New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Naruto d20 (Team B)

The sun was high up in the sky, sending its bright rays of sunlight across the blue dome that covered the land. Clouds drifting about lazily as if unhurried about where they had to go and who they had to rain on. In the land squashed between the Land of Wind and the Land of Fire, a large collection of buildings marked the presence of one of the nigh-famous Hidden Shinobi villages. Concealed in the shadow of a massive overhang of stone and the huge tree that grew on its peak, a cool shade covered the town and most of the nearby lands in the valley. A large waterfall cascaded from the north end and became a river that travelled the entire length to exit out into forests and lakes. Birds flitted happily through the air and a quiet murmur was in the air. It always was, even if there was nobody actually awake and about, one mystery of this place.

A battered and burned wall surrounded this sleepy place, scars from battles long past marring its perfect white surface with three gates. One to the west, south, and north while the east side only had a gaping hole with construction crews scurrying about it. The interior of the village had the same scars as the wall that protected it though there was considerably more work done to repair the damages to it. Some buildings actually looked new and fresh. A sprawling noble complex with the symbol of the infamous Mibu clan. A tall and dome-like building in the center of the village, the residence and office of the village leader. And of course the Academy itself has been completely repaired and fixed. Fewer people then normal were bustling about the city but it was a healthy sort of buzz. The kind that showed that this village, despite its hardships was just beginning to recover from whatever tragedy had befallen it. Shops and restruants getting enough business to pull them by. Children playing in the street with toys. Wives or husbands putting clothes up on the line.

A simple day for many of the normal folk in the village of Kagekure, but it was one rocked by suspicion, scandal, and new faces. The entire village was abuzz with the news that three Jounin had gone missing from the village with naught a trace or sign of them. Supposedly the three teams of Genin under them were going to be getting new instructors today...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All three of the teenagers had the same thing happen to them that morning. A mousy woman wearing the forehead protector of a shinobi had arrived at their homes, telling their parents/care takers/guardians that they were to report to the entrance of the catacomb network in the over hangs side to meet their new instructor by one o' clock. It was drawing close to "game time" so to speak and still none of them had arrived...

((Post entrances, get to know each other for a bit, and then it begins!))
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto d20 (Team B)

Asano Mitsuhide

One slow step after another. That is how Mitsuhide approached the meeting place. There was never a need to rush, unless he was running late, and he rarely ran late.

Loose fitting dark blue pants covered his legs, and a long sleeved shirt of the same color covered his chest and arms. One black gloved hand rested on the hilt of a katana, while the other swayed back and forth as he walked. His ponytail likewise swayed with each step, tending towards the left shoulder.

At last, he comes to a stop in the designated meeting area. He looks around, but sees no one else.

"I am the first to arrive, it seems."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

The wait is short-lived for Mitsuhide. He is joined by Kaori, who as ever seemed to appear from nowhere. The masked boy raises a hand in greeting, his fingerless gloves apparently dusty.

Getting ever closer, Kaori dusts down his turquoise and grey robes and sashes.

"Good afternoon, Mitsuhide-san!"
    Last edited by PokeTheBard; 2007-02-21 at 05:54 AM.
    - PokeTheBard.

"W-what!? Is this some kind of a joke? These garments that you left. Are they for a man or a woman? They're PINK! This is ridiculous! I'm a warrior, not a... a variety of flower!"

Naruto of the Stick: (Various artists)

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

The younger boy turns around and bows politely to the elder Kaori.

"Good afternoon, Kaori-san. Are you well?"

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

Kaori grins, although it is barely visible under his mask.

"As well as can be expected, although I seem to ache somewhat. How is life treating you?"
    Last edited by PokeTheBard; 2007-02-21 at 03:06 PM.
    - PokeTheBard.

"W-what!? Is this some kind of a joke? These garments that you left. Are they for a man or a woman? They're PINK! This is ridiculous! I'm a warrior, not a... a variety of flower!"

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground

Sammu

The sun was already high in the sky when Sammu awoke from his deep sleep. It did not take any sort of instrument of telling-time to make him realize that he had awaken too late. "Kuso! They're probably already waiting for me!" The young swordsman curses to himself. Sammu flings himself off his dirt-ridden bed and runs towards his closet that was just filled the day before.

Inside the closet, Sammu was able to find his light armor, his kimono, and even his hakama easily. Pulling each item out of the huge pile of miscellaneous items was a burden, but he soon was able to put everything on. First, his light vest that served for extra protection was stuffed under everything while his bright red kimono fit perfectly over it. His long skirt, his hakama, was then placed over his waist. Everything was almost ready before he looked to the far corner of his apartment.

There placed on the wall suspended by two hooks was a metal sheath carrying what seemed to be a katana. Sammu stepped towards the ornate sheathe and bowed his head before retrieving it. The katana holder was crafted with decorations of trees, bushes, and plants carved everywhere around it. Sammu smiled as he tied it around his own obi, his own large belt that was already fastened around his hakama. With everything ready, Sammu headed off to the location he was told to be at.

Running with his right hand holding his katana in place, the young swordsman made his way to his fellow Genin. Taking a moment to catch his breath, Sammu looks over his newly made comrades. Mitsuhide who came from his own training facility and the masked Kaori were probably the only Genin he appreciated being stuck with.

"Forgive my tardiness Mitsuhide-san and Kaori-san," Sammu bows to each of them respectively, "It would seem that my weeks worth of hard traveling and sleep-deprevation has taken its toll on me this day. I hope I am not too late for our Jounin leader..." Heh, at least Teishu is not awake now. I feel he would bicker on and on of how a true leader must never be late.
    Characters I am playing as at the moment:
    Gaerth

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

"You aren't tardy, I don't believe, but... you really shouldn't wait until the last moment, Sammu-san. It isn't good to rush."

Mitsuhide bows to Sammu before returning his attention to Kaori.

"Life treats me well, I suppose. I have no complaints. Only... you ache, Kaori-san? Why is that?"
    Last edited by PhoeKun; 2007-02-21 at 07:59 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

Kaori gestures to Sammu in response to the greeting. Whilst listening to his partners talk, he begins to stretch out his arms, neck, chest and back.

"I ache? Well, in time I hope to show you. I can hardly contain myself, I want to get started!"
    - PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

The sound of foot steps in the nearby caves silenced their talking for a moment. Someone was approaching. That someone turned out to be a woman only a little bit taller then them. Black hair was tied back into a ponytail to reveal sharp eyes that flickered towards the source of any nearby movement. A Kagekure forehead protector was wrapped about her neck and gleamed in the sun. She seemed to be very...plain and was dressed casually for a ninja. A collasped fuuma shuriken hung from her belt and her face was stern.

"Alright you three, fall into line!" She barked out once she was close enough for them to hear her easily. Waiting for the Genin to do as she had said before walking back and forth along the line. "As you three might guess, I am Taka Okabashi. Your new Jounin. I was briefed yesterday on some basic details about you, however it doesn't provide me with in depth details on your capabilities or dreams. So starting with...you Kaori. Since you ache, why don't you tell everyone about yourself?"
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

Kaori, although conforming with the line, doesn't appear to be daunted at all by the Jounin and stands in a very relaxed manner.

"Eh. I'm Inosuki Kaori, Kagekure shinobi and Amegakure missing-nin and I hold no grudges. I'm game for anything and I don't mind spilling a bit of blood, mine or otherwise. My dream for the future is to be a pillar upon which the number-one village Kagekure will be supported!"

Kaori continues to stretch his arms, which appear to be the worst affected by his apparent condition.
    - PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

Mitsuhide falls into line quickly, and stands quietly in respectful attention. His eyes look over his new jounin, attempting to get a measure of her character while he waits for instruction to speak, since that seemed to be how she operated...

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Taka pauses in her line walking as Kaori answers her question and back pedals until she is in front of him. "You will address me as 'ma'am' or sensei and end whatever sentence you say to me as such. Is that understood turn coat?" She growls out at him before stepping to the next boy in the line. "You! Blue pants! Your up next, name and dreams." She said with her back turned to Mitsuhide. For all intents and purposes she seemed like a very stern and unforgiving woman, maybe its one of the reasons she doesn't stay in the village so much.
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2007-02-22 at 03:16 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

"Asano Mitsuhide. My goal is to become worthy of Cikakage, so that it can be used to protect this village again, sensei."

Mitsuhide blinked involuntarily. He had never been named for his choice in clothing before... no matter.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

"Good, nice to see some discipline among the genin. You! One arm! Name and dreams, and make it quick! We're burning daylight here and you three have a test to pass!" She nodded then turned her attention towards Sammu. Practically ignoring the other two when she focused on one of them.

15. - Top - End - #15

Sammu

The swordsman bows his torso in respect to his Jounin leader, revealing a head full of messy brown hair. He slowly raises his head back to make eye contact with the woman. Heh, Teishu would go ballistic if he was here right now. I do recall him being the type of sexist when it comes to battle prowess.

"Sensei Taka, my name is Sammu. I have no family name, but do not lower any of your expectations for me. My goals are simple; I wish to be the strongest of all warriors. I wish to be the one men fear when I draw my blade. Strength is what I ask for Sensei." Sammu takes one last bow in respect and smiles a bit.

"As you can see though, I have more than just one arm, Sensei," the youthful swordsman reveals both of his hands freely to his new female Jounin.
    Gaerth

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

The Jounin paused as she was corrected about the arm thing, turning towards Sammu with a cheery smile on her face and a hand hovering over the fuuma shuriken at her belt. "You would seem to be correct about that Sammu, however are you sure you possess all of the facts about the situation? For instance I could quite easily fix the problem of the name I called you by. Or perhaps I'm speaking of the future, of which I still might possess more information then you." She took a step closer to the brunette swordsman. "Try not to state a fact unless you know for a fact its true. Otherwise it seems as if your lacking in the brains department, alright?"

Once the introductions were finished Taka stepped away from the line and turned around. Putting her hands on her hips she surveyed the three once more as if appraising them before giving a sigh. One of her hands pulled a kunai from a belt pouch and flipped it through the air lazily. "You all may have guessed by this point that I am not a forgiving or gentle woman. Don't expect me to be. I became a Jounin by practicing harder and being better at what I did then other people, and with God as my witness you'll do the same. Some of you have had it easy up until this point but if you expect me to coddle you, then you might as well go back home and wait to be reassigned. Now then, unto the mission for the day. Your mission is a simple retrieval mission. This will be a good measuring stick of your abilities and how you interact as a team. You will need to seek out and find a friend of mine, Gin. Then you must subdue and return him to my home. You'll have until the end of the day to complete the mission, exactly midnight." Then she paused for a moment and a mischevious smirk came to her face. "And don't worry, I asked him to take it easy on you. Any questions?"

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

"May I ask what this "Gin" looks like, sensei?"

Mitsuhide continues to stand at attention, silently pondering the specifics of the current situation. Which comments was Taka directing at him? And what sorts of capabilities did Gin have, to require until midnight to locate and subdue? Needless to say, his brain is firmly locked into "mission mode" - there would be time to reflect on things more casually later.

18. - Top - End - #18

Sammu

A smile almost revealed itself on the young swordsman's face, but Sammu was quick to supress it. Heh, it would seem I caught her already...Scary though...Her tone reminds me alot like Teishu's...I wonder if they were kin in a past lifetime. Sammu gives a shudder to that thought. He quickly returns his attention to his new Sensei as she voices their first mission.

Sammu furrows his brow as the rest is relayed. "Sensei Taka, it would seem that this Gin character is either a rowdy person or just some type of animal or pet that we will be returning to you. Am I correct in my assumptions Sensei?" The young swordsman gives no heed to his master's threats, but looks instead with respect to his new teacher. Maybe she'll be better than Teishu heh...
    Gaerth

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well I can see that at least you possess some simple deductive skills, which is a good thing. I'll answer what I can without compromising the integrity of the test. No, I will not reveal what Gin looks like. A ninja will not always have all of the integral information and will need to adapt to such a situation. This will be good practice. As for the nature of Gin....your right." She said simply enough with her face turning serious once more. The jounin flipped the kunai in her hand once more before throwing it down at the ground in between her and the line of her students. Raising one hand she shut her eyes for a brief moment before smiling. "Your test begins now. You also have six seconds to get a move on before the kunai explodes." Taka's words would must likely draw some of their eyes down to the said kunai and a closer look (Not requiring search checks) would reveal the tightly wrapped, and very darkly colored, explosive tags wrapped around the hilt of the kunai.

20. - Top - End - #20

Sammu

Again Sammu's victory is cut short as Taka throws down the explosive Konai. His eye brow curves upwards as he looks from the Kunai back to his new Sensei. Is this one crazy? Nervousness overwhelms the young man as he tries to scatter away from the sight. Kuso, she's going to wake up Teishu if that thing really blows.

Sammu's curiousity for his new master was seeming to grow with each passing second.
    Gaerth

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

Mitsuhide only has time to nod at his new jounin to show her he understood the situation before dashing out of the potential range of the exploding kunai in the ground.

She's certainly got interesting methods...

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

Kaori sighs. Raising a half-seal up in front of himself, the nin bows his head slightly before jumping well clear of the kunai, vaulting himself a good few yards back.

Chouyaku no Jutsu
    Jumping Technique

Ninjutsu roll; Take 10, or Take 1 if I can't take 10 (+12); either way Kaori succeeds.
    Chakra Expended; 1

Kaori increases his movement speed by 5ft and gains +4 to Jump Checks, duration 4 rounds. "Runs" 140ft clear of the Kunai.
    Last edited by PokeTheBard; 2007-02-23 at 04:24 AM.
    - PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

True to Taka's words the kunai caught fire after only six seconds. The explosion sent up a dark plume of smoke and sent little bits of dirt through the air and by the time the smoke had cleared enough to look at the hilltop, there was no Taka.

Now the three of them faced a rather odd problem. How do you find someone you don't even have a description of, in a village full of people, in only eleven hours? Espicially when there are no leads about them at all?

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

Pushing out his back foot to slow and grind to a halt, Kaori hops to his feet and quickly clutches at his ribs and drops to his knees.

"Oh... dear... not good..."
    - PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

Mitsuhide skids to a halt as the blast goes off. Looking around, he sees Kaori drop to his knees, and dashes over to his side.

"What is the matter, Kaori-san? Are you all right?"

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

Kaori looks up at Mitsuhide.

"Eh."

Although he is trembling, he stands slowly.

"I'll live. Hopefully."
    - PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

"Are you well enough to start the mission?"

Mitsuhide offers Kaori a hand to help him stand.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

Kaori grabs at Mitsuhide's hand.

"Thanks. I'll be fine.
    - PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29

Sammu

Once the smoke cleared at the spot of Taka's location, Sammu gives a small sigh of relief when he sees that all of his limbs are still attached. Some dirt caught itself on the young man's hakama; a simple action of tapping his feet released the stuck dirt. "Well since we all seem fine and able, would any of you have the slightest idea of how we should go about this mission? I would honestly prefer to impress our new Sensei on our first orders."

The swordsman looks at his companions awaiting their replies and ideas...Until a familiar voice springs forth within his head.

If you don't mind Seitu, I do have a couple plans for all of you. An irritated look comes across Sammu's face as he listens to the voice. Great, they woke you up- I mean good-morning Teishu.
    Gaerth

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

"We should probably ask around the village. I don't see how we can track down someone unless we find out something about him..."

Mitsuhide brushes some dust off his sleeve, and looks to his teammates for their own opinions.