New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Default Re: EVE Online 2: Giant in the Sandbox (Still a terrible game for terrible people)

Quote Originally Posted by Venetian Mask View Post
    Well, there isn't a GITS fleet. But I'm FC-ing an alliance level fleet to celebrate my cakeday, so there's that
    Were you Fleet Command? I thought you did a fine job and would happily fly under you any day. Also instead of "jump jump jump" you should have been saying "drink drink drink" to remind people that jump = drink

2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: EVE Online 2: Giant in the Sandbox (Still a terrible game for terrible people)

Quote Originally Posted by Seatbelt View Post
    Were you Fleet Command? I thought you did a fine job and would happily fly under you any day. Also instead of "jump jump jump" you should have been saying "drink drink drink" to remind people that jump = drink
    I was, actually. The fleet I fc'd the next day went a lot better though, mostly because it was actually semi-serious

3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I just arrived at our corp staging area in [REDACTED], hope to be flying with you guys soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Book of Erotic Fantasy
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    If you use a blood-based McGuffin in a campaign with a vampire PC, plan for what will happen when said PC sticks it in his mouth.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

No need to redact that. You just arrived in fair V-3, Catch.

Every spy knows that, I don't see any reason why not to tell the dudes in the playground

5. - Top - End - #95

I convinced my buddy to get Eve. He's literally starting from 0. Hopefully he'll be joining us soon. He likes the idea of mining and industry - he likes crafting.

I was given a destroyer from Test_Free fitted for salvaging. What does one do with a salvage dessie in low-sec?

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Actually, do we have an industrial wing? Because I have a couple 'hands-on' friends that like that kinda stuff...They're the ones that got me into EVE, actually.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seatbelt View Post
    I was given a destroyer from Test_Free fitted for salvaging. What does one do with a salvage dessie in low-sec?
    Not much, really. Your best use of a salvage dessie is either stuff like salvaging the undock, salvaging the site of a large (and I mean large) battle that just took place. Or cleaning up after other pve-ers. The downside is that with Catch being in a transitionary period right now there aren't that many ratters - yet.

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Actually, do we have an industrial wing? Because I have a couple 'hands-on' friends that like that kinda stuff...They're the ones that got me into EVE, actually.
    I honestly am the worst person to ask about industry. I do believe CJ Gallante and BoSS were talking about setting up POSes and the like, they're probably the best people to talk to if you'd want to set up an industry wing. I wholeheartedly condone the idea though

8. - Top - End - #98
    Halfling in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

So, Venetian Mask asked me to post in here to say what's up.

Venetian Mask (aka. Jack Snipe) is a cool dude, and stepped up after I went AWOL to lead the alliance's tabletop gaming club (d20 Squad).

I fully support him in this venture, and I'm sure this corp will have tons of fun.

And if any of you need any help with anything, feel free to contact me as well, I am known in-game and on alliance jabber as Eliphal.

9. - Top - End - #99

Not much, really. Your best use of a salvage dessie is either stuff like salvaging the undock, salvaging the site of a large (and I mean large) battle that just took place. Or cleaning up after other pve-ers. The downside is that with Catch being in a transitionary period right now there aren't that many ratters - yet.
    So then what does a newbro do to make money in losec right now?

10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground

There's this: https://wiki.pleaseignore.com/wiki/C...ic_Professions (only for people in GITS. sorry )

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

I've been killing some (NPC) pirates, and wound up with a fair bit of useless-to-me loot (Laser turrets and crystals, for example). Since they don't seem to be selling for much at the moment, is there a corp hanger I should dump them in as an alternative to refining them for materials? (Also, I don't have access to any corp hangers. Is this intentional?)

12. - Top - End - #102

RedWizardGuy

Brave Collective can't keep a lid on their turf, it seems. Just got podded by a gatecamp in one of their systems.

EDIT: Roughly when can we expect to get a corp office open at the nullsec staging area?
    Last edited by Teln; 2014-05-13 at 05:51 PM.
    If you use a blood-based McGuffin in a campaign with a vampire PC, plan for what will happen when said PC sticks it in his mouth.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

That's the downside of just claiming sovereignty. Because of how bills work a corporation can keep its offices up to two months after the station changes owners. Due to this there are no offices available anywhere in Catch, annoying though it may be.

My advice right now, get in using a covert ops frigate/interceptor or ask one of your corpies for help.

In the near future we will have a corporate staging office in Catch for PVE work and an office in whatever our alliance staging is.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Spamalot in the Playground

Question for the EVE masters - what was this big news story all about? How could an "unpaid bill" result in all-out warfare like this? What keeps people from causing this kind of carnage all the time? Why is a Titan worth $3000? Was anyone from the Playground there while this was going down?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

I know the answer to the 'Why is a Titan worth $3k' question: It's basically an estimation based on average PLEX to ISK prices. But nobody really spends that much. Mostly, it's just a shock factor boost, as saying several billion virtual dollars doesn't have the same punch.

16. - Top - End - #106

I know the answer to the 'Why is a Titan worth $3k' question: It's basically an estimation based on average PLEX to ISK prices. But nobody really spends that much. Mostly, it's just a shock factor boost, as saying several billion virtual dollars doesn't have the same punch.
    I get that nobody actually physically cashes a check for that much to buy one, but in terms of game time, how long does it take to build one?
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

17. - Top - End - #107
    Orc in the Playground

I wasn't there when it went down (I was present at the second and third largest battles, 6VDT-H and Sendaya). But I did fellow from the sidelines. That was a good battle.

EDIT: On the topic of getting a titan. Building a titan takes months and around 80B in resources. Along with that it also requires that you have sovereignty in the system where it is being built and it needs to be built in an assailable facility. This means that in those three months you can lose everything you worked for.

That's why their expensive alliance assets.
    Last edited by Venetian Mask; 2014-05-14 at 06:15 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    I get that nobody actually physically cashes a check for that much to buy one, but in terms of game time, how long does it take to build one?
    Depends. If you have a good supply chain, with all the prerequisite skills, I think the average would be several months, maybe? Venetian would have to weigh in here, but the straight build time is 8 weeks, plus the components, plus whatever else.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

Like I said in my edit, sovereignty and defense are the biggest concerns in building a titan. Many people have ISK, sovereignty and security are a far rarer resource.
    Last edited by Venetian Mask; 2014-05-14 at 06:19 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

So, Venetian. If we're going to start an Industrial wing, I'd be willing to help with that once I get going and if I can get the SBs.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Orc in the Playground

The SBs? If you're talking about skillbooks, iirc CJ has a ton lying around. Otherwise test_free is always glad to provide.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Cool. I think Industry is more my style, anyways. Less chance of being podded, and much, much more income, especially with TEST backing me up.

23. - Top - End - #113

RedWizardGuy

Cool. I think Industry is more my style, anyways. Less chance of being podded, and much, much more income, especially with TEST backing me up.
    Carebears like you are what makes the game's economy function. If you can get down to the staging area (I finally made it! Woohoo!) I'll give you 10% off Jita prices on anything I salvage.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teln View Post
    Carebears like you are what makes the game's economy function. If you can get down to the staging area (I finally made it! Woohoo!) I'll give you 10% off Jita prices on anything I salvage.
    *Cue Old Veteran voice*
    Let me tell you somethin', boy. I can fly a gank-fit destroyer with the best of 'em. I'm just tired of all this fightin' and killin'. I wanna make somethin', for once.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Orc in the Playground

Hehe, let me warn you though: industry in null sec is quite a bit harder than industry in high sec.

26. - Top - End - #116

Like I said in my edit, sovereignty and defense are the biggest concerns in building a titan. Many people have ISK, sovereignty and security are a far rarer resource.
    So to clarify - is this the bill he neglected to pay? If you can set it up to be done automatically, how could this have happened? Why was the whole system/corporation in this one guy's hands?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

27. - Top - End - #117
    Orc in the Playground

So to clarify - is this the bill he neglected to pay? If you can set it up to be done automatically, how could this have happened? Why was the whole system/corporation in this one guy's hands?
    Yep. While you can put bills on auto-pay they still need ISK in the proper wallet, if you aren't attentive enough that'll creep up on you.

28. - Top - End - #118

Yep. While you can put bills on auto-pay they still need ISK in the proper wallet, if you aren't attentive enough that'll creep up on you.
    And only one guy is in charge of/has access to that? They don't have a backup guy monitoring it or able to put ISK in it? Couldn't someone become the treasurer (or whatever position) and then troll/grief their entire corp by either neglecting to pay or clearing out the funds and running for the hills?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

And only one guy is in charge of/has access to that? They don't have a backup guy monitoring it or able to put ISK in it? Couldn't someone become the treasurer (or whatever position) and then troll/grief their entire corp by either neglecting to pay or clearing out the funds and running for the hills?
    It can happen. That's how spies work...They infiltrate a corp, get into a position of some power, and then suddenly all the money is missing and your sovereignty is gone.

30. - Top - End - #120

RedWizardGuy

And only one guy is in charge of/has access to that? They don't have a backup guy monitoring it or able to put ISK in it?
    The way I heard it, the guy in charge of keeping the wallet full was on vacation, his backup was asleep at the time, and everyone else assumed somebody else was keeping an eye on things.