New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Puzzle & Dragons 7: Puzzleball Z

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    3x hp and also some attack is huge. Especially with devil queen Hera as a thing. Or astaroth's tank capacity. Yowza.
    It is actually 3x ATK and some HP, so like I&I, Cao Cao, Lu Bu, and others. So basically just another option for something we already have.

"A big NERF" nope. Sorry. You're looking at it as if you'll only ever get one Ceres that's it you're done go home. But you don't have to evolve her, you could easily evolve another one instead, and if you have a third, why that ultimate ultimate Ceres is now max skilled, isn't she? That's pretty handy for "only" five million XP!
    I was just talking about the active.
    You're going from 100% heal and bind recovery every 10 turns to 30% heal and 3 bind every 7 turns. That is a nerf in all but a very few situations. 30% heal isn't that great unless you have a 2x/4x HP boost and then 100% is even better.
    Granted if you didn't have them skilled up and it is 100% heal and bind recovery every 20 turns compared to 30%/3 every 9 turns then that would be a pretty good choice.
    Granted in the new evo her LD skill is a lot better, she has 2 useful types, and she probably get some stats out of it too, along with 4 additional awoken skills I'm sure she'll be worthwhile, I'm just saying her active skill was nerfed pretty good.
    Given many binds are 1-4 turns, but there are quite a few 10 turns around, but usually on a monster that is pretty easy to avoid it.

By contrast Minerva's is probably better in most cases. She keeps the defense reduction but goes from a usually not very useful 10x atk to an orb shift. The only downfall is it is dark to red and many of the teams she'll be on are going to have a decent amount of dark on them. If she goes more dragon oriented then that would be better, she could make an all red dragon team and with RSonia turn the whole board red. But she becomes less useful as a devil. It does go from 3 round min to 5 round min, but that probably isn't going to make much difference.

Neptune... well it depends. It says poison rather than mortally poison, so if it goes from 10x to 1x that would make it a lot less useful in those few situations where a big poison is important. But in most cases a small poison is all that is needed. The 2x to attackers for 1 turn makes it a lot better skill in other situations though, and the minimum cooldown, 15, is the same. But blue attackers are... well I can't think of any besides a couple dragons. Nothing we've got (looked it up, a few Dragon Ball Z's fit the bill) is worth considering in most teams.

Some of this stuff though, interesting. Wonder how long until we see it? I doubt we will get to play the roguelike since we don't even have TAMadra W game yet.
    I think this is because their NA staff is really small. I think my GF said a picture on FB of the staff was all of 3-4 people. Doing a few translations and enters dungeon information is pretty easy. But it is probably all they have to keep up with that and the other normal updates. Having to troubleshoot and implement entire new game modes is probably just too much work to get done in a short period of time.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    It is actually 3x ATK and some HP, so like I&I, Cao Cao, Lu Bu, and others. So basically just another option for something we already have.
    Aw, damn. that's not what they had listed earlier. Now I'm less enthused.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Bugbear in the Playground

The stamina time being cut in half is a huge change, and completely unexpected by me at least. I'm happy about it, just a strange decision.

I'm not sure how I feel about the U&Y ult. I had it in my head that he was going to go balanced, so the healer announcement really caught me off guard. I imagine that a blue heavy U&Y healer team analogous to physical kirin could now pack a real punch, taking Sun Quan, I&I, etc. Wouldnt even need shynee since 50x from Sun Quan is plenty. I'm also a bit sad about the awakenings. Skill boost is nice and the second two prong is crazy. But I really thought he was going to get the Kirin treatment and be given an extend time awakening. I guess U&Y gets Yomi while Kirin doesnt based on colors.

Does anyone else find it weird to completely change Bastet for the uvo? She goes from a combo based god to just a flat boost (one that we have seen before no less). Seems to completely change the dynamic of the monster.

My new dream team that I own none of is now U&Y// D/L Yomi / I&I / Sun Quan / Blue Valk //U&Y
    Last edited by Otravyat; 2014-09-12 at 12:35 PM.

4. - Top - End - #784
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    Aw, damn. that's not what they had listed earlier. Now I'm less enthused.
    Yeah, they do that quite a bit, especially on those long ones. Information comes in for a while and gets translated then the translation gets fixed, etc.

I don't know if I would have used it even then, I'm not wanting to go to grind teams any more. But it would have at least been interesting.
    Although I think for that style of team Noah is a better choice even if that was right. A lot more freedom in form and gods generally have stats that work for that idea better than devils do.

5. - Top - End - #785
    Banned

Awww :(

I was just talking about the active.
    You were talking about the monster. It's a semantic quibble but a valid one, that. And while the numbers may shift the context of the monster – the context of the active skill of you prefer – shifts as well. If you have the resources to get one ultimate^2 Ceres, it will be trivial to get another, and ao you're a few dedicated days of supers away from max skill max level. If you cannot evolve her in the first place, you're "stuck" with the better active. And if you've already skilled her to max, then you still fall into the first camp and getting a spare to Evo this way is still trivial.

Yeah, they do that quite a bit, especially on those long ones. Information comes in for a while and gets translated then the translation gets fixed, etc.

I don't know if I would have used it even then, I'm not wanting to go to grind teams any more. But it would have at least been interesting.
    Although I think for that style of team Noah is a better choice even if that was right. A lot more freedom in form and gods generally have stats that work for that idea better than devils do.
    Noah is much harder to acquire, though.

I'm okay with a devil tank team because a devil tank team gets fast spikes – you have rows, enhancements, orb shifts and the like out the wazoo. You should be doing an additional 6x anyway, all the time. Plus gravity. Lots of it. :P

6. - Top - End - #786
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Otravyat View Post
    The stamina time being cut in half is a huge change, and completely unexpected by me at least. I'm happy about it, just a strange decision.
    I think it is something everyone wished for but no one really expected.
    My guess is that it is actually expected to see *more* stamina refreshes via stones. Right now there are a lot of times where you just waste too much stamina to refresh to run urgents to make it worthwhile at times. I also foresee it increasing box space use by a lot.

I'm not sure how I feel about the U&Y ult. I had it in my head that he was going to go balanced, so the healer announcement really caught me off guard.
    They seem to be a bit healer crazy lately. Not a whole lot has gone balanced. But most things end up with 2 ultimates so I wouldn't be surprised if it happens eventually. I'm kind of surprised by U&Y's and Kushinadahime's because they both require hard to get evo material, which is usually the "secondary" ultimate option. I wouldn't be surprised if we shortly see another ultimate with nothing harder than RK and dub-myths, as well as the last two of the series.

Does anyone else find it weird to completely change Bastet for the uvo? She goes from a combo based god to just a flat boost (one that we have seen before no less). Seems to completely change the dynamic of the monster.
    It does seem weird, but they couldn't do much to upgrade it that wouldn't make it pretty much copies of someone else's. My guess is that their metrics said she isn't used for her LD much, so give her something completely different. Which has happened with a lot of the "these are subs" sort of gods.

You were talking about the monster. It's a semantic quibble but a valid one, that.
    Well it may have came across that way, but when I said she was nerfed I only meant the active skill.

Noah is much harder to acquire, though.

I'm okay with a devil tank team because a devil tank team gets fast spikes – you have rows, enhancements, orb shifts and the like out the wazoo. You should be doing an additional 6x anyway, all the time. Plus gravity. Lots of it. :P
    I would say Noah is easier to get than Bastet. Granted it is all noise now since the LD skill was listed wrong, but Bastet is entirely based on chance, you could probably burn stones through Noah for less than what it would take to get Bastet if that was what you *really* wanted. Like any REM though you could easily end up with her without trying, but like every REM you really want they are really good at evading you.

I would still say Noah is better than a devil tank team. For one, if you had to take Bastet she only has one green row enhancement, all the rest are from the subs and there aren't that many green devils (well they are more all the time, but none of your traditional devil team members). If you wanted gravity, well everyone that has gravity is also a god type so would fit on the Noah team as well. Belial, Beelzebub, Satan (well he isn't common), and RSonia are the only commonly used devils that aren't gods.

edit: I didn't even see this anywhere but it showed up as cards adding in JP. I kind of doubt we'll ever see it though. Funny, though not terribly useful.
    1508:: 超絶キングゴールドネッキー
    Gift Series
    7 ★ Cost: 30 Max Level: 1
    Max HP 832
    Max ATK 832
    Max RCV 832
    ファミ通Appの祝福 CD: 10 Turns ( 10 )
    Recover 3000 HP. Bind recovery for 3 turns.
    ファミ通Appの御守
    Enhance Material type cards HP x1.2, ATK x3.
    Last edited by Erloas; 2014-09-12 at 01:34 PM.

7. - Top - End - #787
    Barbarian in the Playground

I don't see myself switching Bastet uevos, but is her active skill the same? I didn't see it listed. Lots of awesomeness in this update for sure.

Anyone know when the JP godfests start in EST (or +9UTC, I can do some math)? I'm having trouble finding a site with an accurate time.
    Szilard has all of those sweet trophies for a reason. Awesome avatar is his handiwork.

8. - Top - End - #788
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Meta View Post
    I don't see myself switching Bastet uevos, but is her active skill the same? I didn't see it listed. Lots of awesomeness in this update for sure.
    Yeah, it's the same.

9. - Top - End - #789
    Troll in the Playground

This will be a crazy update when it hits. The double stamina will be so useful and I'm looking forward to the skill up monsters. Buying dungeons also sounds like a fantastic idea. Not impressed with Devil Bastet, but I'm happy with the healer version anyway.

Also announced: Shield wolves, that skill up the fruit dragons. Which seems unnecessary, but okay.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

10. - Top - End - #790

Quote Originally Posted by Academia View Post
    @Jasmine: didnt want to quote your entire box! and woah, jasmine just said she will spend money to skill up apollo! I would imagined you farmed mystic light dragon dungeon for them cyclopes and saved them....
    I actually got a itunes gift card for bday and I don't really know what else I could use it on. But definitely don't want more hades. I wonder if changing my picture will make him stop chasing me around. Who does apollo end up with? I know Cassandra rejected him but he doesn't seem to be with any other famous people.

It's hard enough skilling up monsters you have, I'd rather not stockpile skillup mons for monsters that I'm probably not going to have. Keep in mind I only have 4 REM gods, of which Horus and Lucifer don't even need to be skilled up, so the chance of me needing a particular skillup mon are close to 0. I did run mystic light once for the tamadra/stone, so I have an evolved cyclops that I'm keeping around until I get apollo/I run out of box space. But not keeping the little ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Feistylady View Post
    I got the dub topalit first run of Friday dungeon woohoo what are the odds lol. Is there anywhere else you go for those ??

On another note. I must get a devilit for the shiva. I see it only drops in sky prison mythical. Does a lower level player stand a chance there. It's 50 stam I wish I could practice first
    Dup topas drop about once every 2.5 runs of friday expert (60 stam ea), once in 5 runs of friday mythical (250 stam ea), once in 7.5 runs of evo rush (263 stam ea), once every 10 runs of jupiter city in the sky (170 stam ea), once per 10 runs of aeither desert (160 stam ea), and once per 12 runs of door of light and shadow (144 stam ea). These are averages and you'd prob need 100+ runs to get close to the expected value. And PAL eggs if you're lucky. So by pure topa rates, FriExpert> Door of LS> Aeither > Jupiter > FriMyth > Evo rush. But Fri mythical and evo rush drop a ton of other stuff, and Jupiter gives you 500 exp/stam. Aeither gives you red pendra.

Devilits come from the PAL if you're lucky, otherwise a level 40 ish zeus team can do it. Or a whole variety of REM teams.

The insane part is stamina refresh going from 10 minutes down to 5. That means twice as much stamina per day, that is going to have a huge impact on how fast you can do everything.
    That's a huge change, but I think that'll reduce stoning for stam, as a stone essentially saves you half the time it used to. It does encourage ranking up though, since an 8 hour + 8 hours of work now fill up 192 stam instead of 96, so you'll want the extra buffer capacity. Don't think it'll make you buy extra box either, as you also get increased amounts of gold to feed off your monsters. I suppose if you're still running pengdra cycles or other dailies you'll need to stockpile more before you can use them up, but for a majority of players it shouldn't make a huge diff in box needed.

Honestly I'm not sure why this change was put into place as it seems to be detrimental to stone sales. Maybe they felt bad because before legendary earth/descends, the highest level dungeon cost 17 stam (3 hours regen) and now everyone is playing 50 stam dungeons? So doubling the regen rate gets you a game every 4 hours which is close to the old 3 hours, instead of a nasty 8 hours.

Dastet//Corpse Wyrm/Evil Ceres/Hera Beorc/GD Meimei//Pure Astaroth
    60504 HP
    26523 ATK
    3084 RCV
    ...with two full board shifts, one single-color shift, full heal, multiattack for three turns, DG enhance, five green rowhances, a bind immune with bind clear, and 40% enhanced drops for D and G.
    And what dungeons are you going to be clearing with 26k attack? A full board enhance will still end up with a total team attack of less than 1 mil damage. Looks like the LS was translated wrong so it's a moot point, but why would you want this kind of team anyways?
    Last edited by Jasmine; 2014-09-12 at 03:16 PM.

11. - Top - End - #791

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
    Honestly I'm not sure why this change was put into place as it seems to be detrimental to stone sales. Maybe they felt bad because before legendary earth/descends, the highest level dungeon cost 17 stam (3 hours regen) and now everyone is playing 50 stam dungeons? So doubling the regen rate gets you a game every 4 hours which is close to the old 3 hours, instead of a nasty 8 hours.
    I suspect it's to pave the way to introduce a new tier of (descenced?) dungeons later, requiring 50-100 stamina each.
    Last edited by Soepvork; 2014-09-12 at 03:22 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    Soepvork? Bang freakin' on. A cookie must be doled out, though I fear its chocolate chip-deliciously-infected substance is far too lacking of grandeur to be a prize of the appropriate scale.

So you get two cookies.

12. - Top - End - #792

What percent of stone sales are used for stamina refills versus continues within a dungeon? This will probably hurt refills, but people will also enter more dungeons and therefore hit continue more times. At least thats how it feels to me.

13. - Top - End - #793
    Banned

Ugh. Looks like I'm gonna miss out. I want to run takeminakata for red orb chance (both Hera and beelz) but I don't have time to look at what team would be reliable, and like heck I'm running robin again... Oh well.

14. - Top - End - #794
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Also announced: Shield wolves, that skill up the fruit dragons. Which seems unnecessary, but okay.
    My newly minted Grape Dragon enjoys this.

15. - Top - End - #795
    Titan in the Playground

And what dungeons are you going to be clearing with 26k attack? A full board enhance will still end up with a total team attack of less than 1 mil damage. Looks like the LS was translated wrong so it's a moot point, but why would you want this kind of team anyways?
    I dunno. Pull someone for a Baddie or Lu Bu, I guess? I just sort of threw that together.

Still, with the leader skill the way it is, I'm not planning on evoing Bastet anymore. :\

16. - Top - End - #796

So two prong awakenings give 1.5x attack to that specific match and hit two people if you match 4 orbs, basically an intermediate step before mass attack with a damage boost attached. 2.25x if you have two, etc. My question is what happens if there is a only a single target? I assume that you get the damage boost 2.25x for U&Y's attack, but he doesn't get to hit twice or anything. Since that would be very very overpowered.

Correct?

17. - Top - End - #797
    Banned

If you hit 4 orbs then that element for that monster is enhanced. This is separate from the extra attack, and sub elements do get separate attacks too. I frequently pull this off with my balance team against bosses – it's an extra 50% which is worth more than a more orthodox combo

U&Y would get a 2.25x boost

18. - Top - End - #798
    Titan in the Playground

So two prong awakenings give 1.5x attack to that specific match and hit two people if you match 4 orbs, basically an intermediate step before mass attack with a damage boost attached. 2.25x if you have two, etc. My question is what happens if there is a only a single target? I assume that you get the damage boost 2.25x for U&Y's attack, but he doesn't get to hit twice or anything. Since that would be very very overpowered.

Correct?
    And yes, it'll only swing once if there's one creature, but you'll still get the multiplier.

19. - Top - End - #799

And yes, it'll only swing once if there's one creature, but you'll still get the multiplier.
    Cool cool, thanks. Thats what I assumed but still makes me sad.

20. - Top - End - #800

im just wondering how the new modes like "Build Your Own Dungeon" gonna work... I mean is there drops or purely for a challenge....
    *Waves from Aca*

Spoiler: Aca's Teams
    Show
    Main Leaders: Kirin, Pandora, RSonia

Secondary Leaders: Haku, Genbu, LMeta, Bastet, Lu Bu, Yamato, WuKong

Developing Teams: Andromeda, Amaterasu, Athena, BSonnia

21. - Top - End - #801
    Titan in the Playground

I'd say it might be a "supply the reward" sort of thing, but that seems abusable.

22. - Top - End - #802
    Banned

Question Re: Puzzle & Dragons 7: Puzzleball Z

Likely purely for challenge. I doubt there would be any drops, but gold and XP might exist. It's abusable in the context of putting boss monsters with stall capable monsters I. Between, but that's probably it.

23. - Top - End - #803
    Ettin in the Playground

SiuiS, could you please throw up your Unicorn for me real quick? Want to give SKy Prison a go real fast :)

Edit: Or anyone that's on and has an Ult.Evo Unicorn or a leveled Sandalphon ^^
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2014-09-13 at 01:45 AM.

24. - Top - End - #804
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    SiuiS, could you please throw up your Unicorn for me real quick? Want to give SKy Prison a go real fast :)

Edit: Or anyone that's on and has an Ult.Evo Unicorn or a leveled Sandalphon ^^
    Done. You posted right after my last visit to this thread.

25. - Top - End - #805
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Academia View Post
    im just wondering how the new modes like "Build Your Own Dungeon" gonna work... I mean is there drops or purely for a challenge....
    One of the linked threads somewhere with notes on the announcement show mentioned PAL point rewards, although not many details on how exactly it would work. I would guess you get points for having friends run your dungeon, they get points for attempting it, possibly bonus points based on the difficulty of the dungeon and/or the score they get while clearing it?

26. - Top - End - #806
    Ettin in the Playground

Bah. Just realized I didn't bring King Shynee with me, and if I had, I'd have won >< I knew I was forgetting someone when I brung Angelion >< Took them both to half or less but they killed me. Oh well, at least now I know I can kill them, so that will be my project for next week, to do Sky Prison as many times as possible so I can Ult.Evo one of my Hera's, ult.evo my own Unicorn, and whoever else I have that requires angelits and devilits ><

27. - Top - End - #807
    Banned

Your team roster should include a few builds, one of which is your dedicated weekly farmers.

Metatron/Echidna/King Shynee/Angelit/Valkyrie in that order should be your last team. That order facilitates; you use all monsters in sequence left to right and are guaranteed to hit everything you need to win (as unicorn is the furthest right monster and is hit last). My own is just opposite, as I lead with unicorn, and doing it this has reduced my fumbling to absolutely zero. Before that I've had several issues where someone didn't happen right – Valk then angelit, or no shynee, or hit shynee instead of Valk on an earlier wave... Yeah.

28. - Top - End - #808
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nobody pulled godfest yet ??? What do you all like in this one ?

Also it kind of reads like it is a pal event. Do you agree ?
    Last edited by Feistylady; 2014-09-13 at 09:34 AM.

29. - Top - End - #809
    Titan in the Playground

Mm, Okuninushi. I'm pretty sure I can't hit 6 combos reliably, but I'm also pretty sure fixing that would be a good idea, so... what does one generally do with combo leaders like this? Rainbow team, or is it better to focus on a couple colours?

Edit: Ninja'd, although I suppose I answered the question anyway. Main account got Okuninushi, tablet account I just started with Karin ('cause why not) got U&Y, on 3 pulls each. This one actually seemed like a pretty good one for getting general-purpose leaders.
    Last edited by Sallera; 2014-09-13 at 08:49 AM.
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

30. - Top - End - #810
    Dwarf in the Playground

I pulled and got Ceres. I do hope this is good. I don't have any other greens to speak of I never reported that last god fest I got a sun wukong. You guys don't talk much about this one do you like it