New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto d20 (Team B)

Inosuki Kaori

Upon uncovering the identity of the technique, Kaori carefully windsthe scroll back up and places it back, trying not to make the pyramid collapse.

"Then again, perhaps you're right..."

Kaori quickly backs away, leaving the pile well alone, for fear of discovering something worse.
    - PokeTheBard.

"W-what!? Is this some kind of a joke? These garments that you left. Are they for a man or a woman? They're PINK! This is ridiculous! I'm a warrior, not a... a variety of flower!"

Naruto of the Stick: (Various artists)

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

Somewhere in the back of Mitsuhide's mind, the truth about Motoko's surname registered. But right now, he was too distracted to truly notice. It was enough trying to watch the fields for Gin while talking to this fiery girl... and about the subject of his reputation, no less. He wasn't aware he had a reputation, at least not outside of swords...

He blinks. It seems the only option available to him right now.

"More like Wahe? Just what sorts of rumors are people spreading?"

3. - Top - End - #63
    Halfling in the Playground

Sammu

Sammu cautiously strides towards Kaori hoping that he would not make any noise. With a hushed voice he tries to tell his comrade the information he had found.

"It would seem that our Sensei had a family...Or at least that's what it looks like. Gin could be anyone in those pictures, but he certainly isnt in here. Do you have any suggestions, Kaori-san? Should we see who's beyond that door or is that to hasty?"
    Characters I am playing as at the moment:
    Gaerth

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

Kaori looks down for a moment, then raises a finger to the air.

"We should further investigate."

The masked genin shrugged.

"Eh, If we're caught, we can explain our conundrum... surely they won't be hostile, unless we find Taka-sensei waiting..."
    - PokeTheBard.

"W-what!? Is this some kind of a joke? These garments that you left. Are they for a man or a woman? They're PINK! This is ridiculous! I'm a warrior, not a... a variety of flower!"

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Naruto d20 (Team B)

At the Farm

"Rumors? You mean you haven't heard them yourself? From the way the other girls say it, your supposed to be some real big and handsome guy. But your just a little slip of a boy. Do you even know how to use that sword?" She asked pointedly, tapping the broom handle on her shoulder as she turned and began to walk away slowly. "Well whatever, Wahe isn't here I guess. I'll just have to get him back later, or if you see him break his nose for me."

At the Apartment...

Coming to the decision that, just perhaps, it was a better idea to explore a little more rather then just bail before finding anything very useful, Kaori and Sammu crept to the door and listened again for any noise beyond it. Hearing nothing, Sammu shrugged while Kaori began to slowly push the door open (Opens outward) out a short distance before there was a soft growl. The two genin paused before stepping back away from the door catiously. There was a long pregnant pause then as they stared at the door in fear, wondering just who had growled at them. Taka wouldn't growl at them...would she? However it wasn't the dark haired jounin who came through the door....it was the dog from the pictures...except the pictures hadn't quite done it justice or it had grown a great deal since then. The animal was easily as big as Kaori and it growled again upon seeing the two genin.

"Hey Sammu...does that look like a dog to you?"

"No...it looks like a wolf."

"It couldn't be....could it?"

"I have no idea, what do you think?"
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

Kaori's eyes widened.

"So right. Now we start... er... explaining our conundrum?"

Kaori rubbed his neck and shrank back a little.

"Eh. Any bright idea's, Sammu-san?"
    - PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

The young swordsman arches an eyebrow at Motoko's comments. She had responded rather more harshly than he had expected... but then, what reason did he have to expect otherwise? He opens his mouth to respond as she walks away, then thinks better of it.

And then he thinks better of thinking better of it. The way she had handled the broom earlier. The antagonizing behavior. The insinuation that he couldn't use a sword. It pointed to one thing, and that meant he couldn't let her jibes go unanswered.

"Ah. So you would be a student of Shinmei-ryuu, I take it? If that's the case, and you really doubt my ability, then please name a time and place. I'll be happy to show you what I can do with a blade..."

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

Motoko stopped as she was walking away, merely looking over her shoulder at him as he spoke. Finally she turned around, no hint of a mocking smile or smugness on her face, instead her voice had fallen to steely serious tone.

"How about here and now? Think carefully before you agree Mitsuhide, a challenge is a very serious thing."
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

"You're right. Which is why I cannot accept a challenge right now. It may not look like it, but I am on a mission. It would be irresponsible for me to put another activity ahead of that."

Mitsuhide's gaze meets Motoko's, his expression as serious as his voice.

"It would also be disrespectful to you if I devoted anything less than my full attention to the challenge. Name any time and place after midnight tonight, if you wish, and I will be there."

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

Kaori edges backwards slowly, grabbing blindly at Sammu's arm.

"Right. Sammu-san, our mission was to subdue and bring Gin to Taka-sensei's place before midnight. So he's obviously not here..."

He pulls at Sammu's arm as he turns and runs.

"So we should be leaving, kay?"

Focusing chakra in his hands and feet, the genin scrabbles down to get to the floor.

- PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #71

Sammu

By reaction, Sammu's sleeved arm reaches for his katana situated by his waist. His grasp was firmly around its handle before Kaori suggested they take their leave. We just got here... The large beast snarls once again revealing a nice set of sharp fangs. Then again we wouldn't want to intrude for too long.

"Yes I do believe we should go now...Kaori-san?" Sammu turns around to find that his friend as already jumped from the window to the safe ground below. Some friend, Seito...

The young swordsman's eyes go wide as he runs to follow his fleeing comrade. "Hold up!"

Sammu follows exactly what Kaori has just done.

Spoiler
    Show
    Chakra Control:(1d20+8)[19]
    Gaerth

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

At the Farm...

"Alright then, I'll meet you right here. Tomorrow at noon. Bring your A-game or this duel will be a lot shorter then either of us would like." Motoko said evenly with a short nod. Without so much as another word she turned and rounded the corner of the farm house. Now the only thing that he had left to do was wait for either Gin or his team mate's to show up at the farm.

At the apartment...(Of canine doom)

The two genin both retreated out of the window and down to the ground below. Both of them breathed easier as they got down unto firm ground and glanced back up at the window. A black canine head was sticking out of the window, looking down at them with interest. A moment later it tilted back its head to let out a long low mournful howl that echoed in the street. Kaori and Sammu glanced at each other nervously, wondering if Taka would come running back when something more alarming happened. The wolf set one paw out of the window, letting it hang there for a moment before the bottom of it began to glow light blue. A second later it pressed it down on the outside window and was soon enough standing there....on the side of the wall as if it was completely natural..

13. - Top - End - #73

Sammu

Interesting, is that dog using chakra? If so, I have never seen a breed like this one...Heh, good-luck with it, Seito. Suddenly, the connection he felt with his inner sensei fled him and left him alone with Kaori for this encounter. He stares as the beast sticks to the wall as a spider would do the same.

"Kaori-san...I'm beginning to suspect our Jounin-leader has an odd taste in dogs...Wouldn't you say the same? I really don't think Sensei Taka would be pleased if we, uh, kill her pet. So how do you feel of calmly walkin-I mean running away from this situation?"
    Gaerth

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

With his arms hanging limply by his sides, breathing heavily, Kaori nods to Sammu.

"Eh. If the puppy want's to play chase, we'll just need to outrun it. What's your speed like, Sammu-san?"
    - PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

Mitsuhide lets out a deep breath as Motoko finally leaves. He looks back up at Onu.

"I'm sorry about this. Will you mind if we meet here tomorrow?"

16. - Top - End - #76

Sammu

The young swordsman looks to his comrade with a stoic expression. "I'm not terribly slow, if that's what you are asking. I should be able to keep up with you, let's hope this mutt is no faster than any of us." Sammu does a complete 180 degree turn and dashes off. His sprinting halts for one moment to let out his last words.

"Quickly Kaori-san let us flee before he reaches the ground!"
    Gaerth

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

Darting after Sammu, Kaori keeps low with his arms trailing.

"You're kidding Sammu-san, right? I plan to be out of the village by then! Lets go find Mitsuhide-san before it gets too late."
    - PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Naruto (Team B)

At the Farm...

"Nothin' to worry your head about. Ya think I have anything more interesting to watch tomorrow besides some livestock? A brawl will really liven my day up." Onu said enthusastically as he returned to his seat on the porch and looked out over his fields. It was then that he frowned, for a rather large cow was moving rather suspiciously. Getting up unto it's hind legs and walking to the fence, in the opposite direction that Motoko had gone.

Out on the street...

Having come to a group decision, Kaori and Sammu turned in concert and took off away from the apartment. A glance back showed the wolf galloping down the side of the wall some before leaping off to land on the street and begin to chase after them. It still was behind them though, for that they could be thankful. Now they just had to stay ahead of it all the way to were they were supposed to meet Mitsuhide and if it was still following they could formulate a plan...

((You two going right to the farm on a straight run? No techniques or what not?))

19. - Top - End - #79

Sammu

The young ninja notices the form of which Kaori uses to run. For mere fractions of a second he remembers being tought that specific way when he was a young boy ready to enter the ninja academy. Of course, when he learned the styles of Hiten Mitsurugi-Ryu, his arms were taught to be swung by his side to propel his movements.

Funny that they even teach you how to run differently. His simple thoughts are cut short when Kaori almost passes him by, Sammu speeds up to stay even with him. "Which way back?!"

[OOC:Bleh, Simued...at least my post isn't off...Um I think we are heading for the farm. Up to Poke, since Sammu isn't the best thinker by himself while he's being pressured.

As for techs...Unless we want Taka's dog dead...no]

*Que the Sandlot chase-scene*
    Last edited by SacredStorm; 2007-03-06 at 10:14 PM.
    Gaerth

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

Mitsuhide watches the cow for a moment. He considers asking Onu about it, but decides against it. This seems a tad too early, not to mention silly, to be Gin. Which means it's almost certainly Wahe.

Leaping lightly off the porch, Mitsuhide takes off after the bipedal cow. With his speed, catching up is easy.

"That's far enough..."

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

"I dare say I don't know. We'll have to find it by chance then!"

Kaori forms a couple of hand seals in rapid succession, spinning on his heel to face the on coming canine.

"We need to buy some time, Sammu-san. Don't wait for me, this should only be one shot..."

Kaori clutches his right shoulder and winces, almost dropping down to one knee.

"Eh. This will work or i'll stop his jaws and claws with my flesh..."

Straightening out, Kaori steadies himself again and in an explosion, his right hand erupts into crackling lightning.

"Raikousen no Jutsu!"
    (
    Ray of Lightning Technique!)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Raikousen no Jutsu

Chakra control to convert 3 Chakra. 12. Failure

Ninjutsu roll for Raikousen no Justu. 14. Failure

The lightning crackles and burns out too quickly, before simply disappearing. Kaori grins behind his dark blue mask as sweat runs down his temple.

"Eh... figures... hehe"

Kaori drops down to his knees as the beast continues its approach.

(OOC: Wow, a 1 and a 2. Invisible castle *actually* hates me... lol)
    - PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

At the farm..

Onu merely watches with a bemused expression on his face as Mitsuhide charges after the walking cow. The cow seems more surprised then anything twists around to let out a low irritated moo as the swordsman finally came up beside him. With a pop and cloud of smoke that cleared quickly, Wahe stood there with a perplexed look on his face.

"What?

On the street...

Sammu takes the advice of his companion and continues to run on ahead and let Kaori deal with the problem on his own and quickly rounded a bend and passed out of sight... ((Sacred, you have about a minute to five minutes worth of full on running to get to the farm, depending on how much you try to obscure were you went.))

The big dog skidded to a halt as on the street, sending up a little cloud of dirt as Kaori raised up his hand and tried to call out lightening to deal with the persistent canine. When nothing happened though and the Genin fell down unto his knees, a smile seemed to come unto his muzzle. The big wolf scratched one paw against the ground, like a bull preparing to charge, before running forward at full speed with it's head lowered down to head butt the boy.

(( [roll Attack]1d20[/roll]
    [roll Damage (Subdual)]1d6[/roll] ))

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

"No, not 'what'. You don't get to just slink away from this. If you are any sort of man, you will catch up to Motoko and apologize."

Mitsuhide eyes Wahe intensely, and cracks his knuckles.

"If you don't, then I will act in her stead..."

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

Mitsuhide's only response was an incredulous look and a short unbelieving look. When the Genin raised up his knuckles and began to crack them. Wahe's easy going grin fell away then to one of surprise.

"Your serious aren't you? About me going back to apologize? Do you have ANY idea what I went through to get them in the first place? Or what she'll do to me if I don't give her time to simmer down? Which thanks by the way, a nice fat ought to make her real placid for the next couple of days after. Maybe I'll apologize then, but not now." Wahe confided as if he expected it to be a done deal. As if no one could possibly argue with that sort of logic or reasoning.

((Diplomacy check of 18 to show how persuasive he's being. Just to give an idea.))

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

As Kaori's adversary charged, he is narrowly able to avoid it, and forces himself to the ground, simply to get out of the way from the rampaging animal.

"No." he whispers. "This isn't right..."

Struggling to his feet, the battered and dirty looking genin pushes up, getting to prone.

"I've killed ninja before... i've defeated many opponents..."

He coughed and stood up straight, still looking down at his feet. He speaks aloud finally so that the "wolf" can hear him.

"and i'll be damned if i'm beaten..."

Clapping his hands together into the same seals again he looks up to face the canine in the eyes. Dropping his right hand to his side, it crackles back into life as lightning energy wreaths it in chakra.

"...by a mangy mutt! Raikousen no jutsu!"
    (Ray of Lightning Technique!)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ninjutsu Roll Ninjutsu: Raikousen no Jutsu! (1d20+12=21) - Success!

3 Chakra Expended.

Ranged Touch Attack Ranged Touch Attack (1d20+6=9)

The lightning leaps fiercely from Kaori's hand as he thrusts forward. The ray's path is erratic, befitting of electricity.

(OOC: I'd like to edit my previous statement. I hate Invisible Castle.)
    Last edited by PokeTheBard; 2007-03-08 at 02:51 PM.
    - PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

"...do you even understand how apologies work? You're not supposed to wait until you think it's convenient. You've done something wrong. Very wrong. If you had even a shred of pride left in you, you'd stop hiding behind excuses and get it over with. If you won't do it, then I'll either have to break my promise, or your nose. It's an easy choice from where I'm standing..."

Mitsuhide locks his gaze with Wahe's. It is clear that he would rather not do anything of the sort, but he's also not about to let the other boy just walk away...

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

Street...

The erraticness (Is that even a word?) proved to be the saving grace for the large wolf who managed to leap to the side to avoid the blow. Panting, almost as if it was laughing, it began to scratch it's paws against the ground once more..

This time when it charged, the wolf's head did hit, and hard too. Hard skull hitting against Kaori's (by comparison) soft and fleshy stomach. Hitting hard enough to push him back a foot before stopping...

((9 points of subdual damage and a handle animal check please Poke. Untrained if you have no ranks.))

Farm...

"Don't lecture me on apologies bumpkin. I have the rules and laws of etiquette beaten into my skull daily, I don't need it from a farmer with a metal stick. If I go back now SHE WILL KILL ME. Its that simple, she WASN'T joking. This isn't me being rude, its me having survival instinct." Wahe says a bit angerily, but then again this was hardly a normal situation to be in so maybe the two of them did have a reason to be...angry with each other. Onu had a pleased look on his face, as if watching two genin beat the crud out of each other was prime entertainment. The livestock in the pen with them seemed irrated that someone was standing in their food.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

It happened so fast, not even Mitsuhide could see it coming - a hard blow, aimed squarely at Wahe's face.

Spoiler
    Show
    Unarmed strike - 1d20+7=24
    Damage (subdual) 1d4+3=7

"Bumpkin? You worthless piece of trash... insult the noble name of the Asano again, and I will kill you."

Mitsuhide glares at the other genin, eyes burning with an angry inner fire. To be mistaken for a farmer was bad enough, but to have his clan's name trod upon by such insulting language? It was unforgivable...

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

Kaori continues to take a beating from the wolf. The further this draws out, the more he believes perhaps this was a bad idea.

Spoiler
    Show
    Handle Animal
    Handle Animal - 1

T.T Invisible Castle, why hast thou forsaken me?
    - PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

At the farm...

Wahe's head was snapped to the side from the blow, a look of surprise frozen on his face from the blow. Onu looked as if he was trying to restrain from bursting out laughing as the other Genin stumbled to the side. Raising a hand up to feel the growing swelling on the side of his face as his eyes narrowed.

"One blow Mitsuhide...just one free hit is all I've ever given anyone and your no exception. You pull that again and this gets real..."

On the Street...

Kaori's inexpierence with animals shows as he stares intently at the wolf and is unable to glean anything from it's expert poker face...if wolves played poker that is.

((Sammu can be arriving at the farm at any moment now....))