New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn X: Four Left Paws

Quote Originally Posted by PallElendro View Post
    "If my ship can find me within reasonable time, I think I'll grow to like this place. I just need to grow into it a little. It's not quite like my ship, but it's more like Chikyuu back in the good days."
    Elendro chuckles. "Thinking back on it, I do suppose Chikyuu was a nice place to live. Maybe if I had lived a normal life as an alchemist or an enchanter or conjurer, I could've been arranged with a nice Chikyuu-jin woman from the Kono Sekai De province."
    He turns to Andy, cleaning his fingers of grease. "What was your world like?"
    "Well, not sure how I should describe it." Andy thinks for a moment scratching his head with his left hand.
    "Our technologie was high due to the avarage Level of the Nexus. Laser, complex robots and machines are common. Still thought all under a divine point. The temples have taken over the leading position, since their magic helps creating machines. Also there is a rawr natural place. a place a nature god and his follower domain. Those Paties are in a constant war, but none seems to domain the other one so far."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #212
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Classic Man vs Machine scenario, I take it?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Savage
    Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "Ah, yes." Naku says, nodding. She understands now. "Yes, he's still alive. This happened . . . less than a few months ago, I think."
    "I see." Suscipio mulls over the story in his head for a short, silent minute. "What will happen to you two now, do you think? You wish to be his friend albeit what has happened, I assume. Do you not?"

4. - Top - End - #214

"Classic Man vs Machine scenario, I take it?"
    "No, no." Andy replies fast. "Since this wouldn't be 'Classic at all. There are humans on both sides. It's nature VS technologie."

5. - Top - End - #215

"There was a movement like that back on my home planet. I wasn't there to witness it, because I was in a hibernation." Elendro taps his ACP again, and up pops a bunch of short bearded men resembling dwarves annihilating a group of humans and Chikyuu-jin with flintlocks.
    "Maladorans," Elendro said dramatically. "A particularly militaristic band of them made the first set of flintlock pistols and muskets, based on a design from a Kaito'ion Event that brought a British soldier, having died from gunshot wounds. The maladorans reverse-engineered the guns, applied their engineering tactics, and thus came gunpowder and flintlocks. Long story short, a lot of cities were decimated before a combined force of more egalitarian maladorans banded with the Chikyuu-jin and humans to push back the Black Steel." Elendro closed his ACP again.
    "How was your natural v artificial fight?"
    Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Sophia shouts up at the figures.
    Hey, I can help you guys!
    The two women are nearly directly overhead when Sophia speaks up, but upon hearing her voice, they slow down and rapidly descend until they touch down just outside the inn. The elder of the two exchanges a nod with her young compatriot before asking, "I hate to be so forward, but what are your combat capabilities? I'm afraid that we've got quite a tall order on our hands, and I'd rather not risk endangering anyone who isn't up to the task..." There's more to it than that, of course, but it'd be rude to saying anything remotely similar to "we don't want to take any weaklings who can't get the job done."

((Ark, I don't mean to limit your character's combat abilities, but would it be too much to ask to avoid shifting Sophia into Titan form unless she chooses to fight the Extra boss? It'd be much more fitting for a tough battle that's meant to overshadow the final boss, and I'll make sure that the fights before it aren't anything she can't handle.))

7. - Top - End - #217

Quote Originally Posted by ImpSyndrome View Post
    The two women are nearly directly overhead when Sophia speaks up, but upon hearing her voice, they slow down and rapidly descend until they touch down just outside the inn. The elder of the two exchanges a nod with her young compatriot before asking, "I hate to be so forward, but what are your combat capabilities? I'm afraid that we've got quite a tall order on our hands, and I'd rather not risk endangering anyone who isn't up to the task..." There's more to it than that, of course, but it'd be rude to saying anything remotely similar to "we don't want to take any weaklings who can't get the job done."

((Ark, I don't mean to limit your character's combat abilities, but would it be too much to ask to avoid shifting Sophia into Titan form unless she chooses to fight the Extra boss? It'd be much more fitting for a tough battle that's meant to overshadow the final boss, and I'll make sure that the fights before it aren't anything she can't handle.))
    ((Can do! Sophia personally prefers using her blades and maneuver gear anyways.))

Name's Sophia Godlark, I'm skilled blade wielder and amazingly good at using my 3d maneuver gear. I was trained to slay giants, and although I may not have any projectile weaponry, I have the combat experience to prove my worth.
    Sophia replies, standing at attention like a soldier.
    At this range, the two may notice the girl is extremely well-fit.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

8. - Top - End - #218

"No, I'm OK for now," replies Shame, but no sooner has he said it than a low rumble from the pit of his stomach betrays the truth he was trying to hide. His pale cheeks almost take on a normal tone as color rises into them, and he tries to explain, "I-it's no big deal, really. I've been getting energy and nutrients and stuff...Just not any actual, you know...f-food..."

Should either of them ask how such a thing could be possible, he'll reveal the green-ish patch of skin on the back of his neck and tell them, "I don't remember when it got there, but so long as I don't cover it up, I don't feel weak or sluggish or anything, even when I don't eat...I think it's using photosynthesis or something, absorbing sunlight and moisture...kind of like a plant." This kid just keeps getting weirder and weirder.
    "Well. It sure sounds like you're hungry. What do you want?" Naku asks, smiling pleasantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidarity View Post
    "I see." Suscipio mulls over the story in his head for a short, silent minute. "What will happen to you two now, do you think? You wish to be his friend albeit what has happened, I assume. Do you not?"
    "I dunno. Pretty sure he's moved on to someone else. And I haven't seen him since." Naku says, shrugging slightly. "So who knows."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

9. - Top - End - #219

Delta smiles a bit at the noises Shame's stomach is making. She's glad hers doesn't do that sort of thing anymore.

Oh, shoot! Forgot to introduce myself. My name's Delta. She'll hold out her right hand for Naku to shake. The metal one.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

10. - Top - End - #220
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Amelia's Room

"A tumor?" Amelia seems surprised by this. Also a little concerned. Magical surgery in a room rented at an inn didn't seem as awkward as actual surgery. More dangerous by any rate.

"Are you sure you can get it alright?" The tumor is in a place where it would be difficult to remove. Many modern surgeons that might look at would call it inoperable. Many large blood vessels all around it could make surgery very difficult.
    [Amelia's Room]

"It shouldn't be much of an issue. Just because it's inoperable from a traditional perspective doesn't mean that I can't do it." Yuki smiles reassuringly, starting to get out his equipment again. He stretches a little, then nods. "Alright, if you could just lay down and relax, we can get started."
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Pixie in the Playground

"I dunno. Pretty sure he's moved on to someone else. And I haven't seen him since." Naku says, shrugging slightly. "So who knows."
    His usual grimace returns. Suscipio rubs his shoulder before taking another drink.

"It would seem to me your former friend drew the short straw by burning bridges between you two. If I might ask, what was your reasoning for turning the boy down? Are you not looking for romance?"
    Last edited by Solidarity; 2014-05-08 at 10:49 AM.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    ((Can do! Sophia personally prefers using her blades and maneuver gear anyways.))

Name's Sophia Godlark, I'm skilled blade wielder and amazingly good at using my 3d maneuver gear. I was trained to slay giants, and although I may not have any projectile weaponry, I have the combat experience to prove my worth.
    Sophia replies, standing at attention like a soldier.
    At this range, the two may notice the girl is extremely well-fit.
    The green-clad woman gives a polite bow and responds, "Midori Miyami, and my friend here is Sasha Graymolt. We're looking for someone to help us deal with an unruly spirit with particularly strong magic. You may just be able to help us...but if it's not too much trouble, I'd like to make sure that you have what it takes to stand up to our adversary..."

"Uhh, Mimi-chan," Sasha calls meekly in protest. Midori turns to her as she points out a sign that clearly states the Inn's no-violence policy. "We shouldn't cause a commotion here..."

"Oh! Quite right, Sasha-chan. That would be most inconsiderate...Sophia-san, would you mind accompanying us elsewhere? I'll explain more about our situation along the way."

"Well. It sure sounds like you're hungry. What do you want?" Naku asks, smiling pleasantly.
    Shame suddenly looks quite abashed, like needing to eat is some kind of crime. No use in turning down Naku's generosity, though. "Uhh...I guess a hamburger would be nice..."

((I'll add speech color later, because DANGIT this is taking a long time to type.))
    Last edited by ImpSyndrome; 2014-05-09 at 09:12 PM.

13. - Top - End - #223

Quote Originally Posted by Solidarity View Post
    His usual grimace returns. Suscipio rubs his shoulder before taking another drink.

"It would seem to me your former friend drew the short straw by burning bridges between you two. If I might ask, what was your reasoning for turning the boy down? Are you not looking for romance?"
    "I think he rather did, yes." Naku agrees, nodding, before pausing to think. "I . . . I'm really not looking for romance, no. Not right now. I'm not the safest person to be, let's call it involved with, right now, and I don't want to hurt anyone.

Duty calls. I'll be back quickly."

Shame suddenly looks quite abashed, like needing to eat is some kind of crime. No use in turning down Naku's generosity, though. "Uhh...I guess a hamburger would be nice..."

((I'll add speech color later, because DANGIT this is taking a long time to type.))
    "Absolutely. Give me a few minutes." Naku says, heading back into the kitchen to get some stuff cooking!
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

14. - Top - End - #224

A young man with a brown duster and backpack comes in. He carries a pair of staffs, one under his arm and one as a walking stick, and a dark bird on his shoulder. He takes to a table without any preamble, setting his staves against the table and removing his backpack and coat with a warning of, "I'm taking them off," to his bird. He hangs his bag and coat over the back of his chair.

"You don't have to stay in that form by the way. Nobody really judges in Nexus Taverns. You can feel free to speak, if nothing else." he continues to tell the bird.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

15. - Top - End - #225

The green-clad woman gives a polite bow and responds, "Midori Miyami, and my friend here is Sasha Graymolt. We're looking for someone to help us deal with an unruly spirit with particularly strong magic. You may just be able to help us...but if it's not too much trouble, I'd like to make sure that you have what it takes to stand up to our adversary..."

"Uhh, Mimi-chan," Sasha calls meekly in protest. Midori turns to her as she points out a sign that clearly states the Inn's no-violence policy. "We shouldn't cause a commotion here..."

"Oh! Quite right, Sasha-chan. That would be most inconsiderate...Sophia-san, would you mind accompanying us elsewhere? I'll explain more about our situation along the way."

Sophia shakes her head, smiling and climbing back onto her horse.
    Sure, lead the way!
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

16. - Top - End - #226

Delta will go to lead Shame to the bar, so they can have a seat while they wait.

That's really nice of them to do this for us.

So, I don't wanna seem rude, but...why Shame? Were you born with that name?
    Last edited by KerfuffleMach2; 2014-05-08 at 05:46 PM.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

17. - Top - End - #227

It's been a while since Aiden was last at the Dancing Fox, so it might be a surprise to see him walking through the door. It's definitely him, in the same leather coat as always, but he looks exhausted, walking with more of a slump than usual.

He doesn't sit down for a time, as he's wondering how he'll be received.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Tep, who probably would have changed back ages ago, does so now for the sake of continuity. His glasses reappear on his face, although his book remains in Romeo's bag. Tep makes himself comfortable, lounging on the top of the chair next to Romeo.
    "About time. Listen, do I have to do that all the time? Because I really do enjoy having hands. And frankly almost no one seems to care anyway. Oh, and what is our move anyway? I'm yours, so you can pick whatever job you want for me. I can help with magic, although I'd need to be your familiar to do much besides advice. Or I could just keep your paperwork in order. Simple."
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

19. - Top - End - #229
    Pixie in the Playground

"I think he rather did, yes." Naku agrees, nodding, before pausing to think. "I . . . I'm really not looking for romance, no. Not right now. I'm not the safest person to be, let's call it involved with, right now, and I don't want to hurt anyone.

Duty calls. I'll be back quickly."
    Suscipio simply nods and turns to the last of his drink, mulling over Naku's words.

'I don't want to hurt anyone'? How familiar.

20. - Top - End - #230

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Tep, who probably would have changed back ages ago, does so now for the sake of continuity. His glasses reappear on his face, although his book remains in Romeo's bag. Tep makes himself comfortable, lounging on the top of the chair next to Romeo.
    "About time. Listen, do I have to do that all the time? Because I really do enjoy having hands. And frankly almost no one seems to care anyway. Oh, and what is our move anyway? I'm yours, so you can pick whatever job you want for me. I can help with magic, although I'd need to be your familiar to do much besides advice. Or I could just keep your paperwork in order. Simple."
    "Secrecy was part of your contract," Romeo says in his own defense. "I've mostly been concerned with how we explain you to my master. Not one hundred percent sure with how he'd react to our deal, assuming he doesn't already know. After we figure out how we deal with him, we can give you a job to do." He doesn't have much paperwork anyway. "But on that note, actually making you my familiar would probably help that."

My Characters

21. - Top - End - #231
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Amelia's Room]

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    "It shouldn't be much of an issue. Just because it's inoperable from a traditional perspective doesn't mean that I can't do it." Yuki smiles reassuringly, starting to get out his equipment again. He stretches a little, then nods. "Alright, if you could just lay down and relax, we can get started."
    Amelia hasn't been asked to lie on a bed this much in a long time. "Are you sure you are up for it. You seemed pretty tired after that last procedure." She asks as she lies down once more. Her stomach feels like it is doing flips because of her nerves and she takes a couple of deep breathes through her nose to try and calm it down.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

"Aw, got me there. And Well, I could always keep his papers organized, too. Wizards are always nicer when you offer to keep their books neat. But you're a nice kid, Romeo. I'm sure your master's a fine gent." he says with a grin.
    And if he isn't, then Romeo better think of a solution or else he'll be getting used to cutting holes in the back of his pants. Tep might have been lying a little when he said he wouldn't get any enjoyment out of using that punishment clause.
    "But I'm already yours, so the little details don't really matter to me. Bind away, Master." he says, grinning even wider and holding out his hands.

23. - Top - End - #233

"He is mostly, and he's never out and out gotten angry with me, but I've never literally made a deal with a devil before."

"Alright, this is going to be very magically intense, so brace yourself and keep yourself open. Resistance can break the whole thing. Could you stand on the able please, the circle will help." Assuming Tep does as he's told, Romeo will begin a rather informal Familiarizing Ritual. First the first the tabletop will invisibly seal into a magic barrier. It's not entirely unlike the one Tep was sealed in but it's clearly weaker, obviously temporary, and feels stuffier. It's really just to keep all the magic in. Romeo presses his fingertips against the invisble barrier and his thoughts and emotions begin to pour into the barrier. Inside the barrier it feels like the pressure is rising and rising to near unbearability until it suddenly stops. The pressure in the barrier turns still until it begins to lessen and in it's place a circular band of light, just wider than Tep's wingspan and floating at his chest level, begins to form around him. When fully formed, a thin thread of light snakes its way from the band through the air toward's Romeo. It passes through the barrier and wraps around the wizard's wrist.

The light of the band shudders and needle thin bolts of light fire out of the band at and likely into Tep. The feeling is strange, and possibly unpleasant, but not painful. As the bolts try to absorb themselves into Tep a construct should start to form in his mind. It's very quickly obvious that this construct is a reflection of Romeo, his emotional state, desires, intentions, and where he is. There's the primary emotion of concentration, a background static of worry, and an undercurrent of heady confidence from casting such an intense spell. He might also feel Romeo peering into his own head in a similar manner. The reflection may seem impressive, but there is also a looming consequence Tep would be instantly privvy to. Any command that comes through that construct will be a powerful magical compulsion, and magic can easily come through it as well. It is also very strictly a one way street. About as one way as a waterfall actually.

When the connection and the construct are formed, Romeo stares at the thread around his hand and heady confidence and accomplishment come down the pipeline to Tep. He waves his hand and the barrier dismisses, the band fades and so does the thread, but the reflection of Romeo's mind remains. Air almost rushes into the space on the table.

"How do you feel Tep?" he asks cautiously.

My Characters

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Tep grumbles a few things about how he's a demon and not the kind to be considered a devil, but he'll cooperate, despite clearly uncomfortable in magic circles. He'll adopt a rather dazed look throughout most of the ritual, though. A demon has no body or soul, simply a being, and to alter that being is well, obviously a pretty big deal. Which doesn't mean much at the start, just that Tep can't keep snarking while something that important is happening.
    However, one other thing is important, and that is that Romeo, who for the most part is a very good person, just essentially taped his mind to a demon's, who is incapable of feeling on his own most of the emotions which are quite common in the brain of such a lad. That's...really not normally possible.
    The first thing felt through the Bond is a very profound sense of nostalgia, and a bit of bemusement. There's a whisper from the imp, so soft it might be hard to tell if he actually said it or it's just some sort of echo in Romeo's mind.
    damn, I'd forgotten what that feels like...
    but then the book imp shakes himself rather violently (not too unlike a wet dog, although he'd hate the comparison) and the feeling is gone, replaced with an entirely different feeling containing what Romeo was probably expecting: cynicism, a bit of curiosity, and a bit of irritation at the leash imagery and the fact that he can now being compelled into obeying instead of being simply trusted to follow orders out of loyalty and the Contract. Those first two are quite important: Tep's pessimism and sense of wonder in the face of knowledge are what Romeo will probably be feeling most often. That, and his oddly out-of-place sense of loyalty, but he'll be hard-pressed to find that right now with the demon a little annoyed with the situation.
    "Never better. Nice job, by the way. Not many apprentices can do that kind of ritual so casually on their own." he says, crossing his arms and breaking eye contact as he says it. Romeo will be able to tell that the compliment is actually genuine.
    He might notice one more thing a bit out of place: Tep looks just a little bit different. His brown coat's red tint, previously subtle, is now almost completely gone, and his horns somehow seem less noticeable, despite being the same size and still black. If Tep has noticed, though, he makes no comment nor is there any sense of it mentally.

25. - Top - End - #235

"Thanks, but with a willing participant it's really all theory. My master says even first level wizards can make a creature their familiar and when I asked what a first level wizard was he sort of gestured at me." A bit of self-deprecation to lighten the mood. This was a fairly serious event, and probably not what Tep was expecting at all when he was so eager to be bound.

In the end, familiarization is a lesser form of mind control: an implantation of an empathic bond and a compulsion to serve. The spell (and Romeo) is weak enough that anything but active willingness would have completely broken the ritual. Even being unconscious would have shorted out the spell. Also, the compulsion has to come through the construct to be truly compelling, so Romeo's speech is no more compelling than it used to be. Nothing could have been done about the leash imagery though. It was in the book he read the spell from, so it's how it manifests. ((Belief and understanding are always important in my magic systems.))

Romeo notices the color change but he doesn't say anything, though curiosity floats through their bond. No secrets when you're broadcasting your mind to a demon's.

Romeo finally slumps back into his chair and sighs. A powerful gurgle rises up from the wizard's stomach. "Huh, I'm suddenly starving," he says raising his hand up to call for service. "Do you eat? I know you don't have to but can you? Or enjoy it at all?"

My Characters

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

"Aw, shut up and take the compliment, kid." Exasperation. Tep has been a familiar before, so he really was expecting it. It's just that last time he hadn't been recovering from a decently long period of frustration and trust issues. Besides, I believe he mentioned that his appearance was made as it was when they met on purpose, yes? Like I said, he is one single unit of being. Having those changes made came with a serious mind-screw.
    Actually, that Tep's mind is overall what could possibly be called friendly towards Romeo is somewhat miraculous given his nature and his history. Perhaps he's just big on gratitude?
    "'Course I can. I think I mentioned wine before, didn't I?"
    A pause. Hesitation.
    "Can I make a request of you, Kid?" Embarrassment.

27. - Top - End - #237

"There was a movement like that back on my home planet. I wasn't there to witness it, because I was in a hibernation." Elendro taps his ACP again, and up pops a bunch of short bearded men resembling dwarves annihilating a group of humans and Chikyuu-jin with flintlocks.
    "Maladorans," Elendro said dramatically. "A particularly militaristic band of them made the first set of flintlock pistols and muskets, based on a design from a Kaito'ion Event that brought a British soldier, having died from gunshot wounds. The maladorans reverse-engineered the guns, applied their engineering tactics, and thus came gunpowder and flintlocks. Long story short, a lot of cities were decimated before a combined force of more egalitarian maladorans banded with the Chikyuu-jin and humans to push back the Black Steel." Elendro closed his ACP again.
    "How was your natural v artificial fight?"

"Well, I assume it still is. The fight never really ended. From what my people know, far away in the past while our world was young, humanoid creatures start coming up. Two different kinds each on the other side of the planet. As they came up, they started to evolve different. One of them evolved by natural selection. Strength, mutation and other things happen to them, which drew the attention of a gaod. On the other side, people spend much time in technologie. As you can guess, this drew the atention of another god. Both sides evolved futher and at some point they met each other. Their diference was so strong both sides couldn't understand each other. They started a war, creatures with strange abilities against machines. This went on for hundrets of years until the gods themself appear. The fight ended, at least between the mortals. Since then it seems the fight continued on the devine plane. But that was long befor me."

28. - Top - End - #238

"Geez, no rest for the dead much?"
    Elendro stews on what he's been told for a good minute whilst eating the remnants of his food scraps, then says, "What of the net results of the fight? What was gained? What was lost?

29. - Top - End - #239

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    "Aw, shut up and take the compliment, kid." Exasperation. Tep has been a familiar before, so he really was expecting it. It's just that last time he hadn't been recovering from a decently long period of frustration and trust issues. Besides, I believe he mentioned that his appearance was made as it was when they met on purpose, yes? Like I said, he is one single unit of being. Having those changes made came with a serious mind-screw.
    Actually, that Tep's mind is overall what could possibly be called friendly towards Romeo is somewhat miraculous given his nature and his history. Perhaps he's just big on gratitude?
    "'Course I can. I think I mentioned wine before, didn't I?"
    A pause. Hesitation.
    "Can I make a request of you, Kid?" Embarrassment.
    "Sure," Romeo says plainly, with an undertow of curiosity. After all this, there's no reason not to listen.

My Characters

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

"Uh, could I, uh," Embarrassment. Complete and utter embarrassment.
    "Get some, uh," Oh spit it out you idiot. "pants? It's kinda chilly. And pockets are nice. I'd settle for shorts."