New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

"Oh small words from a big man. How dare you think to attack an unarmed priest in broad daylight. You should put that sword down before you get any dumber." You can see that some people seem to be scattering and others watch what is occurring but try to mask their selective attention.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

Next Round
    [MAP]
    Spoiler
    Show

The Priest shakes points his finger at Bolvar and says "Vongle, su, natu, DROP" Bolvar feels a desire to drop his sword to the ground (Will save to not drop your sword DC 12 as the priest Commanded you to).
    Last edited by crimson77; 2007-04-16 at 03:49 PM.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|5 LVL|LG|M
    hp: 40/40
    |Init +0|Spd 30|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
    Melee Atk |+7 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+3 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
    SV|Fort +5|Ref +4|Will +6|
    STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
    {table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
    0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light | 6 | - | 6 | 0
    1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 0
    2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status | 4 | 1 | 5 | 0[/table]

"Bolvar! Stop this madness! I've watched your back in combat before, so trust me when I say that violence is NOT the answer!" She turns to the priest, frowning. "Father, whether or not you've placed a spell on me, I DO wish to go with you to learn more of this matter. However, if what my learned friend here says is true, then this knowledge my become needless. What did you find, Thorael?"

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC note: She's no longer being held by the priest, correct?

4. - Top - End - #394
    Halfling in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Bolvar| Human | Barbarian | LVL 5 | CG |MED
    hp: 47/47 | Init +1 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 16/11/15 | Breastplate
    Melee Atk | +8 Greatsword | dmg: 2d6+2 | Ranged Atk | -| -
    SV | Fort +7 | Ref +2 | Wil +1|
    STR 14 | DEX 13 | CON 16 | INT 8 | WIS 10 | CHA 12
    [/table]
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table] Listen(1d20) = 14 spot[(1d20) = 13[/table]

Bolvar drops his sword, and his eyes go wide. His face turns pail, and his mouth gapes like a fish out of water. "Know this priest, you still draw breath because these people advocate peace."

Spoiler
    Show

Will save: 1d20 = 3 +1 = 4;
    Last edited by Finn523; 2007-04-16 at 07:47 PM.
    "What will be on the final? Two things. Pain and suffering" -Prof Hanson

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

"Big man, there is no need to draw swords, I use magic to defend myself from the attacks of those with small minds who resort to violence like you. For you loose nothing but face from dropping your sword, you remain unharmed. Thoreal, I too would be interested in what knowledge you have to share with us."

6. - Top - End - #396
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Thorael of Baelsgreen
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Thorael|Elf|Wizard|LVL 5|LN|MED
    hp:20/20|Init+2|Spd30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
    Melee Atk|+1 Longsword|dmg: 1d8-1|Ranged Atk|+4 Lt XBow|dmg: 1d8
    SV|Fort +2|Ref +3|Will +4|
    STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10|CHA 12[/table]

Spells...
    Gilly
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Gilly|Goblin|-|-|-|Small
    hp:5/5|Init+1|Spd30|AC/T/FF|15/12/14|Leather Armor
    Melee Atk|+2 Morning Star|dmg: 1d6|Ranged Atk|+3 Javelin|dmg: 1d4
    SV|Fort +3|Ref +1|Will -1|
    STR 11|DEX 13|CON 12|INT 10|WIS 9|CHA 6[/table]

"I'm sure Rasellia will overlook the slight you just spoke against her, but as i mentioned. The information is for Rasellia... and Rasellia alone. If she chooses to share this with you against the council of her friends, then so be it. We will be just over here. Bolvar... please pick up your sword, and come with us. I need someone to watch my back. If he moves... i'll need to know. Calthoric??" Thoreal turns his back, and moves roughly 20 feet toward the tower
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move - Move to G8, Move Gilly to G7{table="width=100%"]Spot|(1d20+4)[24]|Listen|(1d20+4)[23][/table]oohh... nice look at those rolls
    Last edited by Ayrynthyn; 2007-04-16 at 10:25 PM.
    ~Ayr

7. - Top - End - #397
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light | 6 | - | 6 | 0
    1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 0

Rasellia shakes her head. "Thorael, if there's going to be trust, it's going to have to be two-ways. Whatever you say to me can be heard by any servant of God, because He is who I ultimately serve. It would make little difference whether the Father were here or not.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Thorael of Baelsgreen
    Spoiler
    Show

Spells...
    Gilly
    Spoiler
    Show

The mages stops. Looks at the ground. Sighs. Shakes his head, and looks back to Rasellia, visibly getting impatient. "RASellia... trust is not freely givien it is earned. You cannot trust what lies in mens hearts simply by the post they hold or the clothes they wear. Actually, you can. I cannot. The priest would do well toward earning that trust by giving me my 5 minutes...
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table="width=100%"]Spot|(1d20+4)[10]|Listen|(1d20+4)[22][/table]
    ~Ayr

9. - Top - End - #399
    Dwarf in the Playground

{table] Calthoric Wintersbane | Human| Rogue| LVL 5 | CN |MED
    hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 13/13/10 | Nobles Cloths
    Melee Atk |+3 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+6 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
    SV | Fort +3 | Ref +7 | Wil +0||Arrows:60
    STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
    [/table]

Calthoric looks between the priest and Thoreal. Hearing Thoreal call his name he gives a nod of recognition but remains until Rasellia is allowed to comply by the priest.

Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
    Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
    Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+13
    Search|1d20+9|UMD|1d20+9[/table]
    If you can't be nice...At least be vague.
    Do not anger my sleeping dragons --> See all my Dragons

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

The Priest frowns at the suggestion that Rasellia talks alone with this group. He sighs and shakes his head and opens his mouth to say something but then closes it and scowls.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

She looks at the priest, a helpless expression on her face. "These non-believers won't listen... but I don't want this to come to blows... would it be that objectionable if I went and had a consultation with them?"

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

"Child, only you can decide what you must do. I will not lay a hand upon your so called friends; however, they might not have the same restraint. Do what you must, but remember your true loyalty and who you can trust."

13. - Top - End - #403
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Rasellia sighs a breath of relief, laying a hand gently on the priest's shoulder. "Thank you, Father, I won't be but a moment. And I apologize on behalf of my friends here for the... unpleasantries..." She turns and gestures to Thorael, as if to say "Whereto?"

14. - Top - End - #404

Spoiler
    Show
    [/table]
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table] Listen(1d20) = 13 spot[(1d20) = 13[/table]

Bolvar picks up his sword and places it back to its scabbard. He says nothing as a peaceful resolution is reached, but continues to smolder with rage towards the priest. He finally turns his back to the priest and looks at the group. He says nothing, but still looks very wound up.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Dwarf in the Playground

[/table]

Calthoric Follows Rasellia over to the rest of the group leaving the priest behind. He stows his bow back into is locking strap on his back and thumbs his short sword. "Well this is an interesting turn of events." Calthoric says with a lopsided grin.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ogre in the Playground

The Priest crosses his arms in defiance of Rasellia's choice. He is still frowning and continues to shake his head.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

The half-elf approaches the rest of the party, arms crossed as well. "I hope you weren't just bluffing, Thorael... doing what you and the others have done is in violation of so many laws, sectarian, spiritual, AND personal..."

18. - Top - End - #408
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Thorael of Baelsgreen
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gilly
    Spoiler
    Show

Raising an eyebrow, the mage looked befuddled for just a moment. "We violated what...laws..wha??" Shaking his head the stumbles "Nevermind, you know... i don't even want to know." He glances over rasellia's shoulder to take in the deminour and stance of the priest. "Here will be fine, we're out of ear shot, and no... i wasn't just bluffing." Thorael gives her a scandalous glare. He then glances at each of the companions in turn, before settling on the chosen of god. "I... I cannot break the enchantment the priest has lain upon you. I have not prepared the appropriate magics. You are in danger. While not a truely evil act, corupting and removing free will... isn't good. You're overwhelming desire to accompany this priest to discuss solace in private is the work of magic, *not* faith, and while i cannot prevent you from going i can offer advice. Advice from one ...from many who would call you friend if you would but let us. Faith is pure. Men.. are not. I do not question your faith. I do not question the faith itself. I do question the intentions of this priest. His willingness, his... eagerness... to strip you of your will concerns me greatly. You are in danger. You should be on your highest guard when you inevitably follow him, and have your private discussions. We will let you go, but i cannot promise for how long the conversation will remain... private. With that being said... Solace ask but one thing from us. Do not expose him. Against My council... against solace's request, and without regard to his safety or that of... existence (if his tale is to be believed) you showed him to this priest. I do no know where this abbot intends on taking you, but do not put us, solace or anyone else in further danger by taking the rod with you. Your urge, and desire to discuss him can be satisfied with out solace present. Know that through my whisper spell he was able to convey to me his fear, and that he cannot communicate with you mentally without removing his protections. Spoken word was impossible with the priest so near at anything more than a wisper. Allow me to protect him, and shield him. Please help me undo the damage that has already been done, and you have my word... if it is agreeable to Solace i will return him to you when you have completed your discussions, and are back to your old self... let me protect him, give him to me... and as for my information, we've located the next piece"

Spoiler
    Show
    {table="width=100%"]Spot|(1d20+4)[24]|Listen|(1d20+4)[24][/table]
    Last edited by Ayrynthyn; 2007-04-18 at 11:35 PM.
    ~Ayr

19. - Top - End - #409
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Rasellia blinks at the mage's - exceedingly rare - apparent genuinity. She pauses for a moment, considering his words. "Another piece, you say... that might grant Solace more powers, or more clues as to what it can do... hmm..." Changing tracks with her train of thought for a moment, she eyes Thorael good and hard. "As for the idea of friendship... from the moment I healed your servant up until now, you've done little but insult my abilities while doing little constructive work yourself. My actions might not have been agreeable with you since we've met, but they were certainly nothing to warrant your scorn. You've given me no reason to trust you, other than you haven't physically stabbed me in the back." She sighs irritably and looks back at the priest. "Admittedly, I find the Father's insistance on me travelling with him alone is unsettling... yet he's done nothing more than call you names. Does that treatment sound familiar, Thorael? Perhaps if my friends hadn't made such a spectacle of themselves, he would be more open to discussion. What were you doing that got you thrown on your faces like a bunch of children, anyway?"

20. - Top - End - #410

Spoiler
    Show
    [/table]
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table] Listen(1d20) = 9 spot[(1d20) = 13[/table]

Bolvar looks at the priest, and then at Rasellia. "Anyone that uses magic to force someone into doing something they would not do is evil. It's no different then using a sword or knife to enforce your way. It was the priest that first used magic to control you." Bolvar gestures at Calthoric and Thorael. "I will not speak for them, but I was simply trying to protect you."

21. - Top - End - #411
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Thorael of Baelsgreen
    Spoiler
    Show

Spells...
    Gilly
    Spoiler
    Show

Thorael nods in agreement with Bolvar. "Concern for all our safety, Solace included is the primary driving force here. As to why we found ourselves tossed into an alley, well its a lengthy and quite humerous tale for another time. Right now, our peril is far too perilous. Trust is not Respect. Respect is not friendship. Each of these are foundations that the others are built upon. Not stabbing you in the back is a very trustworthy thing. Genuine truth and frank honesty... none of my words have been false. Both trustworthy things. I apologize if your abilities fail to impress me, but i equate your asking for the power to heal to Bolvar asking his father to slay the big bad orc for him. I would be grateful for both, but neither really garner much respect. Respect for his father...sure. Respect for your god, of course. It's because you don't do it yourself that i can also understand your inability to comprehend the focus and dedication it takes to wield the mysteries of the universe. To see that which I've done. Its no matter, it should come in time. Friendship... well i can understand why you humans would rush such a thing, but it needs time to grow. It needs a solid foundation. Again, this is not really the time to discuss such philosophical things. The peril after all. This is the second time you've risked our safety by confiding in complete strangers. And do no tell me of his faith or his garb. They do not make the man. I do not think these actions were malicious, but i do deem them fool hardy. I do not, however, think that this time will end as pleasantly as the dwarves did. Do not chance it. Do not risk the safety of Solace and of all these people by taking him with you. Leave him with us. Leave him with me, and we will keep him safe..."

Spoiler
    Show
    {table="width=100%"]Spot|(1d20+4)[14]|Listen|(1d20+4)[16][/table]
    Last edited by Ayrynthyn; 2007-04-19 at 08:38 AM.
    ~Ayr

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ogre in the Playground

The priest stands back moving back and forth almost hoping to hear what you are whispering between yourselves. "Child, you almost done over there, we do not want to keep the deacon waiting, he will be interested in what you have to show him."

23. - Top - End - #413
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

The half-elf narrows her eyes in preparation to respond, but is interrupted by the priest. Turning to him, she nods. "Yes Father, just a moment." Turning back to the group, she gives a stiff nod. "I'll be at the inn when this is over. Whether or not you want to meet me there is up to you." She turns on her heel and heads back over to the priest. "Sorry to keep you waiting."

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ogre in the Playground

The priest nods to Thoreal as Rasellia joins him and they start to walk north. "Child, you really should find some more holy company, you never know what the sewer brings in. I would hate for you to loose your faith. Remember the teachings, tis easier to loose one's faith than it is to gain it in the first place. The world can be a dark place."

25. - Top - End - #415
    Dwarf in the Playground

[/table]

"You hope to return to the Inn when this is over you mean." Calthoric watches as Rasellia and the priest walk off. When he is sure they are out of ear shot he turns back to the group. "We do not know the intentions of the cloth in this town but to be on the safe I think it is wise to not let them have two pieces of Solace. The coin that i tossed at the pommel was a test of the security measures in place. I believe if I can gain access to the mage tower I should be able 'borrow' the pommel to insure its safety. Do either of you think you will be able to assist me in gaining access? I have no more money as the damn thieves took my gold so I can not purchase another tour. If we hurry we also might be able to get there before the trap resets saving me from having to disable it."

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Wildboy; 2007-04-19 at 12:07 PM.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

She follows, but frowns. "Unfaithful they may be, Father, but they're still my comrades. They may get themselves in trouble sometimes, but I still garner respect for them..."

27. - Top - End - #417
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Thorael stands there with his mouth agape. Looking from Bolvar to Cal, he just shakes his head. Placing a hand on Clathoric, the mage mutters some arcane words, and the Nobleman disappears. "I'm not sure why you're bothering, but you have 7 minutes." Walking away, he wispers to the group. "Protect her Solace... Protect her and protect yourself. She will not be able to resist them without your help. Pray to whom ever you deem fit that we can survive the coming storm"

Spoiler
    Show

Gah this sites been brutal last few days. Thorael will head to the Magic shoppe to perform his Profession:Shop Keep duties, and then return to the red tower in the late afternoon to seek admittance.
    ~Ayr

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

Rasellia and the Priest continue weaving through streets, Rasellia begins to seem confused as to where they are going, the route seems almost random and she soon is not sure if she could retrace her steps. They finally come to a warehouse and the priest knocks upon the door several times in a almost musical beat. A loud bang is heard and then a acolyte opens the door. The room is large filled with boxes and other assorted common goods. A priest in ornate robes stands in the center of the room and 6 acolytes stand near the door. As Rasellia enters, an acolyte slams shut the door and latches it. The Head priest smiles as Rasellia enters and says, "Child, you must be tired, you are among friends here, feel free to take off your armor and lay down your blade. A warm bath has been prepared for you in the next room." He points to a small adorning room with a curtain drawn. There is a large feast set out on the table next to the room. "We know you must be tired searching for ancient church relics. We have prepared food for you to eat. Come rest, you must be weary. Take your bath and then we will eat. An acolyte can shine your weapons and armor. I do look forward to seen this church relic"

[OOC: map will be a little late in coming - tomorrow]

29. - Top - End - #419
    Dwarf in the Playground

[/table]

Calthoric watches the disinterested Thoreal turn and walk away with a surprised look though none could see through his apparent invisibility. Quickly he moves to the enterance of the mage tower and waits for another tour to begin. He follows the tour until once again reaching the pommel and quickly goes to work on disabling the trap. When he is sure it is sufficiently disabled grabs the pommel quickly tucking it under his clothing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Search|1d20+9|UMD|1d20+9
    Disable Device|(1d20+11)[29]|Open Lock|(1d20+11)[29][/table]
    Last edited by Wildboy; 2007-04-19 at 02:52 PM.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

Another tour soon begins, and the tour takes the group through many of the same areas. Coming to the pummel, Calthoric just barely bypasses the trap and grabs the pummel. Nothing happens when he takes the pummel. However, he realizes that the spell might run out before he can safely escape. The group has moved on a head and he can hear a tour coming with the Imp starting to talk about the sword and how the pummel was found.