New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Theme Week RP: What a week!

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Some sort of green humanoid had begun to gather beings together and started to deliver some sort of speech. The Knight did not seem to register Uryuu had spoken at all, and Uryuu was quite disinterested by what he had heard of the speech thus far so he simply left. After all, he did not yet have a home within the town and this was something he endeavoured to remedy as fast as possible.

Wait... Uryuu paused midstride Did I have a home before coming here?

Scowling, he tries to remember before, but nothing he could remember made sense let alone gave him an answer. Indeed, the closest he could remember to having a home was being a cloud and such a memory should be impossible.

Perhaps I am insane and all that this town and my wish for a place to call my own really is just an indicator that I've fallen even further into this insanity...

Only after having walked for quite some time were his thoughts interrupted by suddenly finding himself in the middle of what appeared to be undeveloped land.

This was a walled town... wasn't it?
    Dancing orbs of light flitted their way across the open field, taking little notice of the humanoid that stood amongst them. The sky darkened to a rich bronze fading to a deep navy blue, though only moments ago, it was high noon. All around, neither forest nor village was to be seen, merely fallow fields emptied of grain, and will-o'-wisps that glided through the grass.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Quote
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneris View Post
    Dancing orbs of light flitted their way across the open field, taking little notice of the humanoid that stood amongst them. The sky darkened to a rich bronze fading to a deep navy blue, though only moments ago, it was high noon. All around, neither forest nor village was to be seen, merely fallow fields emptied of grain, and will-o'-wisps that glided through the grass.

Uryuu's ears snap forward as he focuses on the scenery a short way to his left Strange... The air over there seems to warp and move, yet I can clearly see this is not the case.

Scanning the rest of the scenery simply makes the anomalous patch of air even stranger. Uryuu tosses a small pebble at the patch of air and watches it warp, twist and disappear as it connects.

This most certainly does not appear to be safe.
    Warning: Wormhole detected - 0.03 units ahead

Alarmed, Uryuu whipped his head around to make sure he really was alone.
    Zephyr?
    Welcome. Status - Ready
    Out of habit, Uryuu resisted the urge to smile. After all, even if he was insane he really would not want others to think he was merely because of unexpected reactions to an AI only he could hear. Zephyr didn't sound exactly the same as before, but Uryuu was simply relieved some of his electronics were functional again.

By the time Uryuu had finished analyzing the tiny wormhole, dark had fallen around him. A few will o' the wisps floated past, their glow complimenting the light of the moon and the stars. Strangely, it seemed Uryuu's electronics were seemingly undamaged yet would not function consistently making a task which should have taken half an hour instead take several hours. During the time nothing seemed to work, Uryuu had gathered some round blue stones and placed them in a neat circle around the tiny wormhole.

As sure as he could be that the tiny 'wormhole' was safe, Uryuu took a step toward it. They say curiosity killed the cat. It is a good thing, then, that I am not a cat, but a... umm... Shaking his head, he decided it did not matter and simply strode through. The world around him exploded into a kaleidescope of colour, forcing him to close his eyes. A strange tingling coarsed through his body. All he could hear was the chime of countless bells sounding at once. It felt as though it lasted hours, yet in truth it was simply the same as any other step.

It would seem to be the town from earlier again. I remember. The gate was that way.
    It was midafternoon that Uryuu stepped from what seemed to be the wall of an abandonned building and strode toward the gate.

EDIT - Typo
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-07-28 at 03:47 AM.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

3. - Top - End - #153

Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
    That creature over there knows. Felina turns to the creature. I'm in rather a hurry to get my servant back. Takes us to where she is as quickly as we can all arrive in one piece! She sends Kendall a look that she hopes will communicate "just play along".
    "Right this way then, all of you. Stick together now. Just because we're all on the same side of the war doesn't mean you'll get any preferential treatment. " The Thin Man led the little band back to intersection, pausing to sigh at the proliferation of purple puffballs. "When this is over, I never want to see another mushroom in my life, or the next one. " Thankfully, the number of mushrooms visible diminished with the light levels as they traveled down the dark path towards the supposed seat of the Winter Court.

As they drew nearer, denizens of the forest began to appear out of the woodwork. Atomies chatted with small six-legged lizards on the price of gold, two redcaps argued on the consistency of various bloodtypes. A small gnome hawked filched jewelry and stolen socks from a stolen wagon. All parted like the Red Sea as the group passed, albeit a very eclectic and somewhat rude sea. A weasel curtsied as Felina passed, gave Immer a sideways glance, and hissed as Kendall and Lycu went by.
    Last edited by Oneris; 2014-07-30 at 03:51 PM.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

Felina moves the group along, snapping sharply Don't touch anything. Fey bargains are tricky business, and she doesn't want anyone getting caught.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

5. - Top - End - #155

Think of offers most difficult to refuse and of bargains only the most idiotic would accept, and you've basically summarized the entirety of the Faerie Market.

"Trading silver for gold! Double market price!"
    "Desecrated gems from abandoned catacombs! No curse guaranteed"
    "All manner of spell reagents! Bottled shadows and Bats' whispers freshly in stock!"
    "Buy 3 get a wish free!"

"Fresh meeaat?" A seedy looking creature with the greasiest hair imaginable extended towards Felina a platter heaping with bloodied corpses of all manner of fowl and vermin. "Freshly caught, and I guarantee no retaliation from angry family members" As aside look and a furtive whisper into a furry ear revealed "They're all trespassers. I know someone who knows someone. "

Off in the distance, wares took on a more military form. A weapons vendor displayed his wares of bone blades, copper swords, and a strange set of throwing knives that appeared to be crafted from frozen leaves. An arrow stall sold bolts and ammunition of all types: flint-tipped arrows that set fire to whatever they hit, bolts of a green wood that sprouted and entangled on impact, shaped seedpods for slings that enhanced fly distance by 200 feet, or so the salesman claimed. A line of weary soldiers in scuffed and bloodied leaf and bark armor stretched from a food vendor and snaked through the central square.

Ahead, cairns of stones lined the path to a towering mound of raised earth.
    Last edited by Oneris; 2014-08-03 at 06:48 PM.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

The Knight pauses to rest after hacking at the growth around the gate and to assess his battle against the plants.

"I know naught of magic, but this seems most fell. Unless winters and storms here be just as extreme, all landmarks will be swallowed by harvest time!"
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" - J.Buffett

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

Hearing no dissent, Felina ushers the group through quickly, following her guide.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

The knight notices that his ax has burst into flame. It is only then , noticing his hands, that he realizing he has become molten ...flame....flesh.

"Ahhh! I hath been banished to the fiery underword! This be my fate? The penance I must pay for my sins? To be so eternally tormented?"

He looks at Anna , who now appears made of sky.

"Thou must be an angel....pray for my salvation! Tell me, how do I avoid this fate?"

9. - Top - End - #159

"If you're burning in hellfire, and she's an angel, then what am I?"
    Maetheline floated over, an amorphous cloud of purple haloed by glittering silver stones. Two brown orbs of liquid peered out from the core of the swirling vapor.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Kendall represses a gasp as her hair, untamable from the time she was a fey, whirls and ties itself up into a ponytail before bursting into flame. She only groans when her clothing follows suit and flickers against her now far warmer than usual skin.
    "You're not the only one in the fire boat it seems. I would say we're the classical elements but..." She glances up at Maetheline. "She doesn't really fit that role and I don't see any earth or water... yet."
    My pronouns are they/them, but I don't care much.

My PbP Characters:
    Ailian Sunblazer

My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #161
    Barbarian in the Playground

The wind blows in somewhat, and with it comes... snow?

No, wait, there's a being within that snow.

It's Cly, whose form is now transparent and a faded bluish gray. Her eyes now glow a turquoise hue, and her arms seem to have become wings, which seem almost like thin sheets of ice. And of course, she blows along with a mixture of wind and snow, both of which would be harsh for any regular human.

...Of course, when she sees that two of the folks in the immediate area are fire-based, she keeps her distance from them.
    Pseudo-Luigi of the Solt Lorkyurg Fanclub.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sgeo View Post
    So Vaarsuvius is an Epic Whatsit now. "Whatsit". I think I like that term.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Pixie in the Playground

"Calm yourself Sir Knight. This form like the one before, if things hold true, will change again when the week is gone." Anna's voice sounds strange and breathy.

Glancing quickly around her Anna says, "I don't think we're in the underworld. Though being stuck in this ever changing land might seem an eternal torment, who knows, some day yet, we might find our way out of it."

Anna holds her hands out before her and inspects them, then twists and turns to examine herself. "I am no angel, but I appear to be an air elemental of some kind."

Anna reaches a hand out toward Maetheline, "I'm not sure what you are. You seem to be made of some form of gas..." A gust of wind pushes out from Anna's outstretched hand and Maetheline's form starts to billow and waver.

"Oh! Sorry!" Anna gasps and quickly lowers her hand and withdraws a bit, but in doing so Anna moves closer to Kendall making her flames fan higher.

"Oops!" Anna jumps up in the air and floats up out of reach. "Hmm... this could get awkward if we are not careful."

Anna looks around the town as the the vegetation that was overwhelming the town despite their efforts to remove it starts to slowly wither and fade.

"Well, at least our food supplies are fully stocked up." Then she glances down at her transparent body. "Though I'm not sure that an air elemental eats fruits and vegetables."

"Oh I wish I could go to my library and do some research, but until I get a little better control I think it would probably be best if I didn't go in." Anna imagines what a mess it would would make if uncontrolled winds were unleashed in her library, then she gets a look of horror on her face as she imagines what would happen if a fire elemental should enter it.

"I think we are all going to have be very careful in these new forms."
    Last edited by Kaariane; 2014-08-13 at 02:10 AM.
    I've got inkscape and I'm not afraid to use it!

Extended Sig full of avatary goodness!

13. - Top - End - #163

The blizzard elemental floats over toward Anna. Should be safe, they're both basically composed of wind, even of Cly's is of a chillier sort.

"Er, well, I'm not sure food would be a concern," she offers. "I was actually feeling kind of hungry before we transformed just now, and now I don't feel hungry at all, so... that could mean something?"

"...Though I'm not sure we'd be able to eat anyway, if we're literally air."
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #164

"I'd be glad to help you in your research, but I fear I'm in the same predicament as you are. "
    Maethel swatted an ephemeral hand through Cly's snowy form to demonstrate.

The hand solidified and dropped off, falling to the ground with an audible thud. The rest of her body quickly followed suit, landing in a pile of blue-black crystals. Her metallic orb of a head perched precariously on top like an unperturbed cherry.

"Oh, would you look at that. I've crystallized. "

"Well, that's solved one problem. Now, can someone sweep me up? Wait-no, hang on. I've got this."

Slowly, the pile of metallic bits began to pull themselves together, wobbling into a vague facsimile of a humanoid form, before blooming back into a puff of purple smoke as a stray crystal lingered too close to one of the fire elementals.

"That's it. I hate this form."

15. - Top - End - #165

"...Yeah, I barely felt anything from that," Cly says after Maethel's hand passes through.

"...Um, you okay? Sorry about that..."
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Kendall glances down at her feet. "My shoes are on fire too. My shoes." She sighs. "Sometimes I wish I never came to this town. I miss being a regular old elf."
    Last edited by asdflove; 2014-08-13 at 02:11 AM.
    My pronouns are they/them, but I don't care much.

My PbP Characters:
    Ailian Sunblazer

My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

"A shame to hear. This town seems far more stable to me than places from before." A neon orange and red fox-like being floated a short distance away from the others, his head tilted to one side and his bat-like wings flapping steadily. "That said, my memory is far from reliable. I think."

EDIT - Typo
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-08-13 at 04:43 AM.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

The Knight looks at his companions.

"In many ways, this is worse. At least as Fey, we were of one. Now, like winter's bonfire mists the blizzard, we may confound one another. "

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Immer appears from the middle of no where.
    Nobody expects me! My key weapon is surprise, surprise and shadows, shadows and surprise. My two key weapons are shadows and surprise... and why do I have a mustache?
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Immer appears from the middle of no where.
    Nobody expects me! My key weapon is surprise, surprise and shadows, shadows and surprise. My two key weapons are shadows and surprise... and why do I have a mustache?
    Leon walks towards the group, literally glowing with glee. He illuminates the entire street as he walks down it

"it would appear that i'm you're opposite, my key weapon is light, and a key"
    Last edited by Somensjev; 2014-08-16 at 10:32 AM.
    elemental avatar by kaariane

extended signature

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by chaotic stupid View Post
    Leon walks towards the group, literally glowing with glee. He illuminates the entire street as he walks down it

"it would appear that i'm you're opposite, my key weapon is light, and a key"
    Keys open doors, do they not? And doors hold surprises, do they not?
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Keys open doors, do they not? And doors hold surprises, do they not?
    i guess we compliment each other rather well Leon beamed Immer a smile
    elemental avatar by kaariane

extended signature

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

The Knight listens to Immer and Leon for a bit, then mutters: "Verily, I am in Hell."

24. - Top - End - #174

Left to herself to think, Cly did just that.

"Hmmm... well, if we're all different like this, how does..." she pondered aloud, before drifting toward the city walls to see what state the outside land was in.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground

An army of squirrels has been busily running around, gathering ingredients.

A sign pops up.

FELINA'S CONFECTIONARY
    HOT AND COLD WEEK
    CHOCOLATE ,TEA, AND CIDER

26. - Top - End - #176

Having been freely riding her own breeze for a god amount of time, the blizzard elemental Cly stops for a moment to read the sign. She seems a bit confused by it.

"...Wait, really?" she says aloud. "I don't think half of us are even solid, this seems like a weird time to have a dessert place open."
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

Felina, now made of swirling shadows, steps out. I'm sure I can make something work. Perhaps you'd be interested in some ice cream, or a frozen drink, ma'am?

28. - Top - End - #178

Cly turned to face the shadowy being. "...Well, if you can manage to make something that someone made of air can consume, sure?"

She glances at her icy wings, which are in place of any sort of arms. That'd probably make things more difficult, if it's possible to eat as a windy being in the first place.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well, if you'l just step, uh, drift inside, I'll see what I can do." Felina steps behind the counter, selects some cream and various fruit flavored liqueurs, and whips it into a nice, airy, frozen confection. "Here, give this a lick."
    Last edited by WarKitty; 2014-09-03 at 09:44 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180

Cly indeed drifts inside, and leans down to give the dessert a lick.
    Spoiler
    Show