New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends LIX: Ice Cream, Stamps, and Lorn

I've been testing the Nidalee changes on the PBE lately. Gotta say I'm very pleased with what they're doing to her. They turned her into an AP bruiser and a decently viable jungle (what I've wished for since I first played her). Bit hard to get her Hunted passive off with traps but eh. I just pray to Draven that they keep pounce leaping towards the cursor and R at lvl 1 even if the rest of the changes don't make it thru.

Now if they'd only change her to straight AD/AP I'd be on top of Runeterra.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

I've played three more ranked games, and FINALLY got my first win.

http://imgur.com/a/rNjUN
    I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    I've been testing the Nidalee changes on the PBE lately. Gotta say I'm very pleased with what they're doing to her. They turned her into an AP bruiser and a decently viable jungle (what I've wished for since I first played her). Bit hard to get her Hunted passive off with traps but eh. I just pray to Draven that they keep pounce leaping towards the cursor and R at lvl 1 even if the rest of the changes don't make it thru.

Now if they'd only change her to straight AD/AP I'd be on top of Runeterra.
    why does she need to be straight ad or ap?

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    why does she need to be straight ad or ap?
    She doesn't, it'd just be nice (bit ocd on champs with mixed scaling). Though they added AP scaling on her takedown so its not near as big of a peeve as it was.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?

Steam Profile

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Never play Kayle. Or Evelynn. Or Malphite. Or Tristana. Or Kog'Maw. Or Ezreal. Or Jax. Or Akali. Or... i'm stopping here actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    For what it's worth, the wiki does say that the bork passive is counted like wit's end and similar on-hit effects and cannot crit, which supports it not being able to lifesteal.
    You can lifesteal off of Sheen proc and Hydra AoE but not crit with them.

i played a game of top nidalee yesterday with botrk and my lifesteal against the wight camp stayed relatively constant despite my first attack having >100 bonus damage from botrk and my last hit having virtually zero.
    That's because the proc damage is capped at 60 against monsters and minions and 15% of 60 is 9.

However, I tested it with 65% lifesteal and it appears that you're correct and the passive does *not* benefit from lifesteal. That clears up a lot of my worries about new BoRK, actually, though it brings up the question of why a physical damage passive on an item with lifesteal does not benefit from lifesteal.

I also noticed a bug where taking Dragon's DoT and lifestealing in the same frame reduces the displayed lifesteal number by however much the DoT was (lifestealing for 58 a hit, some frames would be only 43). I can guarantee that this wasn't because I was hitting maximum health, since I made sure I was below half the whole time.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris on a Stick View Post
    Never play Kayle. Or Evelynn. Or Malphite. Or Tristana. Or Kog'Maw. Or Ezreal. Or Jax. Or Akali. Or... i'm stopping here actually.
    Don't remind me....

Steam Profile

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

To be fair, the only one of those that doesn't have the capacity to go both ways reasonably is akali. Every other one is valid in some circumstance as their 'off' build.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinboom View Post
    May I recruit a couple of you guys here to try something a little strange:

5 man team game, finish Beginner bots ASAP.
    e.g.
    All take long sword, aspd runes, heal, barrier, and teleport (on a select couple).
    Warwick, Sona, Jarvan, and high attack damage output champions.

And just push.

I just need a magnitude of "Fast game end" time for this mode.
    We did this:
    Spoiler
    Show

Practically speaking that's 4:45 or so, but the game seems to count the time after the nexus explosion before the Win Screen to game length. I think it's still possible to do about 30 secs - 1 minute better; when the bots came to defend at Nexus, we weren't able to kill them efficiently and so we lost some extra time. Oh, and at the start of the game before minion spawn we suicided to the first mid tower for about 1000 damage, just as a tip to any prospective speedrunners. The first tower is pretty tough due to the champion damage reduction.

Jarvan didn't feel optimal due to his low personal contribution; we instead opted for Elise to juggle tower aggro and for the spiderlings + W to wreck towers fast. Yi plus ASpd is nice and Jinx felt obvious with minigun plus missiles for waveclear. We tried Heimer too but his turret cooldown is too long on low levels. Elise spiderlings are nice tho. Yi's waveclear is also something worth noting. Aatrox is another champ that's worth considering, again to juggle tower aggro and such. Like I said, with optimal mechanical play, optimized runepages and masteries & picks you could probably cut another minute. We only got to try two comps and we didn't go very in-depth with optimizing the pages since most of the group lacked access to all runes and we were pressed for time. But there you go, under 5 mins is definitely and quite easily doable, even with huge mechanical mistakes.

EDIT: Oh, and in addition to getting everyone back fast, TP-tanking minions feels really useful so I definitely prefer TP over Barrier.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2014-06-07 at 02:33 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    You can lifesteal off of Sheen proc and Hydra AoE but not crit with them.
    don't cite hydra proc when it explicitly states that it benefits from lifesteal to differentiate itself from another physical damage on-hit proc that doesn't benefit from lifesteal (tiamat's). the fact that you can lifesteal off of hydra is clearly both a feature and an exception. you don't lifesteal from muramana, either.

That's because the proc damage is capped at 60 against monsters and minions and 15% of 60 is 9.
    Yeah, which means that you deal max damage from 1200 HP and up against monsters, but it doesn't explain the consistent amount of lifesteal between the HP values of 1200 and 0.

However, I tested it with 65% lifesteal and it appears that you're correct and the passive does *not* benefit from lifesteal. That clears up a lot of my worries about new BoRK, actually, though it brings up the question of why a physical damage passive on an item with lifesteal does not benefit from lifesteal.
    because on-hits don't benefit from lifesteal or spellvamp, and while effects that modify your next attack do. the in-game terminology is inconsistent (abilities that apply on-hits also generally apply attack modifiers despite not all attack modifiers sharing the same attributes as actual on-hits) but the mechanics aren't.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

I just played a game as Poppy which was fairly fun even if we didn't win and I could have done better. I rushed Trinity into tank items. By the end I had Frozen Heart, Hexdrinker, and Spirit Visage. I did okay and one point I got two enemies away from the teamfight and killed them both after they wasted ulties on me.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

personally, I woulda gone for randuins over hexdrinker; even just a Giant's Belt would have drastically upped your toughness.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Perhaps. That does make sense. Although tankyness wasn't my main problem it was decision making I would guess. I was often killing their squishies on the back line and I would turn around and see my team dead. I definitely could have played better. I picked up Hexdrinker in the middle of getting the Frozen Heart, I had the Glacial Shroud and I wanted some MR to protect myself from their top Amumu and mid Viktor. But I do see that picking up something else would probably be better.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

-snip-
    Don't patronize me.

That's all I have to say.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

15. - Top - End - #225

CLG vs. Dignitas

Spoiler
    Show
    That looked like Dig didn't know how to deal with CLG's rotations. Just. WOW.

Also, that postgame interview. LOL.
    I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McDougal View Post
    CLG vs. Dignitas

Spoiler
    Show
    That looked like Dig didn't know how to deal with CLG's rotations. Just. WOW.

Also, that postgame interview. LOL.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dig has been getting by on individual talent, their teamwork is most definitely lacking.

CLG had them completely outrotated, but Dig's superior comp eventually won through.

Also, Seraph was completely and totally ineffective the entire game. #FREENIEN

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dig has been getting by on individual talent, their teamwork is most definitely lacking.

CLG had them completely outrotated, but Dig's superior comp eventually won through.

Spoiler: LCS
    Show
    You mean their superior comp eventually didn't prevent them from losing out?

Anyway, that game wasn't nearly so surprising as EG beating C9.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Regarding BotRK on-hit healing: Seeing as it used to have "and heal you for an equal amount" on the %HP damage, and that got removed, wouldn't the logical thing to think be that it doesn't, seeing as Riot explicitly removed it?

It used to be on-hit magic damage with equal heal, now it's just on-hit physical damage 'cause nerfs.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Seraph was sacrificed, more or less. The first death was apparently Link's fault and since then CLG focused on their winning side instead of their losing side, which incidentally won them the game eventually. Nien would've done no better (and he left of his own volition, and in part due to family issues anyways). That said, I don't think Shyvana was the best pick here. If he got going and toplane had gone differently, he could've been a splitpush terror tho, so I can see the logic behind the pick but it certainly didn't pan out.

Also, Dig's composition wasn't superior. I don't get why the casters kept at that. Dig had a great teamfight team but CLG had far superior poke; that's not a superior comp, that's a different one and CLG's map movement allowed them to force Dig to play their game instead and thus Dig never really got the straight-up teamfight they needed. I had thought the community grew out of the "better AOE = better team comp"-stuff back in Season 1 already. They had different comps and CLG played theirs better. Dig needed to setup a flank and a hard engage but they never managed. Had that been e.g. Gambit instead of Dig, the game would've very likely ended differently. Morgana also played a huge part in making it hard for Dig to actually get the engage they needed; Black Shield is a disgusting ability.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

20. - Top - End - #230

RedWizardGuy

I keep playing Corki mostly, with Poppy and either Alistair or Nunu coming close. I'm still only lvl 20, and far from being really good, but here's my opinion of the impact of the item changes on test im my gameplay - on Brazilian servers.

Looking at the notes of the proposed item changes, i feel confident that i'll keep my plan of going for BT, starting with the long sword +3 pots, rushing for an early Vamp Scepter and trying to reach the BF sword before the other side, the exact moment when i'm more often than not getting a double kill over their bot duo, unless i'm too much behind. Up to this point, things have very much improved, as i get more 5 AD, at the exact moment when the reduced life steal from Vamp Scepter would really hurt. On the other side, my oposition gets 1 less AD, and 10 less HP than before with Doran's blade, and are stimulated to double down. So, the extra cost on finishing the BT is compensated by the extra Doran's Blade from enemy's ADC.

On this plan, i'm commited to using Teleport and Exaust as my spells. On bot laning, the versatility of phosphorous bomb at punishing the enemy duo for staying too close to each other, negating them having the easy escape of hiding in bushes, or just to dismiss an enemy wave and leave the exausted enemy facing the mob alone can't be understimated. If i'm playing with a experienced Soraka as my support, we can sometimes go Soraka's Starcall, Corki's Phosphorous Bomb on both enemies and clearing minions, Exaust on ADC, Soraka's Starcall hitting both enemies, while i FF on their ADC. If their ADC flashes, i Valk right along.

And then Soraka gets a very affordable item that makes her almost a better Nunu support than Nunu at early and mid game. Specially given the changes on the chalices, i see Ardent Censer being very popular. After playing with Alistair (who also will become pretty awesome at teamfights), i've been wondering if starting with 2 Charms + pots would be feasible, as i'm very annoyed at the Shurelia's right now. Well, Ardent Censer is AP, mana, CDR and the equivalent to basic boots on a single balanced package. Awesome.

On BT vs BotRK, i consider the shield passive on BT a good improvement for Corki, as he is naturally very squishy. With 15 seconds, that shield will stay the better part of the time full, so it's more or less a free giant's belt. The loss of damage and the increased price get compensated by the early strenght of BF Sword, and nowadays i'm more often than not getting Zeal or Sheen after the BF Sword to keep pressure and afford boots. As Corki is naturally very bursty with TriForce, the nerf on BotRK means nothing directly to him, but the enemy ADC is dealing on the short intervall less damage overall, and have to endure more in the fight.

I think Jinks gets the same benefits overall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

Don't patronize me.

That's all I have to say.
    Could you explain how you think he's patronizing you? I've re-read his post 3-4 times, and looked up the definition of the word at least twice, and spent all day at work reviewing this in my head, and I *STILL* don't see anything other than you deflecting your own unwillingness to do even the simplest of research to back up your own position.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

DIG had a couple really nice strategic games against C9 and LMQ. They at least know what they're doing now compared to TSM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Seraph was sacrificed, more or less. The first death was apparently Link's fault and since then CLG focused on their winning side instead of their losing side, which incidentally won them the game eventually. Nien would've done no better (and he left of his own volition, and in part due to family issues anyways). That said, I don't think Shyvana was the best pick here. If he got going and toplane had gone differently, he could've been a splitpush terror tho, so I can see the logic behind the pick but it certainly didn't pan out.

Also, Dig's composition wasn't superior. I don't get why the casters kept at that. Dig had a great teamfight team but CLG had far superior poke; that's not a superior comp, that's a different one and CLG's map movement allowed them to force Dig to play their game instead and thus Dig never really got the straight-up teamfight they needed. I had thought the community grew out of the "better AOE = better team comp"-stuff back in Season 1 already. They had different comps and CLG played theirs better. Dig needed to setup a flank and a hard engage but they never managed. Had that been e.g. Gambit instead of Dig, the game would've very likely ended differently. Morgana also played a huge part in making it hard for Dig to actually get the engage they needed; Black Shield is a disgusting ability.
    I kept thinking DIG was going to eventually catch the team out. There wasn't much in the way of peel outside of Morgana/Shyvana, but then again, Nidalee, Lucian, and Kha'zix all have nice escapes on their own.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    DIG had a couple really nice strategic games against C9 and LMQ. They at least know what they're doing now compared to TSM.

I kept thinking DIG was going to eventually catch the team out. There wasn't much in the way of peel outside of Morgana/Shyvana, but then again, Nidalee, Lucian, and Kha'zix all have nice escapes on their own.
    I think DIG's teamwork has certainly improved from last split to this one.

Same. Right up until they lost, I thought they were going to win. They just couldn't force fights anywhere until their entire base was in shambles.

Anyways, I'm noticing that a lot of Kayle's are going Hurricane. Is it really that good on her, in comparison to Wit's End? Wit's End does provide extra magic damage, magic resist, and magic pen. While Hurricane I believe has more attack speed, and a small boost to Kayle's AoE. I believe they are comparable in price. So why is Hurricane so much more popular, even when going up against teams with some serious magic damage?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I think DIG's teamwork has certainly improved from last split to this one.

Same. Right up until they lost, I thought they were going to win. They just couldn't force fights anywhere until their entire base was in shambles.

Anyways, I'm noticing that a lot of Kayle's are going Hurricane. Is it really that good on her, in comparison to Wit's End? Wit's End does provide extra magic damage, magic resist, and magic pen. While Hurricane I believe has more attack speed, and a small boost to Kayle's AoE. I believe they are comparable in price. So why is Hurricane so much more popular, even when going up against teams with some serious magic damage?
    I actually had faith in CLG to win that.. And I was quite happy when they did. I was sad that the top lane got sacked though.

Anyways, as far as I'm aware, RH is gaining popularity as her second item since, the bolts apply the damage from Nashor's passive, while also stacking Kayle's passive on each of the three targets. So, three people get their resistances shreded, while also usually eating the splash damage. As far as I'm aware, it came into popular use about 4-6 weeks ago in Korea.
    Last edited by mrcarter11; 2014-06-08 at 12:17 AM.
    DnD Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Evil Human Sorcerer/Rogue (1st/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-12
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-13

25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
    Could you explain how you think he's patronizing you? I've re-read his post 3-4 times, and looked up the definition of the word at least twice, and spent all day at work reviewing this in my head, and I *STILL* don't see anything other than you deflecting your own unwillingness to do even the simplest of research to back up your own position.
    I literally test it out myself and get in response three paragraphs confirming exactly what I just noticed. Maybe I've just had a bad day, but I can't see that as anything except patronizing.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
    its the lower case letters

I literally test it out myself and get in response three paragraphs confirming exactly what I just noticed.
    yeah because you clearly didn't want explanation for why onhits don't go off lifesteal
    on behalf of aetherdurex im sorry for providing content and explaining things
    Last edited by Winthur; 2014-06-08 at 02:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ettin in the Playground

because on-hits don't benefit from lifesteal or spellvamp, and while effects that modify your next attack do.
    According to the wiki:

Tiger Udyr's persistent effect procs lifesteal.

Kayle's E procs spellvamp

Cho's E procs spellvamp(arguably not an on-hit at all, but still)

Jax's ult procs spellvamp

Darius' passive has mixed listings about its ability to proc spellvamp, but I can't test it as I don't own him yet.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ettin in the Playground

Something I just thought of; what are generally considered the top junglers/toplanes/midlanes? There's a sort of top tier for support(Braum, Thresh, Morgana, and.. Janna I think?) and adc(Lucian, Twitch, Kog'Maw), so I'd imagine there's a similar for other rolls, correct?
    I figure it might help me decide which ones to aim for(or practice with) next(especially since I've ended up saving up a large sum of ip again)
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground

Woah, Kog is popular now? Excellent.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

Top top laners? I'd say Renekton, Shyvana and Trundle are there right now, but that's mainly based on LCS popularity.

Mid lane we've got LeBlanc, Orianna...probably some others that I'm less aware of.

Junglers, I have no real idea.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.