New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The 8 Guilds of Xil

Jot (Waldrick)

Now slightly panting since his rage just wore off, Waldrick assesses the situation around him. Things seem stable, though Jannis still is surrounded by quite a few men. He looks at Huevosa: "Are you allright?" He checks his own wounds, which are severe but not close to lethal and points at Jannis. "Think the big man needs our help?"

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Waldrick
    Show
    (Talking is a free action)
    "I'm A'ok. I don't think so... but if we don't help, he'll probably deduct more pay from of us for not helping... and say something dumb like "bench repair fee's". I don't know what our opponents were thinking, but they seem severely outmatched."

(Maddox, I have not forgotten about you, post coming soon (well, after I get enough sleep to sober up, sorry man.))
    (Currently afk halfway across the country.)

Attempting Homebrew:
    Requip Knight

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

Ioriston walks up to the top of the stairs to assess the situation. He notices a fallen citizen, and a mass of enemies moving in to attack. The increasingly exhausted psion looks out at the civilian to determine if said civilian is alive or dead, then summons a massive

Spoiler: More Property Damage
    Show
    But first, a spot check to see if the commoner in L12 is alive or dead! (1d20+13)[25]

Energy Wall (cold)

Where this goes is contingent on whether or not the commoner is alive or dead, and if I can't tell I'm not taking chances. If alive or undetermined, M13-Z13 and projecting towards the top of the map. If he's dead, Jim, then from J13-Z13.

Anyway, damage:
    To those in row 13: (2d6+7)[14]
    To those in rows 12-11: (2d6+2)[14]
    To those in rows 10-9: (1d6+1)[2]

Fortitude DC 19
    "By the way, do you know the best thing about magic? ... Everything." - Sarda, 8 Bit Theater

Thanks to Madcrafter for the avatar!

4. - Top - End - #454
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler: Using Divine Vigor
    Show
    As a standard action, spend one of your turn or
    rebuke undead attempts to increase your base speed by 10 feet
    and gain +2 temporary hit points per character level. These effects
    last a number of minutes equal to your Charisma modifier. I now move at a speed of 40 and my HP is at 52.

Feeling empowered Fife cast Blade of Blood on his sickle.

Spoiler: Blade of Blood(Swift Action)
    Show
    The next time this weapon strikes a living creature, blade of blood discharges.
    The spell deals an extra 1d6 points of damage against the target of the attack.
    You can voluntarily take 5 hit points of damage to empower the weapon to deal an extra 2d6 points of damage (for a total of 3d6 points of extra damage).
    Last edited by Valery; 2014-06-24 at 07:38 AM.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGirl

Chistara whirls and, seeing no one in her immediate vicinity casts Kelgore's Firebolt at the man nearest her, between herself and the wall of flames (W20). She yells, "Away with, ye! Ye cowardly blackgaurds!!"

Spoiler: Kelgore's Firebolt
    Show
    Range150ft Saving throw-Reflex Half 5d6 damage. If SR still hits for 1d6 dmg. Damage= (5d6)[12]

6. - Top - End - #456
    Troll in the Playground

Jot (Waldrick)

Fatigued from his rage, Waldrick grunts and exchanges his sword for his bow. He is in no condition to run over, nor is he willing to be surrounded by foes again in this state. He aims carefully and shoots at the mob around Jannis.

Spoiler: Attacks
    Show
    Not sure if these guys are actually in melee with friendlies at the moment, so not subtracting 4. If they are, please do subtract 4 from the roll.

Longbow: (1d20+6)[24], damage (1d8)[5]. Crit confirm (20) (1d20+6)[7], bonus damage (2d8)[11]
    Last edited by Autopsibiofeeder; 2014-06-25 at 02:19 AM.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Maddox
    Show
    "You could use a spot of healing indeed Sir Decaying!." She goes ahead and activates the want onto Maddox (You can roll it). Maddox slashes once again. Maddox slashes his foe once, but the man remains standing. His foe attacks the sickle cleric, giving him a small cut, but nothing more. At D3 one of the foes drop to another Paladin. The sickle cleric 5 foot steps back.

"By the powers vested in me by my queen, I demand you DROP."
    The man at D5 immediately falls prone. Solli 5-foot steps and attempts to touch one man, but his arm is swatted away.

The man whom Maddox struck swings back, and misses horribly.

"Does this not feel a little... easy?"

Spoiler: Updated map
    Show

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
    A
    B
    C G G
    D G G G GPr Maddox PF/GP Solli P P
    E O P C C Parila Maddox C
    F STAIRS STAIRS O O
    G P P P P O
    H O P C
    I C P C O C
    J C P C C C

Spoiler: Cherry Home
    Show
    Ioriston, though he can see the commoner, is unsure as to whether the commoner is alive or dead (DC15 Heal check to have a general idea of somethings HP total (higher for other things), unless its obviously dead.) So he fires his wall of cold horizontally. The between the burning and the cold, one of the enemies drop. Fife succesfully casts his buff, as his opponent is too distracted by Ioristons pyro/cryomancy to focus on the deathsinger.

Chistara easily hits her foe at W20, but he's still up and about. (Please list Save DC's next time, it's a pain to have to look for it every time).

Reynauld shrugs at the man who charged him.
    "I warned you son..."
    And he brings his sword crashing down on his foes sword, instantly snapping it in half. He grins at the man and menacingly addresses the man.
    "Go ahead, run."
    Before he slashes the man right through his breastplate. Before the man can hightail it out of there. Arrow fires an arrow in the back of his head, finishing him off.

The fire continues to spread, running a few more GP of Gilde's investment.

(Updated map once Torma decides what to do)

Spoiler: Team Gilde
    Show
    (assuming you both fire at the same target.)
    Between the two archers and Jannis, another man goes down. Leaving 8. Two of them pull bows and fire at their two new assailants. The other grazes Sophia for 1 damage. A section of the barricade. (One rounds before they reach the men behind the barricade.)

Huevosa remains in place.
    "You probably need someone with a rapier to stick next to you while you fire."

Spoiler: Serephina
    Show
    (It is your turn btw)

Attempting Homebrew:
    Requip Knight

8. - Top - End - #458
    Troll in the Playground

Jot (Waldrick)

Waldrick nods. "Sounds good. Although..." He strains as he aims and fires another shot, "You are probably better at this than I am." After firing the arrow, he shrugs. "We can swap roles if you think that'd be better."

Spoiler: Attack
    Show

Longbow: (1d20+6)[14], damage (1d8)[8]. Crit confirm (20) (1d20+6)[8], bonus damage (2d8)[12]

9. - Top - End - #459

Maddox responded as he continued to fight, enjoying the passive-aggression of talking about someone while stabbing them. "They weren't sent here to actually kill anyone; no enemy casters or archers, no large weaponry, idiotic tactics-someone either really needed a distraction or has some sort of byzantine plot brewing."

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+10)[17] Hit(I am still considered a flanker due to Island of Blades)
    (1d20+10)[19] Crit
    (1d6+7)[13]

(1d20+10)[13] Hit
    (1d20+10)[12] Crit
    (1d6+6)[12] Damage

(1d8+1)[2] Da healz

10. - Top - End - #460
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Serephina stays still and throws another shuriken at the other archer at B10 I believe.
    Spoiler: Attack + Damage
    Show
    Attack- (1d20+13)[18]
    Damage- 9
    If I crit- (1d20+13)[24]
    Damage 18
    [roll] 4d6b3 [/roll]

11. - Top - End - #461
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

After grazed by the arrow, Sophia quickly wheels on her attacker loosing two arrows.

Spoiler: Attack rolls
    Show
    (1d20+8)[11], (1d20+8)[16]; DMG (1d8)[7], (1d8)[3]

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    Torma spin and twirls his staff of twirlyness. He blasts the three enemies one, then twice, and they are all alunched slightly into the air from the force of the attack before they collapse onto the ground.

The fire on the benches spread a bit further and the already dropped man at Z11 burns up in the flames. Both of Harnors opponents swing at him and both miss. The four men who executed two commoners move closer to the action and swap their weapons to bows, they all fire at Torma as one of them shouts.
    "We'll surrender after you eat some arrows!"

All of them miss however...

The commoners continue to flee, as one of them (L18) flees his attacker makes an attack against him, decapitating him in a single swing. Most of the commoners, however, manage to run further and make it a relatively safe distance.

The remaining attackers make their move, one 5 foot steps towards the commoner at U20 and runs his sword right into the womans heart, killing her instantly. The enemy engaged with Trinida feebly attempts to attacker, only to have his weapon knocked aside. The one engaged with Fife strikes at him dealing 8 dmg. The man attacking Reynauld attempts to punch him, but Reynauld nails the man on the forehead with the flat of his blade, knocking him out. Another man charges Fife, but misses. Two more men attack Reynauld, but don't so much as dent his armor. The rest (all hit by energy walls) all move into a closer position, moving towards Ioriston.

The attacker at M12 shouts as he executes the commoner beside him.

"Kill the damned dwarf, he's the caster!"

He then runs backwards to view the action from afar. Four more men draw bows and fire at Torma.

Three of them miss, but one manages to strike an arrow into Torma, through his air devotion.
    Spoiler: Dmg, in case you don't prevent it
    Show
    6 dmg

On the right one of the men charges a commoner and slashes him, but Qailee once again intervenes with a wave of her hand.

Thee attackers, whom were hit by radiating cold from Ioristons cold wall, flee northward to the edge of seats. They each draw a length of rope and fasten it to a solid bench as they prepare to make their escape via climbing down the Colosseum wall.

(Cherry homers turn)
    Harnor 5 foot steps northward and shouts at Torma.
    "I feel slightly offended they haven't noticed me as much as you yet."
    He casts defensively and a spray of colors fires at the two enemies engaged with him. One of which becomes Blinded and Stunned, the other manages to resist. He then snaps his fingers and translucent shadowy armor forms around him.

Spoiler: Spellcraft 16
    Show
    Color Spray and Mage Armor

Trinida is not so gentle with her foe, she slams her opponent from below with the flat of her blade, and with a series of strikes, tosses the man as easily as one would toss a salad before crashing him back down onto the ground. She then moves closer to the archers firing at Torma.

"I dare you to fire at my new friend one more time, it will end as badly for you as it did for the last guy."

Qailee squeezes past the fleeing commoners, getting next to Chistara, and manages to get a spell onto fife.
    Fife suddenly feels an abjuration come upon him, making him feel a lot safer. (Shield other: Damage you take is cut in half, +1 deflection to saves, and +1 resistance bonus to saves. DC17 to identify.) He hears Qailee's voice from behind him, she seems very panicky.
    "A-a-are you okay?!"

She then shouts at the attacker of the commoner she saves.
    "Leave him alone! Go away!"

The man turns, as if to run on his turn.
    (DC16: Command)

Harnor shouts to the group.
    "Don't let them flee if we can help it! As far as we know they'll go back to stabbing people in a day or two! If they surrender that's fine."

Spoiler: Legend for map (updating everytime a new thing happens)
    Show

G = Enemy
    C = Commoner
    Bold = incapacitated, cannot fight for some reason.
    GP = Enemy paralyzed
    GC = Enemy dropped by cold
    GF = Enemy Fleeing
    GA = Enemy Archer
    G = Enemy Colded
    Sn = Snow
    Q = Qailee
    H = Harnor
    Chis = Chistara
    Fife = Fife
    Tor = Torma
    Ar = Arrow
    Ior = Ioriston
    Rey = Reynauld
    Trin = Trinida
    Red blocks = Flaming Bench area (spreading 5ft/round)
    Red Block G = burnt guys
    Blue block G = cold guys
    Blue blocks = Cold wall.
    C = dropped commoners

Spoiler: MAPAPAPAPAPAP
    Show

(Cherry Homers left on this turn:
    Chistara
    Fife
    Torma
    Ioriston
    Arrow
    Reynauld)

Spoiler: Team Gilde
    Show
    Waldrick fires, but his arrow only plinks on his opponents armor. Sophia manages to graze the same attacker. Huevosa just puts her hands over her head and sighs.
    "but you're doing such a good job..." She then charges towards the archer hit by Sophia, putting herself into the fray. She prods the man, who then collapses, right as two of the attackers break down the barricade. Immediately, Jannis' guards 5 foot next to them (now you guys are firing into melee) and all strike nearly in unison. Two of them strike true and slash one of the attackers, wounded, the man is then shot twice by Jannis.

Jannis looks up at Sophia.
    "Sweet cheeks, can I get a lift? Right over these moron's heads maybe?"

(Soooo, I forgot Huevosa took out one of the archers in the above paragraph and I had already rolled for both archers. The one for Sophia rolled 2 20's in a row... sucks that he's been already defeated...)
    The remain archer fires back at Waldrick, and just about as well as Waldrick, as his arrow plinks off Waldricks armor as well.

Show

"You really think so? Sucks they just showed up to die and stuff then..."

(The man is prone). Maddox hits his prone foe. His first hit causes the man to stop fighting back... and the second one stops his breathing. Solli 5-foot's back and then speaks two his two foes. "May the night forgive you."

A column of night-sky-blue column of flame descends upon two foes (C10,C11), and they are frozen completely solid.... and then shatter.

The few remaining foes look at the magnificent spell... and then all 5-foot back, dropping their weapons as they do so.

"Mercy! We surrender!"

(Only 3 are left anyway)

Show

(Really sorry, I should have updated the map for you earlier. The Archers are at A11 and A12)
    Serephina does manage to hit the other archer (At A11). Ashelyn follows suit and fires at the same opponent, firing twice, and finishing the archer off. Greywatch, now seemly extremely angry, delivers the gift of death to one more foe. The minkan at M5 becomes further wounded and drops, but is still alive. Eland steps over him and engages, defensively, with the attacker.

"Get the archer quick, then help me out! I'm not one for sword when strategy would do."

Spoiler: Maaaap
    Show

A C
    B C C C C C C C C C
    C M M M M M M GREY M M M M M
    D M Ashe Eland M Sere M
    E M M M
    F M M M
    G M M
    H M M
    I
    J

A horn can be heard in the distance. (Knowledge: Geography or History).
    Last edited by Oko and Qailee; 2014-06-26 at 02:59 AM.

Attempting Homebrew:
    Requip Knight

13. - Top - End - #463

BardGuy

Fife yells in an unnaturally loud voice(Sound Burst), "BE STILL!!!!"

His voice fires a sonic attack at the two enemies in front of him.
    Spoiler: Sound Burst
    Show
    You blast an area with a tremendous cacophony. Every creature in the area takes 1d8 points of sonic damage and must succeed on a Fortitude save to avoid being stunned for 1 round.

Creatures that cannot hear are not stunned but are still damaged.

Spoiler: Sound Burst Damage Roll
    Show
    [roll]1d8[/roll]

Spoiler: Save DC
    Show
    DC15
    Last edited by Valery; 2014-06-26 at 02:51 PM.

14. - Top - End - #464

As a showing of faith, Maddox sheathes his swords, exits Island of Blades and stands at attention, and begins meditating to regain his Charging Minotaur maneuver. As he does, he asks Parila for another charge from the wand.

Spoiler: Another Heal
    Show
    (1d8+1)[8]
    Last edited by RedSand; 2014-06-26 at 05:56 PM.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Sophia gives Jannis a reprehensive look with piercing eyes at his remark. Nevertheless, (double move action for the turn), she picks up Jannis. Once she does so, she asks, "Whither we go, my captain?".

Spoiler: Movement
    Show
    Sophia moves wherever she is instructed to as quickly as possible.
    Last edited by Octauianus; 2014-06-26 at 08:04 PM.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGirl

Chistara runs towards one of the attackers nearest her (Chistara in R22/ Baddy Mcbadderson in s22) and, using a full Power Attack and Arcane Channeling TrueStrike, swings her GreatAxe towards him with a bellow.

Spoiler: Attacks
    Show
    Okay, since thetangled web is down I'm totes guessworking my To Hit, after PMing with Qailee. So, we'll say Melee +10 (-9 for full PA) but with a +20 from TrueStrike and +2 from Fife. Also, since I wield the GreatAxe two handed its double damage so +20 to my damage(including the +2 from Fife. Soooo [roll]1d20+23[/roll] with a + 20 to damage.
    Last edited by Samah; 2014-06-26 at 10:31 PM.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGirl

Spoiler: Let's try that again
    Show
    (1d20+23)[32] And + 20 to damage because it said the message was too dang short.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGirl

Spoiler: Sorry! I suck!
    Show
    Lets do a damage roll!! Because yay! And don't judge all the blonde happening. (1d12+20)[28]

19. - Top - End - #469

GnomeWizardGuy

As one arrow seems it might be about to actually hit him, Torma lazily waves his staff to the side and a gust of wind turns it aside (-8 to the attack roll as an immediate action). "Your arrows will never reach me! Surrender or you'll only die pointless deaths!"

He then begins a repeat of his last actions, this time pointing at H13, more thundercracks echoing out over the fighting.

Spoiler: My Turn
    Show
    All attacks are centered at H13, which means I'll hit only enemies. The enemies I'll hit: F14, G13, H15, I11, J13

Standard Action: BC 30 = Augment x5 (3 ea) + Base DC 15
    Sonic Damage: (11d4+1)[27]
    DC 17 vs Deafened.

Move Action:
    Sonic Damage: (3d4+1)[9]
    DC 17 vs Deafened.

Swift Action (I already spent this with my immediate action deflecting that arrow, since I'd already used a swift action LAST turn.)
    Last edited by Caligstro Smith; 2014-06-27 at 07:03 AM.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Torma
    Show
    The arrow STILL hit's you actually. Your swift action doesn't tell you the result of his attack roll, but you can probably guess what it was. I didn't double spoil it because then it would make it obvious it was a nat20 and you wouldn't waste your immediate.

Attempting Homebrew:
    Requip Knight

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Cherry Home (A hint of Cherry in every PC!)
    Show

As Valery begins his sound burst, both his foes attack him (AOO vs casting a spell). The first one stabs his sword right through Fife (Crit!), he feels the wound close up a bit though as he only takes 8 dmg. The other one manages to slash him as well, but once again, half of the damage is transferred away resulting in 3 dmg. (Accounting for shield other, prayer, etc.)

The first man interrupts Fife's spell, and it fails to go off. (Concentration 8).

(Chistara, you can't PA more than your BAB, since you PA'ed more than that I assumed you PA'ed for 5.)
    Chistara does indeed strike true her opponent for 18. He is still in fighting condition.

Torma, this time, blasts all the men with arrows, doing quite a deal of damage. 4 of them are knocked on their feet and badly wounded, the one who was already dropped gets a few limbs torn off and passes away.

Cherry Homers left:
    Ioriston
    Reynauld
    Arrow

Spoiler: Team Gilde (Not to be confused with Team Guilded)
    Show
    As Sophia flies over Huevosa and Waldrick, Jannis makes her let go as if in response to her question.
    "Not that I didn't enjoy the view Sophia babe, but I'm more comfortable on the ground now that I'm not surrounded by angry plebeians."

He drops and lands in front of Huevosa and Waldrick, making a graceful tumble as he lands.
    "Yo, thanks for the help... or at least trying to. I won't deduct the bench damages from your pay for helping. Whose the new guy?"
    "Lord Jannis, this is Waldrick...he sometimes goes by Girelda."
    "Well, nice to meet-"

He glances up at Sophia.

"Come down and join us! Meet the newbie!"

He then offers his hand again to Waldrick.

"Right, so nice to meet you Waldrick."

Spoiler: Maddox: Now with 25% more Solenus and Lunaris in every bite
    Show
    (Time to meet some new NPC's!)
    Maddox begins his meditation as Parila gives him another heal. She scrunches her face as she asks.
    "Can't you just do this yourself?"

The other members of Silver Flag have crossed into the commoners section, and are wiping the floor with any assailants. Some remain behind, including the sickle cleric and one of the "Paladins".
    The sickle cleric is the first to speak towards the now bound assailants.
    "Whom do you work for?"
    They don't say anything. He becomes annoyed and begins to search them for info, after looking underneath their cloaks he staggers back.
    "They have the painted Minka symbol on 2 of them... and Klanen on another... a poor deception, as if Klanen would have hired someone who doesn't cause explosions. We could just, cut you up... and then speak to your corpses after... or Master Gherrick could use you... he's wanted 3 new Shadows."

The "Paladin" speaks up. A man wearing steel armor, on which is painted the symbol of the Divine One. With some differences. Instead of the overlapping triangle, there is a pair of eyes behind the tree. (Knowledge Religion). He looks about in his 30's. A rugged looking face, with the fuzz of a week old black beard. His hair and eyes, however, are a dull grey.
    "You'll do no such thing and you'll bring no harm to these men."

"As if you can stop me slave of beautiful lies."
    "I can stop you with as little as two words and a swing of my sword, and I will if I have to."
    Last edited by Oko and Qailee; 2014-06-27 at 03:47 PM.

Attempting Homebrew:
    Requip Knight

22. - Top - End - #472
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Sophia lands with a look of disapproval towards Jannis. She then greets to Huevosa, "Good to see you again". She then turns towards man she hasn't seen before (Waldrick), and looks at him inquisitively. "Hello, My name is Sophia. Nice to meet you. I believe you are the new addition as well as I".

23. - Top - End - #473
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Oko and Qailee View Post
    Show

(Really sorry, I should have updated the map for you earlier. The Archers are at A11 and A12)
    Serephina does manage to hit the other archer (At A11). Ashelyn follows suit and fires at the same opponent, firing twice, and finishing the archer off. Greywatch, now seemly extremely angry, delivers the gift of death to one more foe. The minkan at M5 becomes further wounded and drops, but is still alive. Eland steps over him and engages, defensively, with the attacker.

"Get the archer quick, then help me out! I'm not one for sword when strategy would do."

Spoiler: Maaaap
    Show

A C
    B C C C C C C C C C
    C M M M M M M GREY M M M M M
    D M Ashe Eland M Sere M
    E M M M
    F M M M
    G M M
    H M M
    I
    J

A horn can be heard in the distance. (Knowledge: Geography or History).
    "Hold out a little bit longer. Archers wont die that easy yanno."
    Spoiler: Attack + Damage
    Show
    I'm staying right where I am. Attacking the archer at A12- (1d20+13)[30] Damage 9

Spoiler: Knowledge checks.
    Show
    (1d20+6)[22]
    [roll] 4d6b3 [/roll]

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ogre in the Playground

Ioriston continues focusing on maintaining his energy wall, turning to Snow. "I fear I do not have the energy to continue manifesting for much longer this day...and more importantly, that horn means that whatever their goal was here, it has been accomplished. I shall, for the time, continue maintaining my active walls. Orders?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm just concentrating on keeping the second wall up. If anything tries to break my concentration, let me know.

More damage, for the second wall:

In immediate line: (2d6+7)[19]
    Within ten feet: (2d6+2)[7]
    Within twenty feet: (1d6+1)[6]

Fortitude DC 19, again.
    "By the way, do you know the best thing about magic? ... Everything." - Sarda, 8 Bit Theater

Thanks to Madcrafter for the avatar!

25. - Top - End - #475
    Troll in the Playground

Jot (Waldrick)

Waldrick extends his hand to Jannis while keeping a level eye: "The pleasure is all mine." He casually wipes some of the blood of his face, perhaps to stress that he had been in actual melee with attackers, and then adds: "So, what was going on here, eh? Or do all the festivals here end this way?"

26. - Top - End - #476

Maddox turned back to Parila as he retrieved his crossbow. "Sorry. I didn't realize handing you a magic item capable of harming the living and healing the dead would bore you," he teased. He took it back and approached the arguing men.

"Alright, let's hold on a bit, gentleman. This is clearly an attack by someone trying to discredit us. Torturing or killing them is neither wise or necessary. If they know anything, I doubt whoever orchestrated this attack will let us just arrest them. If they don't-and given how ineffective they were, they probably know very little-then it scarcely harms us to let the prisons have them."

With that, Maddox steps up to the bound man, kneels to face him, and waits for him to look at him before asking "you have no idea what's going on, now do you?

Spoiler
    Show
    Maddox takes ten on Diplomacy while speaking to the paladin/sickle cleric, gaining a net 20.
    He rolls Sense Motive to get a hunch for how much these people know.
    (1d20+7)[23] vs 20

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ogre in the Playground

(sorry, had to rush towards the end, Im running late for getting to work D:)
    Show
    "Can you stop those trying to escape the wall? They seemed less interested in attacking the guilds, and more interested in attacking those unarmed... If not, maintain the walls unless we need another one to protect those we've already saved."

(Ioristons wall fails to bring anyone down).

Reynauld swings twice, one at each foe that Ioriston has already burned. Dropping both of them.

Arrow fires at one of the men attacking Fife, hitting the one at O18 for 4dmg.

The commoners continue their fleeing, filling up the Cherry Home section and surrounding Ioriston. Some of them look startled at Snow and Ioriston.
    "Are they enemies?"
    "No, that's that Cherry Home queen or something?"
    "Whose the bronze skinned man?"
    "It's an elf! They eat humans!"
    "No you moron, you're thinking of dwarves or something... this guys a guild member."
    "Why aren't you out there helping, elf and tree lady?"
    "We're going to die aren't we."

Snow tries to calm them down.
    "I assure you all, my guild members are handling everything as best as they can, and no further harm shall befall on you."

(Enemies turn)
    One of the men attacking Harnor is Stunned. The other manages to move close to him and graze him for 4dmg.
    "Ouch. Ok, this counts as my daily workout..."

The archer next to Trinida, nervous, swaps to his sword and attempts to strike her, his sword pitifully ricochets off her armor.

The three remaining archers forget about Torma and fire at Trinida instead (honestly, their chance of hitting Torma is what, 2.5%?). Two of them hit for a total of 12 dmg.

The man who shouted draws out a wand from underneath his cloak. He shouts.
    ""Forget it! We can't get them, just get out if you can!"
    He immediately becomes invisible.

The three men who tied ropes to the walls begin to climb down. Two more men begins to flee towards the wall.

Things however, are not going well for Fife. The two men near him attack him once again. One swings and misses. The other, however, gets a good cut on him for 4dmg. Another joins the group attacking Fife, but misses.
    "Haha, this one is practically defenseless, aint no flying hobbit going to save you little boy."

One attacker coup de grace's the commoner at S16.

One man (whom Ioriston burnt earlier). Moves towards Qailee.
    "Didn't flee with all your your other civilians eh?"
    However, he misses his swing.

Chistara becomes flanked by 3 enemies. Two of them strike her for 11 dmg.
    "Betcha don't like bein on da receiving end eh?"

One attacker runs through Ioristons Cold wall, subjecting himself to damage in an attempt to flee.

Finally, two of them draw bows as well, and fire into the commoners section, not caring who they hit. One of them hits the commoner at P30, who drops.

(Cherry Homers.)
    Trinida charges one of the archers that shot at her... but misses!

Qailee, seeming very panicked at being approached by an enemy, 5 foots away. She fires a ray of light at the one who attacked her, but in her nervousness she misses.

Harnor, seeing the trouble Fife and Qailee are in, 5 foot steps away from his opponents.
    "Sorry, I'll be back with you in approximately 6 seconds..."
    He blinks out of existence and reappears a short distance away. With a snap of his hands another prism of color hits two foes, the one attacking Qailee and one attacking Fife, stunning both of them.

"Qailee are you ok? Fife?"

Spoiler: MAP
    Show

(Cherry Homers left:
    Arrow
    Ioriston
    Torma
    Chistara
    Fife
    Reynauld)

Spoiler: Team Golden, I mean, Gilde
    Show

"The pleasure is mine Sophia."

Jannis looks at Waldrick as though he said something really off.
    "I'd hate to see what festivals you do to where a Chiite attack is the norm... this is pretty bad... even if they didn't harm many guild members... they killed many civilians, certainly much more than they lost soldiers... think of the long term costs! They probably killed dozens of farmers and other people who do things that none of us really like to do but someone has got to do it." He looks as if lost in thought.

"This is pretty bad... Maybe I can move more of the guild to fill those roles... how do you two feel about farming or stone masonry since you're new?"

Show
    "I can hurt and heal already you booger! You welcome anyway though."
    She sticks her tounge out at Maddox.

The Sickle Cleric and "Paladin" pause for a moment. Long enough for Maddox to ask the man his question.

The captive spits in Maddox' face.

"HAHA, serves you right! Siding with Marcus!"
    ...Last I checked... he sided with neither of us. Of course, being of the Home you love to play the victim."

He glares at Marcus, but doesn't take the bait.
    "Whatever, step aside whatever your name is- and portlia-"
    "Parila..."
    "I don't care. These captives are going to Gherrick first. He secures information better than any of the other 3."

Show
    (Sorry, in a rush, just looked at time before work and posts take long. So no flavor. Nextime I'll begin with your post, Im going to be late for work.)
    Serephina and Ashelyn both hit the remaining archer.
    Serephina takes 3 dmg in return.

Eland gets slashed for 8 dmg, clearly not as talented in the defense department as the other Minkans.
    Last edited by Oko and Qailee; 2014-06-29 at 02:12 AM.

Attempting Homebrew:
    Requip Knight

28. - Top - End - #478
    Troll in the Playground

Jot (Waldrick)

Waldrick raises an eyebrow. If Gilde has him perform simple manual labour, he obviously joined the wrong guild. Out of respect, he decides not to voice this opinion out loud. "I'd say that'd be a waste of talent, sir," he says dryly.

29. - Top - End - #479

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Oko and Qailee View Post
    Qailee, seeming very panicked at being approached by an enemy, 5 foots away. She fires a ray of light at the one who attacked her, but in her nervousness she misses.

Harnor, seeing the trouble Fife and Qailee are in, 5 foot steps away from his opponents.
    "Sorry, I'll be back with you in approximately 6 seconds..."
    He blinks out of existence and reappears a short distance away. With a snap of his hands another prism of color hits two foes, the one attacking Qailee and one attacking Fife, stunning both of them.

"Qailee are you ok? Fife?"

Spoiler: MAP
    Show

(Cherry Homers left:
    Arrow
    Ioriston
    Torma
    Chistara
    Fife
    Reynauld)

[/SPOILER]
    Fife, realizing that he is being too overzealous, decides that he must calm himself or else continue to take blades upon his person. Fife takes a 5 ft step back into O-20 and uses Cure Light Wounds on himself.

Spoiler: Cure Light Wounds
    Show
    (1d8+5)[11]

Fife looks over his shoulder at Quailee and replies, "Terribly sorry to worry you. I lost my head there! I forgot that I can't die here!" Fife raises his blade which is still dripping with supernatural blood. "But you must excuse me, as I have people to save!"

30. - Top - End - #480
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Sophia nodded at Jannis' reply. Then, although Sophia was a tad annoyed at the new member ignoring her introduction and deciding to speak with Jannis instead, nevertheless, she laughed a bit at Jannis' suggestion of farming and other manual tasks. Yet, silently she agreed with the new recruit's comment that such labors would be a waste of talent since she had seen how well the recruit had fought. At last, Sophia stood before the two men and turning towards Jannis, she asked, "My captain, new orders?"