New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Castle WW - RECRUITING

CASTLE WW
    by Tasroth
    based on the ABC television series “Castle”

“There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people: psychopaths and mystery writers. I’m the kind that pays better. Who am I? I’m Rick Castle (I really am ruggedly handsome, aren’t I?).

Every writer needs inspiration and I found mine: Detective Kate Beckett.

And thanks to my friendship with the mayor, I get to be on her case. And together we catch killers.”

A Note on Spoilers
    If you have seen the TV series this game is based on, you’ll probably know what plot elements the game is referring to. Remember that not everyone will have seen it, and may wish to do so in future. I myself haven’t seen everything that’s been broadcast. No spoilers please.

Rules
    Spoiler
    Show
    Basic rules may be found here.
    Votes must be in red text. Vote changes must be indicated by striking through the previous vote.
    Day phases will be roughly 48 hours, Night phases roughly 24.
    The 25% rule does not apply in this game.
    Helgraf’s scry interference rule is being used in this game.
    Auto-lynches will occur after three consecutive days without pointing.

Roles
    Spoiler
    Show
    Citizens and Cops
    Spoiler
    Show
    The cops of the 12th precinct (plus Castle), and assorted citizens of New York who may or may not know anything about the murders. They win by eliminating the conspirators.

Richard Castle
    As a mystery writer, Castle has an excellent imagination and can offer a different perspective on events. Sometimes his focus on the story can lead him to a killer... and sometimes it’s just a crazy theory. Each night, he may target a player and try to determine if they are a cop/citizen or a conspirator (Seer/Fool). He always sees Beckett as Beckett. Unlike a normal Seer/Fool, he alternates between nights when he is accurate (Seer) and nights when he might not be (Fool). During a Seer night, he sees Raglan as Raglan.

Detective Kate Beckett
    One of the best homicide detectives in the NYPD, Beckett is capable of amazing insight when working on a case. But then sometimes, even she can get stuck. Each night, Beckett may target a player and try to determine if they are a citizen, a fellow cop (including Lanie) or a conspirator (Seer/Fool). She always sees Castle as Castle and Raglan as Raglan. Unlike a normal Seer/Fool, she alternates between nights when she is accurate (Seer) and nights when she might not be (Fool). Even on a Fool night, she never sees a player as a cop if they aren’t one.

NOTE: Castle and Beckett alternating Seer/Fool will always mean that one of them is the Seer and one the Fool every night.

Detective Javier Esposito
    Ex-special forces, Esposito is the guy you want watching your back. Every night, Esposito can choose one player to protect from the night kill (Baner). He starts the game in contact with Ryan.

Detective Kevin Ryan
    The most junior member of homicide and Esposito’s partner, Ryan can keep unfriendly eyes from identifying his friends. Each night, Ryan may choose a player and pick which role he wants them to scry as (exact name), or whether anyone scrying them should automatically receive “Interference” (Disguiser). He starts the game in contact with Esposito.

Dr. Lanie Parish
    One of New York’s medical examiners, Lanie is usually one of the first on the scene. Every time a player is night killed, Lanie automatically receives a list of players who aren’t a specified conspirator. If two players turn up dead the same night or Lanie is voided, she may work on an additional body by PMing the narrator and staying silent during the Day phase (can’t post in-thread).

Captain Roy Montgomery
    Captain of the 12th precinct, Montgomery’s point counts double. He can also ensure someone is watched very closely. Every other night, he can target a player. Any night actions that player attempts automatically fail (Voider). He may also use this ability to bring Raglan into custody (and remove him from the game), though it adds an extra night of cooldown if he targets anyone other than Raglan. He starts the game in contact with the cops.

Cops
    Montgomery’s team of cops, since they already know none of them has been bought they can trust each other. They start the game in contact with Montgomery and with each other (Masons).

Citizens
    Everyday citizens trying the help the police with their enquiries, they possess no additional abilities.

Conspirators
    Spoiler
    Show
    A shadowy group who seem to be specifically targeting Beckett, and they don’t care who gets hurt in the process. The conspirators may attempt to kill one player each night by PMing the narrator. They win when their numbers equal the surviving citizens/cops.

“The Dragon”
    The mysterious figure behind the conspiracy. He chooses all the other conspirators except the Informer, and Raglan.

Informer
    Sometimes an officer of the law goes bad. The Informer is a corrupt cop, willing to sell information to “The Dragon.” Each night, he may target a player to learn their exact role (Devil). He does not know the other conspirators at the start of the game.

Dick Coonan
    A brutal hitman, if Coonan is lynched one of the responsible cops/citizens is killed as well (Beast). If this would hit a named character, it is redirected to a random cop (if there are any left), or (in order): Montgomery, Esposito, Ryan.

Hal Lockwood
    A mercenary hired by “The Dragon,” Lockwood can kidnap a player every other night. That player is unable to communicate about the game in any way (including PMs, Quicktopics, and any other means of private communication) until the end of the following Day phase. If he targets the player the conspirators have chosen to kill they are not publicly reported as killed until they would receive an auto-lynch warning (start of the third Day since their last vote).

Henchmen
    The various hired guns, corrupt officials, and others “The Dragon” pays or coerces, they possess no additional abilities.

Neutral
    Spoiler
    Show
    John Raglan
    A former NYPD detective with some connection to the conspiracy. Raglan wins if he survives. He is chosen by “The Dragon” and begins the game knowing the identity of “The Dragon” and a random Henchman.

Players – 12/25
    Spoiler
    Show
    Askthepizzaguy
    AsteronIronhoof
    bladescape
    Count Dingdong
    Duck999
    Elemental
    Lex-Kat
    mangosta71
    Penguinator
    Qwaz
    Ramsus
    Thufir
    Last edited by Tasroth; 2014-08-21 at 04:44 AM.
    What do you mean "Dungeon Master" isn't a proper job?

Thanks to Thufir for the avatar.

D&D Characters Past and Present:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Honest Man (3.5 LG human fighter), Princess Kailee (4e Good elf cleric), Elric (4e Good human paladin)
    Talia Dakashnit (3.5 CE human fighter), Gabriel Stryfe (d20 Modern fast hero), Tacin Willow (3.5 NG human fighter//bard)

GitP Blood Bowl Legacy League - Season 3 recruiting

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Castle WW - RECRUITING

In.

I'm confused, does the Dragon choose Raglan or not? Under the Dragon you say they don't, but under Raglan you say they do.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

How big are you planning on this being?

In
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I'm confused, does the Dragon choose Raglan or not? Under the Dragon you say they don't, but under Raglan you say they do.
    The Dragon does choose Raglan. I did realise that statement was a bit unclear. This bit
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasroth View Post
    He chooses all the other conspirators except the Informer, and Raglan.
    means he chooses all the other conspirators except the Informer, and also chooses Raglan, who is not a conspirator.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    How big are you planning on this being?
    I'm hoping for about 30 players, though it should work with less. More would also be welcome.

Spoiler
    Show

The Honest Man (3.5 LG human fighter), Princess Kailee (4e Good elf cleric), Elric (4e Good human paladin)
    Talia Dakashnit (3.5 CE human fighter), Gabriel Stryfe (d20 Modern fast hero), Tacin Willow (3.5 NG human fighter//bard)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

In. I actually saw... a couple episodes.

Have you pointed out that you're recruiting in WW Central, yet?

Perhaps "as well as Raglan?"
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2014-06-24 at 10:56 PM.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

Castle WW? Hells to the yes.

Though tbh I'm still touchy about the fact that they could've made an amazing platonic partnership in it instead of forcing the romance at every step but you know, they kinda made it obvious they were going to force the romance so don't even ask me why I feel this way.

I still think they could've made an epic Platonic relationship.

Oh, in.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    Though tbh I'm still touchy about the fact that they could've made an amazing platonic partnership in it instead of forcing the romance at every step but you know, they kinda made it obvious they were going to force the romance so don't even ask me why I feel this way.
    This is how I feel every time Holmes/Watson is female.

Also, I'd thought to try the revolving Seer/Fool role before, so it will be interesting to see how it pans out here.

Question, Tasroth. When Beckett/Castle dies, does their counterpart remain with the rotation of Seer/Fool?

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Question, Tasroth. When Beckett/Castle dies, does their counterpart remain with the rotation of Seer/Fool?
    They keep rotating.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'll play.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Thufir! It's been a while.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

*sigh* Well, I'll be runnin out of games soon, and this one needs players.

The game setup was the thing that was keeping me from signing up- looks complicated, have no idea what to do, etc.

I guess I'll be a meat shield until I figure it out.
    Fleeing Coward: "We're both agreed that Banjo and I should be the next 2 to die, why are you so desperate to lynch me over Banjo today?"
    Pizzaguy: "Because there is a void, an emptiness in my soul, from having killed poor Eldritch Knight. And I can fill that void with your corpse, and put my danged pizza back on my avatar."

Pizzaguy: "I'm gonna try and bane the folks you try to murder. It will be a fun game of cat and mouse."

Pizzaguy: "Mason, Baner, Seer, is not a coincidence."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

IN. Pizzaguy.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

In. Sounds fun! hopefully it actually takes off
    PbP games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Seven Adventurers of Chamar: Running

WW games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Careless Investigation: Running/Recruiting

Titles earned:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Follower of Lolth
    Cataloger of Silly Games
    Lolthdisciple
    The One Who Took The Cookies From The Cookie Jar

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

What, exactly, does Dr. Lanie do? Didn't quite get what you meant.
    PbP games:
    Spoiler
    Show

WW games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Titles earned:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Follower of Lolth
    Cataloger of Silly Games
    Lolthdisciple

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lolthfollower View Post
    What, exactly, does Dr. Lanie do? Didn't quite get what you meant.
    Whenever a player is killed by the conspirators, Lanie automatically receives a list of names, along with a living conspirator role (Coonan, Lockwood, Henchman A, etc). Every player on the list is NOT that particular conspirator (though they could be a different conspirator). While both the conspirator and names are random, if the same conspirator comes up more than once, no names will be repeated. I'll probably send the full set of information so far every time the ability activates (so whoever is Lanie doesn't need to keep extensive notes if they don't want to).

For example:

Night 1, a player is killed.
    Lanie is told that player A, player B (who is a different conspirator, Henchman #1), and player C, are not Hal Lockwood.
    Night 2, a player is killed.
    Lanie is told that player A, player D, and player E are not Henchman #1.
    Night 3, a player is killed.
    The random result gives Lockwood again, so Lanie is told that player E, player F, and player G are not Hal Lockwood.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

Sign me up good sir.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

What about the thing that can happen if two people die in one night?
    PbP games:
    Spoiler
    Show

WW games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Titles earned:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Follower of Lolth
    Cataloger of Silly Games
    Lolthdisciple

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

In

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

What about the thing that can happen if two people die in one night?
    If two bodies turn up during the same night (due to Lockwood causing a silent kill a night or two previously), Lanie gets one list as normal, and is given the option of self-silencing (cannot post in the game thread) for the day to receive a second list (since there were two bodies). If she doesn't, she will receive the second list the next time a body DOESN'T show up (due to either a successful Bane, another silent kill, or the conspirators failing to send in a kill).

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Ah, okay. Makes sense now.
    PbP games:
    Spoiler
    Show

WW games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Titles earned:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Follower of Lolth
    Cataloger of Silly Games
    Lolthdisciple

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

So, how many more playrs do we need?
    PbP games:
    Spoiler
    Show

WW games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Titles earned:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Follower of Lolth
    Cataloger of Silly Games
    Lolthdisciple

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, I'd like to get 30 total (20 more), but I'll settle for less. But I'd say the absolute minimum is 20-25, so 10-15 more players.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Just PM me when the games about to start, because I'm tired of checking this thread everday.
    PbP games:
    Spoiler
    Show

WW games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Titles earned:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Follower of Lolth
    Cataloger of Silly Games
    Lolthdisciple

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tasroth View Post
    Well, I'd like to get 30 total (20 more), but I'll settle for less. But I'd say the absolute minimum is 20-25, so 10-15 more players.
    If you want more than 20 people, you have to schedule, which you did, but your week has passed, so you might need to reschedule if you get that many people, not sure.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Just PM me when the games about to start, because I'm tired of checking this thread everday.
    Thread subscriptions in the Settings panel?

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

Given that part of the game starting is everyone receiving a role PM, you can use that as a heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    If you want more than 20 people, you have to schedule, which you did, but your week has passed, so you might need to reschedule if you get that many people, not sure.
    It's never worked like that in my experience. When a game is due to start has always been more a statement of intent than a requirement, and attitudes to it can vary. Personally, I've always tried to start recruitment 2 weeks before the game is due to start, then delayed until I had enough players. It's never been a problem before.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

It's not a problem. You are correct in you assessment of the schedule being a tentative intention to start by this date. Not that the game must start that week. Though, the longer you wait, the more likely it is that players will auto-lynch.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

28. - Top - End - #28
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

I don't believe I've signed up for this game, have I? Well, consider that changed! I'll sign up, if it will help you reach the required number of players.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

I can fill a hole in the roster. I really should check this subforum more often...
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

How many more playrs do we need?
    PbP games:
    Spoiler
    Show

WW games: