New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto d20 (Team B)

Inosuki Kaori

Kaori, still fatigued a little, looks up at his companions in turn.

"We should probably find an impartial chuunin somewhere in the city, they could be of help. I doubt the townsfolk can..."
    - PokeTheBard.

"W-what!? Is this some kind of a joke? These garments that you left. Are they for a man or a woman? They're PINK! This is ridiculous! I'm a warrior, not a... a variety of flower!"

Naruto of the Stick: (Various artists)

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #32
    Halfling in the Playground

Sammu

If I were you Seito, I would take their advice and ask around. One must know the enemy before they can plot against him. The voice says within Sammu's head. Teishu, we are after no enemy we are merely finding a person for the Jounin. Sammu replays the past events thus far to his inner-sensei. Now hush, I need to speak to my teamates... You mean those two over there? One doesn't even have an arm, they are no teammates of ours!

Hold your tounge, Teishu.

The young swordsman gives a sigh of relief as silence spreads its way through his mind. "Well, it looks we all agree that we should ask around for a description of this Gin...Shall we move on?"
    Characters I am playing as at the moment:
    Gaerth

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Naruto d20 (Team B)

With a...sorta...plan in mind, the three decide to travel back to the village and try and find out just what this "Gin" looks like. Unfortunately it doesn't look like gathering information had been very high on the currieculeam for any of them and they have quite a rough time finding out ANYTHING about "Gin".

"Oh you mean that beastly nin? I have to chase him away from my livestock every night or I'd be out of business!"

"Gin? Now theres a truly amazing shinobi. The things I've seen him and Taka do together are astounding, but he's a bit messy. Has he done something wrong?"

"Not many people see Gin out and about durin' the day. Most of the time he's with Taka. I'd say check her apartment for him if yer lookin' for him. Where's that at? Why you take a left down the street and..."

"Gin? *Hic* How'd a brasth likes yous figure out my secretks ingredients in my ramen?"

It was about an hour later that the three gathered again to tell what they had learned. Sammu and Kaori both found directions to Taka's apartment while Mitsuhide got a rather interesting recipe for ramen and the clue that Gin likes livestock for whatever reason.

((OOC: I assumed you guys would take 10 on gather information checks to save time and this be what you learned.))
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

When the three Genin finally catch up with each other, Kaori crouches down.

"So, I dare say we've little time. Eh. Whatever. Can I suggest we split up, search all these places at the same then meet back here to tell of our findings, it'd be quicker..."
    - PokeTheBard.

"W-what!? Is this some kind of a joke? These garments that you left. Are they for a man or a woman? They're PINK! This is ridiculous! I'm a warrior, not a... a variety of flower!"

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

Mitsuhide gives Kaori a slightly confused look.

"Pardon me, Kaori-san, but... which places would these be? Unless you would like me to observe the local livestock or... come to think of it, that farmer mentioned having to chase Gin away every night. It might be worth checking out, after all..."

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

Leaping back to his feet, Kaori slaps the younger Mitsuhide on the arm.

"Brilliant! Eh. I for one will be happy to check out Taka-sensei's place, but would appreciate the backup of Sammu-san. I don't want to be alone if sensei returns to find me going through her stuff..."
    - PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #37

Sammu

The young swordsman laughs a bit before replying, "Kaori-san, I'm afraid as you are of our new sensei...Something tells me she'd really cut my own arm off, but I would gladly back you up. Hopefully, Gin isn't as beastly as these people make him out to be..."

Sammu turns around ready to walk off in the direction of Taka's apartment, but he quickly says, "We are wasting valuable time now. Good luck Mitsuhide-san!"
    Gaerth

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

"To you as well."

Mitsuhide bows slightly before turning to walk to his own destination. He stops after a couple of steps.

"Ah. What method should we use to contact each other, should something happen? And when and where should we reconvene?"

The young swordsman rubs his arm slightly.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

With a plan in mind the three Genin split up to head for their seperate destinations. Sammu and Kaori follow the directions they had been given to Taka's apartment. The housing complex turned out to be in a rather plan part of town (North District) and they reached it with relatively few problems. There was one close call though. Before the two could enter into the building Kaori yanked Sammu into a nearby alley way and motioned for him to be quiet. The reason became clear when Taka came out of the door, looking as serious and angry as ever, eyes darting about before she stuck her hands in her pockets.

The moment of fear passed as she walked away, seemingly intent upon where she had been going. After waiting for a long tense minute the two broke from the allewyway and ran to the door. It was only once the two of them were inside of the building that they allowed themselves to relax. The Jounin lived on the third floor of the building and had a corner apartment...

Meanwhile...

Mitsuhide set out on his own mission, to investigate the local livestock and see if "Gin" showed up. It took a moment to realize that he didn't know were that particular farm was but it didn't take him long to figure out just were it was. It took only about a half-hour for him to get there, and it didn't look like the sun was going to be setting for at least four hours...

A middle-aged man sat on the porch of the farm, a picket fence surronding a large enclosure that had cattle, pigs, and chickens each in seperate sections of the area. Upon seeing he had a visitor he rose up from his seat and gave a friendly wave of his hand.

"Hey there, aren't you that boy who was asking about Gin? Why don't you pull up a chair and take a seat? We'll have a nice drink while we're waiting." He waited until the boy approached before offering a grin and holding out his hand. "It's nice to see someone doing something about him, its hard to make a profit with him around. My names Onu, yours?"

((I started typing this before Phoekun asked about communications, so all of this takes place after you decide how your going to do that.))
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

Kaori shakes his head.

"We should probably just come back here after scouting around and deal with this Gin all together. I say we give ourselves an hour, two tops at our locations before we get back to this spot."
    - PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

"Returning here might be difficult while I'm participating in this stakeout... it would be better if you could come to the farms instead, but I will return here if you do not show up."

With that, Mitsuhide walks to the farm, where he is greeted by the farmer named Onu. He bows politely in greeting, unsure of what to do with the offered hand.

"Asano Mitsuhide, sir. Thank you for your help..."

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

After a close call with Taka, Kaori takes great care in avoiding anyong whilst scaling the building to the third floor, ensuring Sammu is right behind him.
    - PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43

Sammu

That sure was close, Seito...You better keep your eyes out for that woman. I sense that she may return.

Sammu nods in agreement and follows his comrade. As they both scale the building, the young swordsman keeps his trained eye out for their Sensei. "I just thought of something Kaori-san..." Sammu says cautiously to his companion, "If Sensei Taka came out from this apartment, then why in the world would Gin be in here?"

He then returns his gaze to the streets hoping that Taka does not make a quick return.
    Last edited by SacredStorm; 2007-02-27 at 06:14 AM.
    Gaerth

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

Onu seemed a bit sheepish as he withdrew his hand and dipped into a bow of his own. "Sorry about that. Habit I learned from a foreigner in town recently." He said as he retreated to his former seat on his porch. "So..what exactly is your business with that rascal Gin?" He said with a slightly interested tone, keeping a cautious eye out on his life stock.

Meanwhile...

The two of them scrambled up the wall to the proper window, finding it unlocked and open just a little bit. Probably to let the fresh air in. A single bed was set against the one wall with a dresser on the opposite. Three photos lay untop of the dresser, the middle drawer opened up halfway. A door was set on the opposite side of the room. There was an odd sort of smell in the air, musty almost, and the thrum of too loud music came from the otherside of the door...

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kaori Inosuki

Ensuring his movements are undetected, Kaori attempts to force the window open further to allow for his entry and that of his team mate. Unfortunately, in opening the window he makes quite a notable noise, hoping that it was lost to the music beyond the door.

- PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

"My mission is to locate, 'subdue', and deliver Gin to Taka Okabashi-sensei before midnight. My teammates are looking for other leads at the moment; they should be here before long."

Mitsuhide pauses, and looks Onu in the eyes.

"You have been much more helpful to me than I can be to you, sir. I don't know what I can do to truly solve your problems with Gin, but if I cannot, please do not hesitate to ask my family or I what else we can do to repay you..."

17. - Top - End - #47

Sammu

Everything was so perfectly silent except for the music beyond the door, until Kaori causes a small creek upon entering. Sammu almost cursed before he quickly covered his mouth. Kuso! Breaking and entering was never my speciality...Same goes for Kaori-san here...

Sammu shakes his head in dissapointment, but continues to creep along the wall of the apartment hoping to find some evidence of any kind and wishing that whatever was beyond the door did not hear their entering. I'm shaking in my boots, Seito.

As if you had any Teishu...

Spoiler
    Show
    Move Silently:(1d20+8)[22]
    Search:(1d20+1)[13]
    Gaerth

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

At the farm!

"Don't worry so much about it Mitsuhide. Gin mostly seems to do it because its like a game for him. I can usually find my live stock again in a day or so in some out of the way spot. Sometimes he just takes it so far, y'know?" Onu confided in the Genin, looking out over the farm with sage-like eyes.

The sounds of foot steps could be heard as some ran up along the side of the barn, breathing hard. "Old man, old man! You have to hide me! Their coming after me again!" Came the stressed out voice as a blonde haired teenager came skidding around the corner of the building. Looking back the way he had come with wide grey eyes before jogging up towards Onu, panting. "Onu..you have to hide me again..I think I pushed her too far this time! She's gonna kill me!" Going right by Mitsuhide as if he wasn't even there. It took a moment for Mitsuhide to place the young man before it hit him. The blonde haired guy in front of him, dressed in a black dress shirt and slacks, was the infamous Wahe. Clutching something deperately in his hands as Onu chuckled and rose from his chair.

"Which one?"

"Oh come on old man, who else would threaten to kill me?"

"Alright, alright. You know where the hiding spot is, go right on in. Mitsuhide and I'll try and delay her a little bit." With a grateful nod Wahe threw open the door to Onu's home and hurried inside, closing the door behind him. It was only moments later that a teenage girl came around the corner, vein throbbing in her temple. Dressed in the red billowy pants and white tunic of a temple miko, she had a long mass of black hair. Carrying a long handled broom in one hand, she stormed up to the two on the porch and growled out. "Where. Is. He?" Mitsuhide couldn't help but notice some similarties between the infuriated teenager in front of him and his Jounin Taka...

Back at the Apartment

Despite how noisy Kaori and Sammu might have been in climbing through the window, the music on the other side of the door remained unchanged. Glancing at each other, Sammu crept along the one wall. Looking for clues seemed easy enough. The photos. One of the photos was of Taka and a bearded man, judging by how old Taka looked, taken about five years ago. The man had his arm over Taka's shoulder and both of them were smiling. In the second two more additions had been made. A young child dressed in a komono with seriousness stamped unto her face, a large black dog with yellow eyes, Taka, and the mystery man again. From the looks of it the four of them had all gone to a festival together. The last photo was just of the little girl from the second, though she looked much older then in the last one, closer to Sammu's or Kaori's age but just as serious.

Kaori's investigation proved less fruitful. Finding only a couple chewed up stuffed animals and books strewn about. The only thing of any interest was a small, meticously, stacked pyramid of scrolls. Part of him wanted to go through them to see what was written on them, but the smarter half of him wisely argued that it'd be very unwise unless he put them back in the exact same order as he found them.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

(OOC: Wisdom's his dump stat )

Kaori Inosuki

Kaori pulls the top scroll from the pyramid and looks it over, end to end. If it isn't sealed, he opens it and browses it's contents quickly.
    - PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

Mitsuhide can't help but feel slightly intimidated by the girl in front of him. Not that it excused Wahe's cowardice, but still... come to think of it, did Taka have a daughter? The resemblance is uncanny... no matter.

After a moment's hesitation, Mitsuhide holds an arm up in a gesture simultaneous apology, placation... and defense.

"Apologies, but... who are you looking for?"

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

The infuriated girl's eyes went from Onu to Mitsuhide the moment his mouth opened to start talking. Some of the tension went out of her as she looked at him but not nearly enoug, as the poor cracking broom handle would attest too.

"That damn pervert Wahe. Where is he? And who are you? You the one who put him up to this?" She demanded again, snapping the broom up as if it was a sword. Mitsuhide's seeming apology took some of the sting out of her words, but it didn't take a genius to know that if Mitsuhide said the wrong thing that the sting could return.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

"Wahe? He was here a minute ago, but... what did he do?"

Mitsuhide slowly lowers his arm. One of the tenets of Hiten Mitsurugi is preventing violence whenever possible. Which, he suddenly realizes, means distancing himself as much as possible from Wahe - his name should be enough.

"I'm sorry, you asked for my name, didn't you? I am Asano Mitsuhide."

He bows, as he always does when introducing himself, but the girl's stance and demeanor puts him on guard. This time, his head does not lower; this is a swordsman's bow.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

"It doesn't matter what he did, if you know were he went, then you better tell me were Wahe went!" She said evenly enough, stepping closer to the bowed Mitsuhide and laying the broom handle on his shoulder. The girl still seemed to be on the cool down until he mentioned his name.

"Your Mitsuhide? THE Mitsuhide? The guy all the other girls are talking about?" She began to laugh at that, apparently recognizing the name until an idea hit her. "Wait...did you put Wahe up to stealing my panties?!" She snarled, coming to a boil once more as she lifted the broom up some.

24. - Top - End - #54

Sammu

Your friend seems to be enjoying himself in that scroll, Seito...

The young swordsman looks across the room at his comrade and arches his eyebrow. A Jounin will most likely realize someone is tampering with their own scrolls...Wouldn't you say so, Seito? A frightful expression releases itself in the Genin's face. He tries to wave his hands towards Kaori; his arms going from side to side as if trying to say, "Put it down." Sammu gives a sigh and hopes that his new sensei will not be angered by their tampering.

He then focuses his attention to the music being played.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+1)[8]
    Gaerth

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

Mitsuhide's eyes widen in shock. He shakes his head vigorously to answer in the negative and points inside Onu's home, with a slightly apologetic look at the farmer. Still, this kind of thing could not be overlooked.

"I don't know exactly where he is, but he went inside..."

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

Sammu listens for the music being played in the background, surprised to discover that its one of the more popular songs that young girls listen to being played.

Farm

A frosty smile came to her face then and she nodded, lifting the broom handle up and off of his shoulder. Turning she brushed past a silent Onu to open the door to his house. Mitsuhide could hear the girl rumamging around in there, looking for the hidden Wahe. It was a long five minutes before she returned, steely eyes looking for Mitsuhide. "He's not in there Mitsuhide..are you SURE your not lying to me?"

"He's not lying Motoko, he doesn't know were Wahe is...and if you didn't find him, then I'm guessing he's already ran out of there." Onu spoke up suddenly, sticking himself between the two of them with a placating look on his face. "Your better off lookin' else were girl, though if it makes you feel better if I had known what he had done, I'd never have let him in."

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

"I'm sorry. If I had known, I would have done more to help you... is there a way I can make up for my mistake?"

Mitsuhide meets Motoko's eyes with an apologetic look. He is clearly upset at what he has allowed to transpire. And then, something else occurs to him.

"But, if you don't mind my asking, what was so funny about my name?"

28. - Top - End - #58

Sammu

The young swordsman taps his feet to the beat of the music beyond the door. In his head he can almost reiterate every word. If you're going to do that in here, please reconsider, Seito. Sammu stops abruptly as his inner-sensei wished. The young swordsman tries to wave Kaori over to him, in hopes that he will put down whatever cursed scroll he is holding.

With the lowest possible voice he can muster Sammu whisphers out, "Kaori-san...Come quickly, the music coming from behind here...It may sound that girls are present in the other room!" No more words come from Sammu's mouth as he presses his ear to the door in hopes of hearing conversations.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+1)[3]
    Gaerth

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

Kaori becomes engrossed in the scroll, not making too much effort to hurry along, observing as closely as possible.

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge: Ninja Lore

Take 10. Result 17

Ninjutsu

Take 10. Result 22

When addressed by the worried Sammu, Kaori gives him a fleeting look before whispering in return.

"Not now, Sammu-san. We should be fine if we're quiet and although this might not interest you but I for one think... thorough research... is entirely neccesary..."
    Last edited by PokeTheBard; 2007-02-28 at 06:30 AM.
    - PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

Apartment...

Kaori's eyes drifted over the scroll he had opened up, eyes widening as he finally came up with what the technique was...
    Spoiler
    Show
    There on the scroll was the forbidden technique "Youton - Kusa Juuji" (Or Demonic Release - Chain Cross). But why would Taka have forbidden techniques in her own home and more importantly, where had she even found a scroll with this technique on it?
    But when Sammu spoke to him, he was forced to look away from the technique scroll.

Sammu pressed his ear to the door leading out of the bedroom (the only door) hoping to hear something, anything really, on the other side. However the door seemed rather thick and the music was up fairly high. Couldn't hear a thing on the opposite side...

Farm...

"Oh you can help, if you see that little coward tell him that Motoko Okabashi is still looking for him. And if he apologizes enough I might only break his nose for his thievary!" Motoko said loudly, as if she expected Wahe to be able to hear her from were she was. Whither he did or didn't though nobody could tell since no one answered the challenge. Not that Motoko wasn't looking around to see if he was, and when nothing happened she sighed and leaned the broom up so the handle rested on her shoulder. Almost distracted before Mitsuhide spoke to her again. "Huh? Oh nothing is funny about it. I just thought you'd be...I don't know...bigger and maybe more like Wahe from what I've heard."
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2007-03-02 at 12:23 AM.