New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Raeus-Passed Down to the Sons IC

Haldavar continues to sleep often during the next few days. He's resting and building up his strength for the challenges that will no doubt face him in the coming weeks. When he's awake, he's usually seen with a small spellbook of his. This book is course, covered with a dark leather cover and binding, so different from the rest of his clothing. Perhaps the book is new? When the ship docks into the cove, the red wizard will slowly make his way into the grass, frowning at the hot sun from under his hood.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

Orestes passes the days chatting with Sven and the other crew members, pestering Navis and singing songs. Periodically he takes out his small shortbow and practices shooting, often aiming at spots well beyond the usual range of a shortbow.

As they arrive, he looks around. "This is new country to me," he says. "Have any of you been here before?"

He steps onto the wet grasslands, smells the ground, and feels the damp soil between his fingers. "So, east is that way," he says, pointing off to his right. "Shall we head straight to Ao'Zet? Or do we want to come up with a story for ourselves first?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    EDIT: Forgot my +2 synergy bonus from knowledge (nature). So that's actually a 14.

Survival check to know north: (1d20)[12]
    Last edited by Piggy Knowles; 2014-07-15 at 09:42 AM.
    Optimization Showcase in the Playground

Former projects:
    Shadowcaster Handbook
    Archer Build Compendium

Iron Chef Awards!
    Spoiler
    Show

GOLD
    IC LXXVI: Talos
    IC LXXV: Alphonse Louise Constant
    IC XLIX: Babalon, Queen of Bones
    IC XLV: Dead Mists
    IC XL: Lycus Blackbeak
    IC XXXIX: AM-1468
    IC XXXV: Parsifal the Fool
    IC XXX: Jal Filius

3. - Top - End - #123
    Barbarian in the Playground

ClericGuy

Over the few days of sailing, Xelra chatted with everyone in their little group, at the very least learning their names. Eventually giving a demonstration of what she could do by walking straight up the main mast and waiving from the main sail, standing horizontally before coming back down.

On that third night, Xelra woke up with a start. Mopping her brow and looking around the hold, where she had laid out her bedroom on a couple of crates, she forced herself to calm down. Sighing and resting her forehead on bent knees, she forced herself to calm down before going to her journal. Knowing she wouldn't be able to get any rest with the image of nonexistent creature moving towards her.

She stepped off the ship with the rest of the group, watching the ship cloak itself in the cove they docked in. Even without her ability to detect magic, she had another way to find it. At Orestes' question, she gave matter-of-fact answer. "Traveling magic entertainment troupe. Using our powers to amaze, mystify and cause wonder in young minds. We may get pestered every so often to show some bit of prestidigitation, but I think we'll largely be given no mind."

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Nuro spends his free time moving himself up and down in the air, a look of slight strain on his face. After two days, he begins to join the others when they eat, and is open about his past, if asked. If asked why he is floating up and down, his only answer is exercising.

When they arrive, he shakes his head to Orestes' question.
    No, I have never had the pleasure of coming to this country. I think a passable story would be that we seek to join our target. Mages are usually a welcome addition to an army. And Sven is our loyal bodyguard. Aren't you Sven?
    Oh, yes, that. Nuro has treated Sven in a manner consistent with a puppy. And is pretty clear that he is doing it to mock the large man.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tyeal View Post
    She stepped off the ship with the rest of the group, watching the ship cloak itself in the cove they docked in. Even without her ability to detect magic, she had another way to find it. At Orestes' question, she gave matter-of-fact answer. "Traveling magic entertainment troupe. Using our powers to amaze, mystify and cause wonder in young minds. We may get pestered every so often to show some bit of prestidigitation, but I think we'll largely be given no mind."
    Orestes laughs with glee. "Yes, it is only too perfect!" he exclaims. "We've got a strong man, a levitating kobold, the man of a thousand faces... Haldavar can be our oracle, always foretelling doom and destruction. And I - I can be the dashing sharpshooter." He closes one eye and mimes a trick shot with his bow.

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    When they arrive, he shakes his head to Orestes' question.
    No, I have never had the pleasure of coming to this country. I think a passable story would be that we seek to join our target. Mages are usually a welcome addition to an army. And Sven is our loyal bodyguard. Aren't you Sven?
    Oh, yes, that. Nuro has treated Sven in a manner consistent with a puppy. And is pretty clear that he is doing it to mock the large man.
    His face falls. "Oh," he says. "I suppose that makes sense. It lacks a certain flash, though, don't you think?"

Former projects:
    Shadowcaster Handbook
    Archer Build Compendium

Iron Chef Awards!
    Spoiler
    Show

GOLD

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Nuro nods.
    Her plan has a certain appeal to it.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    I would have gone with that, but I got ninjaed

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Kheldar scrunches up his face with disapproval. I'm not going to be a circus performer by morphing into silly animals for children. But what I will do is... basic math. Trust me, it'll wow the audience. Kheldar pops his neck and with a few more cracks, changes his form into that of a dog. With the constant wag of his new tail, Kheldar looked the part.

Show
    Using one of many shapeshifting powers... I literally turn into a dog. No disguise check needed, I am a dog. Woof.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Survival check info
    Show
    You can tell that the direction opposite of the sea is north
    Lu'ciel, First Age Sorcerer-King of the Unconquered Sun avatar by linkele. many thanks to the person

Extended List of Games I'm in or GM'ing

My homebrew setting: Raeus

9. - Top - End - #129
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Torrain spent the majority of her time on board engaging the other enlisted members of their assassin party. Or relaxing on deck with the salty air and light spray.

Upon arriving Torrain was one of the last off the ship and onto shore. She chimed in regarding a plan of approach, "A traveling performance group would definitely get us where we want to go, as for acting as interested mercenaries may be a little suspicious, after all we are a large group." Torrain cracked her neck as she spoke, looking to see the general response.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Aestrus finally woke up from her slumber, as she had the last few days, a bit late. Maybe an hour or two later that everyone else. She had quite a bit of trouble sleeping on ships. Always had. Other people say the rocking motion puts them to sleep. "Don't see how they do it." she mutters as she appears above deck, just as they're discussing the plan of being a travelling performance group.
    "Hm, that may work. People like flashy things, and we've got a lot of that here. Also, how'd a dog get here?"
    Extended Signature

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show

Trasil, Magus 15//Fighter 12/Ab. Champ 3//Spellsword 10/Factotum 4/LA (Kreshen) 1, Game: Aegis Tristalt
    Potentia Abilities: Sword (Sahael), Clock (Renia)
    Current Buffs Spreadsheet
    Other Abilities: Manifest Body, Teleport abilities

Soulsteel, Aegis 10//Soulknife 10//Mythic (Mutant) 10//Vigilante (Exposed Vigilante) 10, Game: London Extranatural Guild

Tara, Spellthief 2, a noncaster in disguise! Game: Academy Living

11. - Top - End - #131
    Firbolg in the Playground

Sven

As the crew disembarks, Sven crouches to the ground and feels the soil of the land. While he had never been to Suus, he knew how to get along just about anywhere. He feels the dirt, using his fingers to determine everything years in the wild had taught him about the land.

Survival - (1d20+6)[25]

Quote Originally Posted by Tyeal View Post
    "Traveling magic entertainment troupe. Using our powers to amaze, mystify and cause wonder in young minds. We may get pestered every so often to show some bit of prestidigitation, but I think we'll largely be given no mind."
    "You mean we get to be in the CIRCUS?!" Sven practically bellows. "My Viena loves a good circus," Sven prattles excitedly, mentioning a name that not even Orestes had heard before. The gigantic man rattles on about circuses to himself for a few moments longer before he begins loudly humming a joyous tune. "Nuro, quit your exercises! We get to be in a circus!"

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    "I sure am!" Sven gleefully replies, blissfully unaware of the smaller creature's sarcasm. "But maybe I could be a bodyguard for the circus too, right? Because I think the circus is a really good idea."

Quote Originally Posted by Piggy Knowles View Post
    Orestes laughs with glee. "Yes, it is only too perfect!" he exclaims. "We've got a strong man, a levitating kobold, the man of a thousand faces... Haldavar can be our oracle, always foretelling doom and destruction. And I - I can be the dashing sharpshooter." He closes one eye and mimes a trick shot with his bow.
    "Yeah, that's right, Rest," Sven nods thoughtfully. "I guess it's better for a circus to have a strongman than a bodyguard. Good idea!"

Quote Originally Posted by darklink_shadow View Post
    Kheldar scrunches up his face with disapproval. I'm not going to be a circus performer by morphing into silly animals for children. But what I will do is... basic math. Trust me, it'll wow the audience. Kheldar pops his neck and with a few more cracks, changes his form into that of a dog. With the constant wag of his new tail, Kheldar looked the part.
    Kheldar's shapeshifting is the only thing that can take Sven's attention off of the possibility of being in the circus. At the display, the mighty warrior falls completely silent. Once the transformation is complete, the Crystallan strongman crouches down to be at eye level with the dog and quietly asks: "You just...you can...how..." He can't seem to find the words to ask, but then realizes he'd be asking them to a dog. "How'd he do that, Rest?" Sven calls over his shoulder to Orestes. This transformation has captured Sven's attention for longer than anything else has over the past four days.
    Last edited by OMG PONIES; 2014-07-15 at 09:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    Ponies, the Kim Karsdashian of GITP.
    This is what happens when they let me DM:
    Beyond the Horizon IC / OOC
    A Time to Die: Alpha IC / Bravo IC / OOC

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Haldavar strays quite a few feet away from everyone during their discussion. It's unclear whether or not he heard the choice to assume the guise of a travelling performance group, but nor does he look like approaching the red wizard would be a particularly good idea. He looks to be gazing over the horizon and thinking slowly. The old man had... quite a lot to think about, and much to plan. He'll move to sit down upon a rock and ponder a few things. The distance and direction of the warlord's camp, for one. How many charges of disguise self he had built into one of those wands of his, and how long he imagined he could last should it come to combat with the man. Not very long, most likely. However it wouldn't take more than a few seconds alone with the mysterious enemy, would it? Hopefully not. He'll begin to slowly feed his toad familiar a bit, and start talking to it in their unique language. The toad is currently resting on his leg and ribbiting loudly, so any who watch will simply see his back to them, but hear him making weird noises.

He'll follow the party but keep his distance for now.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2014-07-16 at 08:28 AM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Kheldar barks happy, and jumps up on Sven. With a wagging tail, the large dog pushes on the big man, playfully trying to knock him down.

Show
    I wonder, what are the mechanics of a dog trying to push a person down by jumping on them? Touch attack + trip attempt? Grapple check?

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

wink Re: Raeus-Passed Down to the Sons IC

Quote Originally Posted by OMG PONIES View Post
    Kheldar's shapeshifting is the only thing that can take Sven's attention off of the possibility of being in the circus. At the display, the mighty warrior falls completely silent. Once the transformation is complete, the Crystallan strongman crouches down to be at eye level with the dog and quietly asks: "You just...you can...how..." He can't seem to find the words to ask, but then realizes he'd be asking them to a dog. "How'd he do that, Rest?" Sven calls over his shoulder to Orestes. This transformation has captured Sven's attention for longer than anything else has over the past four days.
    Orestes smiles at the large man playing with the dog. "I don't know, Sven," he says. "You'll have to ask him."

He begins walking east, singing as he goes.

I've known many a hound
    that filled me with mirth
    In the days that are gone
    and will never return,
    But the smartest and the bravest
    the world ever saw
    Was our faithful companion
    brave Master Kheldar.
    Last edited by Piggy Knowles; 2014-07-16 at 08:16 AM.

Former projects:
    Shadowcaster Handbook
    Archer Build Compendium

Iron Chef Awards!
    Spoiler
    Show

GOLD

15. - Top - End - #135

ClericGuy

Xelra follows behind Orestes, letting him finish his tune before making audible notes for the rest of the party.
    "So Orestes is our Singing Sharpshooter, Nuro can be the Weightless Kobold, Sven can be the strong man/bodyguard, Khelgar can just be a smart dog, Torrain, Aestrus and myself can be the actual magic act."
    She noticed the red wizard seemed to just keep his distance and wasn't terribly interested in participating in their idea. Paying him no mind, she idly played with her gauntlet, tracing the runes she had etched into it as they head to their destination.
    Last edited by Tyeal; 2014-07-16 at 11:45 AM.

16. - Top - End - #136

WolfInSheepsClothing

Torrain has fallen in tow with the others, keeping pace and using her glaive as a walking stick. "Magic act, I do have a few spells prepared today that could pass as circus performance, sounds like fun! Should we decide upon a routine, rather than act on the fly?"

Torrain considers for a moment penning in her spellbook, but nothing inspirational comes to mind. Instead she hurries to Orestes' side, "Umm... Orestes you sing well and they're always catchy, your tunes. I was wondering, do you write your songs? I've been trying to write soliloquies, and with no formal training I have no idea if they're any good. I mean to say, expressing my own cognitive contemplation isn't as natural or easy as it seems."
    Last edited by hoplathemightly; 2014-07-16 at 10:12 AM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

If anyone needs help with stage-style magic, I know many spells that apply.
    Mentally, he goes over the huge list of entertaining spells he knows.

Show
    Servant Horde, for one. 2d6+6 (max 15) Unseen Servants, lasting 6 hours. That can be an entire circus.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

As the party continues to trek through the wet grasslands towards Ao'Zet, they see a pack of dogs in the distance, huddled around something the party cannot see. Of to the side of the pack is the corpose of what seems like a horse, although at this distance it is hard to tell. As the party moves closer, the pack of six dogs turns around and you can more distninctly see their features. Their noses seem to be inside their faces rather than extrude from them, their tails resemble sprials rather than a normal dog's tail, but the most outstanding feature is that their teeth and face are stained by gore.

Spoiler: Combat Joined!
    Show
    roll for init and post your actions, after that I will make a post summarizing that round of combat so don't worry about posting in order

Spoiler: Know(Nature) DC 15
    Show
    they are dire pugs

NB: I'm currently on my phone, if I put the spoilers in wrong please ignore them home now
    Last edited by ChaosArchon; 2014-07-16 at 12:00 PM.
    Lu'ciel, First Age Sorcerer-King of the Unconquered Sun avatar by linkele. many thanks to the person

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

Distracted by a new song, Orestes does not immediately notice the pack of wild dogs. When he does, he immediately drops the song and pulls out his bow, notching an arrow to the string and swiftly moving to the side.

"Wild dogs," he says. "A whole pack of them. They're coming this way. I've seen this kind before. They are like the common pug, but grown large and feral - almost primal. My apologies, Torrain - we will have to discuss composing another time."

Then his voice once again rises in song. It is a variation on the tune he was just singing earlier, but the tempo is faster, and the words more stirring. The song causes your hearts to beat quicker, your vision to sharpen. Suddenly the blood-stained muzzles of these dire pugs seem less intimidating.

Show

Init: (1d20+5)[8]
    Know (nature): (1d20+15)[24]

Using Knowledge Devotion to boost attack and damage as well. That comes out to a +2 bonus for me.

Move action: Move aside, keeping firing lines clear, and draw bow.
    Standard action: Begin singing inspire courage.
    Swift action: Activate inspirational boost via chambered wand.

+3 morale bonus to attack, damage and saves versus fear/charm to all allies who hear my song.
    Last edited by Piggy Knowles; 2014-07-16 at 10:53 AM.

Former projects:
    Shadowcaster Handbook
    Archer Build Compendium

Iron Chef Awards!
    Spoiler
    Show

GOLD

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Nuro quickly raises himself off the ground, then prepares to fire a telekinetic blast at the dogs.

Show
    Initiative: (1d20+1)[16]
    Knowledge (Nature): (1d20+14)[20]

Move Action: Lift self 10ft up with Mage's Will
    Standard Action: Readied (possibly already triggered, depending on range) to use Mage's Arm to attack the first pug to aggressively come within 160ft (charge, or moving at combat speeds as opposed to simply walking up). Will chose to manifest it as a large draconic claw
    Swift: None

Readied action attack set
    Touch Attack: (1d20+6)[11]
    Crit Confrim: (1d20+6)[25]
    Damage: (2d6)[8]
    Crit Damage: (2d6)[4]
    Last edited by Vhaidara; 2014-07-16 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention it was a touch attack

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

21. - Top - End - #141

ClericGuy

Xelra perks up when she ears the sound of something being loudly, messily, eaten. She peered through the treeline and saw several small dogs feasting on a horse's corpse. Her eyes started to glow with purple energy, summoning the energy to manifest in her gauntlet.

Spoiler: Rolls!
    Show

Initiative: (1d20+7)[14]
    Kn: Nature: (1d20)[17]

Move Action: Move to keep LoF clear. Drawing wand as she moves.
    Ready a Standard Eldritch Blast when enemy is within 60 ft.
    Ranged touch attack: (1d20+6)[19]
    Damage: (3d6)[9]
    Unnatural Exsistence: Enemies suffer -2 penalty to everything involving me. (Attacks, skill checks, damage etc.)

Last edited by Tyeal; 2014-07-16 at 12:04 PM.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Kheldar growls, hackles raised, at the new dogs on the scene. With the desire to protect his pack, err, his allies, his moves between the potentially vicious creatures and the potentially squishy mages.

Show

(1d20+6)[12]
    HP: 72
    Stamina: 5
    Actions:
    Move: Move between party and pugs. ~40ft from the pugs.
    Standard: Ready to bite first pug to get within 5ft.
    Free: Growl, Smell the air

(d20+2)[14] Int Check on Dogs.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Aestrus, seeing the dogs approaching, quickly tried to think of the best spell for the situation... They're all in a group, so a Fireball would be good, and get all of them. However, If, say, Sven goes up and gets in there, I may hit him. Well, I'll see what happens.

Show

Init: (1d20+2)[4]
    If, by my turn, no-one's in melee with the pugs, I'll fireball, dealing (6d6)[29] to them all, +7 to the closest, with a DC 16 Reflex for half.

Otherwise, a Scorching Ray at the closest one.
    (1d20+6)[15] vs touch to hit.
    (4d6+7)[15] damage.

I may be overdoing this xD
    Extended Signature

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show

Trasil, Magus 15//Fighter 12/Ab. Champ 3//Spellsword 10/Factotum 4/LA (Kreshen) 1, Game: Aegis Tristalt
    Potentia Abilities: Sword (Sahael), Clock (Renia)
    Current Buffs Spreadsheet
    Other Abilities: Manifest Body, Teleport abilities

Soulsteel, Aegis 10//Soulknife 10//Mythic (Mutant) 10//Vigilante (Exposed Vigilante) 10, Game: London Extranatural Guild

Tara, Spellthief 2, a noncaster in disguise! Game: Academy Living

24. - Top - End - #144

WolfInSheepsClothing

Torrain edges to back of the defensive line putting as much space as possible between herself and the ravenous dogs. Knowing her offensive capabilities were limited she opted to allow the first assault to weaken the dogs before picking off any wounded.

Show

Initiative (1d20)[6]
    Move action: retreat 30'
    Standard action: Ready Magic Missile, fire the bolts at up to three dogs who are wounded before Torrain's turn.
    MM Damage: (3d4)[2][1][4](7) plus 1 per bolt.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Haldavar had been a bit closer to the wild dogs, and upon seeing the pack, formed a great big plan in his head. As the dastardly thought began to circulate through his mind, the wizard rushed forward, marching into combat quickly. The man moves surprisingly fast due to his decent dexterity, and as the wizard moves against the wind, his large red cloak billows behind him, obscuring his next few actions from the others. He pulls a wand from his belt, gripping the thing expertly with a gloved hand. He looks quite intimidating really to the others. He's tall, and mighty, and his staff and wand make a perfect show of wizardly might. He brings the wand down expertly, twirling it in his hands like a baton before thrusting forward with his steel and wood wand. A uniquely built thing, for sure. Perhaps the older wizard crafted it himself from materials? Hmm. He rushes forward to the dog and waves his staff and wand high, before bringing the staff down and cackling loudly, aiming to scare the dogs away from him and preserve his magic.

Spoiler: Actions:
    Show

As the wizard moves forward, he's cackling loudly. His mad cackling will function as an intimidation tactic, so I'll roll for that , unless the DM rules the dogs aren't afraid of things like him for whatever reason.

Intimidate: (1d20)[20]

Alright... So ten damage to the dog closest, and he just rolled a natural twenty with his intimidate check. So... I think Haldavar just scared the living **** out of literally everything around him with his cackling.

Edit: Forgot stuff. Initiative: [roll]1d20+2[/roll]

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2014-07-16 at 06:13 PM.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

Won't go through the edit. Gah.

Initiative: (1d20+2)[3]
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2014-07-16 at 06:15 PM.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Firbolg in the Playground

Sven

Quote Originally Posted by Mousedigits View Post
    Aestrus, seeing the dogs approaching, quickly tried to think of the best spell for the situation... They're all in a group, so a Fireball would be good, and get all of them. However, If, say, Sven goes up and gets in there, I may hit him. Well, I'll see what happens.
    Almost as if Sven has a precognitive ability to read Aestrus' thoughts and do the exact thing he'd not prefer, Sven charges towards the pack of dogs. "Puppies!" the warrior calls out with glee, his voice fading as he darts away from the group towards imminent danger. Of course in this case, the danger had fur and little curly cue tails, so it seemed more like fun and cuddles to Sven. Then again, most things seemed like fun and cuddles to him. "Puppy hugs!" the party hears him shout as he pounces upon the closest animal.

Full-round action: charge the nearest puppy using Pounce!
    • First pounce attack: 27 vs touch AC to trip. If that hits, the pug must make a DC 14 Fort save if it is evil or take 5 DEX damage (and 1d6 more in a minute).
    • Opposed trip attempt: The pug must make an opposed trip attempt of more than 10 or fall prone.
    • Extra attack if trip is successful: 16 vs (AC-4). If that hits, the pug takes 15 damage and must make another DC 14 Fort save if it is evil or take 5 more DEX damage (and 1d6 more in a minute)
    • Free grapple attempt if either original or extra attack are successful: The pug must make an opposed grapple check of more than 32 or take 21 additional damage and become grappled.
    • Free action to let go of grapple
    • Second pounce attack: 10 vs touch AC (possibly lowered by DEX damage above, -4 further if prone). If that hits, the pug must make a DC 14 Fort save if it is evil or take 3 DEX damage (and 1d6 more in a minute).
    • Opposed trip attempt: The pug must make an opposed trip attempt of more than 27 or fall prone.
    • Extra attack if trip is successful: 12 vs (AC-4, possibly lowered further by DEX damage above). If that hits, the pug takes 19 damage and must make another DC 14 Fort save if it is evil or take 1 DEX damage (and 1d6 more in a minute).
    • Free grapple attempt if either original or extra attack are successful: The pug must make an opposed grapple check of more than 19 or take 15 additional damage.

TL;DR? Max damage potential: the pug closest to Sven takes up to 70 damage and must make up to 4 DC14 Fort Saves if it is evil vs a possible total of 14 DEX damage (and 4d6 more in a minute). The pug is possibly both prone and grappled.

Spoiler: Keep rollin', rollin', rollin', rollin', what?!
    Show
    OOC: Attacks include -6 penalty from full Power Attack as well as +3 bonus from Inspire Courage. Damage includes +6 bonus from Power Attack and +3 bonus from Inspire Courage

Initiative - (1d20+1)[5]
    Trip attempt 1 - (1d20+9)[27] vs touch AC
    Touch of Golden Ice DEX damage - (1d6)[5]
    STR Check 1 - (1d20+7)[10] to trip
    Improved Trip extra attack 1 - (1d20+9)[16]
    Improved Trip extra attack crit confirm 1 - (1d20+9)[27]
    Unarmed damage 1 - (1d8+13)[15]
    Touch of Golden Ice DEX damage - (1d6)[5]
    Opposed Grapple Check 1 - (1d20+13)[32]
    Successful Grapple Unarmed Damage 1 - (1d8+13)[21]
    Trip attempt 2 - (1d20+4)[10] vs touch AC
    Touch of Golden Ice DEX damage - (1d6)[3]
    STR Check 2 - (1d20+7)[27] to trip
    Improved Trip extra attack 2 - (1d20+4)[12]
    Improved Trip extra attack crit confirm 2 - (1d20+4)[20]
    Touch of Golden Ice DEX damage - (1d6)[1]
    Unarmed damage 2 - (1d8+13)[19]
    Opposed Grapple Check 2 - (1d20+13)[19]
    Successful Grapple Unarmed Damage 2 - (1d8+13)[15]

If I somehow kill Pug 1 with Trip/Attack/Grapple #1, routine #2 will occur against another pug within reach. Also, if these pugs are evil they must make DC14 Fort saves every time Sven touches them or suffer the effects of Golden Ice (1d6 DEX damage as above, with a secondary effect of 1d6 additional DEX damage after 1 minute).
    Last edited by OMG PONIES; 2014-07-17 at 06:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    Ponies, the Kim Karsdashian of GITP.
    This is what happens when they let me DM:
    Beyond the Horizon IC / OOC
    A Time to Die: Alpha IC / Bravo IC / OOC

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Initiative Order
    Show
    19 Pug #1
    18 Pug #2
    16 Nuro
    14 Xelra
    12 Kheldar
    11 Pug #3
    10 Pug #4
    8 Orestes
    7 Pug #5
    6 Torrain
    5 Sven
    4 Pug #6 & Aestrus
    3 Haldavar

As the storm continues to rage on, the first pug rushes towards the party, darting from what was 60 feet away to now only ten feet away from the party, growling at the entire party as it does so.

Following suit, the second pug rushes right behind it's packmate, arriving only ten feet away from the party, howling like a banshee as it prepares to ravage it's prey.

Nuro rises from the ground, only ten feet above, but still able to lord over the pugs and protect himself from retaliation. As he stops in the air, a spectral dragon claw swipes at the first pug, however the pug deftly dodges the attack.

Xelra glares at the first pug, her eyes glowing an otherworldly purple as her hand begins the crackle with otherworldly energy. In an instant a maddening beam rakes across the air, landing on the pug and causing it to cry out in pain. However the pug still stands and glares at the warlock.

Kheldar barks at the approaching pugs, and moves to intercept any who attempt to attack the frail wizards.

The third pug and fourth pug rush to join their companions ten feet away from the party, but cannot reach any enemy to sink it's teeth into before the party reacts to its presence.

Orestes begins unleash his melodic voice, strengthening his party and filling their spirits with resolve to fight harder through the fire and flames of combat! He sings the tale of the first King of Crystallos, who fought against the fearsome ice dragon Nezarul, and slew it in order to clear a safe area for the scattered peoples of Crystallos to create a city to defend against the frozen hordes of beast native to Crystallos.

The fifth pug rushes to join the pack nearing the party, however it too howls in frustration as it's prey reacts before it is able to bite and consume their soft flesh.

Torrain moves backwards in order to put more space between herself and the godless dogs who have the audacity to attempt to attack her! As she moves back, she fires three bolts of arcane destruction at the first three pugs who arrived near the party.

Sven appears to be overjoyed at the pugs and launches himself at the first one, attempting to make it fall under the sheer mass of his body however the pug breaks free of the large mortal's mass. Sven is determined to hug the puppy though and grabs it, squeezing it so tightly that it instantly dies, however upon attempting to trip the second pug, he misses entirely, the pug side-stepping the killer of its friend

The sixth pug is able reach Sven and attempts to attack him but misses him entirely. At the same time, Aestrus silently curses at Sven for getting in his line of fire and blasts the first pug with a intense beam of heat. The beast still is standing, however it looks as if a light wind would fell the pug.

Haldavar is the last to make a move and rushes towards the second pug, madly cackling at it, terrifying in and causing it to spend it's next action running away from the seemingly-insane man in red.
    Last edited by ChaosArchon; 2014-07-17 at 03:11 PM.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

The song still echoing from Orestes' throat, he takes aim and fires two careful shots at the nearest pugs. The arrows whistle through the air toward the growling, slavering bundles of cuteness and joy. Then he takes a careful step back, another arrow already waiting to be fired.

Show

I'd like to fire two arrows at the closest pug; however, if the first arrow is somehow enough to knock it unconscious, I'll instead aim the second arrow at the second-closest pug.

Swift action: None.
    Full attack action: Rapid Shot versus pug #1. Since you said it got within 10' of the party, I'm assuming it's within 30' of me?
    Non-action: Five foot step backwards, bow still aimed and ready.

RAPID SHOT ATTACK 1: (1d20+15)[28]
    -Crit Confirmation (if necessary): (1d20+15)[35]
    DAMAGE: (1d6+11)[15]
    -Crit Damage (if necessary): (2d6+22)[25]

RAPID SHOT ATTACK 2: (1d20+15)[31]
    -Crit Confirmation (if necessary): (1d20+15)[29]
    DAMAGE: (1d6+11)[13]
    -Crit Damage (if necessary): (2d6+22)[27]

(Includes +3 from my bardsong and +2 from Knowledge Devotion.)

EDIT: So, 15 damage from the first arrow and 13 damage from the second.
    Last edited by Piggy Knowles; 2014-07-17 at 07:04 AM.

Former projects:
    Shadowcaster Handbook
    Archer Build Compendium

Iron Chef Awards!
    Spoiler
    Show

GOLD

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

Nuro scowls, launching another claw of force.
    Bad dogs!

Show
    Touch Attack: (1d20+9)[21]
    Crit Confirm Touch Attack: (1d20+9)[18]
    Damage: (2d6+3)[7]
    Crit Damage: (2d6+3)[11]

Shadeblight by KennyPyro