New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: Mythos Homebrew Discussion II: Where Simplicity Goes to Die

Quote Originally Posted by Lanth Sor View Post
    Two points. Can you say sleepy hallow and what happens to the mind that part is a little unclear. Like are you able to play its disembodied spirit forever bound to this death monster or does it magic jar you into spectator mode or are you basically a ghost and have minor influence over the body?

If sleepy hallow is the influence might I sugest a object or other effect that grants the spirit aand body to be seen as one like the horsemans carriage house.
    Never heard of it, I'll check it out. Similar to the bellators Summoning the Loyal Steel, your mind is shoved into 'elsewhere' can't really be effected, and can only influence the body to an extent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xefas
    I wonder how big something has to be before it gets its own weather.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kymme
    You can do whatever the heck you want and I'll follow like a starving sycophant so long as I can read it.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

So I've been rolling around in my head the idea of using Vow of Feats for my Agios Shintai. Specifically Vow of Peace and Vow of Nonviolence ramped up to end up making a zone of NOPE. Thinking something along the lines of increasing the calm emotions aura to cha mod x 10ft(min 20ft), additionally all damage in the aura is nonlethal. Anyone in the aura gains + agios level to save vs any action prohibited by VON/VOPeace. The Agios would be the only person in the aura that could choose to deal lethal damage. If they did deal lethal damage, they would loose their status as a being of PEACE and will save every day to not be a being of destruction that seeks to end all life as DEATH IS PEACE, Atonement is possible but only by an act of great sacrifice on the agios's part.

Have to go to work will add actual mythos later.

Spoiler: Exceptional Mythos
    Show

Ideological Resolve Invocations
    Prerequisite: -

As a move action you may manifest one of the following invocations. The invocation last 5 rounds. You may only benefit from one Invocation at a time.

Basic
    Invocation of Mercy: While this invocation is active all damage done is nonletal, and your weapon deals 1d6/3 levels bonus nonlethal damage.

Ideology Imposing Judgment
    Prerequisite: Ideological Resolve Invocations

As a standard action at a close(25+5/2 levels) range you may call judgement on a target dealing 1d4/2 levels alignment damage, ending your active invocation, and granting a benefit based on the invocation ended. You must have an invocation active to use this ability.

Invocation of Mercy: Judgement deals 1d6/level non lethal damage to the target instead of normal judgement damage.

Path of Peace Unveiled

Gain the Sacred Vow, Vow of Nonviolence, and Vow of Peace feats. The Agios ignores the alignment restrictions of these feats, however must still follow the other strictures of the vows.

Spoiler: Legendary Mythos
    Show

Life Spark Preservator Shintai
    Prerequisite: Path of Peace Unveiled, Invocation of Mercy

The aura of vow of nonviolence extends out to the agios cha mod x 120ft. The aura of Vow of Peace extends cha mod x 20ft. Additionally no lethal damage may occur in the range of Vow of peace's aura, any lethal damage is instantly converted into nonlethal. In Vow of Nonviolence's aura any time lethal damage would be taken it is instead converted into nonlethal damage, up to the agios's level + cha mod damage may be converted from each instance of damage. The agios is exempt from their own Aura's effect, however they are still bound by the vows. Breaking the vows no longer causes you to lose the feats instead their power is inverted. You enter a mindless rage losing control. The agios tries to bring peace to the world by killing every thing as, "death is peace." Each day the agios may make a will save to suspend the rage for a day, DC 10 + class level. While in control the agios may try to atone for their transgressions, preforming an act befitting an agios often is enough to restore them from their stupor, it is to the DM to discern if the act was "noble" enough.
    Last edited by Lanth Sor; 2015-04-10 at 10:45 PM.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by spwack View Post

LEGENDARY- The Calm Before the Eternal Storm Shintai

Thoughts?
    in a word? Glorious.

however I do not understand quite what is being said in the last bit of the mythos about using the miracle or wish with the whole 'the caster knows exactly what is going to happen' bit.

while I'm here I'l also ask if anyone minds giving the Kreikiri's excellencys, and legendary and exalted mythos a PEACH (that's the acronym for asking for a review isn't it?). I'm wanting to be able to have it finished so I can do the epic level prestige class.

finally, I also got some sudden inspiration for another myhtos class, currently without details on a titan or story to go with it, so I'm post what I quickly tossed together to see if anyone is interested in the idea.

basically you could joke that it is a 'mythic banker' of sorts, basically 'mythic rich guy'. I'm thinking of someone who can manipulate economics and such and mythos based around usieng GP.

what I currently have is below:
    Exceptional mythos

The toss of a coin
    Prerequisites: -
    Spoiler
    Show
    You may make a ranged touch attack to throw a handful of money as a standard action. You choose any single dice to roll (a D100 is treated as one dice in this case), the creature takes an amount of damage equal to the result of the dice roll and you lose an equal amount of GP.
    If you cannot pay the full amount equal to the dice roll, you instead take the dame amount of damage that cannot be healed in any way until you pay an amount of GP equal to the amount you could not pay by +50%.

Currency manipulating money-vault genesis
    Spoiler
    Show
    The pockets, bags, sacks, and other assorted containers you carry all link to an endless, realm (referred to as your vault) known only by you. Any valuables you possess (valuables here defined as an item that is traditionally thought of as of significant worth such as jewellery, fine ornaments, bars of gold, or even just money itself) can be placed within the vault as a free action. Any item within the vault may be converted into 50% of its value in GP as a free action. You may access the items held within the vault as a free action, even should your hands be tied or you have no pockets available you may access this storage-realms. When you die all the contents of the vault are found on your corpse, no matter how little sense it would make.

You may open a portal to teleport to within your vault by spending a minute in concentration. By default your vault is a dark 15x15x15 room containing only a poor quality chandelier for light. In the centre of the room is a 3ft tall pillar of cracked marble, on whose smooth top is an empty sack of rough-spun wool that, when opened, emits a small cloud of dust and a live bat flies out (this bat disappears between visits). Should you possess any valuables within your vault they are found in this room held within appropriate devices for display (e.g jewlery could be in a box or just on a table, works of ark could be hung on the wall or in sufficient amount could form a separate area to function as a gallery).

Money within the vault fills the sack until it is overflowing, at which time the sack is replaced by a chest of some nature that, when full, is replaced by a pile of gold coins proportionate to the amount of coins within the vault. As the value of all items within the vault rises, the size and opulence of the vault does in proportion, generally

appearing as a dwelling of sort the Chrimatia would inhabit given the amount of money they have available.
    To leave your vault you must spend a full round action, which transports you to the same location form which you entered (or the closest space should it be occupied. When you leave your vault any items that are not valuables are destroyed.

Gaze of greed
    Spoiler
    Show
    You may spend a minute polishing a gold piece in order to copy the effect of a Scrying spell (the gold piece is used as the focus for the effect). For every 50GP you spend when using the effect, the target takes a -1 penalty yon the will save.

Excellences
    All that glitters

Spoiler
    Show
    You gain a +2 bonus on skill checks that would directly result in obtaining money. Additionally you gain the scent ability, but it only applies to valuables (thus you could smell the money in a creatures pocked or even track creatures by the trail of the scent of their money, but you could not smell the creature itself.

so ideas for fluff or mythos, or just an opinion on the concept would be appreciated.
    Last edited by ThreadNecro5; 2015-04-10 at 04:11 PM.
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

4. - Top - End - #664

MindFlayer

Come my goblins give me all your money, gems, and valuables.

5. - Top - End - #665
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Basically, if any caster (NPC or PC) attempts to reconnect the mind and body, they know full well what is going to happen. Sure, it makes it kill able, but it also results in a perfectly sane death god ie The Storm. Currently it grants a bonus move and standard action each round, maybe an extra move action per kill?
    You can do whatever the heck you want and I'll follow like a starving sycophant so long as I can read it.

6. - Top - End - #666
    Halfling in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hey, Spwacks Friend here, I have been sitting over Agios for a while, and I wanted to try my hand at write some mythos (is multiple mythos done the same way as the word sheep?) Anyway, I got something that might be auto-denied for going an extra step than what is normally used, but I want to see what you guys think. This is also my first time using the Forum, so we may end up with code everywhere when I try to make the "spoiler" boxes....

Spoiler: The "Forbidden Fruit" Mythos
    Show
    When I Stand Alone, I am Legion, and all Shall Fear Me. When We Stand Together, WE MIGHT AS WELL BE GODS, AND WE WILL MAKE THE EARTH TREMBLE BEFORE US:
    When I stand in front of an army before the horde, what I do is a must. My actions will mean little to the steel clad soldier baying for his enemies blood, but for that terrified young boy who can barely lift his shield, but wants to fight with all of his might to protect his mother and sister, hopefully what I do today will inspire confidence and bravery. And maybe, just maybe, he will be able to go home again.
    This Mythos is unique to Agios. You can not posses this if you have a level in any other class.
    This mythos unlocks another manifestation of certain Agios mythos called the “Defenders Manifestation”. These are manifestation that grant benefits to those who choose to stand next to you and defend something of value, such as a village, or a group of civilians. These are applied regardless of the creature or person in question. As long as they willing get up with the intend to defend something, the bonus will apply.

Spoiler: And What I think comes next
    Show
    Skipping Pebbles across A Pond:
    [Exceptional]
    When wielding a stone, you may throw it at a armored target within 10 ft as a move action. If your attack roll is more than Ľ of the targets AC, you “hit”. The hit itself does no damage, but target must make a will save of equal or greater than their AC or they must attack you. The stone may rebound between up to your Dex modifier targets within 5ft of the last victim.

Basic:
    Faster Than a Halfling:
    You may pick up stones and throw them as a swift action

Better Than a Halfling:
    You add your Strength Modifier to your dexterity when determining the amount of times your stone “skips”.

Stronger Than a Halfling:
    You increase the range of your stone throw and bounce by 5ft for your Strength modifier

Advanced:
    Damn I am fast:
    You may throw stones as a free action at any time, regardless of whether it is your turn or not.

Hey! I was talking to you:
    When someone succeeds a Will save, and moves away from you, you may make an attack of opportunity at them, which if its, stops the movement and forces them to make another Will save. Can only be used once per turn.

Popping rocks like a shotgun shot:
    You may throw up to Strength Modifier amount of stones at once, and can be at multiple targets.

Defenders Manifestation:
    A Swarm of Bees:
    Others that wish to attract the attention of an armoured target away from a helpless person or someone/thing that has sentimental value, they may instinctively make a throw with the effects of this mythos.

Spoiler: Anger Inducing Denial
    Show
    I am Your Knight in Shinning Armor
    Once per day, while mounted(?), you may issue a challenge to all those that wish to do your charges harm. If accepted, these charges can not run away or harm anything, and the challengers must defeat you before they can hurt the charges. If they do attempt to go for the charges first, nothing they do will have an effect and the take 1d4 in force damage. If you fall in combat with those who accept your challenge, they instantly gain the rights to all of your worldly possessions, including quest items, and as such, all of said items will appear in front of your vanquisher, and the chargers are considered to be under a Dominate Person spell. There are no additional benefits for you if you win.
    Regardless of whether or not those who are the target of the challenge are willing, they must make a Will save to not immediately accept the challenge. If a target of the challenge has a sense of loyalty or duty that goes further than fear for their own life, they must add +8 to the DC they must overcome. If they do not qualify, then they gain a +5 to their saving throw. However, all those who fail their saving throw will then attempt to convince those who succeeded not to go after the charges that the Agios is protecting until after the fight, using any items, potions or skills that would help them do so.

This one still needs a lot of work, but this is the core of what i got now

I am also currently polishing a shield mythos
    Get it? "Polishing?"
    Don't kill me plz
    Last edited by Thesamonman; 2015-04-11 at 09:19 AM.

7. - Top - End - #667

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Thesamonman View Post
    Hey, Spwacks Friend here, I have been sitting over Agios for a while, and I wanted to try my hand at write some mythos (is multiple mythos done the same way as the word sheep?) Anyway, I got something that might be auto-denied for going an extra step than what is normally used, but I want to see what you guys think. This is also my first time using the Forum, so we may end up with code everywhere when I try to make the "spoiler" boxes....

Spoiler: The "Forbidden Fruit" Mythos
    Show
    When I Stand Alone, I am Legion, and all Shall Fear Me. When We Stand Together, WE MIGHT AS WELL BE GODS, AND WE WILL MAKE THE EARTH TREMBLE BEFORE US:
    When I stand in front of an army before the horde, what I do is a must. My actions will mean little to the steel clad soldier baying for his enemies blood, but for that terrified young boy who can barely lift his shield, but wants to fight with all of his might to protect his mother and sister, hopefully what I do today will inspire confidence and bravery. And maybe, just maybe, he will be able to go home again.
    This Mythos is unique to Agios. You can not posses this if you have a level in any other class.
    This mythos unlocks another manifestation of certain Agios mythos called the “Defenders Manifestation”. These are manifestation that grant benefits to those who choose to stand next to you and defend something of value, such as a village, or a group of civilians. These are applied regardless of the creature or person in question. As long as they willing get up with the intend to defend something, the bonus will apply.

Spoiler: And What I think comes next
    Show
    Skipping Pebbles across A Pond:
    [Exceptional]
    When wielding a stone, you may throw it at a armored target within 10 ft as a move action. If your attack roll is more than Ľ of the targets AC, you “hit”. The hit itself does no damage, but target must make a will save of equal or greater than their AC or they must attack you. The stone may rebound between up to your Dex modifier targets within 5ft of the last victim.

Basic:
    Faster Than a Halfling:
    You may pick up stones and throw them as a swift action

Better Than a Halfling:
    You add your Strength Modifier to your dexterity when determining the amount of times your stone “skips”.

Stronger Than a Halfling:
    You increase the range of your stone throw and bounce by 5ft for your Strength modifier

Advanced:
    Damn I am fast:
    You may throw stones as a free action at any time, regardless of whether it is your turn or not.

Hey! I was talking to you:
    When someone succeeds a Will save, and moves away from you, you may make an attack of opportunity at them, which if its, stops the movement and forces them to make another Will save. Can only be used once per turn.

Popping rocks like a shotgun shot:
    You may throw up to Strength Modifier amount of stones at once, and can be at multiple targets.

Defenders Manifestation:
    A Swarm of Bees:
    Others that wish to attract the attention of an armoured target away from a helpless person or someone/thing that has sentimental value, they may instinctively make a throw with the effects of this mythos.

Spoiler: Anger Inducing Denial
    Show
    I am Your Knight in Shinning Armor
    Once per day, while mounted(?), you may issue a challenge to all those that wish to do your charges harm. If accepted, these charges can not run away or harm anything, and the challengers must defeat you before they can hurt the charges. If they do attempt to go for the charges first, nothing they do will have an effect and the take 1d4 in force damage. If you fall in combat with those who accept your challenge, they instantly gain the rights to all of your worldly possessions, including quest items, and as such, all of said items will appear in front of your vanquisher, and the chargers are considered to be under a Dominate Person spell. There are no additional benefits for you if you win.
    Regardless of whether or not those who are the target of the challenge are willing, they must make a Will save to not immediately accept the challenge. If a target of the challenge has a sense of loyalty or duty that goes further than fear for their own life, they must add +8 to the DC they must overcome. If they do not qualify, then they gain a +5 to their saving throw. However, all those who fail their saving throw will then attempt to convince those who succeeded not to go after the charges that the Agios is protecting until after the fight, using any items, potions or skills that would help them do so.

This one still needs a lot of work, but this is the core of what i got now

I am also currently polishing a shield mythos
    Get it? "Polishing?"
    Don't kill me plz
    Seriously that stuff is nice. I'd be happy to add it to the agios. I'll put superscript denoting your the original author.

I have a few things in the works just not enough sit down and write time. I'm trying to hash out a good leadership granting mythos. The fluff for it would be.

Spoiler: Shining Shield Legionnaires
    Show

Baltrok stood atop the great fortress Amon Kalthak. In the past hundred years or so disrepair had taken root, only a few hundred men manned the walls, it was a true shadow of its once might. Some time in the next week there would be a great army of orcs on the horizon. Looking to the squire Wynn "We shall hold before the orcs," Baltrok ensured. To which the meek boy responded, "But you are just one man and they are a legion, and are defenses are to weak to protect us from their raiders." Baltrok was looking to the horizon, over which he had come, "Who said I came alone?" With a mighty horn blast and roar "Who Ha" golden banners of Aegis Legion broke the line.
    Last edited by Lanth Sor; 2015-04-11 at 01:43 PM.

8. - Top - End - #668

NecromancerGuy

Just because I can see you are currently going down the same line of thought i am, i shall post what I have done on my shield mythos, but it is no where close to being finished. I will admit, i was inspired by the Agios shield mythos, but I just thought it did not go far enough...

What I have done so far needs to be worded a lot better, and simplified a bit, but it does cover the core of what I want it to be like.

Spoiler: The Shield of Strength
    Show
    I am The Shield of Strength, The Defender of the Weak, The Arms of the Righteous
    [Legendary/Fantastic]
    Shields no longer grant a bonus to AC. Instead, when a shield is wielded by you, it is considered to have its own hit points, AC and DR in terms of negating and intercepting damage that would otherwise hit you. Your shields hit points are completely separate to yours.
    Your shields hit points are determined by multiplying the score associated with the type and size, then by the wielders strength mod.

Type:
    Light Wooden – 5
    Light Steel – 10
    Heavy Wooden – 15
    Heavy Steel – 20
    Tower – 30

Size:
    Two sizes type different to your size – 5
    One size type different to your size – 10
    Same size type as you - 20

Until the relevant manifestation of this mythos is… manifested…. Your shield’s enchantments, damage reduction and the like do not apply to the shield or you.
    Once this mythos is chosen, the Agios gains another from of AoO, called Block (original, huh?) All forms of physical melee attacks aimed at you provoke Block when the Agios is fighting defensively. Since Block is a type of AoO, you can only use it up to your AoO limit per turn, unless another mythos dictates otherwise. You may choose to block any attack aimed at you from 180 degrees in front of you. In order to Block, you must make a reflex save of higher than half the attack roll. If you succeed, then the attack will hit the shield. If you fail, the attack continues as normal. This still applies to a natural 20 on the attack roll, but if it hits the shield, it does twice the normal damage. If the enemy is wielding a blunt/bludgeoning weapon when they roll a 20, they may choose to make a strength check against you to attempt to break your Block.
    In order to do so, they match their Break (1d20 x (Base Damage + Strength Modifier + Weapon Weight)) against your Block (1d20 x (Shield Weight + Strength Modifier.) If they succeed, you take their Base weapon damage, the shield takes 5x the base weapon damage and you can not block for the rest of the turn. If the total score is more than half of yours higher, you are stunned for a turn as well. If you win, you can make a free AoO against them and they cannot retaliate in any form against it, regardless of any other mythos or feats that say otherwise, if your score is more than half of theirs higher, your AoO stuns them for a turn with an additional effect depending upon your weapon type.

Piecing:
    You impale your target with your weapon briefly, causing them to bleed badly. The target takes 2 damage at the start of their turn until the wound is healed, or bound as a full round action.

Blunt:
    You slam your weapon into the chest of your target, sending them flying (strength mod) ft back and knocking them prone.

Slashing:
    You lash out at a vulnerable limb, leaving a horrendously painful wound and depending upon where you hit, one of these two effect occur.
    Arm – Until the wound is healed, all attacks are considered to have the base damage of one size smaller.
    Leg – Until the wound is healed, movement speed is halved and reflex saves take a -2 penalty

If your shield is at 15% health or less, you need to roll within 3 of the attack roll. In order to repair your shield, you must find a blacksmith of higher enough skill to be able to make one outright, including enchantments, or at least seems to be able to, (The village smith who inexplicably sells +5 Vorpal Greatswords would be able to perform this action.) From there, you must pay a percent of the total price. The percent is the amount of “health lost” by the shield, halved. You must also pay this equal value in mythos points.

Spoiler: Basic Manifestations
    Show
    Tool of the Guardian:
    Block now triggers upon enemies within your threatened area making an attack upon either your allies or you charges. If the attack was going to kill them, reduce them to negative HP or have another serious long lasting effect, you gain mythos points equal to the raw damage inflicted. (Serious effects is up to your local DM’s discretion. Deal with it.) You also no longer have to be fighting defensively to Block

Protection Against the Eldritch:
    This manifestation allows you to block projectile (If you posses the “With a Keen Eye and a Fast Hand” manifestation) and touch magical attacks and dispel their effects. Unless your shield has an enchantment that would render the effect harmless regardless, you must make a Con save to resist the “splash” of the spell, equal to half of the caster’s level plus their wisdom. If failed, you take any lasting effects the spell would deliver if it had hit normally, just without the damage the spell would normally inflict. Regardless of whether or not you succeeded your saving throw, you shield absorbs the damage, and any raw damage associated with the effect before it dispels. For instance, a spell with a cold effect will deal its damage to the shield, and the shield will become cold to touch. A fireball will hit the shield, and the shield will become considerably hotter (all those that think a fireball would set a shield on fire can try and set a piece of oak wood on fire by dropping a burning piece of wool on it.) If the spell comes with a component that also affects objects, then that effect also applies to the shield.

Reawaken the Steel:
    This manifestation re-activates all enchantments and bonuses that would increase damage reduction or resistance, and applies it to both you and your shield. You also gain a +2 to avoiding the magical splash. You also do not need to spend mythos points in order to repair the shield.

With a Keen Eye and a Fast Hand:
    You gain the ability to Block ranged projectiles with your shield. If the projectile carried any additional effects, such as an explosive arrow, then the affect activates upon the shield normally, but does not move pass the shield. In order to catch the arrow, the Agios must have line of sight with the archer (unless another mythos states otherwise,) and must make a reflex save to block the arrow. You gain a +1 for ever 5ft past 15ft the archer is standing. If the Agios is in full defense, they do not need to make the saving throw if the archer is further than 15ft, but instead may chose to make a reflex save to flick the arrow past them with their weapon. However, if they fail, they are hit with the arrow and normal rules apply, and you are considered flat footed.

With a Driving Force and a Bulls Strength:
    You may now perform shield bashes as a swift action, but only once per turn, at targets within 1ft (or one square, depends upon what type of board you use.)
    The shield bash does 1d4 damage, and forces that target to make a Will and Fortitude save. If they fail the will save, they are disorientated for 1 turn. If they fail the Fortitude save, they are forced back 2ft. This movement can provoke AoO.

Spoiler: Advanced Manifestation
    Show
    Let None Through:
    Whenever Block intercepts an attack, it completely negates any effects that would normally continue to hit other targets that stand behind you, or that are standing where you block line of sight between the two, such as Cone of Cold (You still can’t Block spells with this is you don’t posses the relevant basic manifestation). If for some reason this effect is bypassed, you may choose to absorb the damage yourself. If this is the case, then it is treated as a type of damage you have the most resistance to without being immune, and gain mythos points worth the same amount of damage you take.

Like the Rays of the Sun:
    Requires Protection Against the Eldritch, With a Keen Eye and a Fast Hand, Blocked at least 10 magic projectiles and been the target of at least 1 ray attack with your current shield (if chosen, this manifestation will reactivate itself once the prerequisites are met with a new shield.)
    While you now know that no amount of experience or determination is going to make the fireball slamming into your shield less of a fireball, not only are you better at dodging that splash back, you can now console yourself with the fact you are forcing an archmage to rely upon projectile spells over his precious rays, and while mocking him for it isn’t helping your situation, it certainly makes it more enjoyable.
    Your shield now posses the ability to completely dispel magical beam or ray attacks and ranged touched attack, diffusing them into multiply rays of different coloured light reflecting off your shield. In order to do so, you must make a reflex save with a -4 penalty, and can not attempt the save if you are flat footed (unless another mythos states otherwise.) You also can not block rays that are aimed more than 5ft to either side of you.

Spoiler: Defenders Manifestation
    Show
    STAND BESIDE ME AND YOU SHALL NOT FALTER:
    At the cost of 100 mythos points per person, every shield wielder that stands in a line with you are considered to have this mythos and all of the manifestations you have posses for it, albeit with a -4 penalty to saving throws. If a second row of shield bears form behind the front line, none of front row can be forced backwards or knocked down unless first pulled forward.
    While you now know that no amount of experience or determination is going to make the fireball slamming into your shield less of a fireball, not only are you better at not getting burnt, you can now console yourself with the fact you are forcing an archmage to rely upon projectile spells over his precious rays. And while mocking him for it isn’t helping your situation, it certainly makes it more enjoyable

9. - Top - End - #669

NecromancerGuy

Seriously that stuff is nice. I'd be happy to add it to the agios. I'll put superscript denoting your the original author.

I have a few things in the works just not enough sit down and write time. I'm trying to hash out a good leadership granting mythos. The fluff for it would be.

Spoiler: Shining Shield Legionnaires
    Show

Baltrok stood atop the great fortress Amon Kalthak. In the past hundred years or so disrepair had taken root, only a few hundred men manned the walls, it was a true shadow of its once might. Some time in the next week there would be a great army of orcs on the horizon. Looking to the squire Wynn "We shall hold before the orcs," Baltrok ensured. To which the meek boy responded, "But you are just one man and they are a legion, and are defenses are to weak to protect us from their raiders." Baltrok was looking to the horizon, over which he had come, "Who said I came alone?" With a mighty horn blast and roar "Who Ha" golden banners of Aegis Legion broke the line.
    And also, Thanks. And for the leadership stuff, if the Defenders Manifestation becomes a thing, wouldn't you be able to give minor versions of the agios mythos to those under your command? If that is stretched to a few of the more...interesting ones, hilarity will ensure. Can you tell me what kind of buffs the Shining Shield Roma..*cough cough* Legionnaires give? or is it spoilers?

In regards to the fluff, i can tie that in with all of my "leadership" stuff i got grinding, but I have a feeling i am going to accidentally re-do what you have done in regards to the crunch at some point
    Last edited by Thesamonman; 2015-04-12 at 04:28 AM.
    While you now know that no amount of experience or determination is going to make the fireball slamming into your shield less of a fireball, not only are you better at not getting burnt, you can now console yourself with the fact you are forcing an archmage to rely upon projectile spells over his precious rays. And while mocking him for it isn’t helping your situation, it certainly makes it more enjoyable

10. - Top - End - #670

MindFlayer

That entire mythos seemed like you were trying to copy what the Ardent Aegis Bulwark does. I had plans for blocking spells and other stuff it just takes time a effort to right.
    Last edited by Lanth Sor; 2015-04-12 at 04:45 PM.

11. - Top - End - #671

NecromancerGuy

That entire mythos seemed like you were trying to copy what the Ardent Aegis Bulwark does. I had plans for blocking spells and other stuff it just takes time a effort to right.
    It pretty much is, just slightly different. but the Agios ends up making Heathcliff look slow.

12. - Top - End - #672

MindFlayer

Ok so my mythos Provides a (20+str mod+shield bonus)% chance for DR (level + Str mod +shield AC bonus)/- every attack. Yours provides a confusing formula for determining shield hp(shields have hp already) DR(Shields have Hardness) You reflex save to make your shield take the damage instead. Reflex save is not where the agios should be shining. Yours also only blocks melee. All in all it feels more like your nerfing using a shield, because in the end you can have a ogre kill your shield and now your out a shield and he can still hit you. Your mechanics are well meant, but over-thinking the whole thing. Some of the manifestation would be good to add to Ardent Aegis Bulwark others belong else were, like shield bashing belongs in the fantastic mythos for non-tower shields.

13. - Top - End - #673

Planetar

Why not add a manifiestion for bashing with tower shields?

14. - Top - End - #674

NecromancerGuy

Come my goblins give me all your money, gems, and valuables.
    I presume from context this is a banner character suggestion for the class? if so I have no idea who that is.
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

15. - Top - End - #675

NecromancerGuy

Ok so my mythos Provides a (20+str mod+shield bonus)% chance for DR (level + Str mod +shield AC bonus)/- every attack. Yours provides a confusing formula for determining shield hp(shields have hp already) DR(Shields have Hardness) You reflex save to make your shield take the damage instead. Reflex save is not where the agios should be shining. Yours also only blocks melee. All in all it feels more like your nerfing using a shield, because in the end you can have a ogre kill your shield and now your out a shield and he can still hit you. Your mechanics are well meant, but over-thinking the whole thing. Some of the manifestation would be good to add to Ardent Aegis Bulwark others belong else were, like shield bashing belongs in the fantastic mythos for non-tower shields.
    I admit that the HP is a bit... tangled (also had no idea about original shield health,) but the whole reflex save gives the Agios an area to improve if they want to be able to defend themselves and close by allies, rather than just hoping for the right number to shrug off some damage to themselves. And there is a basic manifestation that allows an Agios to block range (and magic), and later flat out cut arrows out of the air. Also, can you tell me which bits are over-thought, cause i want to refine and use it in home-brew (cause i got a char who would perform hilariously good with what i got.)

16. - Top - End - #676

MindFlayer

The picture is greed from diablo 3. And yes that was a banner suggestion.

If you look at fantastic mythos you'll see several weapon specific mythos there is where ill be expanding on the use of weapons in defense of others. Tower shield bashing doesn't fit to me but I was thinking more of a push the lined mobile wall bull rushing enemies. Mainly I'm going to look to braum for stuff regarding tower Shields

If an agios is doing the job right they can total defense and not even think twice about it. Or if he can fight his way to 50% block then he gets 100% block when fighting defensively. I am added a few new toys to allow for buffing your block numbers.

Also don't know if you realized but you can grant your charge any defensive benefit you gain from your class. So it already allows you to give your block chance to your charge.

Added new mythos and several advanced for existing mythos on the Agios, more coming down the pipe having trouble finding time to post content will have more available saturday.
    Last edited by Lanth Sor; 2015-04-16 at 01:23 AM.

17. - Top - End - #677
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

More things.

MOAR THINGS!

Spoiler: FANTASTIC: Ultra-Rapid Form Duplicity Reversal
    Show

Prerequisite: Raging Behemoth Charge

“That one! Wait, no… no, yes, that one! That one right there. Him. He’s one of them.”

“Seems normal, yeah? Wrong. He’s a vicious killer. A murderous psychopath, just itching to get his fingers into someone’s eyeballs. Nobody can tell, possibly not even himself. He’ll spend days, weeks, months even, before lashing out. It’s the waiting that gets you. You spend forever watching them, waiting for them to snap, to go on that rampage you know th-“

“Huh. Where’d he go?”

So long as you are not under any Rage effects or in combat (and whenever would you not be in both at the same time?) you can spend 5 minutes crafting a Face. You can do this at any time, during any other activities. Travelling, eating, sleeping, so long as you aren’t screaming and mashing somebody else’s head in. Afterwards, your (very-short term) companions will look over and see… Weirdness.

At lower levels, the construction of a Face can be quite simple. Adjustments of posture, minute changes in facial expression. If you are of a larger size than Medium, you hunch yourself down, or slump so as your prodigious muscle seems like the paunch of a friendly simpleton. At higher levels, a Teramach will literally project the desire of its victims as a disguise, as they desperately wish for it to NOT BE THERE. Just in case you have a devious DM, the construction of a Face doesn’t count as actually building something, it’s just minor changes to your personal form.

Whichever way you go about constructing a Face, it can take two forms. If you were… well, normal, before you became a Teramach, your can assume that shape once again. If not, or if you do not wish to, your Face can be perfectly bland. You are treated by nobles as scum, by peasants as brothers, by bandits as easy pickings, and by orcs as delicious.

However you do it, you are now under the influence of an effect similar to a Disguise Self spell, with an effectively infinite duration, expressed as an Extraordinary ability. However, you do not make a Disguise check to oppose the Sense Motive check of those that see you. Instead, the DC to recognise you as you truly are (a horrifying monster) is as a normal Mythos (10+1/2 level+STR mod), with a +20 increase for a bland form, and a +10 bonus if you take your own form.

If you ever go into a Rage, or somebody who has successfully made the Sense Motive check clearly states that you are using a Face, it is instantly dispelled, and you go into a Rage for 1 round. You can dispel it yourself as a swift action.

If anyone successfully penetrates your disguise, you instantly know who and where they are, and they must make a Will save with the normal DC for a Mythos. If they fail, they are stunned for 1d4 rounds, and can only stare at you. If they succeed, they are merely rendered speechless for 1d4 rounds, gibbering helplessly as their brain tries to comprehend the awful information they are receiving. If you or anyone else takes any aggressive actions, the stunning is reduced to muteness for 1d8 rounds. If you dispel your Face during this time, they must instantly state the bleeding obvious and yell “Argh! It’s a monster!” or something to that sort, as loud as they can, granting you a free Intimidate check against everyone who can hear them.

While you maintain your Face, you are treated as if you weren’t a bloodthirsty freak. Surprise, surprise. Even if you would not normally be able to, you can communicate and interact effectively, as the general populace gloss over your strange mannerisms and long silences. For any complex social situation that requires a Sense Motive, Diplomacy, Bluff or Gather Information check you may use half your Intimidate check as a perfection bonus, as their subconscious mind silently screams at them to RUN. RUN NOW. But they will always ignore it, those poor, civilized fools.

If you possess Mythos of lower than Exalted tier, you are even capable of repressing a triggered Rage effect up to three times in one hour, if you so desire it. Each time, the individual who garnered your ire must make a Sense Motive check to penetrate your disguise, as they see your eyes bulge and hands shake. If the same person triggers all three suppressions, they automatically succeed. You may intentionally allow any of these Sense Motives attempts to succeed, but only through a triggered Rage. At Exalted tier and above, you can’t suppress anything.

At the beginning of any encounter, if you possessed a Face directly before initiative was rolled, or the breaking of said Face was the cause of said combat, you can participate in the surprise round. If you are the only participant (allies included) in this surprise round, all attacks you are proficient with deal +2d6 damage. Additionally, anything you were carrying while you had a Face can be used an as improvised weapon for the purposes of Primitive Brutality even if it had been used in a previous battle, or is a manufactured weapon. Manufactured weapons can only be used as such for the surprise or first round, and only if you had them sheathed on your person or lying nearby (not waving in the air, as a general rule). You can draw them as a free action, but after the shock and awe of the sudden snap, they’ve kind of lost their pizazz.

If you do not have a Face, you can participate in the surprise round as above, but only if you use this round to charge a la Raging Behemoth Charge. If you are permanently unable to create a Face, due to permanent or unduly long Rage effects (looking at you Untamed Apocalypse Shintai) you may revoke the ability to craft Faces in return for another Advanced Manifestation from any other Mythos.

Unfortunately, your DM may be cruel enough to allow you to use this anyway, despite your permanent insanity. For the purpose of wearing a Face, you are able to suppress any single Rage effect while you craft and wear it, though this does cost 500 Mythos points for every hour beyond the first, as you fight against your very story. At Legendary tier and above, suppressing a Rage effect instantly costs 1500 Mythos points and inflicts an unblockable negative level for 24 hours, though this never results in permanent drain.

Advanced Manifestation:
    I Am One Of You

If you have the body of another person handy (either a reasonably intact corpse, a bound and gagged captive, or a soul trapped within you via Protagonism-Devouring Legend Singularity), you gain a third type of Face. You can copy your prey perfectly, though this takes one hour of steady concentration as you pick apart the details of their visage, their movements and mannerisms. Literally, this deals 30% of their current health in damage if they are still alive. Ew. No matter if they are a tortured soul, corpse, or soon-to-be corpse, you can only ever “study” someone once. The DC to detect that you are an imposter changes to normal Mythos +30 for random bystanders, +10 for those who personally knew them, and -10 to those who personally saw them be captured or killed (Second-hand accounts don’t matter). However, they’re behavior towards you changes appropriately. If they manage to uncover the truth, those who knew the victim personally instantly fail their Will save to be stunned.

If you are unable to craft a Face, you may trade this for a Basic Manifestation from another Mythos.

Phew. I'm not sure whether being able to trade Face construction for other Manifestations is a good deal, or whether being able to suppress Rage effects is overpowered. As usual, the idea is right, but the numbers are wrong.

Secondly, this is ridiculous. We have Krieg in the Teramach banner, we even have his second best ever quote at the top of the page. But we don’t even have a Buzzaxe Mythos yet! Shame on you lot. I’ve done my best to rectify the situation, but it needs a better writer than I...

Spoiler: EXCELLENCY: This Is Mine
    Show
    Pick a non-magical improvised or a manufactured weapon you have had since first level or character creation. Alternatively, you can choose a weapon (still non-magical) you have some sort of very strong personal connection to relating to murder or bloodshed. Good examples include a weapon you pulled out of the corpse of a relative, or the very first thing you picked up when you first went into a Rage. This becomes your Favorite.

You are always proficient with your Favorite. If it is a manufactured weapon, you can treat it as an improvised weapon for the purposes of Primitive Brutality and any other Mythos. Your Favorite is extraordinarily resilient, gaining your STR modifier to its Hardness and hitpoints. You can never cause permanent damage to it. Using it to cut through twelve inches of solid steel, setting it on fire, even strapping explosives and chucking it at somebody doesn’t do anything that won’t buff out. The first time in an encounter your Favorite would be destroyed, it is instead reduced to 1 hitpoints and loses any artificial magical enhancements (so, Primal Brutality still works). Your Favorite has half the rate of natural healing you do, as you bend and straighten the worst of its dents and scrapes out day after brutal day.

If your Favorite is stolen, you go into a Rage targeted at the thief (you always know exactly where your Favorite is) until you murder them. If it is sundered, destroyed or otherwise permanently lost you go into a Rage until you have obliterated the perpetrator. It is completely impossible to repair once it has reached 0 hitpoints. You are then refunded this Excellency, and can never regain it. Ever.

If your DM purposely targets your Favorite for their own entertainment, succeeds in destroying it, and you lash out either verbally or physically, the Monster laughs and grants your 10000 Mythos points and 1000xp for the sole purpose of making the life of your DM miserable. This was a joke. Probably.

Also, some Advanced Manifestations for Humanity-Reaving Psychosis Echo. Because.

Spoiler
    Show

Louder! LOUDER!
    Prerequisite: Paroxysmal Demon-God Clangor
    In addition to the sonic damage of Paroxysmal Demon-God Clangor, you deal non-lethal damage equal to a single unarmed attack. For one particular target within your natural reach (5ft for Medium, 10ft for Large etc.), this non-lethal damage is doubled. If the target is pinned, you deal non-lethal damage equal to a full-attack, all doubled. An enemy knocked unconscious through the use of this Mythos may be ignored for the purposes of Rage effects, if you so wish. An enemy can only be targeted once per encounter. This bypasses the usual requirement that you must choose lethal over non-lethal damage.

The Lungs of a Thousand Tortured Worshippers
    Prerequisite: Any number of Reavers
    When you use Post-Traumatic Brutality Roar, any Reavers who hear you (are within double its range) can echo you, copying it with the same Demoralisation you made. Any other Reavers who hear them can mimic them further, though this is the limit. A Roar made by any Reaver has half the range of yours. If your Roar deals damage for any reason, a Reaver can choose to mimic that as well, though this deals 5 damage to themselves and renders them mute for an hour as they literally scream their lungs out.

18. - Top - End - #678
    Ogre in the Playground

I have a question.

I've seen a couple of threads posted with caster equivalent classes, but I've also seen people posting saying that the Mythos system is based off of making non-casters more awesome with the access to their story archetypes.

Is there room in the Mythos system for the Mystic Druid/Nature dude? For the Mystic Arcane Caster? Both of these are things that I'm interested in taking a stab at, but I don't want to impose on the existing basis of the system.

19. - Top - End - #679
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PeacefulOak View Post
    I have a question.

I've seen a couple of threads posted with caster equivalent classes, but I've also seen people posting saying that the Mythos system is based off of making non-casters more awesome with the access to their story archetypes.

Is there room in the Mythos system for the Mystic Druid/Nature dude? For the Mystic Arcane Caster? Both of these are things that I'm interested in taking a stab at, but I don't want to impose on the existing basis of the system.
    The Kathodos and Olethrofex are Elementalists and Necromancers respectively. That's not all they are, but yes, Mythos options can improve upon the conceits of a magician just as well as a warrior.

I say this as a person who's still trying to rig up a Mythic Witch. All you need is a strong identifying concept and enough exposure to relevant source material to create evocative description, and you're good to go.

20. - Top - End - #680
    Ogre in the Playground

I have a couple of Episkeptis Excellency ideas (Which coincidentally, is somewhat relevant to what Peaceful Oak asked. It's intended to be the Mythic Summoner), but I'm not too sure on their balance (As much as Mythos classes CAN be balanced...)

Spoiler
    Show
    Indomitable God-Like Sense-of-Self

You gain the Force of Personality (CAd) feat, except that it applies to ALL effects, not just Mind-Affecting spells and abilities. In addition, you gain a bonus to Will saves equal to half your level. In addition, you never suffer a penalty to your Will save. You are also immune to Fear effects and cannot be affected by the Intimidate skill.

Unyielding Will of Eternity
    Prerequisite: Indomitable God-Like Sense-of-Self, any Exceptional Mythos

Whenever you must make a Fortitude or Reflex save to prevent Charisma damage (Or drain, burn, etc.), such as getting hit with a poison, you may make a Will save to negate the effect instead, even if saved-against effect would have a half effect. Do note that if Charisma damage is only part of the effect, then you must still make the normal save to prevent any non-charisma-harming effects.

In addition, if you are suffering from an effect that causes you to "lose" yourself, such as being Dominated (via the actual spell or being turned into a Wight or Vampire Spawn, etc), becoming a Petitioner or even something more exotic such as someone rewriting the timeline so that you never become an Episkeptis, or being killed and turned into a Mindless undead, something special occurs.

Every day while you are suffering from not "being" your free and true Episkeptis self, you may make a d20 roll. If the result is equal to or less than your level, your entire self returns (So on this roll, a 1 is always a success). This includes memory of your past, appearance, even Type. Basically, you become what you used to be before this effect took place. (In the case of becoming a Petitioner, you are not "returned to life" per sey, but you have full access to your faculties and can be resurrected, regardless of how much time has passed.)

Obviously, the nature of this part of the Excellency means that you can NEVER lose it. Actual level loss, timeline change, no longer BEING an Episkeptis, losing the prerequisite Excellency. NOTHING can prevent you from regaining yourself.
    Last edited by Sgt. Cookie; 2015-04-17 at 07:24 PM.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

Quote Originally Posted by DudeWhyAreAllTheNamesTaken(Imgur)
    Chaotic neutral. Might rob you blind. Might save your life. Might do both.

21. - Top - End - #681
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PeacefulOak View Post
    I have a question.

I think the Archikos is the closest we have to a Mythic Druid so far.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

22. - Top - End - #682
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThreadNecro5 View Post
    I also got some sudden inspiration for another myhtos class, currently without details on a titan or story to go with it, so I'm post what I quickly tossed together to see if anyone is interested in the idea.

basically you could joke that it is a 'mythic banker' of sorts, basically 'mythic rich guy'. I'm thinking of someone who can manipulate economics and such and mythos based around usieng GP.

so ideas for fluff or mythos, or just an opinion on the concept would be appreciated.
    For more heroic examples: Trigger Happy and Scrooge McDuck. I've put some thought into this idea before - in Dungeons and Dragons, the idea of having a class who gets power from bathing in gold isn't just acceptable, it's genre emulation. I could never quite make it hold together as a class, but you've got a good start.

If you're having trouble fleshing it out, how about extending its money focus to a business focus, so it becomes more about economy than hoarding? Things like Recettear and Gringotts.

23. - Top - End - #683
    Troll in the Playground

Looking for some ideas.

Let us regard a character with no distinguishing characteristics other than their character classes. This character is a level 10 gestalt X//Y, with no further adulterations.

X may be one of the following: Teramach, Kathodos, Olethrofex, Bellator, Anakitos
    Y may be one of the following: Academic Spellcaster (Wizard or Archivist), Innate Spellcaster (Sorcerer or Favored Soul), Martial Adept (Warblade, Swordsage, or Crusader), Rogue (Rogue, Ninja, or Scout), Incarnate, Warlock, Bard, Artificer, Binder, Cleric, or Druid

Through egregious and inexcusable DM fiat, this character innovates a Fantastic Mythos independent of their Mythos class, which merges the philosophies and mechanics of X and Y into a single, awesome signature move. For values of Y that incorporate more than one class, the signature move has to function for all classes within the subset. Because.

What are some cool ideas for specific combinations? I'm not looking for mechanics, just cool concepts. And maybe an interesting name if you've got one, but it's not necessary.

For example:
    Teramach/Rogue: Heart-Stopping Lord of Terror - Inflict precision damage when you Intimidate a flat-footed target, giving them a heart-attack.
    Teramach/Academic: There's A Monster At The End Of This Book - Consume a spellbook and retain the ability to cast spells within the book while in a Rage. Turn grappled foes into an improvised Spell Grenade.

Between my own ideas, and ideas I get from this thread, I'm hoping to make a complete list for every combination. For reasons.
    Last edited by Xefas; 2015-04-20 at 10:58 AM.

24. - Top - End - #684

Planetar

An excellency for the Askopar, for the sole reason that a Mythos Class having 3/4 BAB is really rustling my jimmies.

Spoiler: Excellency: Battle-Ready Nomad Mentality
    Show

Despite the Longstrider's wishes, the route of discovery is inexorably bound with violence. Bandits dot the well-worn roads, and countless monsters, savages, and worse can live in the unknown lands. Therefor, the Longstrider's Anthols must be trained in battle, even though it isn't their main focus.

Your Base Attack Bonus is now equal to your level(the fighter's BAB progression.)

25. - Top - End - #685

@Xefas: That's a pretty interesting concept right there, I've got to admit. Lemme come up with a few ideas...

Teramach/Innate: Unleash Inner Demons (or Angels, or Fairies, et al...) - Choose a single Bloodline-type feat OR Domain (no matter if you're a Sorcerer or a Favored Soul); you gain access to the whole thing and can cast each spell 2/day as a Spell-Like Ability, but only while in a rage. You can also appear at anytime as a classic example of your Bloodline-Creature or Domain-Avatar; this effect is Extraordinary but grants no actual benefits besides a realistic disguise.

Bellator/Incarnum: Blast-Furnace of Souls - You unlock certain chakras and gain Essentia equal to (1/2 level? Full level?). By spending Essentia you may shape soulmelds into reality and give them to others, which then last for a number of hours equal to your class level; while they are shaped into reality this way the essentia and chakras used to shape the soulmelds cannot be spent or used in any other way.

Bellator/Binder: A Tale of Souls and Swords, Eternally Retold - A single item that you have created with your own hands becomes an Intelligent Item; higher-level Manifestations of this ability allow your item to become a Cohort that has levels in the Binder class, and even higher-levels allow them to gain the Syntrofos mythos class.
    Last edited by Adam1949; 2015-04-20 at 05:44 AM.

26. - Top - End - #686
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

@Xefas, I'll just be finishing your list then. I'll make them all into proper thingummys as I find time.

Teramach/Academic: I KNOW THINGS THAT WILL MAKE YOU BLEED The one, the only, MUSCLE WIZARD. Become an elemental fury, or apply your will to the shape of the world. Verbal components? Shouting. Somatic? Punching. Material? ...body parts. Yours, or perhaps others. Either way, this should result in spellcasting intermingled with normal attacks, during any full-attack. While I'm writing this, perhaps replace a set number of unarmed attacks (i.e. 1+level) as the prerequisite for casting during a full-attack.

Teramach/Innate: The Rains of Castamere, Incarnadine Hell-Furnace Atrocity has blood-bending of a sort, but really focuses on the defensive aspect? I would love to be able to manifest weapons, ranged attacks (normal melee attacks with a ranged increments a la Kathodos) or MOAR LIMBS, through the sacrifice of HP.

Teramach/Cleric: JOIN ME IN MY GLORIOUS MISERY combine I'M NOT DONE WITH YOU YET and Humanity-Reaving Psychosis Echo for undead Reavers. Add salt and negative energy to taste, and serve warm with a light salad. EDIT... 4...5? I DON'T EVEN KNOW: Just remembered that Teramachs hate undead. Ptooey. Ah well, so long as everybody you kill gets up and starts walking around again as zombie-like Reavers, I'm happy.

Teramach/Druid (ha): Some kind of ability that allows you to become a Tarresque appeals to my inner twelve-year-old. OK, maybe combining B.O.S.S. Monster and Untamed Apocalypse Shintai makes it a mechanical reality, I really, really, really want to be able to say: "Screw you wizard guy, as a full-round action I turn into a Tarresque."

Teramach/Martial: There isn't much that can't be fixed by the dubious application of Infernal Monster, Primeval God-Monster and Tiger Claw. Specifically, if I could get Crack the Sky, I would be so happy.

Teramach/Rogue: Ultra-Rapid Form Duplicity Reversal

Teramach/Incarnate: Something to do with limbs

Teramach/Warlock: Gore-Soaked Epoch of Sacrilege Use The Monster/yourself as your power source a la 5e Fiend, Old One or Fey pacts. I'm biased towards shiny things, and I've never played a 3.5 Warlock, so there. Still, applicable, kind of. Anything else would involve a risk/reward mechanic, possibly sacrificing HP for 'alternative' sources of damage.
    Spoiler: WARNING DO NOT READ
    Show
    Perhaps cut off limbs (your own and others) and animate them as some kind of vicious, tentacle monster that strangles people? Or maybe just split open and spray organs everywhere instead of spell-casting. Also, make sure this doesn't get into the wrong hands...get it, because, like, you cut off your... never mind.

Teramach/Bard: MOAR SHOUTING (see the advanced manifestation. Is this something completely new? Nope, but I still like it). Additionally, lie to people with such force of intimidation that what you say becomes the truth. Yes, I did kind of steal this from Umbramendex, but the point still stands.

Teramach/Artificer:
    Spoiler: Now that I think about it, less important, but keeping it just in case
    Show
    Somebody has posted this before regarding the crafting limitation on Teramach, all credits to them if I can find it again, but it went a little something like this: Find some poor shmuck, smack him in the face. Twist his head half off, but not enough to stop the screams. Rip apart the less vital organs, then mash them together again. Stand on their spine, and roar at the everything. Then, reach into that dripping, wet mess that is left, and pull out what you have "made".
    EDIT: This Is Mine In short, pick a weapon you have had since level or character creation. Same as Kriegs buzzaxe, this becomes pretty much part of your characters psychosis. No matter what, it counts as an improvised weapon you are proficient with at all times. Make it super-durable, resistant to magic etc. (including beneficial stuff), but gains enhancements passively (since this is a Fantastic and all, and the excellency was pretty bland). But if it gets destroyed, it's gone permanently.

Teramach/Binder: Something else to do with limbs

I like Teramach. Like, a lot. Almost as much as I like Teramach's armed (geddit?) with limbs in various forms. Have I unashamedly stolen more or less everything I posted here? Perhaps. Do I care? Not really.

EDIT: Just realised this thing had rules. Ugh.
    EDIT 2: Switched Binder and Innate, because I have no idea what Binder does. TIL.
    EDIT 3: Ha. I knew rules were no match for Tarresque wild-shaping
    Last edited by spwack; 2015-04-22 at 05:09 AM.

27. - Top - End - #687
    Troll in the Playground

Thank you for the ideas so far, guys. Under further consideration, I've decided to split Cleric and Druid, to allow for Wildshape-specific shenanigans.

Keep 'em comin' if y' got 'em.

28. - Top - End - #688

Anakitos//Innate: Your worshipers give you power.
    Anakitos//Religious: You can harness the power of prayer to do stuff, offered up through ritual actions.

The two options sorta blend together, I know. The general idea of the A//I one is that you are being worshiped for your awesomeness, and thus that gives you a buff. Sorta like that one discipline you made based on the Holy Tyrant. A//R, on the other hand, is more of a Zenith marching around the walls of Jericho with an army and causing them to fall.

29. - Top - End - #689
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gestalt Mythos ideas incoming.

Spoiler: Olethrofex // Martial Adept
    Show
    Nine-Bladed Kuei-Jin Heresy
    Wasting limbs, empty veins, stitched sinews - your body hasn't worked right for so long you can't remember what battle was like while alive. With time comes adaptation, and now your martial arts have been adapted to fit your anticarnated nature, seamlessly excepting techniques that would be unbearably painful to even attempt if you has functioning nerve endings, and reflexive motions which would be totally impossible for any organic neural cortex to enact. As part of it, you choose one of the following undead natures to adopt, to better guide your martial progression:
    -Golemaic Clout, which synergizes naturally with the Iron Heart, Setting Sun, and Stone Dragon by improving your ability to just juggernaut over everyone, crushing them underfoot and tossing them about.
    -Vampiric Celerity, which is built to synergize with the Desert Wind, Shadow Hand, and Tiger Claw, improving your mobility and effective speed of action to bullet time levels.
    -Pharonic Magnetism, built to synergize with the Devoted Spirit, Diamond Mind, and White Raven, improving your unearthly charisma and mental fortitude to the degree that you can crush wills with a gaze and drive others to amazing and sekf-destructive acts of fear and devotion.
    Also there's an advanced manifestation, called Cainite Legacy Awakening. I don't even know what it does, but it sounds cool.

Spoiler: Bellator // Druid
    Show
    Wilder-Warden Initiate Armory
    While wildshaped, your natural weapons are considered "Weapons" for Bellator Mythos. Any weapons that comes in pairs, such as claws or wing slaps, are considered to be light weapons, while bites, tail slaps, stingers, and other such weapons that deal (Weapon Dice +1.5*Str mod) damage are considered to be two-handed. If the animal you transform into possesses at least +1 Natural Armor bonus, your armor does not fade away but instead merges with your new body, continuing to count as artificial armor for Equipment Mastery's enhancement bonus. If your wildshape would be larger than medium, you may exagerate its size further, granting yourself the Powerful Build trait for the duration. The same can be done for any creature smaller than medium and the Slight Build trait.
    No matter which wild shape you adopt, your appearance is notably caught between that of a warrior ideal and the animal intended - hide becomes hard and pitted like your armor, claws and teeth are an out-of-place steel grey, your vocalizations sound unnatural like immitated animal calls, and so on. You always seem always seem to be capable of fine manipulation as well, somehow. Normally this entails the subtle inclusion of opposing digits and concentration of musculature within the forelimbs, but a versatile mouth or tail can works too.

Spoiler: Anakitos // Academic Spellcaster
    Show
    Solar Runic Formatting Method
    [Purity]
    Drawing from your intrinsic connection to Truth and Light, you develop a way to translate your mystical writings into a unique magical script/page layout combo designed specifically to evoke imagery of the Sun, which you hand-convert your whole spellbook into. In doing so, you encode the power of the Sun so deeply into the writing that it begins to merges with your Gift, and simply by glancing over it you can activate some light-based magical powers, which tend towards at-will utility effects and pseudo-passive defenses. The effects you get are tied to each spell level available for you to cast, and their effects improve as you gain more daily prepared spells of that level. And also, your weird font choice makes your spellbook painfully hard for others to decode, with the DC increasing tremendously and magical decryption methods incurring searing flashes of light straight to the ocular cortex, which deal magical blinding as a curse and probably also a good bit of nonlethal damage.

30. - Top - End - #690
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Just looking for some help with Advanced Manifestations for Astronomical Geocide Cannon. Yeah. Because I want more.

Continent-Razing Devastation Blast
    If you hit a large (approximately 10x larger than you, at least), unattended object within a third of the range of Astronomical Geocide Cannon (AGC), you may halt it’s progress and instead focus it’s ridiculous power on a specific, unfortunate area. You may make an augmented usage of Rampaging Through Paper Cities (RTPC) per size larger than medium on the target. This bypasses all Hardness, and deals 5x damage, with a radius of (class level x size larger than medium x 10). If you possess Gaia-Disfiguring Hate, this changes to (class level x size larger than medium x Rage effects active x 20). You may choose to alter each usage RTPC with Sun-Eating Gorge-Monster Gluttony as usual, though the origin is from where RTPC was targeted, and half of the damage is always fire as molten rubble sprays everywhere. This does not require another full-round action, it is resolved at the same time Continent-Razing Devasation Blast is. If you completely destroy/devour >50% of the target with a single usage, you may make extra usages granted by increase size anywhere within its radius. This could be from structural instabilities causing further destruction, barrages of shrapnel, or a half-seen, spectral Teramach materialising out of nowhere and punishing the landscape around it.

Self-Immolating Thermonuclear Ignition
    The area of AGC can be modified to become a sphere centered on yourself, though you do no suffer any effects, you are instead dazed for 1 round. This has a range of 2000ft per size larger than medium. However (and this is where the Self-Immolating part comes from) you may choose to multiply the damage within the first 2000ft by the number of Rage effects you are currently under. This is after the the increased damage that comes from using AGC normally, if you are currently using All-Consuming Rampage Release and Meaningless Force-of-Nature Devolution, the damage of AGC is 15x the damage of Unconquered Swallowed-Sun Prana. However, you take half the damage of the blast (immunities and resistances acting as normal) and are dazed for a number of rounds equal to how many Rage effects modified this usage.
    Readers note: Should dazing (which is nothing to a Teramach with Fury is Freedom) perhaps be changed to losing some of the Rage effects used?

Overwhelming Draconic-Blitz Bombardment
    Prerequisite: Fly speed
    As a full-round action while firing in any directly perpendicular to your movement (so up, down, left or right, but not directly in front or behind), move up to your normal fly speed. Any space you fly directly over is counted as within the area of AGC. The damage is divided by 5 (so normal Unconquered Swallowed-Sun Prana damage), with 10 000ft range.

So… uh… what do you reckon? Despite all logical reasoning, I may have gone a little over the top with Continent-Razing Devastation Blast, but it is only once per hour, and it can't be used on moving targets so... hm.

Also, is a Holocaust Sun allowed inside their own Nirvana? I was originally thinking no, but Xefas's fluff on the Titans made me think otherwise. Is the demon-sun allowed inside his own headspace? Either way, it's a kind of awful place to hang out, but there's an even greater amount of awful by having the owner of the brain you are invading, turn up and eat you. Also with his mind.
    Last edited by spwack; 2015-04-22 at 07:50 AM.