New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Well That was Unexpected Thread III: I Throw Comics at the Wall, You See What Sti

Quote Originally Posted by ti'esar View Post
    Edit: Incidentally, I've been genuinely considering doing a fan art thing mashing up WTWU characters with my personal favorite Star Wars poster, mostly as an artistic test. But I can't justify the time expenditure. Maybe over the holidays.
    It would be GLORIOUS!!

790 might have had something to do with the new Star Wars, but not intentionally. Just thought it'd be funny.

Comic 791. I wanted to do something a bit...different.

Questions? Comments? Critique?
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Well That was Unexpected Thread III: I Throw Comics at the Wall, You See What Sti

So after 10,000 years standing around the Imperial Palace doing absolutely nothing except (from what we've seen) complain about how little action he's seeing, Limbaw finally gets to go out and fight in a war once more... and he gets bored again in like four days? I get that he's not facing any real threats, but still...

Limbaw: bad Custodes or worst Custodes?
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by oppyu View Post
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

Check this game out! Or at least give it a thumbs up.
    Why "because the plot said so" is not a good answer.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Barbarian in the Playground

He's just a Custode for fun.

4. - Top - End - #514

Limbaw is just your average guy who's an average Custodes as a hobby! Seriously though, I am trying to round out their characters. I have no regrets.

Comic 792! This comic probably shouldn't exist but the Three Stooges are too much gold.

edit: Fixed "Davaddor." Ascelos is a moron, but Savaddor's name is one of the very few things he'd actually know.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2015-12-19 at 11:15 PM.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Okay, so when I laugh out loud at one of these comics it's almost always at slapstick or general banter, not at the punchline specifically. But "he's illiterate" was gold.

And it looks like we're finally (emphasis on "finally") uploading into Hypt, which should be interesting and visually cool.

Edit: Ascelos calls Savaddor "Davaddor" in the fifth panel. Though that might actually be in character, I dunno.
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2015-12-19 at 10:54 PM.
    Show
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

6. - Top - End - #516

These guys deserve a spin off.

7. - Top - End - #517

Quote Originally Posted by Keios View Post
    These guys deserve a spin off.
    I'm gonna be honest here, writing for the three of them is hard. As for my other spinoffs, well, i've been meaning to make another Ask the Custodes, probably continuing Ep. 9 and update Black Crusadin' eventually but unfortunately i've been lacking motivation for some reason.

Comic 793! I KNOW i'm dragging my feet but there's still a lot of character interaction I want to happen!

Just to push me a bit farther, next comic will be the next installment of the Black Crusadin' saga!

8. - Top - End - #518
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Huh, I was expecting no comic today and a seasonal one in a couple of days instead.

Still feels weird to see this big-brotherly side of Rand, considering that he usually maintains his normal posture of snarky belligerence even with his other friends. I would have speculated on whether it's related to his recent development of a sense of responsibility, but Jeroshaw seemed to help cause that, not the other way around.

Top line of text in panel 6 has a random strikethrough.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #519

Oh, don't let me pressure you into doing anything.

I'm disapointed Sereyentheous doesn't get to be uploaded, but then again, he would make it too easy.
    Last edited by Keios; 2015-12-24 at 10:07 PM.

10. - Top - End - #520

Huh, I was expecting no comic today and a seasonal one in a couple of days instead.
    No, you're right. Seasonal comic instead. Then an anniversary comic soon-ish, for now, anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Keios View Post
    I'm disapointed Sereyentheous doesn't get to be uploaded, but then again, he would make it too easy.
    I actually have a good reason for this beyond "Sereyentheous would make it too easy."

Since I don't want to add exposition i'll just explain it here.

Savaddor's upload thingie sends the user's mind and soul into Hypt, uploaded into Vessels built by Savaddor. While Ser's mind is formidable and he would be very effective in Hypt, there's still limitations because his body would be weaker than what he used to (and we saw how that turned out LAST time that happened.) He could, instead, be using the entirety of his physical strength and skill as well as his arsenal to protect Iddex's lab and everyone inside from any wandering Cloud Supercruisers or Targnilian Superheavy Vessels from using the lab as target practice.

Anyways, WTwU Christmas Special '15

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2015-12-26 at 10:23 PM.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Oh man, Creepy Xeno is spreading into other holidays now! Is nowhere safe?

Rand looks seriously odd in casual clothes.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #522

I.....you.....

I'm gonna have nightmares tonight.

13. - Top - End - #523

Rand looks seriously odd in casual clothes.
    Well you've never seen him in casual clothes. Ever. It'd be like putting Marnia in farmer's overalls.

Also, nope. No holiday is safe, and Valentine's Day is in under two short months

Black Crusadin' 8 is finally up! I decided a while ago to keep Black Crusadin' in my OotS style for the sake of consistency.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I'm afraid I don't know the story with Black Crusadin'. Is it based on an actual campaign?
    Show

15. - Top - End - #525

I'm afraid I don't know the story with Black Crusadin'. Is it based on an actual campaign?
    It's the abridged version of part of a campaign I was in, much like Epic Level (except that was based on only a single encounter. The campaign it's from lasted longer than that, but not much longer sadly.) My character was the Plague Marine, so although it's not intentional, most of the narrative will seem to be following him. As you might've seen, this is the EXTREMELY abridged but still fairly accurate version of events.

Though full disclosure: I DID take a few liberties in the sequence of events here: the plasma cannon shot to the head should've come later.

Anyways, New Years/Anniversary Special '15 is up! The special nobody really wanted but got anyways!

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2016-01-01 at 11:18 PM.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Well, nobody may have asked for it, but I've enjoyed the other one-panel seasonal party comics in the past, so it's all good. Though the Table of Forgotten Bad Guys definitely steals the show here.

Is Savaddor supposed to be doing something in specific? He's the only character who seems to be just randomly standing around.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #527

Is Savaddor supposed to be doing something in specific? He's the only character who seems to be just randomly standing around.
    I'll leave that up to your imagination.

Comic 794. Just a little something I wanted to make.

Also for those of you curious, here's the list of names (when applicable) in order of appearance counter-clockwise from top-left.
    Spoiler
    Show

Kobold Tech Priest
    Eternus Praetorian
    Major Powers
    Archmagister-Prime of High Aios
    Anchor of Madness News
    Human Female
    Commissar Limbaw
    Duvutan Class Heavy Infantry Combat Vessel
    Imperial Guard Stormtrooper (As in the Stormtroopers who can actually hit things, and use lasguns that don't suck.)
    Malathot
    Ahriman
    Kobold Maid
    Targnilian Class Superheavy Combat Vessel

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2016-01-06 at 10:56 PM.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Well, that answers that question. Though I'm not sure whether my primary response to this development is more "Awwwww" or "AAAAUGH".

I also like the twist on the sentient/sapient running gag.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Technically, isn't the character you have listed as "Human Female" the proprietor of the clothing store from Chapter 12 (the one Rand accidentally smashed into a wall)?
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2016-01-06 at 11:15 PM.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #529
    Titan in the Playground

All I can think is that was adorable.

20. - Top - End - #530

....You did it. For a while there, at panel 8, I was completely confused, thinking "Wait, what? There's something wrong here", until I realized you subverted the joke. I was like a trained dog that reacted to the wrong stimuli.

I look forward to another date, and see what comes out of this one. Tzeentch? Slaanesh maybe?
    Last edited by Keios; 2016-01-07 at 08:41 AM.

21. - Top - End - #531

Spoiler
    Show
    Technically, isn't the character you have listed as "Human Female" the proprietor of the clothing store from Chapter 12 (the one Rand accidentally smashed into a wall)?
    That was not something I was cogniscient of, but you are correct. I actually originally saw her as a store employee, not proprietor, but given that that information was never specified nor will it ever be, either interpretation is correct

Also, I was going for adorable-ness. What ever your opinion is on lizard X post-post-human shipping, I leave that up to you.

Comic 795! This comic shouldnt've taken as long as it did, but Saturday and Sunday were busy travel-days for me.

In other news, I thought I had an idea for how the next chapter will end, but then a newer, better idea came to me. Still fairly similar, but I realized I can add one major plot-twist into the mix and let the chips fall where they may

Unfortunately...the twist is such that i've been re-thinking the ending sequence i've had planned for years. Literally years.

And finally, when this chapter is over (it will be soon) I will make a bonus-comic showing off a bit of Marnia & Ser's training.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I've never understood how this comic could even have a pre-planned ending sequence - at least, not one that didn't constantly have to be updated every time unplanned new characters appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Man, this next chapter is going to be weird. (Though how was that not the end of this one?)

And yeah, I have no idea how they're going to take down Kalros either. Though I'm still guessing that Black Star is going to be the actual final boss of the Hypt arc, given that our heroes' biggest advantage right now is how Kalros keeps shooting himself in the foot, and that the Hypt Dragons probably aren't terribly happy with him anymore.
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2016-01-12 at 12:34 AM.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #533

I've never understood how this comic could even have a pre-planned ending sequence - at least, not one that didn't constantly have to be updated every time unplanned new characters appeared.
    I actually am trying to move everything narratively towards a single conclusion but there's so much I want to do, that the world keeps expanding outwards rather than moving towards the final confrontation. That said, well...the more I think about it, the more my new ending to this arc will really throw a wrench into my plans. And that's fine.

Man, this next chapter is going to be weird. (Though how was that not the end of this one?)
    The previous chapter was a sabotaged dinner-date that ended with Khorne, Chaos Good of Bloodshed getting his head punched off.

This chapter mobilized our heroes against the omnicidal Superintended and his army of morbidly obese robot dragon-balls that do not grant wishes.

How the HELL was there ever any question as to whether or not next chapter was going to be weird?
    And yeah, I have no idea how they're going to take down Kalros either. Though I'm still guessing that Black Star is going to be the actual final boss of the Hypt arc, given that our heroes' biggest advantage right now is how Kalros keeps shooting himself in the foot, and that the Hypt Dragons probably aren't terribly happy with him anymore.
    No comment.

Comic 796!

24. - Top - End - #534
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    The previous chapter was a sabotaged dinner-date that ended with Khorne, Chaos Good of Bloodshed getting his head punched off.

This chapter mobilized our heroes against the omnicidal Superintended and his army of morbidly obese robot dragon-balls that do not grant wishes.
    Yeah, but the next chapter is going to have Marnia speaking normally the whole time (or at least until they leave Hypt). Now that's weird.

As for the current comic: this is a mostly unexpected development, but it's probably a good one. Though I feel like they're being awfully premature here, particularly after the discussion in last comic.

The speech order in the first panel is kind of hard to figure out.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #535

They prepared a giant cake knowing full well that the two of them are the only ones capable of eating. I guess they just needed an excuse.

26. - Top - End - #536

Yeah, but the next chapter is going to have Marnia speaking normally the whole time (or at least until they leave Hypt). Now that's weird.

Fair enough.

Comic 797 is up!

And with that I think i'll end the chapter. But the haitus does not begin yet! I still have an idea of a Ser x Marnia training comic, in addition to another comic idea I got that popped into my head. Expect them sooner rather than later.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Um. What?

...yeah, that was not really a development I was expecting. Now, question is, are they here to help or hahaha who am I kidding.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #538

I'm gonna sit back and enjoy some popcorn, as Limbaw vents his frustrations on and entire, unprotected fleet.

29. - Top - End - #539

Don't worry, this is going somewhere.

Marnia x Ser Training! I don't know why, but I wanted to make this comic.

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2016-01-23 at 04:46 PM.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Titan in the Playground

What was with the pokemon?