New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: The Challenge

1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default The Challenge

You are surprised when Jarod leads you through the Velvet Door, but you are even more surprised that he leads back through the door. What surprised you the most is that you not back at the headquarters. Instead, you found yourself in a place that can best be described as medieval fair.
    "Welcome to the most exciting place on earth. Or the most boring, it really depends on your interests. If you ever wanted to learn jousting or archery this is the perfect opportunity. I will need to find Lady Anabel, she promised she would give us two personal tents for today. You should probably stay with me until then. Once we are settled in you will have about an hour to roam freely before the fun starts."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosant View Post
    This is evil, evil GMing. Brilliant, good sir!

LGBTAitP
    Philemon avatar by the awesome Morbis Meh.
    Suikoden Tabletop-Work in progress

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: The Challenge

Dorian nodded to Sam, and in turn to Sir Galahad, who followed shortly behind. "Perfect place for us."

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sam was slightly alarmed as they emerged from the Velvet Door. He wad expecting that Jarod had simply forgotten something back at the base, and was going back to retrieve it. "Huh. I keep thinking that I've finally got the hang of all of this, just in time for you guys to show me how little I know. So, where exactly are we now? At this point, you could tell me we had just teleported to the surface of Mars and I wouldn't be surprised."

Then, turning to Dorian, he said "Anyway, I have a feeling we're going to have some fun here. Never been to one of these fairs, but I've heard of them. Never had a reason to visit one before Arthur showed up, and haven't had a chance since he did. Although, I suppose this isn't an ordinary fair."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Kyoko lagged a bit behind the boys as they walked through the fair. She'd heard of things like this, where people pretended to be knights and such, but she'd never imagined herself going to one. She felt out of place, and she wondered why they had brought her with. That bizarre door was also bothering her, she just couldn't figure out how she'd got here from under the school. Sam and Dorian both seemed to be interested in the fair, and she awkwardly made conversation with them, hoping to get a clue what was going on.

"So, you two are, like, into this kind of stuff?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Awesome Iron Chef avatars by Neoseph7! Murkrow avatar of coolness by Introbulus!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by banthesun View Post
    "So, you two are, like, into this kind of stuff?"
    Dorian turned to look at the girl, and unfolded his arms, reaching one to offer a handshake. "Ah, yes. I don't believe we've met. I'm Dorian Lancaster, and this..." he nodded to the knight behind him, who made a low bow. "Is my Persona, Sir Galahad."

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Kyoko stopped mid-stride, a little taken aback by Dorian's proffered hand. She awkwardly grasped his hand for a second, and gave a quick bow.

"I'm Kyoko." She paused, wondering if she was supposed to introduce her persona too. "Um, and my persona is Mimi. Pleased to meet you," she added.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Awesome Iron Chef avatars by Neoseph7! Murkrow avatar of coolness by Introbulus!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by White_Knight View Post
    Sam was slightly alarmed as they emerged from the Velvet Door. He wad expecting that Jarod had simply forgotten something back at the base, and was going back to retrieve it. "Huh. I keep thinking that I've finally got the hang of all of this, just in time for you guys to show me how little I know. So, where exactly are we now? At this point, you could tell me we had just teleported to the surface of Mars and I wouldn't be surprised."
    "We are still in our world, we just used the velvet world as a shortcut. It's usually frown upon, but we were really in a hurry.
    By the way, having your persona summoned is considered as invitation for a challenge. Just a friendly warning."

For a split second a you can read concern on Jarod's face. He sniffs the air around him and whispers.
    "This does not smell good."

Within seconds an explosion rocks the ground around you, but Jarod remains standing.
    "We must find Lady Anabel. Hurry."
    Last edited by Philemonite; 2014-07-18 at 11:22 AM.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosant View Post
    This is evil, evil GMing. Brilliant, good sir!

LGBTAitP
    Philemon avatar by the awesome Morbis Meh.
    Suikoden Tabletop-Work in progress

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Asteron Questar View Post
    "By the way, having your persona summoned is considered as invitation for a challenge. Just a friendly warning."
    Dorian raised an eyebrow. "What, Galahad? He's always out. Just doesn't always make himself known."

The ground shook, and he wobbled a bit, but remained upright and smiling. "Haha, that's new. Which way, boss?"

Banner by Elder Tsofu.