New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto d20 (Team B)

Asano Mitsuhide

The tension in the air is palpable as Mitsuhide stands in between Kaori and Motoko. His concerns are spread all over the place, but his attention is focuses solely on Orgo. The young swordsman's expression is unreadable, too many thoughts and emotions pulling at him at once to settle on a single one. The overall effect is somewhat... unsettling, as mixed into everything are whispers in the back of his mind about the sword he carries. His trump card... but he surely couldn't use it, with Taka in danger. Could he?

His fingers twitch at his sides as he continues to stand in silence. No matter what, this is Kaori's show to run.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

Kaori looked at his former master and sighed.

"Eh. You've gotten worse, Karaji-sensei. I thought you would know already if i'd brought them, you're meant to be a master of covert skill, right?"

Taking a large gambit, he takes a step forward and continues to press on with his speech.

"Eh, you sure you have what it takes to try and pull that? If Taka-sensei dies, we don't have a deal any more. I've lost two jounin sensei's already, what's a third? It's the shinobi life after all, to deal with loss."

Pulling his mask down around his throat, he shows his bared, sharpened teeth.

"So enough with the deception, Karaji-sensei. Let's get down to the real business, right?"

Despite his bold words, a cold sweat was coming over him as he spoke. He was still terrified of his former mentor.
    - PokeTheBard.

"W-what!? Is this some kind of a joke? These garments that you left. Are they for a man or a woman? They're PINK! This is ridiculous! I'm a warrior, not a... a variety of flower!"

Naruto of the Stick: (Various artists)

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #453
    Bugbear in the Playground

Enuferiu

Enuderiu watches and waits to see what happens. He grimaces under his mask as Kaori suggests throwing Taka off the cliff, though seeing some sense in his argument. He observes Kaori as he appraoches the bridge, having told him where to step so as not to set off his trap.

We need Taka on this side of the bridge. If we can get her back, we can destroy the bridge and run... I hid the orbs, so I'll need to give him something in place of that. A map, perhaps.

With a few slow movements, Enu draws a pen from his pocket and a notebook from his backpack, and starts to make a sketch of the area, with a dotted line leading to a point in the woods far removed from their position or trail back.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Naruto d20 (Team B)

"Aren't you forgetting something Kaori? I still have another hostage, the team-mate that you left in the hospital." Karaji says smugly, looking as if the casual dismissal of Taka didn't mean a thing to him. "Geez, don't you have an ego? What on earth makes you think I'd trek all the way into this poor ass country just to find you? Maybe your memory is failing but I already discarded you back at that caravan without a single regret. You were just a tool that became dull after all, though I might have been wrong considering how you've taken Orgo's little friend away."

Orgo's expression flickered for just a moment at that but remained unmoving otherwise as Karaji hefted Taka one more time before grinning madly. "You think I won't do it, is that it?!" He yells across the bridge then heaves for just a moment and drops Taka's slumped into the empty space of the gorge. She hung there motionlessly for a long moment, as if floating, but then the jounin began to plummet down into the dark abyss below.

"MOTHER!" Motoko screamed in fear as her mother dropped, hesitating for just a moment before she took off for the edge with tears in her eyes.

"Well come on then Shinobi Kaori! Show me how much you've grown into a real ninja without me! That is if you have the guts for it!" Karaji roared from across the bridge, crouching down low with a mad glint in his eyes, one hand held out as an open palm towards the other side with the other moving behind his back where it couldn't be seen. Orgo's gaze never wavered away from Mitsuhide but he didn't move a muscle even as Karaji took up a fighting stance.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

In an instant, Orgo is forgotten. The jounin on the other side of the bridge is forgotten as well, as Mitsuhide watches helplessly while Taka plummets into the gorge below.

Wordlessly, he rushes forward, several steps ahead of Motoko, skidding to a halt in her path, facing her. He reaches out to stop her, holding her gently but firmly. He shakes his head slowly as he speaks, voice barely above a whisper.

"Taka-sensei is not dead. She cannot be. We will search for her... but this moment, you are needed here, and strong. Please, Motoko-dono. Trust me..."

6. - Top - End - #456
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

Kaori flinches ever so slightly, betraying him. Perhaps he'd made a bad call.

"Karaji-sensei," he starts, reaching into his clothes, "I waited for you until this day, I wanted to believe you could still be alive..."

He pulls out the scratched and beaten hitai-ite of the hidden rain. Karaji's headband plate. He tosses it out onto the bridge in front of his former tutor.

"Eh. I thought it was ok if you were a criminal, even if it went against shinobi honour. But you're mad if you think I will stand by this, if you think I will allow you to come to Kagekure and treat it like your playground."

He hold out his left hand and it crackles with earthing, blue correscent energy.

"Eh... it's time for your reckoning Karaji-sensei."
    - PokeTheBard.

"W-what!? Is this some kind of a joke? These garments that you left. Are they for a man or a woman? They're PINK! This is ridiculous! I'm a warrior, not a... a variety of flower!"

Naruto of the Stick: (Various artists)

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #457
    Bugbear in the Playground

Enuferiu

Enuferiu drops his backpack on the ground and, taking the que from Kaori, draws a kunai from his belt. This, of course, is only for show. Enu focuses his mind, stretching it out to sense the Explosive Tags he set earlier, waiting for the right moment to set them off.

Spoiler
    Show
    Readying action to set off the Explosive tags once Karaji gets onto the bridge.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ettin in the Playground

Taka falls limply into the gorge below, never making a move to stop herself until she vanished into the darkness. Motoko choked at that and turned an angry eye to Karaji, teeth clenching as she hissed. "I'm going to kill him!

Karaji's grin only widened at Kaori's words and he shook his head. "So your still just playing at ninja, such a shame." Relaxing out of his pose the jounin shakes his head once more...and disappears! It takes a moment to figure out where he had gone, but the noise of laughter behind all of you is enough to have you turning around to see him on the road that you had taken to get here with his hands on his waist. A gleam had come into his eyes, hard and violent, even as electricity began to crackle around arms.

"Guess what kid? Games are over. Give me the orbs now or I kill all of you and your friend from the hospital, then I take a little jaunt down to Kagekure and see just how much damage I can cause to it." All hints of laughter had gone out of his voice, and a natural tickling of fear began to slither at the base of your spines. For Enu it was...almost familiar. Similar to the sense of over-powering strength that Nawekefu had exuded like a coat though not quite as full. Orgo uncrosses his arms across the gorge and approaches the bridge, eyes flickering briefly to Enu before turning back to Mitsuhide.

"Hey you! Swordsman! You and I have a grudge to settle! Get over here so I can avenge her!"
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

"Aw, he misses his little friend? Well, let's send him along to be with her again..."

"But... Karaji. This is a bad time for honor duels. We should be protecting Motoko-dono."

"What, with this power? You think it'll take more than a second. Come on, zip over there and kill him! You know you want to!"

Mitsuhide's eyes dart across the battlefield, landing on each person there before quickly shifting to the next. Finally, he looks at Orgo and his hand flies to the hilt of his sword to claim a death-grip on it. His voice rings coldly back across the bridge.

"Death is part of the risk on a mission. If you're not prepared to lose someone... then save them yourself. Go home, peasant. There's no vengeance for you here..."

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ettin in the Playground

The battle didn't wait for Mitsuhide to resolve his conflict with Orgo. It began right in the middle of it and even as Mitsuhide told the envenomed shinobi to go home Motoko launched herself at Karaji with an inarticulate cry of rage. Enu pulled out a handful of kunai and just as Motoko reached Karaji, and was promptly kicked out of the air to be sent tumbling like a rag doll, he launched one of them trailing an explosive tag at the jounin.

Orgo's hands blurred through the handsigns for a technique, sending a gust of razor sharp winds to saw and cut at the ropes of the bridge, making it falter and become unstable. Then, with a grimace, he reaches down to the ground and pulls a camouflage blanket off the ground to reveal the charred bow and quiver of green fletched arrows wrapped in exploding notes with black arrow heads. It seemed he was more then content to sit across the gap and shoot his foe full of arrows from the bow of his friend.

Kaori's cool countenance began to fade as Karaji skillfully dodged past a kunai with a mocking laugh and flashed his hands through a series of handsigns and held his hand out towards the jounin. A ball of crackling electrical chakra began to simmer in the palm of his hand, visible to the eye itself though it's baleful glow isn't what drew Mitsuhide's eyes...it was the blood trickling out of Motoko's side where she had been kicked, even as she rose to her feet. A familiar rustling began to stir in the back of his mind, the...unclean voice of the sword and it began to whisper too soft for words though Mitsuhide knew what it wanted...

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, wait until the other thread to respond but you'll need to make a Will save or be forced to move towards Motoko and attack her with the black flame sword.