New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: AtlanteanTroll's Additional Tirade @ Atrocious Threads Random Banter #207

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    You're both terrible.
    Sometimes I just feel like punishing this thread.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: AtlanteanTroll's Additional Tirade @ Atrocious Threads Random Banter #207

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    I only know the ones they teach in PE & the one where one puts one's hands against the small of one's back and leans back and up with one's legs shoulder-width apart, sorry. Yoga might have some ideas though.
    Yeaaaaaaah. I did some yoga last night, and it helped some. Hot tub killed it for me, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DraPrime View Post
    Sometimes I just feel like punishing this thread.

Yeah, this thread is gong straight down Pun Avenue. Which intersects Words Street right next to the theatre. So really, it's most effective to take Pun Avenue if you want to get to see any plays on Words.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Yeah, this thread is gong straight down Pun Avenue. Which intersects Words Street right next to the theatre. So really, it's most effective to take Pun Avenue if you want to get to see any plays on Words.
    This is nothing, a few dozen or so threads back we had five pages of this.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    This is nothing, a few dozen or so threads back we had five pages of this.
    It was a punderful time.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Well. I just watched the newest Game of Thrones. I'm not going to spoil anything, but damn.... that ending had me gagging.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Well. I just watched the newest Game of Thrones. I'm not going to spoil anything, but damn.... that ending had me gagging.
    Not a fan of gore then?

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Not a fan of gore then?
    Spoiler: Spoilered for Spoils:
    Show
    I didn't mind the gore, really. I survived John Carpenter's The Thing without squicking out too much. But the battle was going so well! Oberyn was being marvelous! And it looked like Tyrion and Oberyn would win the day!

Theeeeen...

*Pop*

I just... gah.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Oh, the un-initiated are so cute with their reactions.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, the un-initiated are so cute with their reactions.
    I survived both weddings. And the gorier scenes weren't too bad. But... BUT MY FAVORITE CHARACTERS..... nuuu.

11. - Top - End - #191

Silly Song of Ice and Fire (fine, Game of Thrones) fans who haven't read the books. Your surprise at the show's twists are so cute.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

12. - Top - End - #192

NecromancerGuy

<_< I'm just confused. I thought everyone's favorite characters were Tyrion Lannister & Arya Stark by now.

Spoiler: Actual Book Spoilers
    Show
    Granted, they're the only decent characters left by the time one reads through the novels, IIRC.

Although...
    Spoiler: More spoiler
    Show
    Jon Snow's *probably* gonna get Rez'd & Daenarys may become interesting again eventually.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2014-06-02 at 01:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Silly Song of Ice and Fire (fine, Game of Thrones) fans who haven't read the books. Your surprise at the show's twists are so cute.
    BUT THIS TWIST WAS SO HORRIBLY SOUL KILLING. Okay, Im done with the caps lock. I just. No. *dies*

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    <_< I'm just confused. I thought everyone's favorite characters were Tyrion Lannister & Arya Stark by now.
    Spoiler: Actual Book Spoilers
    Show
    Granted, they're the only decent characters left by the time one reads through the novels, IIRC.

Although...
    Spoiler: More spoiler
    Show
    Jon Snow's *probably* gonna get Rez'd & Daenarys may become interesting again eventually.
    Spoiler
    Show

But. But. But. Tyrion and Oberyn WERE my favorites. Now Oberyn is smushpastezomg. Tyrion lost the trial by combat. Which means he's going to die horribly and ugh no.

Or.... is he
    ?

14. - Top - End - #194

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    BUT THIS TWIST WAS SO HORRIBLY SOUL KILLING. Okay, Im done with the caps lock. I just. No. *dies*

Spoiler
    Show

But. But. But. Tyrion and Oberyn WERE my favorites. Now Oberyn is smushpastezomg. Tyrion lost the trial by combat. Which means he's going to die horribly and ugh no.

Or.... is he
    ?
    Temptation...to spoil plot...so huge...must resist...cannot mention...that Tyrion...will...
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

15. - Top - End - #195
    Troll in the Playground

It's Game of Thrones. Everyone dies. I don't get the hype about anyone's death anymore, especially if it's a likeable character.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

16. - Top - End - #196
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    It's Game of Thrones. Everyone dies. I don't get the hype about anyone's death anymore, especially if it's a likeable character.
    Sooner or later, George R. R. Martin will have to end the series prematurely as he has accidentally ended up with no more characters left to kill off.

EDIT: Playing Mario Kart 8. This game really drives me up the wall! *horrible pun*
    Seriously though, it's fantastic.
    Last edited by Skeppio; 2014-06-02 at 05:09 AM.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Just watched Star Trek TOS "What are little girls made of?"

It raises so many questions - Should we strive to create a utopia? Would we better of if we did away with our feelings? Why dress your menacing villain in a purple dress with flowers on?
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2014-06-02 at 06:50 AM.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post

It raises so many questions - Should we strive to create a utopia? Would we better of if we did away with our feelings? Why dress your menacing villain in a purple dress with flowers on?
    See also: Equilibrium.

Although I can't help you with the flowers.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

19. - Top - End - #199

For as goofy as TOS is, it does have some good moments.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    Sooner or later, George R. R. Martin will have to end the series prematurely as he has accidentally ended up with no more characters left to kill off.
    You know, that's an awful funny way to say he'll eat himself to death...

In all seriousness. The only truly likable main characters are the Stark children, legitimate or otherwise, and Tyrion. (Though I did enjoy Oberyn during his brief existence.) Danny's too busy being Danny and not doing what she should to rule the Iron Throne to be very likable at this point.

Also, Coid:

Spoiler: GoT Spoilers
    Show
    Jon Snow rez'd? He's not dead...

21. - Top - End - #201

Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    The last we've seen of Jon Snow was the White Walkers walkin' all over where he was. Additionally I personally feel that the big ole prophecy of a king of snow wielding a big ole sword thing (I forget the specifics) is a zombie Snow.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The last we've seen of Jon Snow was the White Walkers walkin' all over where he was. Additionally I personally feel that the big ole prophecy of a king of snow wielding a big ole sword thing (I forget the specifics) is a zombie Snow.
    Pffft. Sure.

23. - Top - End - #203

Pffft. Sure.
    I might just be talking out my ass though since all I know is book 2 and some spoilers.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

Dear Zodalicious -- my gentleman friend has returned from the far North, but yesterday he stopped in your city for several hours on the way. Isn't that mildly interesting?

25. - Top - End - #205

In all seriousness. The only truly likable main characters are the Stark children, legitimate or otherwise, and Tyrion. (Though I did enjoy Oberyn during his brief existence.) Danny's too busy being Danny and not doing what she should to rule the Iron Throne to be very likable at this point.

Also, Coid:

Show
    As far as the Stark children go, I never understood the love for Arya. Her chapters have always bored me, especially since she does nothing of any real significance all the way to book five. Every time I get to her chapter I just sigh and finish it as quickly as possible so that I can get back to the plot.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

As far as the Stark children go, I never understood the love for Arya. Her chapters have always bored me, especially since she does nothing of any real significance all the way to book five. Every time I get to her chapter I just sigh and finish it as quickly as possible so that I can get back to the plot.
    She's more boring in the books, but I like her parts much better in the books. The slow and steady start to the road of badassery.

27. - Top - End - #207

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Dear Zodalicious -- my gentleman friend has returned from the far North, but yesterday he stopped in your city for several hours on the way. Isn't that mildly interesting?
    That is actually quite interesting! How'd he like our little town?

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Black holes suck! Does anyone truly appreciate the gravity of that fact?
    The subject matter is too dense for me.
    Oh geez. You people are so punny. Though I admit it took me a while to get these. I'm a little too down to Earth to think like you two.

ION: Don't Rest Your Head is so fun. Love messing with the players so much. I'm getting better with this vicious DM mindset. Also, anyone with a computer who likes online battle arena games, play Smite. It's so wonderful. Take out Zeus as Cupid, or team up with Roman deities as Chinese ones. It's so fun. And personally I find their viewpoint a little easier to manage than similar games like League of Legends or DOTA. Play it people, you will not regret it. I hope at least. So yeah, this weekend has been fun, and due to weird days and plan changes I am staying with Varsu one more day. Hopefully we can get back to the D&D campaign that we haven't continued in over a month.
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

29. - Top - End - #209

NecromancerGuy

Also, Coid:

Show
    See, whenever people talk about all the good characters being killed off I always want to pull out a picture of Tyrion and have it say "What am I, chopped liver?" Though I can never decide what character to pull out in response to that and have it say "No, that would be me and about 500 other characters."

Spoiler: Song of Ice and Fire spoilers
    Show
    That's because I was talking about a spoiler for the last book(& hopefully the next one to come out), IIRC. Which I found out about *before* the show came out, unless I'm taking crazy pills again.

Why dress your menacing villain in a purple dress with flowers on?
    There are some questions that we will never know the answer to despite all of our science and magic.

This, thankfully, shall be one of them, for the truth of the matter would make mankind go mad with the realization.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2014-06-02 at 02:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    Hmm so that is the trick then? I'll remember that just in case. I've also heard eating bread and similar things helps if having drunk too much. Then again, I would prefer not to drink too much in the first place.
    Hmm, I'm not entirely sure about that, but then again, I know very little about the cause of hangovers, only having understood that dehydration is an important part of it. I think energy may be crusial for burning alcohol, so that may have part in that, and it is true that drinking makes you more hungry...

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    Aww well glad you are feeling better now. What is the temperature typically like over there in this part of the year?
    Well, to be honest, I'm actually not. I'm still under the weather, which is awkward seeing how I have to prepare 15 minutes worth of presentation (30 minutes, but with a friend) to be presented Thursday morning, and I'm having trouble focusing well enough to actually produce much material. Still, we have two full days left...

And... I'm not quite sure. Around 20°C, I think, but I'm not sure if it's supposed to be even greater or lesser or...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show