do you hail, Kristoph?"
    Kristoph waits for the other to finish speaking before replying, "I have lived most of my life here in Ustalav. The faithful of Pharasma, Lady of Graves, took me in as a young child and guided me to her service. Professor Lorrimor and I knew each other only briefly - at this point I have spent more time with Miss Kendra and the good people of Ravengro than I was ever blessed to spend with him."

Noticing Aurora's look Kristoph steps to the side and inspects the elf from behind using his divine sight before nodding and saying, "Have you ever been to the grounds of the old ruins, Ra'hulhrim? The professor's remains lie in the boneyard of the cathedral, but his last moments were spent investigating Harrowstone itself. We have been doing our best to honor his memory by working to cleanse it and eventually consecrate the grounds. Would you like to pay your respects at either location? We can take you there if we leave shortly. If you wish to take longer here, we will need to leave you to your own devices as the daylight will fade quickly and there is a town meeting this evening which we must attend. Will you come with us?"

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    This is my effort as a player to allow Ra'hulhrim to join us without giving away too much. I would encourage Marrok to accept Kristoph's offer so that we can all travel somewhat together as we prepare to re-enter the ruins.