New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn X: Four Left Paws

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    "Oh. I never really kill spirits. I just make them go back to wherever they came from. Killing isn't really my style." She still remembered that poor man Individa had killed, she didn't have any choice but still. Could he have been saved? "Kitty isn't too much for killing either... I think." She didn't really know a lot about what the Kitsune thought about violence.

I lack the training to banish spirits without equipment, which I am unable to afford, sadly. It's the only thing I can really do at this time.
    And if she is, good for her, the same to you as well. It's nice to know there are those who despise killing in this cruel yet beautiful world.
    Invidia replies honestly.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

2. - Top - End - #452
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Amelia's Room]

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    Yuki sits down on the side of the bed, nodding slowly. "You're welcome... I wish I could do more though..."

He gives her a small smile. "Sorry for getting your hopes up..."
    "Don't give it a second thought. If I was that afraid of disappointment I wouldn't have asked. Besides I am still lucky enough to have access to some sort of magic. Lot's of people get by without that, so what right do I have to complain."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

3. - Top - End - #453
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [Amelia's Room]

"Don't give it a second thought. If I was that afraid of disappointment I wouldn't have asked. Besides I am still lucky enough to have access to some sort of magic. Lot's of people get by without that, so what right do I have to complain."
    [Amelia's Room]

Yuki chuckles sheepishly and nods. "Alright... I wonder if it would be possible to graft you another magical system and bypass your original one entirely..."

He stops, then gives her a small smile. "Ah, don't mind me, I'm just rambling a bit."
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Amelia's Room]

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    Yuki chuckles sheepishly and nods. "Alright... I wonder if it would be possible to graft you another magical system and bypass your original one entirely..."

He stops, then gives her a small smile. "Ah, don't mind me, I'm just rambling a bit."
    Amelia looks thoughtful then shrugs. "I think that is something like what I have. It is just not the same as the system I want." She gives a shrug suggesting that isn't such a big deal. She stretches and gets up out of bed. "Want a drink downstairs?"
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

5. - Top - End - #455
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Unfortunately for Shame, Delta doesn't seem to notice his discomfort.

Hearing him mention the hamper, Delta walks over to toss her hoodie in. Cool. Might as well take advantage of it, huh? She then proceeds to strip off her pants, socks, and mismatched boots and toss them in the hamper.

Which leaves her in the tank top and a pair of blue, boy-shorts style panties.

There. Clean clothes in the morning.

Her right leg is now revealed to be like her arm. Fully robotic.

Well, guess it's shower time. Be back in a bit. She heads to the bathroom.
    Again, most of these details are lost on Shame, who remains turned away. It doesn't seem like Delta is terribly uncomfortable, but he's not going to take any chances with such familiarity. Anyway, enough about that.

Once Delta hits the shower, Shame relaxes a bit and sits himself down on the edge of the bed. The way it gives slightly beneath his weight almost feels foreign, him having not slept on a mattress in quite some time. It soon dawns on him that this is just one more thing that he's rediscovered while in the half-robot girl's company. What else might he learn if he continues to travel with her? At the very least, would it benefit them both to stay in correspondence after they leave the DFI? He'll probably have at least a few minutes to mull these things over, among other conundrums, while she's busy freshening up...

((Feel free to skip ahead to after the shower; I've got nothing else to add at this point.))

6. - Top - End - #456

In the shower, Delta mulls over her recent past. Since coming here, she's met a friend and had a way better day than she could remember. Seems like this was going to be a good place to be.

After a while, the shower is over, and she steps back out, wearing the tank top and panties again and toweling off her hair.

Ah, that feels good. Been a while since I had a good shower. She tosses the towel into the hamper and takes a seat on a chair, folding her legs below her.

I gotta say, thanks for finding me in that alley.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

7. - Top - End - #457
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

In the shower, Delta mulls over her recent past. Since coming here, she's met a friend and had a way better day than she could remember. Seems like this was going to be a good place to be.

After a while, the shower is over, and she steps back out, wearing the tank top and panties again and toweling off her hair.

Ah, that feels good. Been a while since I had a good shower. She tosses the towel into the hamper and takes a seat on a chair, folding her legs below her.

I gotta say, thanks for finding me in that alley.
    As soon as Delta emerges from the bathroom, Shame averts his gaze for the first few seconds. After that, though, it strikes him that, aside from seeming suspicious or at least quirky, this behavior might give her the impression that he considers her robotic components an eyesore. Realizing the flaw in his earlier logic, he slowly turns back toward her and tries to maintain eye contact, although he's still a bit uneasy being around someone else, especially a girl. In this way, at least, it seems that Shame is still quite human.

"Oh, don't mention it," the mutant tells the cyborg after she thanks him. "It just seemed like the right thing to do...You know, now that I think about it, my first memory as a mutant was kind of similar." Hoping to avoid making the conversation too uncomfortable, he leaves his thoughts about the past at that for now.

A dull pain starts to build slowly in Shame's forehead; it's nothing too serious, but it gets a little annoying, and he winces slightly and rubs the sore area gently with one hand. If Delta does ask if anything's wrong, he'll mention the headache but dismiss it as a minor disturbance, nothing to be worried about. "I'd better go take a shower myself," he'll say, getting up and starting for the bathroom. If the headache has come up, he'll add, "The hot water might ease the pain a little, or at least help me to relax..."

8. - Top - End - #458
    Barbarian in the Playground

Unfortunately for Shame, Delta doesn't seem to notice his discomfort.

Hearing him mention the hamper, Delta walks over to toss her hoodie in. Cool. Might as well take advantage of it, huh? She then proceeds to strip off her pants, socks, and mismatched boots and toss them in the hamper.

Which leaves her in the tank top and a pair of blue, boy-shorts style panties.

There. Clean clothes in the morning.

Her right leg is now revealed to be like her arm. Fully robotic.

Well, guess it's shower time. Be back in a bit. She heads to the bathroom.
    At some point during the night for these two, the laundry was taken away, cleaned, and brought back. Whenever they came to, it was still in the hamper, just outside the door, right where they left it. It was even folded for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Entry]

One Anchor, or Leah, or just some formerly ghostlike girl, whatever she's being called these days, enters the Inn, and moves precisely up towards the bar. She's wearing heavy shoes, metal sandals, it looks like, and instead of her normal vest, a black robe that seems to have been recently resized to fit her.
    "Hey. You advertise that magical alcohol substitute, right? Any idea what it's like?"
    It might even work on her, but if she remembers right none of the staff here drink.
    "We do! It . . . it's supposedly just enough to temporarily nullify your immunity so that the alcohol can get you drunk. Or maybe it just works through them. I'm honestly not entirely sure." Naku admitted, smiling slightly. "It definitely does something. I just don't have anything previously to compare it to." She says, shrugging a bit.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

9. - Top - End - #459

"We can alsho do ghosht foodsh." Strahd adds in as he cleans a nearby table. Why he's cleaning a table when that's not his job, I dunno. Possibly to feel busy. Or maybe so he could conveniently mention the ghost menu right now.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

10. - Top - End - #460

Leah shakes her head. "I'm afraid I can't eat ghost food even. If it just nullifies my immunity I'd better give it a pass. Should probably give it a pass."
    She looks over at Strahd curiously.
    "Actually, what is the ghost food like?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #461

She would ask about the headache, showing some concern. She counts Shame as a friend now, and you always show concern for a friend.

While he's in the shower, Delta simply waits on the chair. Well, that, and she runs a self-diagnostic scan on all of her mechanical components. Always good to do that sort of thing, really.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

12. - Top - End - #462

Andy stands up from the bar. He leaves a few coins and then heads outside,if not stoped by anyone/anything.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

13. - Top - End - #463
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

She would ask about the headache, showing some concern. She counts Shame as a friend now, and you always show concern for a friend.

While he's in the shower, Delta simply waits on the chair. Well, that, and she runs a self-diagnostic scan on all of her mechanical components. Always good to do that sort of thing, really.
    There's feeling refreshed, and then there's the sensation Shame feels when he steps into the shower and turns on the faucet. If his exhaustion and stress were palpable, the spray of hot water would likely wash them away with the dirt and grime. It's difficult to reach, but he also manages to scrub his third arm, which is still flopping around awkwardly behind him. After that business, he wraps himself in one of the bathrobes inside before stepping out again. He may almost seem like a different person when Delta lays eyes on him; not only is his pale skin much clearer, but his patchy hair is also revealed to be greying slightly in odd places, and the tough skin on his palms and the soles of his feet should be slightly more distinguishable than before. "You weren't kidding," he tells her, closing the door behind him. "That felt really nice..."

Supposing that nothing else happens next, it's probably grown late, and Shame will let slip a yawn. "Well, we should probably try to get some rest," he'll suggest. "The bed's all yours; I'll figure something out for myself. I think I saw a spare comforter in that closet earlier..." He won't consider the possibility that Delta doesn't want to take the mattress unless she mentions it directly. Unless that happens, he'll go look for that comforter instead. Does he plan on sleeping on the floor? Maybe he's used to it, not having a bed to use recently, but still...

14. - Top - End - #464

Delta smiles at Shame and waves her hand a bit.

Oh, no, you take the bed. I'm good on sleep right now. I really don't need to sleep much.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

15. - Top - End - #465

The door of the Inn opens as a woman steps in. To be more correct, it's a kitsune wearing a back shirt and black pants. Her fur is orange and her hairs are brown and she got fox ears instead of human. on her back, her tail swings around happily as she takes a look around the Inn. Then she obviously didn't spot what she was looking for and goes to the bar.

"A fox Cola." she says, not really looking up.
    Last edited by Zefir; 2014-05-25 at 05:34 PM.

16. - Top - End - #466

"Shame ash normal foodsh, really. Jusht a little lessh freshh." Strahd says, finishing off the table and tucking the washing rag into his apron as he heads back around the bar. "I'm a trained necromancer, missh, sho I'm shure we can make shomething that worksh for you."
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2014-05-25 at 06:12 PM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

17. - Top - End - #467

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [Amelia's Room]

Amelia looks thoughtful then shrugs. "I think that is something like what I have. It is just not the same as the system I want." She gives a shrug suggesting that isn't such a big deal. She stretches and gets up out of bed. "Want a drink downstairs?"
    [Amelia's Room]

Yuki nods and smiles, standing up. "Sure, that would be nice..." He will follow her downstairs.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

18. - Top - End - #468

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Mist's ears dip in a frown.
    "I think you should talk to her, Aiden. Saying things like that means she blames herself, at least partially, and it's just not healthy to go on with that mindset. And besides, it's stupid for you to avoid her forever. More time won't make it any easier. If you meant what you said about still being friends, one of you has to take a step forward."
    Aiden sighs and looks at the table some more. "What do I even say to her? Last time I broke up with someone, I never saw him again. This is kinda new to me."

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist looks the other man straight in the eyes.
    "You say hello to her, ask her how she's been, and overall try not to act like a jerk. That's how socializing works. The only differences are the ones you make."
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

20. - Top - End - #470

"That's easier said than done," Aiden says. He still doesn't know exactly what he felt for Naku, but he's pretty sure it was love, or something close to it. "I guess I'll have to try at some point."

21. - Top - End - #471

"Ah, no, thank you. Doesn't sound like anything that would be healthy for me." Luckily the peaceflowers at home make a filling if very bland meal; Leah hadn't expected to find anything she could eat here anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    The door of the Inn opens as a woman steps in. To be more correct, it's a kitsune wearing a back shirt and black pants. Her fur is orange and her hairs are brown and she got fox ears instead of human. on her back, her tail swings around happily as she takes a look around the Inn. Then she obviously didn't spot what she was looking for and goes to the bar.

"A fox Cola." she says, not really looking up.
    ...until this happened, and she began to consider. Another kitsune-type, though not as animalistic as Mist looked. Coincidence? Probably.
    "Here, let me buy that for you, miss. (The staff is more like to take that than a donation)."
    After hastily placing that box she was holding into a pocket on her robe, Leah hops over to the seat next to the newcomer.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #472

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    I lack the training to banish spirits without equipment, which I am unable to afford, sadly. It's the only thing I can really do at this time.
    And if she is, good for her, the same to you as well. It's nice to know there are those who despise killing in this cruel yet beautiful world.
    Invidia replies honestly.
    "Um, well I don't really... I mean, I have killed creatures when I hunted. Not people obviously but you know, animals." It takes a moment for her to realize that probably was some sort of compliment. "...but thank you. I didn't really realize there were so few that didn't kill people around here." That was fairly worrying. "I uh, really appreciate what you said."

23. - Top - End - #473

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    "Um, well I don't really... I mean, I have killed creatures when I hunted. Not people obviously but you know, animals." It takes a moment for her to realize that probably was some sort of compliment. "...but thank you. I didn't really realize there were so few that didn't kill people around here." That was fairly worrying. "I uh, really appreciate what you said."
    Invidia smiles bashfully, blushing.
    you're welcome, but no need to thank me, just being honest and speaking my mind.
    She replies modestly.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

24. - Top - End - #474

"Ah, no, thank you. Doesn't sound like anything that would be healthy for me." Luckily the peaceflowers at home make a filling if very bland meal; Leah hadn't expected to find anything she could eat here anyway...

...until this happened, and she began to consider. Another kitsune-type, though not as animalistic as Mist looked. Coincidence? Probably.
    "Here, let me buy that for you, miss. (The staff is more like to take that than a donation)."
    After hastily placing that box she was holding into a pocket on her robe, Leah hops over to the seat next to the newcomer.
    The woman looks up with a smile.

"Oh thank you." She says. When Leah looks at her she might notice the blurr eyes.

Teh kitsune doesn't say much more, just puts out a map and makes a cross over the dancing Fox in. Several other places like Trog's, BBD etc are also crossed.

25. - Top - End - #475

"You're welcome. I see you're visiting each tavern around here, yeah? Or maybe you're looking for something?" With a confused look, she reaches out to take the Kitsune's hand.
    "Hey, what's with your eyes?"
    Leah will, try to sense the other woman's emotional and mental state with that touch, to see if there's anything up with the Kitsune.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #476

"You're welcome. I see you're visiting each tavern around here, yeah? Or maybe you're looking for something?" With a confused look, she reaches out to take the Kitsune's hand.
    "Hey, what's with your eyes?"
    Leah will, try to sense the other woman's emotional and mental state with that touch, to see if there's anything up with the Kitsune.

"Yeah, I look for soemone."
    she says as she got touched by the other woman. She will take her hand back , still it should be enougth for Leah to sense the unnatural obsession that dominates her feelings.
    "What you mean?" she says and take a nearby silverware to see her own eyes. For her the eyes look normal. "They are clear and round as fas i can say, nothing to bother."

27. - Top - End - #477

"Who is it?" Leah shrugs.
    "Your eyes are blurred. You seem really intent, like so focused you can't see anything else, literally. They are nice and round, though." "Might be hard to be see in a spoon."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #478

"It's a friend, I don't think I should tell you her name. She wouldn't like that." the woman replies still looking at the spoon.

"I can't see any sign of what you mean."
    And obviously she doesn't notice the flirt.

29. - Top - End - #479

"Here, try wearing these glasses. That'll help, I think."
    Leah produces a set of mirrored sunglasses, with thick, string-wrapped earpieces, and tries to set them on the kitsune's face. This is actually a cover for trying to get the magical ring on her left hand close enough, and use it to lift the woman's obsession.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #480

"Hey." The Kitsune says as the other woman tries to set her glasses on. She attemps to hit the glasses away, which makes it impossible to set a ring on.

"I said my eyes are fine."