New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn X: Four Left Paws

Alysha shrugs a little. I actually didn't become a vampire until I was here in Nexus for a little while. It was an accidental thing, and the lady that bit me felt terrible about it after the fact. But I knew it was an accident, so I wasn't mad at her. And being a vampire has some benefits. I'm stronger and faster than I used to be, at least.

Then she tilts her head a little. What's a Titan Shifter?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

2. - Top - End - #62

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Alysha shrugs a little. I actually didn't become a vampire until I was here in Nexus for a little while. It was an accidental thing, and the lady that bit me felt terrible about it after the fact. But I knew it was an accident, so I wasn't mad at her. And being a vampire has some benefits. I'm stronger and faster than I used to be, at least.

Then she tilts her head a little. What's a Titan Shifter?
    Humans that possess regenerative abilities and the ability to transform into a Titan. I am one.
    Titans are 15 meter tall humanoids with no sexual organs. Normal ones are often abnormally proportioned in comparison to humans, are as intelligent as a rock, and live only to eat humans, not out of a requirement to eat either. Shifters transform into more proportioned titans with special abilities and intelligence and a lack of craving people.

Sophia explains.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

3. - Top - End - #63

Alysha blinks a few times.

Speaking from experience, a lack of craving people is always a good thing.

Can you completely control it? Or can you accidentally transform? Like, is there something that will make you transform whether you want to or not?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

4. - Top - End - #64

Alysha blinks a few times.

Speaking from experience, a lack of craving people is always a good thing.

Can you completely control it? Or can you accidentally transform? Like, is there something that will make you transform whether you want to or not?
    Not really. It happens on an instinct, usually when I'm determined to do something, and always with a self inflicted wound.
    Sophia explains, nodding.
    Yeah, definitely.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

5. - Top - End - #65

Alysha nods a little. Yeah, I kinda always have this feeling to bite people. It grows when I get angry, or when I get hurt. Drinking blood keeps it quite. Hence this bag. She nudges her shoulder bag with her foot. I always keep a bunch of bottles of Ichor Liquor with me. So I can drink blood without biting people. She idly fingers the large key-like object on the counter as she talks.

So, how long have you been here?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

6. - Top - End - #66

Alysha nods a little. Yeah, I kinda always have this feeling to bite people. It grows when I get angry, or when I get hurt. Drinking blood keeps it quite. Hence this bag. She nudges her shoulder bag with her foot. I always keep a bunch of bottles of Ichor Liquor with me. So I can drink blood without biting people. She idly fingers the large key-like object on the counter as she talks.

So, how long have you been here?
    That must suck. Dophia chuckles. Been here for about a week and a half. Discovered I have a whole family here from various alternate universes.
    ...what's the key thingy you have there?
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

7. - Top - End - #67

Alysha nods a little. Then she seems to brighten a little at Sophia's question. It was a topic she liked, after all.

This is a Keyblade! It's a weapon that is heavily attuned to magic. It can lock and unlock anything with a lock, including paths between worlds. It's also the only thing that can actually destroy Heartless. Anything else will make their bodies disappear, but then they just regenerate somewhere else. You see this keychain here? She points to the item hanging from the hilt. The end of it has a small tire with the word "Lightyear" on it in white letters. That makes it look like this and gives it special properties. I got it from a world called Radiator Springs, where everybody is a vehicle of some sort. It was a fun place!

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

8. - Top - End - #68

Alysha nods a little. Then she seems to brighten a little at Sophia's question. It was a topic she liked, after all.

This is a Keyblade! It's a weapon that is heavily attuned to magic. It can lock and unlock anything with a lock, including paths between worlds. It's also the only thing that can actually destroy Heartless. Anything else will make their bodies disappear, but then they just regenerate somewhere else. You see this keychain here? She points to the item hanging from the hilt. The end of it has a small tire with the word "Lightyear" on it in white letters. That makes it look like this and gives it special properties. I got it from a world called Radiator Springs, where everybody is a vehicle of some sort. It was a fun place!
    Neat! We didn't have magic back home, sadly, and our most advanced tech were cannons and muskets.
    We slew titans with 3D Maneuver Gear, basically a set of waist mounted grappling hooks paired with swords with flexible, detachable and replaceable blades and a propellant on the back of our waist. It was powered by gas.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

9. - Top - End - #69

Alysha grins. Those sound like fun!

My travel method between worlds is called a gummi ship. It was built by Chip and Dale. They build all the gummi ships for Keyblade wielders.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

10. - Top - End - #70

Alysha grins. Those sound like fun!

My travel method between worlds is called a gummi ship. It was built by Chip and Dale. They build all the gummi ships for Keyblade wielders.
    Yeah, it is! Takes a lot of training to master though.
    Really? How does it work?
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

11. - Top - End - #71

Alysha opens her mouth to respond, pauses, then closes it again, thinking. After a moment, she shrugs.

No idea, actually. Probably magic. King Mickey and Yen Sid both know a lot of magic, so they probably have something to do with it. Chip and Dale work out of King Mickey's castle, and Yen Sid was King Mickey's teacher for a while. I just hop in and drive it. And fire at Heartless or Nobodies that sometimes attack between worlds.

((And deadtime for the night.))

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

12. - Top - End - #72
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Mist leans forward, leaning his snout on a hand.
    "Or perhaps I just wanted to wait until you admitted that despite your previous statements indicating the contrary.
    But regardless of all that, would you like to catch a movie sometime, then?"
    he says, falling back to the standard issue destination.
    "I recall no such statements," Tina says, leaning close enough that Mist might become a bit uncomfortable. Her smirk is small but strong, and her eyes fall half-shut as she does so. "And I very much would."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

13. - Top - End - #73

Quote Originally Posted by PallElendro View Post
    Elendro holds his finger up to wait whilst he finishes this last chew of meat. He takes ten seconds, then swallows the mass.
    "I could use one of those for teammates of mine. If they don't need adjustment for body weight, I could take maybe one pack." He resumes eating, but is still listening to what this doctor has to say.
    Andy just rolls up his left sleeve. Then he presses somewhere against his lower left arm and the skin covering the left arm disapears. The skin was a very good illusion so people might not have noticed the machanical arm until now. He opensthe lower arm and picks out a small glass with around 20 pills in it. Then he shuts the armand the illusion comes back. He will put the glass in front of the man. The pills inside are small balls.

"Unless one of your man weights like double or 1/4 of an avarage human, this should work."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

14. - Top - End - #74
    Barbarian in the Playground

Elendro takes the glass, and slides it in his uniform's pocket. As he's doing this, he gets a fast nosebleed on his left sleeve arm to his uniform trousers, and recoils in surprise. "Good for my team but I could use something to plug this up," Elendro says quickly. He's pinching his nose, but it's getting a bit red, now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Savage
    Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

Amelia's Room

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    Continuing to cut and recut, Yuki eventually clears away all of the wires, shaking slightly from exhaustion. He puts away his orb and scalpel, then makes sure that Amelia's systems are reconnected properly. While using magic shouldn't hurt any more than it would anyone else, the long period of no use has left them rather weak. Once he's satisfied, Yuki promptly collapses onto the side of the bed, falling asleep.
    Amelia is probably the first one to wake between them. At first she is a bit startled to find the young doctor collapsed on her bed with her. She quickly guesses that he probably pushed himself a bit too far helping her and has worn himself out. As long as he seems in no danger of stopping breathing she will let him be. She will slip out of bed and head into the bathroom to take a quick shower. It had been a long day and she always finds a shower nice and relaxing.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

16. - Top - End - #76
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Amelia's Room

Amelia is probably the first one to wake between them. At first she is a bit startled to find the young doctor collapsed on her bed with her. She quickly guesses that he probably pushed himself a bit too far helping her and has worn himself out. As long as he seems in no danger of stopping breathing she will let him be. She will slip out of bed and head into the bathroom to take a quick shower. It had been a long day and she always finds a shower nice and relaxing.
    Amelia's Room

Yuki awakens sometime while Amelia is in the shower. He groans and stands up, still tired. Sitting down on the bed, he stretches and glances around, hearing the sounds of the shower. "Hm? Amelia? Are you in there?"
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

17. - Top - End - #77

Elendro takes the glass, and slides it in his uniform's pocket. As he's doing this, he gets a fast nosebleed on his left sleeve arm to his uniform trousers, and recoils in surprise. "Good for my team but I could use something to plug this up," Elendro says quickly. He's pinching his nose, but it's getting a bit red, now.
    Andy searches through his pockets and finds a packeg of handkerchief he pulls one out and hands it over to military man while he puts the rest on the bar in front of him.

"Do you get this often? Or did you maybe come from somewhere much higher or lower then this place?" Andy ask in a typical doctor sound.

He is still a bit curiouse. Not many people have seen his arm befor, but those here seem to see it very normal.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "I recall no such statements," Tina says, leaning close enough that Mist might become a bit uncomfortable. Her smirk is small but strong, and her eyes fall half-shut as she does so. "And I very much would."
    Luckily Mist's snout keeps their eyes from getting that close. Unless Tina wants to get a face full of wet nose.
    "Tomorrow, then? Three o' clock? Here, or perhaps Mallside or something?" he asks, as flatly as ever.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

19. - Top - End - #79
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Andy searches through his pockets and finds a packeg of handkerchief he pulls one out and hands it over to military man while he puts the rest on the bar in front of him.

"Do you get this often? Or did you maybe come from somewhere much higher or lower then this place?" Andy ask in a typical doctor sound.

He is still a bit curiouse. Not many people have seen his arm befor, but those here seem to see it very normal.
    Elendro takes the handkerchief and places it delicately against his nose. "Not often. The air isn't dry; it's probably the Blood Magic. As for elevation, I've been living at about sea level, but I can withstand a kilometre or two uphill."
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Savage
    Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

20. - Top - End - #80

Alysha opens her mouth to respond, pauses, then closes it again, thinking. After a moment, she shrugs.

No idea, actually. Probably magic. King Mickey and Yen Sid both know a lot of magic, so they probably have something to do with it. Chip and Dale work out of King Mickey's castle, and Yen Sid was King Mickey's teacher for a while. I just hop in and drive it. And fire at Heartless or Nobodies that sometimes attack between worlds.

((And deadtime for the night.))
    Sophia listens intently.
    Interesting. You must've lived in an exciting world before you came here.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

21. - Top - End - #81

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Sophia listens intently.
    Interesting. You must've lived in an exciting world before you came here.
    Alyssa shrugs. Eh, not really. I've been to some exciting worlds, sure. But the one I'm actually from, Twilight Town, isn't very exciting. Don't get me wrong. It's a very nice place. Just not really exciting.

Your home sounds really exciting, though.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

22. - Top - End - #82

Alyssa shrugs. Eh, not really. I've been to some exciting worlds, sure. But the one I'm actually from, Twilight Town, isn't very exciting. Don't get me wrong. It's a very nice place. Just not really exciting.

Your home sounds really exciting, though.
    A mix of exciting and terrifying.
    The last of the human race lived in a giant city with three walls around it, 50 meters high. We never expanded due to the titans, who are seemingly limitless, but knew our walls would keep titans out.
    Then a 60 meter titan, aka the colossal titan, kicked through the gate of Wall Maria, the outermost wall, and the residents there were devoured mostly. We just repelled an attack from this Colossal Titan, closing the breach in Wall Rose and skaying the titans inside.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

23. - Top - End - #83

Elendro takes the handkerchief and places it delicately against his nose. "Not often. The air isn't dry; it's probably the Blood Magic. As for elevation, I've been living at about sea level, but I can withstand a kilometre or two uphill."

"That's strange. She appeared like a master to me, can't think that this might even happen. I could have a look over it, but I think the one who did it should have a look. If it's something related to her magic she will suit best in cure it."

Yeah, even thought Andy doesn't even like magic he remains neutral for the health of others.

24. - Top - End - #84

Alyssa cringes a bit.

That...actually sounds really bad. I'm sorry.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

Amelia's Room

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    Yuki awakens sometime while Amelia is in the shower. He groans and stands up, still tired. Sitting down on the bed, he stretches and glances around, hearing the sounds of the shower. "Hm? Amelia? Are you in there?"
    As he calls out he can hear the water shut off in the shower. "Yeah give me a sec, I'll be right out." Amelia calls as she quickly hops out of the shower toweling herself off. She then tosses on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt and comes out of the bathroom her hair still damp. "Sorry about that, it has been a long day. You OK?"
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

26. - Top - End - #86

Alyssa cringes a bit.

That...actually sounds really bad. I'm sorry.
    Thank you, but no need to apologize. It is not your fault, after all.
    Sophia replies with caring in her voice.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

27. - Top - End - #87

Alyssa gives a little chuckle. Well, yeah. I know. But, I still feel bad for you. And everybody else there.

If I could help, I would. I just...don't think I really could.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

28. - Top - End - #88

Alyssa gives a little chuckle. Well, yeah. I know. But, I still feel bad for you. And everybody else there.

If I could help, I would. I just...don't think I really could.
    Same here. That's why I'm going to make up for that by doing the best I can to aid the nexus!
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

29. - Top - End - #89
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Amelia's Room

As he calls out he can hear the water shut off in the shower. "Yeah give me a sec, I'll be right out." Amelia calls as she quickly hops out of the shower toweling herself off. She then tosses on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt and comes out of the bathroom her hair still damp. "Sorry about that, it has been a long day. You OK?"
    Amelia's Room

Yuki smiles at her. "Yeah, I'll be fine. Are you alright though? I've taken out the wires, so you should be able to use magic without the pain now. Give it a shot."
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

30. - Top - End - #90

((Just noticed that my phone has been correcting Alysha's name...))

Alysha grins. That's what I try to do, too! It can be hard, sometimes. But, it always feels good.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS