New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Careless Investigation WW

A rather tall man walks up to the peddler ignoring everyone around him. "I would like to buy that gavel! Here's 55$ for it!"
    Last edited by Nonayer; 2014-07-17 at 02:46 AM.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nonayer View Post
    A rather tall man walks up to the peddler ignoring everyone around him. "I would like to buy that gavel! Here's 55$ for it!"
    "There already seems a bit of interest in the item, and it's early in the day. How about... midday. Does that sound good? Pheh. Yes, if there's been no higher price offered by midday, you can have the gavel for $55. Otherwise... we'll see who wants it more, shan't we?" The Peddler smirks a bit.

((Nonayer currently has the Gavel at $55. If no one bids more on it by midday (after 24 hours have passed in the day), he gets it for that amount. If someone bids more, he will always be given the chance to outbid before the end of day, even if that person makes the bid right before the midday mark. I've yet to decide whether sacrificing strength or testing courage will factor into it; but those do have a specific monetary conversion... For now, I'll say not to factor those in, unless you really want the Gavel and can't buy it without.))

3. - Top - End - #483
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, so Rain Dragon, would you give me one of your charms since you have way more than are of any use to you?

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ogre in the Playground

The Lady exited The Leaf and appeared to move directly towards the Peddler's cart. The mists swirled around her with apparent glee, if something like that could be possible.

She strode up to the Peddler and greeted him as an old...acquaintance? Adversary?

Hello again, Small One. My extended rest appears to have done wonders for my memory. It appears to have become clouded on...certain matters...of my past. This was not expected. This is not something I not abide again.

The Lady looked around at the others gathered before the cart.

You appear more open about your purposes this time. Or at least regarding your wares. Tell me what you see, Peddler. What trinket calls out to you for me?

The Lady gestures towards the spread of items, her hand briefly waving over them.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

5. - Top - End - #485

Nevermind the gavel. How about a ruby and a quartz?

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
    The Lady exited The Leaf and appeared to move directly towards the Peddler's cart. The mists swirled around her with apparent glee, if something like that could be possible.

She strode up to the Peddler and greeted him as an old...acquaintance? Adversary?

Hello again, Small One. My extended rest appears to have done wonders for my memory. It appears to have become clouded on...certain matters...of my past. This was not expected. This is not something I not abide again.

The Lady looked around at the others gathered before the cart.

You appear more open about your purposes this time. Or at least regarding your wares. Tell me what you see, Peddler. What trinket calls out to you for me?

The Lady gestures towards the spread of items, her hand briefly waving over them.
    "Well, memory is a strange, strange thing. Pheh, if it were something I could fix, I would do so gladly. Though, if it were something I could fix, there would be lost memories of my own I'd like to recall... Pah." The Peddler looks away from the Lady and back to the items. "My purposes... well, I'm only here to sell. Perhaps I'm here to help, if it doesn't matter whom I help." He pauses for but a moment. "My wares? Am I so blunt? No, but I try not to sell useless items at a high price. Pah, but when items speak so strangely and so widely... no matter. For you? You've liked the Jade? It still speaks strongly. The armor, the gavel, they're unique. Or... perhaps a ruby for strength and a quartz for-"

Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Nevermind the gavel. How about a ruby and a quartz?
    "Ah, that would be $50 in total."

7. - Top - End - #487

I'll pay the $50.

Extended Sig

Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

I'll pay the $50.
    The Peddler nods and considers the items a bit before handing them over.

((One Ruby has been bought. The other is currently being held for DarkLightDragon. One Quartz has been bought. There are four remaining.))

((Also, 14 hours have just about passed, and there have been no votes. So... decide what you want to do.))

9. - Top - End - #489
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Can we please lynch Lex-Kat, now? She's been alive the entire game, has more wins than everyone, and if she managed to get this far without being recruited, I applaud her pure ability to avoid being targeted.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

10. - Top - End - #490

Why just kill people because of their longevity? Am I missing something?

Extended Sig

11. - Top - End - #491
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Why just kill people because of their longevity? Am I missing something?
    This game is built around personal wins, not team wins. Lex-Kat already has two public wins for being alive this long, which is more than anybody else can claim.

There's also the fact that she's been alive enough to have been recruited and be a wolf by now.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

12. - Top - End - #492

Penquinator, I was thinking the same thing. Lex-Kat
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

13. - Top - End - #493

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    This game is built around personal wins, not team wins. Lex-Kat already has two public wins for being alive this long, which is more than anybody else can claim.

There's also the fact that she's been alive enough to have been recruited and be a wolf by now.
    But wolves aren't a thing. There are 3 teams. One is flavored as police officers, two are flavored as gangs.

Right?

Extended Sig

14. - Top - End - #494
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Well, I won't tell you who for, but I am a scryer, and if it weren't for what I am assuming was the fog, I may actually be able to tell you Lex-Kat's role, but I have no idea what Lex-kat is, so only hope she's not on my side.
    PbP games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Seven Adventurers of Chamar: Running

WW games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Careless Investigation: Running/Recruiting

Titles earned:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Follower of Lolth
    Cataloger of Silly Games
    Lolthdisciple
    The One Who Took The Cookies From The Cookie Jar

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Count Dingdong View Post
    "Well, memory is a strange, strange thing. Pheh, if it were something I could fix, I would do so gladly. Though, if it were something I could fix, there would be lost memories of my own I'd like to recall... Pah." The Peddler looks away from the Lady and back to the items. "My purposes... well, I'm only here to sell. Perhaps I'm here to help, if it doesn't matter whom I help." He pauses for but a moment. "My wares? Am I so blunt? No, but I try not to sell useless items at a high price. Pah, but when items speak so strangely and so widely... no matter. For you? You've liked the Jade? It still speaks strongly. The armor, the gavel, they're unique. Or... perhaps a ruby for strength and a quartz for-"
    The Lady looks at the items again without touching them. Very well then, Small One. Know that my fire is always burning and there are comfortable chairs for all who enter The Leaf. The coffee is always fresh. It is expected.

A ruby and a jade for this night, and a charm for its charm. I am certain it will find its place among my shelves.

EDIT: ((Oh yes...voting. Well, yes Lex has two public wins, but I will be honest, I'd like to get another one too. I don't see that as any reason to kill her off. I'd rather not start the precedent of "Hey soandso is going to get another win if they don't die now!" So to that effect, and because why have single wagon days? Rain Dragon))
    Last edited by EmeraldRose; 2014-07-17 at 04:53 PM.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

16. - Top - End - #496
    Titan in the Playground

Lolth, why should we vote to lynch people based on their role? Everyone has a role so it's not like "because they are a power role" is a good reason. Is Lex a killer or a kidnapper or something that otherwise removes people from the game? If not, I don't see the logic in lynching her for that reason.

Though I'm totally down with Penguinator's reasoning anyway. Lex Luthor shirt today or no.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

That was pretty much the only thing I cared about anyway. I targeted Lex due to the fact that she had the most wins, and only intended to lynch her if she was a killer or kidnapper not on my team. I had a plan, but then my scry failed. So now I can only hope.
    PbP games:
    Spoiler
    Show

WW games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Titles earned:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Follower of Lolth
    Cataloger of Silly Games
    Lolthdisciple

18. - Top - End - #498
    Troll in the Playground

No, no. We should... I will sell my charm and the mystery box to anyone who doesn't vote for me, for.... the Highest Bidder.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

19. - Top - End - #499

I'll bid $0 for the charm!

Extended Sig

20. - Top - End - #500
    Titan in the Playground

I'll bid $0 for the box! (I'll change my vote when I get some kind of confirmation I'm actually getting the box.))

21. - Top - End - #501
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

The Lady looks at the items again without touching them. Very well then, Small One. Know that my fire is always burning and there are comfortable chairs for all who enter The Leaf. The coffee is always fresh. It is expected.

A ruby and a jade for this night, and a charm for its charm. I am certain it will find its place among my shelves.
    The Peddler nods. "Perhaps I will visit your store on some day. Today, I have items to sell, but that may not always be the case."

He pauses as she asks for items. "The jade and charm I can give you, for $35 in total. The ruby, however... one person has asked for it, and it is theirs for $35 if they'd still like it. If they no longer wish for it or do not pay for it by the end of day, you will be the next to have it offered, for $35 as well."

((DarkLightDragon has asked for the final Ruby, and it is hers if she wishes it, for $35. I'd like her to post in-thread confirming that she pays, though. If she would not like it, EmeraldRose may have it, again for $35. For the Peddler's items, I will often have a post confirming the price, and you must consent to the price before you're confirmed to buy it. Once an item has been bought, it will be announced in bold, like I've done before.))

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ogre in the Playground

((I thought there were two rubies?))
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

23. - Top - End - #503
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

((You know what, I want to try something. You guys can pay me 10$ and send me a letter telling who you want me to scry (or make it public, you're choice), and I'll scry for you. I doubt I will get much business, because there is a chance I'm a fool, but hey, the offers out there! It's an extra ten dollars if you don't want me to tell everyone, due to the cost of sending a letter. Also, it's first come first serve, so if anyone actually cares to try this, do it quick))
    PbP games:
    Spoiler
    Show

WW games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Titles earned:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Follower of Lolth
    Cataloger of Silly Games
    Lolthdisciple

24. - Top - End - #504

((I thought there were two rubies?))
    There were. I bought one and DLD is gonna.

Extended Sig

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ogre in the Playground

--OOC--

Hey Ramsus, I'm willing to trade, but not give things away for free. o.O Also, more or less random point.

If anyone wants a charm from me, I'm not interested in selling for dollars at the moment, but if you have a gem you don't want aside from a ruby I'll trade two charms for one gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    No, no. We should... I will sell my charm and the mystery box to anyone who doesn't vote for me, for.... the Highest Bidder.
    Okay... $10 for both from me then, if you're for serious.

EDIT - Miswording
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-07-18 at 06:12 AM.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

26. - Top - End - #506
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

The Peddler nods at the rather tall man (Nonayer), whenever he arrives, if he is no longer by the cart. "It's midday, and a deal is a deal. The gavel is yours, young man."

((The Gavel has been bought.))

((...and DarkLightDragon, whenever you can confirm whether or not you're buying the last ruby? Similarly, EmeraldRose, if you'd confirm whether or not you're buying the jade and charm?))

27. - Top - End - #507
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm dead right now, but I want to say that I really dislike the reasoning of killing people with more wins. I don't view preventing other people from getting wins as an objective unless their win condition conflicts with mine. I'd rather just get as many wins as I can myself.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Titan in the Playground

Rain Dragon, you're insane. Any charms you have more than three are worthless to you. What on earth could compel any of us to give you something more expensive than the charms we can buy from the Peddler? Especially knowing that you'll probably turn around and use whatever we give you against someone else or even the person who gave it to you. If you don't want to earn by good will by giving me something that has value to me and none to you, that's fine. Your loss.

The man turns back to the Peddler and asks, "Any chance I could get a discount on a charm if I buy a gem as well?"
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2014-07-18 at 03:17 AM.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Count Dingdong View Post
    The Peddler nods at the rather tall man (Nonayer), whenever he arrives, if he is no longer by the cart. "It's midday, and a deal is a deal. The gavel is yours, young man."

((The Gavel has been bought.))

((...and DarkLightDragon, whenever you can confirm whether or not you're buying the last ruby? Similarly, EmeraldRose, if you'd confirm whether or not you're buying the jade and charm?))
    ((I will buy the ruby+charm.))
    Click to view my dragons and help them grow!
    Please help my Pokemon!

4TH DEGREE!
    Winner of the 1st, 7th and 8th rounds of original Ready, Aim, Fire!

Pokemon X Info:
    3DS Code: 3110-5232-7003
    Character Name: Gwendolyn
    Pokemon for trade: Here

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ogre in the Playground

The Lady shrugs at the loss of the gem to another, and turns back to the peddler.

Very well, the jade, a charm, and a sapphire. Will $60 of this currency suffice?
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons