New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto d20 (Team B)

Asano Mitsuhide

Mitsuhide closes his eyes at the mention of Sammu, and stays silent as Kaori answers (or doesn't) Tsuma's question. There was a lot to take in... but so very little time to do so. Kaori was right; it would be a mistake to keep the team separated.

"...We can discuss the reforging of the sword later, Tsuma-sama. Kaori-san and I really should see to retrieving Enuferiu-san before something happens that could deteriorate this situation farther. We will return to assist you in repairing your house. For now... please, look after Taka-sensei. I don't know when she will wake up... but she will. So please, take care of her."

After a respectful bow, he looks to Kaori. And, for a moment, he glances at the sword. Would it really be safe to leave it so close to Taka? He should... no. Tsuma could not hear the sword. It was safest here...

2. - Top - End - #302
    Bugbear in the Playground

Enuferiu

Enus technique does little to dull the blows he recieves. He was taking a beating, and there was little he could do other than try to dodge.

It was a strange feeling after being hit in the head, even through all his various covers. Though swimming, it was clear to him he was internally bleeding now; he was going to die, and when his teammates found him and removed his headband, he would have a huge purple bruise there, and no kitten band-aids to put over it.

Dodging the last kick was nothing short of miraculous in his increasingly delirious state. One thought remained in his mind; Stay awake long enough to do some kind of damage to slow him down. He was dead anyway, so activating all of the exploding Kunai in his holster would be easy. He'd just have to make sure he falls over in the correct direction, and he should be able to get a word edgewise to the annoying one.

As he falls back, his stance is particularly poor, reflecting his poor state. Mustering what little reserve he had left, he answers the Shogun. "Yah, this was all a bad idea. I shouldn't have left without them, should I? But, I can still..."

His voice trails off as he begins to fall over. It was foolish of him to waste his energy replying to such a drunk man! Still, this was exactly what he planned for. If he could just activate the explosives...

Enu rolls onto his floor, deposited on his side, his holster facing up. He had fallen unconscious before touching the floor, unable to activate a single explosive.

Spoiler
    Show
    Enuferiu is now unconscious, at 1 point of Non-lethal above his current hp.

He would have done it, too.
    Last edited by King_of_GRiffins; 2007-07-26 at 12:14 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

3. - Top - End - #303
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

Kaori looks at Mitsuhide and smiles lightly. Turning on his heel, he makes to leave the building when what the swordsman said had finally sunk in.

"Wait, what?"

Kaori looked over his shoulder, eyebrows raised in astonishment.

"Eh? Taka-sensei isn't dead?"
    - PokeTheBard.

"W-what!? Is this some kind of a joke? These garments that you left. Are they for a man or a woman? They're PINK! This is ridiculous! I'm a warrior, not a... a variety of flower!"

Naruto of the Stick: (Various artists)

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

Mitsuhide shakes his head as he moves forward to join Kaori on his way out of the building.

"No, she's not. Her chakra is still flowing through her body... she's alive. We should hurry and find Enuferiu-san, though. The sooner we get him back, the sooner we can try to work out a way to speed up Taka-sensei's recovery. We're a long way from a hospital..."

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Night night...

The last words that Enuferiu heard as he started to drift into unconcisousness were a grumbled...

"Geez, I thought that he could take more then this...Hey tender, you have any rope?" And then everything went into that numbingly darkness that was nighty night land.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mitsuhide and Kaori are quick to leave Tsuma behind with the care of Taka and the odd blade in his capable if old hands. With only a little questioning they are able to find out where the genin with the mask and odd-shaped bundle had gone too. With an ominous feel in the air the two made haste towards the establishment to find a small crowd had gathered around the outside and were talking excitedly about something inside.

Of more important note to the two apprentice ninja though was the disturbed and cracked ground that looked much like a technique had somehow marred it. With obvious ninja affiliations (headbands and weapons) the crowd parted quickly and some of the patrons inside visibly paled at their entry.

The good news was they found Enu.

The bad news was he was strung up to the ceiling (Non-lethally) with his equipment discarded on the ground and clothes missing. Except for a pair of boxers that he was apparently wearing as a hat. A make shift sign was hung around his neck with the words "I fought Nawakefu and Nawakefu won! Let this be a warning to the woman's other kids!" crudely written across it in big bold letters. Aside from two large and painful looking bruises on Enu's head, he looked unharmed from before and merely knocked out.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

This is a sight that Mitsuhide is quite unprepared for, although whether it is encouraging or upsetting, it is hard to say. From the looks of things, this opponent was clearly beyond them, although Taka had shown that much already. But, on the other hand...

"It seems this... Nawakefu... is not particularly fond of killing. Or of tact."

He looks at Kaori a moment before returning his gaze to Enuferiu, narrowing his eyes, and shaking his head in disgust. To think that someone who towered so far above him in skill could be such a... buffoon! The very notion left a bitter taste on his tongue. Stepping forward to lower his companion back to the ground, he looks around to those gathered.

"Could somebody please tell me what happened here?"

7. - Top - End - #307
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

Kaori cackles to himself.

"Eh. Lookin' good, Enu-kun! Hehe."

The genin grabs a sturdy looking chair or barstool and grabs a kunai to hack his teammate down, bracing to ensure he doesn't fall.
    - PokeTheBard.

"W-what!? Is this some kind of a joke? These garments that you left. Are they for a man or a woman? They're PINK! This is ridiculous! I'm a warrior, not a... a variety of flower!"

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #308

Enuferiu

The tied-up genin begins to rouse slightly as he is set down onto the floor and untied. He sits down and rubs his forehead lightly, opening his eyes to spot his team mates.

"Oww... Hey guys. I take it the War Shogun already left? Must have really hit my head hard, it feels cold..."

His thoughts prior to falling unconscious slip back; blood must be clotting off areas of his brain, maybe even shutting off his ability to keep warm. If he didn't find a hospital quickly...

Enuferiu rubs at his head again, his pink, lizard covered boxers falling over his nose. His face quickly goes red as he simultaneously stands up and slips the boxers on.

"I.. should go back to the inn and pick up some an extra set of clothes from my pack." He shuffles his feet a bit, still very cold. "Have we.. thought of what we're going to do with Taka? We can't leave her body here, and dragging it around for three days isn't a bright idea either."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

"...Actually, I was thinking we should look for a way to help her recover, so she can make the trip back on her own. She isn't dead."

Mitsuhide's gaze locks with Enuferiu's for a moment, and then he looks away in an attempt to show the poor genin some modicum of respect. Enu certainly deserves more than this small token gesture, but... Mitsuhide is only wearing one pair of pants.

"But perhaps returning to the inn should be a higher priority for you. We should hurry either way, though, I am nervous about leaving Tsuma-sama unguarded at the moment..."

10. - Top - End - #310

Enuferiu

Enuferiu walks around and straps on the gear which had been stripped off of him. Maybe he didn't have any clothes, but at least he could hide his face behind a gas mask. He puts on the accompanying goggles and forehead protector, strapping on his holster and armor vest. At this point, he could potentially be taken seriously if it was the middle of the night.

"If she is still alive, we should go fetch her before I retrieve my stuff. Your original assessment was that she was dead Mitsuhide. What changed your mind?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Oh my...

With muffled giggles and laughter among the crowd, Enu gathers up his belongings and managed to hide his face from sight once more. Someone meekly approached the three from within the crowd after Mitsuhide asks about what had happened. Enu couldn't help but feel a pang of guilt when he saw that it was the young woman who he had enlisted to help him in his information gathering. Even with the big bruise and swollen lips she still managed a disgruntled and wrathful glare at him before speaking up.

"He came in here looking fer the War Shhoghon. He askhed me to distrahct him and try to get shome information, and we both got thrathed for it." Her words were slurred from the fat lip she was sporting but the people not chuckling or giggling nodded in agreement with her assessment. Mitsuhide continues to ask around but the stories are largely the same with minor differences...

----------------------------

After a stop by the inn and Tsuma's, the three genin find there is no real...hospital per say but rather a small clinic. The mostly over his head doctor looks amazed to see injured shinobi in his place of business but all four are soon admitted to the one intensive care like room he possesses with Kaori and Taka in seprate beds and leaving Mitsuhide and Enu to the chairs. While Enu had been bandaged up and given ice packs, he was pretty okay. Kaori had his bandages replaced by more proffessional ones after the wounds had been cleaned and Taka was...still asleep...or dead if one didn't believe Mitsuhide which seemed more plausible since the medicore skills of the clinic doctor hadn't don't much more then clean the wounds she already had sustained.
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2007-08-03 at 06:11 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

At the bar, Mitsuhide had apologized to the girl for what had happened, and tried to offer her a bit of money to compensate her for the risk she took. It wasn't much - he hadn't brought a lot with him, after all - but it would at least get her some ice, and maybe help her take her mind off of what had happened. With that, he had turned around to face Enuferiu again.

"The sword. Tsuma-sama's sword reacted to Taka-sensei's chakra. She's far from ok, but she's alive."

---------------------------------

At the hospital, Mitsuhide stays mostly quiet, eyes never leaving Taka if he can help it. He honestly isn't sure if anyone else believes him... which, if true, would mean it was up to him to help her recover. The first part would be figuring out what had happened to her, but Tsuma had been hiding, meaning the only person who knew was the War Shogun himself.

Flowing chakra, but no detectable signs of life... some technique must have been used. But how could he overcome it? Was it ninjutsu? Genjutsu? He wracks his brain, searching for possible answers...

Spoiler
    Show
    ...but I don't know what an appropriate skill check would be.

13. - Top - End - #313

Enuferiu

Enuferiu seemed to take to sulking in his chair quite quickly. Though now well taken care of and back into full clothing (his brown camouflage cloak and ninja outfit), he was particularly upset that there was nothing he could have done to have prevented this from happening to Taka. He fully believed Mitsuhide; The brain continues to function after a pulse stops, so why not chakra? If it was any indication, she was probably in a coma, and he hated the thought.

Sure, he never really talked to her before now, and she could seem mean at times, but she was one of the nicest people he was aware of, and she deserved much better than her state. Of many things, he was looking forward to the possibility of learning some hidden techniques from her, if she saw him as worthy of the honor.

He glances over to Mitsuhide as if to say something, them turns his head back. Looking away, he asks the swordsman, "Mitsuhide, you mentioned the sword we delivered reacted to chakra, correct? I do not want to believe she is dead; Do you think that perhaps something about her Chakra that we could use the sword to sense might be the problem?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ettin in the Playground

Mitsuhide sits quietly wracking his head for some sort of explanation of what had done this to Taka. Was it genjutsu or ninjutsu? Although he didn't come up with any more information about what sort of ninjutsu could have done this he could in fact ascertain that it had been ninjutsu that had done this to her.

The swordsman was shook out of his revere when he heard Enu talking to him and looked up at him. It took a moment for his thoughts to catch up but when it did he shook his head. Bringing the sword back here would only cause problems as it was and then actually trying to get it to be helpful? Why not just have him wake up Taka by kicking her in the head? It wouldn't last as long and might be less painful.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

For a moment, Mitsuhide considers the merits of at least trying the kick to the head style of miracle cures. If nothing else, this would probably be the only chance he would ever have in his life to actually get away with kicking someone like Taka and living through it. But... no. It wouldn't accomplish anything, and it was the wrong thing to do. Besides, there was a way to make that sword more friendly... it just wasn't pretty. Maybe as a last resort.

"It's possible, maybe. But it would be best if we didn't try that... Can you help me think, Enu-san? I'm fairly certain Taka-sensei was the target of ninjutsu, but I can't think of any techniques that could do this..."

16. - Top - End - #316

Enuferiu

Stares ahead in consideration of Mitsuhides question. There weren't many points to examine beyond the thought that whatever technique was used has knocked her out cold. Still, he closes his eyes behind his goggles, and does his best to find the culprit technique.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ninjutsu Check - (1d20+13)[17]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Enu has heard of techniques that simulate the suicide jutsu. Usually they have a set duration which means if someone aited long enough the user would come out of them but the more realistic ones (Read, less likely to look false) run off of how much chakra the user has left instead of a set time and once it runs out the user usually awakens. Sometimes the expended chakra usage is a bit strenous.

18. - Top - End - #318

Enuferiu

Enuferiu grins as he starts to take off his facial equipment; He only needed the goggles when he was outside, and the gas mask was starting to pierce into his skin after so much continuous use.

"You know what Mitsuhide? I bet she did this herself. She didn't want to fight, so she used a ninjutsu on herself and let Nawakefu win." he smerks at the thought. Not much of a victory, really. He looks around at the three around him and gives his diagnosis, "She's not going to come-to any minute, but given enough time, Taka should be okay. She's only trying play possum."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

At Enu's words, Mitsuhide looks at Taka for a moment, and then sighs. His eyes show a profound sense of relief.

"So, it's simply a matter of waiting, then? I'm glad to hear it...

How should we move from here, though? I would rather not do too much before Taka-sensei awakens, but there is also Tsuma-sama to consider. I worry about leaving him alone, and I have business with him besides."

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ettin in the Playground

Kaori remains silent as his two companions talked about what could have done this to their Jounin and what to do while waiting for her to awaken. In the end all three of the genin decided it would be best to wait for her to awaken to see what the best course of action would be. For much of the day she remained motionless on the bed provided by the owner of the clinic. The sun was fully down by the time there was any sort of reaction from Taka and all three had begun to nod off from the exertion of the day.

It looked as if her muscles suddenly seized and her limbs spasmed, jerking the genin out of their tired funk to stare in surprise and start getting to their feet to try and find the clinic doctor. As suddenly as they had begun, the seizures ceased as her back arched before she went entirely limp on the mattress. Worried glances were exchanged among the three as they stepped closer to try and see if she was still alive, when her stomach growled long and loud. Not even a second later her almost eternally infuriated eyes shot open and Taka sat up slowly. With a long slow yawn she looked malevolently at the genin and said plainly. "I'm hungry."
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2007-08-19 at 10:11 PM.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

Kaori starts at the sudden awakening of the their sensei.

"I.. eh. I'll see if I can't get you something to eat..."

Kaori hurriedly scurries off to get an authority figure around so that he might arrange something for Taka to eat.
    - PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #322

Enuferiu

Enuferiu can't help but grin at his teacher, tired as he was. "As late as it is, I'm sure someplace might be open, though I hope you don't mind telling us what happened."

Swiftly, he pulls on his gas mask and adjust his forehead protector, hoping to hide the bandage underneath it. "If you feel like getting up, we can all go right now to get something. We've been too worried to eat, ourselves.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ettin in the Playground

Kaori is quick to go in search of some food and quickly discovered that the only food to be found was...well...hospital food which didn't seem like a good idea to try and give to his hungry Jounin teacher. Surprisingly she didn't seem angry when he came back without the promised food and just gave an understanding nod and started to climb out of the bed stiffly.

"Theres not much to tell. I tried to take the sword there while you were all sleeping to give you a break and I found some damn fool of a ninja waiting there for me. Wasn't to worried at first until the idiot started summoning and got into melee with me. He was..." Taka paused for a moment to glower at her genin, as if daring them to say something as she continued "..too much. Everything I tried he seemed to know about first so I tricked him. Tossed Tsuma the blade and played possum. Guess it worked since he left...He did leave, right? You three didn't try to fight him?"

After offering her explanation of the events she stood up and nodded to Enu in agreement with his plan to go out and get something to eat.

------------------------------------------------------------

The place of choice was a simple little stand that had spare ribs and sushi, nice country feel to it. Taka proved just how ravenous her hunger was then when she went through bowl and plate after bowl and plate of rice, noodles, ribs, sushi, sea weed-wrapped squid, and more then a couple other dishes with a frightening intensity. The woman only paused once in the middle of her feast to look up at her genin and ask one question. "The mission. Was it completed or not?"

24. - Top - End - #324
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

Avoiding eye contact with anyone, knowing the look he'd receive if he delivered the wrong answer, Kaori piped up. He hadn't eaten anything, keeping his mask up.

"Tsuma-sama has the sword, so I can assume so."
    - PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

"Completed, but perhaps not resolved, Taka-sensei. I had asked Tsuma-sama about the possibility of reforging that sword. It proved to be... dangerous, and I worry about leaving it in its current state with a man like this 'Nawakefu' still about... what do you think, Taka-sensei?

Also... for what it's worth, I'm glad to see you awake again."

Mitsuhide's eyes glance downward towards the ground as his voice trails off. There was much for him to worry about, but also much reason to be relieved.
    Last edited by PhoeKun; 2007-08-23 at 08:15 AM.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ettin in the Playground

She only nodded with the various answers she had gotten and not gotten while shoveling more food into her mouth. A quick and confused glance was shot up at Mitsuhide for a moment but the jounin waited until her mouth was empty before speaking. "Why should we commission the blade reforged? It wasn't dangerous when I carried it. Make some sense boy."

27. - Top - End - #327

Enuferiu

Enu stares in shock as he watches Taka put away the food (though to where seems to be a mystery) The noodles on his utensil slides back into the bowl as his hands shakes too much to keep them aloft. I.... I'm not sure we can even pay for that., he thought, still looking on in horror, a look clearly visible without his goggles or mask.

He snaps back to focus as he hears out Mitsuhide's request. "I don't recall anything dangerous about the sword, other than it being a weapon. Further still, I'm not sure Nawakefu was after it, as he didn't seem to be pursuing it any further after Taka-sensei 'died'."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

"Tsuma-sama hid with the sword after Taka-sensei's feint; I don't think Nawakefu doesn't want the blade so much as he can't find it. Tsuma-sama told me Nawakefu claimed the sword was... speaking to him...

I didn't understand what that meant, at first. But... when I took the sword out from Tsuma-sama's hiding place... it spoke to me, too. Taka-sensei... while you were lying there on the ground, I didn't know if you were alive or dead. But the sword sensed your chakra. And... it asked me, begged me to cut you with it, so that it could drink from your chakra..."

Mitsuhide pauses for a moment and looks around at his companions and sensei, clearly agitated by the memory. With a deep breath, he continues.

"I don't know why the sword doesn't speak to everyone that holds it... perhaps it only seeks out certain types of people it believes can use it effectively... but I know that a sword that whispers of death and blood to its master is a very dangerous thing. I wanted to reforge the sword because Tsuma-sama also told me that each sword he forges is altered by the events he witnesses while crafting it. At least, a friend of his told him that. He doesn't seem to believe it's possible. Except... when this particular sword was made, a missing nin showed up here and slaughtered people until he got tired of it and left. Everything points to that sword being a terrible problem. But I think that, if Tsuma-sama were to reforge the sword in a less stressful time, he might imprint something else on it, instead. And... I think he would prefer weakening one of his swords to destroying it outright."

The young genin looks up at Taka with something like hope in his eyes. Thus far, nobody had believed him about the sword. Would she be any different?

29. - Top - End - #329
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

Kaori seems to get distracted somewhat by nothing in particular.

When he finally snaps back to reality, he asks the group something that had been nagging at him for a while.

"So... what will we do? We've done our mission, perhaps we should leave soon. I mean, as important as it is that we ensure our clients safety, the good of the village is at stake if we're not home again to receive and complete more missions."
    - PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Naruto d20 (Team B)

She took in the story with a serious expression on her face, eyes searching Mitsuhide's as if trying to find out if he was lying or making fun of her. Abruptly they switched over to Enu as she began to eat once more. "You carried the sword on the way over here, did it talk to you?"

After waiting for Enu's response she swiveled her attention over to Kaori and gave a shrug of her shoulders. "You have a point, for once, aside from the fact we'd be doing this out of charity we really have no reason to stay behind in a foreign nation. The sword was delivered...though not without complications and Tsuma was alive to receive it. But I won't argue if Mitsuhide wants to spend his own time and money to reforge a sword. But he'll also be explaining why it took longer for us to get back. Understood?"