New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: [PF] The Pack

1. - Top - End - #121
    Firbolg in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Default Re: [PF] The Pack

Corine

Are you still looking for a bit of fun? The street priest grimaces as only one is distracted by her double. Corine's twin disappeared after distracting one of the three, but now two Corine's split from the same place again, both of them swinging at her assailant. I think we should even up the odds a bit.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Move action for copycat.
    Attack the leader again if he's in reach (or a 5' step will take me there), this time the old fashioned way. If she can't get to the leader, any one will do.
    (1d20+4)[10]
    damage (2d6+6)[15]
    if crit then confirm (1d20+4)[15]
    extra damage (2d6+6)[15]
    Dex

Spoiler
    Show
    Regarding my Necrotic Apprentice trick:
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    This is brilliant.
    Regarding my Non-Epic Hidecarved Dragon:
    Quote Originally Posted by Amphetryon View Post
    Nicely done. Probably too cheesy for many tables, but I'd be inclined to allow it at mine, just for chutzpah.

Have a cookie.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Check out the Versatile Domain Generalist.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

MonkGuy

Faraam

You exit the house and make your way to the well in which Alistair and the group had entered the city. You climb down and follow the tunnel to the grate. Opening the grate, you slip out of the city and are on the open plain outside of Rivvenheim. Feeling the comfort of nature around you, you sprint off in the night towards the treeline. You know there is a little clearing not far from the city where there is a spring and nature seems to just blossom. You make for this spring and after about 15 minutes after leaving your house, you come upon the clearing.

In the clearing there is a small stream that runs down a path of rocks and collects in a little pond. Around the pond grow many wildflowers that you recognize from being here many times before. The trees around the clearing are perfect for a lazy afternoon nap. It is in one of these trees that you climb and settle yourself for some peace and quiet, gazing at the water flow down the rocks and the nature around you.

After a few minutes of silence you hear some movement off to your right. You listen and perk your ears up and after a few minutes you see an unusually large form lumber through the trees. You can't make out exactly what it is but, in the moonlight, you can see that it is an unusually large animal.

Corine

You make another copy and this one confuses the men even more, "Where'd she come from?", the leader asks no one in particular, "An' where'd the other one go?"

You take this moment of confusion to attack. The drunkard sees your sword at just the right time before he swaggers back from you deadly arc.

Two of the men are surprised by your sudden duplicate but one is still undaunted, likely due to the high alcohol count within him.

He takes a swing at you and again misses terribly.
    Last edited by Oseyerys; 2014-06-05 at 09:24 AM.
    Crazy people don't know they're crazy. I know I'm crazy therefore I am not crazy, isn't that crazy?

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Sniffing the air, Faraam takes notice of the direction of the wind and silently hops down from the tree. Circling to the leeward side of the large mass, she stalked her way forward, tracking the animals scent. She smiled under the wrap that covered her lower face, it felt good to be out again, doing something.

Spoiler: Rolls!
    Show

Let's see...

Bein' Sneaky: (1d20+6)[24]

Tracking if needed: (1d20+7)[20]

4. - Top - End - #124

MonkGuy

Faraam

You circle around the mass to get downwind of it and slowly creep up towards it. Getting closer to it, you can hear the animal's heavy breathing and you can hear it growl. You see the animal pause and sniff the air. You duck back behind a tree as it looks around. After few moments of sniffing the animal snorts and continues moving. Making sure that the animal has moved on, you sneak you from behind the tree and begin to track it again. The animal happens to pass under an opening in the trees and the moonlight shines down to reveal it to you.

It is a bear. It is a very large bear. In fact you have never, in all your days spent in nature, seen a bear this large. The bear, on all fours, you guess stands about nine feet tall at the shoulder. It's paws are enormous and look like they could fell trees. Also something about how the bear is lumbering through the trees seems... off. The bear's gait doesn't quite match the gait of every other bear you've seen. The bear appears to not notice you and is more focused on Rivvenheim.
    Crazy people don't know they're crazy. I know I'm crazy therefore I am not crazy, isn't that crazy?

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Faraam proceeds to stalk the bear, keeping downwind and back a good distance so as not to be caught by the creature's nose. She has no particular desire to engage it, just watch the creature. It was... different somehow. It was pretty in a way. If you counted pretty unusual.

6. - Top - End - #126

MonkGuy

Faraam

The bear stares at the city for a moment longer then turns around and heads back the way it came. You scurry to get out of it's path and watch the bear lumber past. Continuing to track the bear you watch as it makes its way to a clearing, different from your favorite spot. This one is bare, save for a large boulder in the middle of it. On this boulder is a woman who is very beautiful. She sees the bear approach and turns to face it appearing undaunted.

"News?", she asks the large animal.

To your astonishment the huge bear responds in a low gravely voice, "Artemis is already in the city. Guards are posted outside at night we won't be able to enter until daylight."

The woman nods, "Very well then, I'll need to send a message to Rayne about Prometheus' new 'pets'. If they know Artemis is alive, then I'm sure Prometheus suspects the rest of us to be alive as well. We need to be ready for the new blood for when he sends them to find us. I do hope Artemis can get the job done."

The bear responds, "Artemis is very crafty, I'm sure he'll find Prometheus."

"... Very well. Let us go", the woman says, "We cannot delay, the wheels have been set in motion and it is time to play our part."

With that the two leave the clearing together opposite the side you are on...
    Last edited by Oseyerys; 2014-06-05 at 10:33 AM.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Faraam waits a minute, and then five in the shadows of the night, debating on going back or tracking them further. Finally deciding that there's not much she could do to the weres by herself at this time of night, she decides to head back into the city and speak to Prometheus about the possibility of relocating.

But not before slinking forward to the spot the woman had been sitting and memorizing her and the bear's scent. She had no desire to be caught unaware by either of them.

8. - Top - End - #128

HalflingPirate

Corine

Why are you suddenly so bashful? Are you having difficulty rising to the challenge? Corine taunts as she swings again.

Show
    Attack (1d20+4)[5]
    Damage (2d6+6)[16]
    Confirm (1d20+4)[24]
    Extra Damage (2d6+6)[14]
    Dex

Spoiler
    Show
    This is brilliant.
    Nicely done. Probably too cheesy for many tables, but I'd be inclined to allow it at mine, just for chutzpah.

Have a cookie.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Vhaidara sighs.
    How about this : two for 44. I can't afford more than that now. The old man doesn't exactly give me much of a budget.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Diplomacy: (1d20+16)[25]
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

10. - Top - End - #130

MonkGuy

Faraam

After memorizing their scent you head back the way you came to Prometheus' hideout. It looks as though your time of relaxation was cut short tonight. You reach Rivvenheim's walls easily and crawl your way into the city, within fifteen minutes you are back at the familiar house you had been staying.

Corine

Your swings cause the drunkards to back up and attack once more. These men seem to be somewhat used to fighting in their drunken stupor, it is unlikely they would know how to fight sober, if they even know the meaning of the word. The one who is in combat with your copy swings and misses stumbling into a stack of crates against the wall of the alley. One of the men attacking you tries to stab you and you contemptuously knock his blade away. While you are doing this however, the other man, the one who you cut, lunges at you and manages to scrape your arm. His thrust propels him behind you where he manages to catch his feet before sprawling on the ground.

Spoiler: Statistics
    Show
    2 dmg dealt to Corine.

Vhaidara

Reevis squints at you for a moment calculating the gain and expenses, "Fine, two for fourty-four but make sure you get me that Spider Venom from the old man eh?"

With that he reaches for another dose and hands the two of them to you.

Spoiler: Dirty Money
    Show
    -44 gold
    Last edited by Oseyerys; 2014-06-05 at 08:01 PM.

11. - Top - End - #131

HalflingPirate

Corine

The woman looks at her arm where a cut should be and grins even wider. Maybe Vhaidara is onto something with Prometheus's potions. She takes another swipe at her eager assailant.

Show
    Attack (1d20+4)[6]
    Damage (2d6+6)[10]
    Confirm (1d20+4)[20]
    Extra Damage (2d6+6)[15]
    Dex

Spoiler
    Show
    This is brilliant.

Have a cookie.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #132

MonkGuy

Corine

The attack falls short of the targets as they sway in and out of your reach.

The drunkard who missed the attack on your copy simply believes he didn't hit her and moves to strike again, once again swiping at the air, almost tripping himself in the process.

The other two drunkards both come at you at the same time, you casually move to the side and they collide with each other, missing you entirely.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Vhaidara smiles as she takes the second dose.
    Always a pleasure Reevis. Hopefully I'll have some more coin next time.
    She pockets the AEther and decides to wander the town a bit.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

14. - Top - End - #134

MonkGuy

Reevis

"Anything for you kid", Reevis grins then adds, "Stay out of trouble now... don't need the guards trailing back to me."

You wander town. Prometheus' hideout is in the slightly poorer section of the city (on the lower tiers), you pass by taverns, brothels, and just little holes in the wall where people have set up shop for the night. There are not many people out and about at this hour.

After a few minutes of strolling through the... less desirable parts of the city you stumble upon one of your favorite taverns before Prometheus turned you, The Siren's Song. There is much commotion and merrymaking inside the bar...
    Last edited by Oseyerys; 2014-06-05 at 08:53 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Vhaidara considers going in, but she's low on money and wants to try her new drug, so she heads for an alley near the bar.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

16. - Top - End - #136

HalflingPirate

Corine

You three almost make decent dancers. If you had just wanted to dance, we wouldn't be in this mess. Corine centers herself, and sinks down to a crouch. She focuses on the beast inside herself, hoping to channel just a tiny amount of that savagery into the next swing.

Show
    Attack (1d20+4)[5]
    Damage (2d6+6)[14]
    Confirm (1d20+4)[7]
    Extra Damage (2d6+6)[10]
    Dex

Spoiler
    Show
    This is brilliant.

Have a cookie.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137

MonkGuy

Corine

The men duck out of the way of you and almost lose their footing. The thug who is attacking your image misses once more and one of the thugs attacking you takes a back-swipe at you with his dagger. The other thug, the one you injured, becomes enraged by your taunt and slashes at you again with his dagger scoring a scratch across your thigh.

Spoiler: Petty Damage
    Show
    -2 again... pitiful.

Vhaidara

Eager to try out your new product you duck down an alley near the Siren and see something almost amusing. Three drunkards are desperately swinging at two Corines. The thugs appear to not be very effectively coordinating and landing attacks.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

Vhaidara laughs at the bumbling drunks.
    Hey there Cor. Need a hand?
    She loosens her scarf and tries to sound sexy.
    Hey boys, come get some.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

19. - Top - End - #139

MonkGuy

Vhaidara

The man who was attacking Corine's copy turns to you, "Hey beautiful... where'd you come from? Don' worry fellas, I got this one."

He approaches you...

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Vhaidara smiles seductively, then whips her scarf at the man's throat.

Show
    Initiative : (1d20)[18]
    Attack : (1d20+3)[19]
    Critical : (1d20+3)[6]
    Damage : (1d6+4)[7]
    Crit Damage : (2d6+8)[17]

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Faraam walks past anyone in the entryway, muttering something about trouble in their direction as she heads directly for Prometheus's room. Opening the door without knocking, not that she didn't think about knocking, she just didn't understand that it would be polite to do so, and she spoke simply, *Prometheus* "Artemis is in the city looking for us."

22. - Top - End - #142

HalflingPirate

It was nice of you to join me. Every time I try to stab one, they fall down and I miss. Its very inconsiderate.

Both Corines leap into the air, simultaneously bringing their blades down on the injured one.

Show
    Ok bits, don't fail me now:
    Attack (1d20+4)[5]
    Damage (2d6+6)[15]
    Confirm (1d20+4)[19]
    Extra Damage (2d6+6)[15]
    Dex

Spoiler
    Show
    This is brilliant.

Have a cookie.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #143

MonkGuy

Vhaidara

Your scarf comes around to whip at the thug and the thug sees it at the last second and puts an arm up to protect his neck. Your scarf lashes the man's arm.

The man comes at you and manages to gash your arm as you swing your scarf about

Spoiler: DMG
    Show
    2 dmg

Corine

The injured man, seeing two fighters come down on him scurries out of the way before launching himself at you once more.

The injured man then strikes at you and scores another gash on you while the other misses once more.

Spoiler: DMG
    Show
    Apparently I only roll a 1 with a d4 so another 2 damage for Corine.

Faraam

Prometheus, who was pouring into his book when you entered doesn't even look at you as he responds, "If Artemis has been alive this whole time I presume he's always been looking for me."
    Last edited by Oseyerys; 2014-06-06 at 01:11 AM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Faraam grunted. True enough she supposed. *Prometheus* "Who's Rayne?"

25. - Top - End - #145

MonkGuy

Faraam

The old man continues to read his text but answers your question, "Rayne was part of Alistair's old group. The group composed of Juliet, Logan, Artemis, Rayne, and Alistair. Rayne was a sorceress, very clever with illusions and altogether very adept at her craft."

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

Faraam nods her head this time instead of grunting. *Prometheus* "I Believe they are planning something for tomorrow. They said they would not be able to enter the city until daylight. They were worried about the guard."

27. - Top - End - #147

MonkGuy

Faraam

Prometheus pauses his reading to glance at you, "Yes well assuming no one has told anyone about me, they will be looking in the wrong spot. My house burned down, I told no one I was even still alive much less where I had relocated to, so long as you have all kept it secret, their plans will likely be in vain although my guess is they simply want to enter the city to aid in the search. How do you know all this?"

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

Vhaidara scowls.
    Didn't your mother ever teach you not to hit a lady?
    She whips her scarf again, this time aiming for the crotch.

Show
    Attack : (1d20+3)[8]
    Crit : (1d20+3)[5]
    Damage : (1d6+4)[7]
    Crit Damage : (2d6+8)[17]

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

29. - Top - End - #149

HalflingPirate

I think these scum raped their own mothers. Right before their fathers raped them. They seem like the type to make a family sandwich. Corine hoped the taunts would keep them off balance a bit longer.

Show
    Attack (1d20+4)[16]
    Damage (2d6+6)[15]
    Confirm (1d20+4)[6]
    Extra Damage (2d6+6)[12]
    Dex

Spoiler
    Show
    This is brilliant.

Have a cookie.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #150

MonkGuy

Vhaidara

Your scarf swings around to strike the man's crotch. The man's eyes bug out as he sees you swing and he desperately jumps to one side to avoid certain castration.

The man, off balance, lunges at you clumsily. Being that you just got done fighting hell hounds, it's like fighting a child. You sidestep easily to avoid his swing.

Corine

Your taunt causes the injured man to hesitate, having to think about who raped who in your statement and how that worked out. You take this opportunity to run him through with your sword. The man looks at you with shock before falling to the ground.

The other man, seeing his dead comrade, panics and slices the air in front of him in a hopeless attempt to hit you.