New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: Mr.Silver has brought your fix: Random Banter #206

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    Y'all mentioned 2048 earlier, right? I just found a 3D version. I think it's a lot easier but it's also more entertaining to me.
    i don't know if this is easier than the noraml version or not, but i at least find it just as fun

in other news, i just found this video, and it makes me happy
    elemental avatar by kaariane

extended signature

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm partial to this one :P

Spoiler: Campaign Journals
    Show

Axinia: My campaign setting.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Very interesting. Thank you. Is it decently efficient, then? I speculate these things: firstly, that there are not many other options when the grass is long; and secondly, that a razor-sharp slice is much healthier for the grass than the dull tearing of a lawnmower's blades.
    Well, to start with, one shouldn't compare a scythe and a lawnmower. A scythe is for cutting hay, lawnmowers are for trimming lawns. You can do neither with the other. For a modern equivalent to a scythe, you'll want other types of mowers, such as a sickle mower.

Since Sweden is colonizing the world surreptitiously via furniture and socks, it is our right to enjoin the centre from our periphery. Postcolonial studies have taught us this. Onwards to the capital, Helium Halloon!
    Hehehe...

Can you please tell me, once you have been there, how your white strawberry plants might be doing? Of course it be too early for berries, but... y'know... just let them know that I asked.
    Well, I'm here (there) right now, and I can say this: There's still snow on the fields, and the lake is frozen over. I won't know if the white strawberries made it or not for yet quite a while...

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    Extremely efficient on flat surfaces with decently tall grass. Quiet, doesn't use gas, not impossible to start up. In my experience, it only cuts easily down to about three inches or so.
    That said, machine tools are still more efficient, especially since caring for a scythe to properly keep the edge takes some skill...

ION:
    So, I'm hear. We had no less than two water leaks this winter, plus a breakdown on the hot water system, and even though (or perhaps thanks to) we've had craftsmen over to fix them, the house was quite a mess when we arrived. A dedicated cleaning effort got rid of all the dust and debris, so now we've only got the more deep-rooted damage to fix. Still, the house is at least inhabitable now...

The pump to the hot water system has become damaged from running without water, though, so it makes a quite annoying, knocking sound. We'll have to get it replaced, eventually. Somuch in need of fixing...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

A wizard is never out of style. Nor is he in style. He is precisely as fashionable as he means to be.

But I feel as if some deep cipher is at work in this individual's strange utterances. By God he means the meta-game surrounding tic-tac-toe, and the possibility of perfection within an ultimately flawed matrix. With the book he means the way to signify, in material terms, the meaning of a thing which is not material -- transcending the particulars of form. In this way, programming tic-tac-toe AI becomes a wax-on/wax-off spiritual exercise. You are being taught by a sublime genius.

Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

5. - Top - End - #185
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post

A Kneenibble is never not serious. Nor is he serious. He is as precisely serious as he means to be.

Or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    A Kneenibble is never not serious. Nor is he serious. He is as precisely serious as he means to be.

Or something.
    Gee Coid, thanks for making everything even more confusing

Extended Sig

7. - Top - End - #187

I am not at all sure I got all the quotes I needed to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Isn't this what the customs are for? I mean, it'll probably cost a bit extra, but it'll definitely be legal...
    Customs are for after the wine gets there. I am worried about getting it on the plane at the start of the flight.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    I know I've complained about this class a lot before, but... this is just insane.

1) "Even if you believe in god, you must believe in the book [in heaven]..." If you don't believe in heaven, why would you believe in a book that's supposed to reside there?
    2) What on earth does said book in heaven have to do with AI pathing?! I mean I get what the perfect tic-tac-toe game has to do with AI and I get what that has to do with game engines, but a BOOK that you have to believe in even if you don't?!

Please knock me out until my clothes are out of style
    I have read this post many times. The last line is confusing. But it is good for giving us the feel of having to sit there and listen to that teacher I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    Oh, it's just a small, casual event with lots of rampant virtual alcoholism and monkey suits.

Hm. Maybe we'll start in a few hours, if that's okay with you?
    I looked for a picture of a monkey with a teacup or a mug for my monkey suit.

Do not look for pictures of monkeys with cups or mugs.

I wanna hug 'em alllllll....

Very interesting. Thank you. Is it decently efficient, then? I speculate these things: firstly, that there are not many other options when the grass is long; and secondly, that a razor-sharp slice is much healthier for the grass than the dull tearing of a lawnmower's blades.

Since Sweden is colonizing the world surreptitiously via furniture and socks, it is our right to enjoin the centre from our periphery. Postcolonial studies have taught us this. Onwards to the capital, Helium Halloon!
    My hand mower does more of a scissors snip. The sharp curved edge pushes the grass against the flat edge. A regular power mover is kind of like a scythe blade though. All one swinging blade and nothing to cut against.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    I have read this post many times. The last line is confusing. But it is good for giving us the feel of having to sit there and listen to that teacher I guess?
    Essentially it means 'hit me so hard i go into a coma for several years'

Extended Sig

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Customs are for after the wine gets there. I am worried about getting it on the plane at the start of the flight.
    Hmm, that's a point. Would it help to not have it in your hand baggage, you think?

ION:
    During the various breakdowns this winter, it did at some point drop below freezing i nthis house, and the few live plants we keep here died. This was sad, because one of them, a cactus, was over 100 years old...

Oh well, I think the cactus we've got at home is a cutting of that old one, so it should live on through it...

EDIT:
    No, the cutting we had died long ago. It's death of an epoch, in other words...
    Last edited by Teddy; 2014-04-18 at 06:40 AM.

Show

10. - Top - End - #190

Hmm, that's a point. Would it help to not have it in your hand baggage, you think?

ION:
    During the various breakdowns this winter, it did at some point drop below freezing i nthis house, and the few live plants we keep here died. This was sad, because one of them, a cactus, was over 100 years old...

Oh well, I think the cactus we've got at home is a cutting of that old one, so it should live on through it...

EDIT:
    Oh no! Where did a cactus come from 100 years ago? Was it grown in a glass house nearby and sold in a plant shop? Was it brought by a boat and ordered by mail?
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Oh no! Where did a cactus come from 100 years ago? Was it grown in a glass house nearby and sold in a plant shop? Was it brought by a boat and ordered by mail?
    No idea, but since this was a variety which enjoy low temperatures in the winter and otherwise requires very low maintenance, it may have been very early to be sold in shops...

Show

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

No idea, but since this was a variety which enjoy low temperatures in the winter and otherwise requires very low maintenance, it may have been very early to be sold in shops...
    Was it a round one or a branchy one?
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Was it a round one or a branchy one?
    Well, it wasn't a true cactus, but rather a plant which grows thick leaves shaped like reverse arrowheads on top of eachother, eventually thickening further into a true stem. It also has pink flowers. I don't know it's name, though...

Show

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

So, apparently a suburb of Phoenix was "overrun" by several packs of up to fifteen chihuahuas in February.
    Last edited by Cuthalion; 2014-04-18 at 02:14 PM.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

15. - Top - End - #195

So, apparently a suburb of Phoenix was "overrun" by several packs of up to fifteen chihuahuas in February.
    It's a quiet night. The moon is out, so bright you can see but still too dark to make anything out that is not directly infront of you. You hear scrabbling, and turn. You see nothing. Tension lights the air a blaze, and as you turn around, you see it. Standing ontop of a nearby car, it's eyes glinting. "Yo quiero taco bell."

And the rest is silence.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2014-04-18 at 02:26 PM.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Well, we'll get a professional to do that work, we just did some unqualified and dirty manual labour which would've costed extra to have a technician do for us...

Yeah, they tend to be mostly fun to have around...
    Ah, well still you know what's going on, what a professional would have to do. When doing work in the house here, I tend to just follow whatever grandma says needs to be done. That is my way of learning.

Yeah mostly. I have some cousins I admit to preferring not to deal with...but such is as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    http://tinypic.com/r/szzqy0/8

I have ducklings now.

Beefsquatch (black and grey chick) and the black duckling feed each other and make out. Clearly they are a couple.
    D'awww duckies! So much adorableness.

I'm honestly in full panic mode. I need a flat to live in.
    Oh no! Poor Finny. I hope things work out, I'd hate for you to not be able to live where you want to. Would be rather bad. Considering I know so little of other places, what is scary about finding a flatmate in Glasgow?

I am well this day: for this afternoon I shall take lunch with my gentleman friend, and this evening I shall drink rum and play cards with the blackguards of my family. The recent cold snap is turning back to spring, and I shall soon be out of town taking medicinal quantities of wine. All manner of things are well. I trust, in turn, that your yard work and renovations of late have been satisfying? Let me guess, you didn't ask what was planted in the garden this year. *runs into the bathroom crying and locks the door*
    I have not a clue what is meant by postcolonial studies. ^_^; But I take your word for it that joining the Swedish is a good idea. Especially if usage of scythes is involved!

Oh no! Do not run and hide or be sad please. I did ask but I had forgotten to mention. Well we have 3 rose bushes, in pink purple and yellow which I have utterly forgotten the names of the particular types, but we have had those for a few years now. In the front and side of the house my grandma planted purple irises and some perennial bulbs (that's all she said about them). Oh, and a small oak tree that will hopefully shade a certain part of the house. She has a few areas where she wants to do more planting but hasn't decided on what she wants yet, other than cactus close to the driveway.

I hope that your time with your gentleman friend was more than pleasant, and the rum enjoyable, dear Knightly Kneeble.

ION:

EDIT:
    Awww oh no...I am sorry for your wizened cactus my good friend. Let there be a time of silence for your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    It's a quiet night. The moon is out, so bright you can see but still too dark to make anything out that is not directly infront of you. You hear scrabbling, and turn. You see nothing. Tension lights the air a blaze, and as you turn around, you see it. Standing ontop of a nearby car, it's eyes glinting. "Yo quiero taco bell."

And the rest is silence.
    Well, this is definitely the funniest thing I have encountered all week. Go Zodi go.
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

17. - Top - End - #197

I rode my bike twenty-five miles today. Not all at the same time. I stopped. And I had one flat tire to fix. But I brought just enough water to have drinks all the way. And it was a very good ride with the Japanese bakery at one end of it.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

I rode my bike twenty-five miles today. Not all at the same time. I stopped. And I had one flat tire to fix. But I brought just enough water to have drinks all the way. And it was a very good ride with the Japanese bakery at one end of it.
    Ah, where did you go?

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

Ah, where did you go?
    ...uhhhh

I assume the Japanese bakery?
    Show
    You're my favorite.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

...uhhhh

I assume the Japanese bakery?
    What an unexpected twist! No, I meant for the duration of Taet's biking trip.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

You know how sometimes human children pretend to have various diseases?

Well, there are insects (known as "treehoppers") that, even as adults, pretend to have cordyceps. Weird, right?

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post

Well, there are insects (known as "treehoppers") that, even as adults, pretend to have cordyceps. Weird, right?
    Is it a defence mechanism of some sort?

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

Is it a defence mechanism of some sort?
    Probably. I mean, I can't think of any other reason for it...

24. - Top - End - #204

Dude cordyceps is the zombie plague fungus. They are doing the correct thing.

25. - Top - End - #205

What an unexpected twist! No, I meant for the duration of Taet's biking trip.
    The other end was my house yes. None of the shopping roads were new to me but it was the first time I went on them with a bike. It is so much easier to see what each little business in an old strip is when you are going at bike speed. And I found a pretty neighborhood with a lot of Japanese influence in the yards. There were symbols with circles on the front gates and red doors and koi ponds and twisted trees.

That is very weird. They annoy the trees enough on their own.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

I've seen a bird mother pretend to have a broken wing to lure me away from her young.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    I've seen a bird mother pretend to have a broken wing to lure me away from her young.
    That sounds so adorable.

So, did you seize the moment and catch the mother and feast on her?
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

That sounds so adorable.

So, did you seize the moment and catch the mother and feast on her?
    Nope. I sought out her nest and devoured her defenseless chicks.

(Actually, I did neither. I don't want to upset Kneenibble by intimating I did that. That would be cruel.)

Example in a Killdeer mother. I don't know that I'd give it an Oscar, but as an amateur performance it's pretty good. I'd recommend going method and break a wing.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

29. - Top - End - #209
    Banned

Hm? How would a fungus be able to reason that "Oh, he's already infected, I'll leave him alone"?

30. - Top - End - #210

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    Hm? How would a fungus be able to reason that "Oh, he's already infected, I'll leave him alone"?
    The fungus spreads through the actions of the infected insects. If the insect, with it's groggy, zombie senses sees another zombie, it'll go "ooooooh, alriiiight, you're oooone of uuuuuus."

It's like the zombie movie trope of people covering themselves up in blood and shambling to resemble zombies to avoid getting swarmed