New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIII: The Thread With No Name

You can really use any party you like. Also, don't use Dedenne. Pika clones should be left unconscious in the field after you beat them.

3DS Name: Rezzy, FC: 0104-0343-1530

Lots of bred Pokemon, complete list on my Gym Leader Page of the Giant League Wiki, PM me if you'd like to trade for one.

Fire Emblem Fates Castle Address
    05107-66614
    62592-54117

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rezkeshdadesh View Post
    I have an Extreme Speed Dratini, if you still need one.
    I'm on now if that's any good for you.
    ~ZA

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ZeltArruin View Post
    I can provide you with Dratini carrying Extremespeed and Dragon Dance, if you like. A Growlithe would be interesting in exchange.
    Pokemon friend code : 3067-5701-8746

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

Padherders for my phone and my tablet!

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Kuulvheysoon View Post
    That's a mighty bulky team. At the very least, grab Knock Off on Drapion.
    at the moment my gligar actually knows knock-off, but i want to change it's moveset.
    skorupi only has one move that i'm keeping, the other three will have changed by the time it's a drapion

so, thanks to you, drapion has 2 moves i'm going to try and make sure it knows

Quote Originally Posted by Jayngfet View Post
    So I started Pokemon Y yesterday after a years long break from the franchise, and I'm loving everything so far. But I can't help but get a niggling feeling of being expected to do things a certain way.

I mean you've got your basic starter, one of the G1 starters, the fossil pokemon, and the pikachu that the game basically expects you to capture early on. Before you hit the second gym, that's basically two thirds of your party set.
    i still have yet to get the fossil pokemon (it's still a fossil)
    i still do not own a Pickachu
    the first pokemon i caught in a pokeball was Yveltal
    the second was in a friend safari

you might be expected to do things in a certain way, but that means absolutely nothing
    elemental avatar by kaariane

extended signature

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

You can really use any party you like. Also, don't use Dedenne. Pika clones should be left unconscious in the field after you beat them.
    Yeah, they can never live up to the glorious majesty of the real thing.

(Seriosuly, though, Nintendo, for the last, what, three generations or something you've tried making an electric rodent to challenge Pikachu's crown... Maybe you would have more luck if they weren't single-evolution and sucked1. You've proven with Cinccino you can do a "cute" Pokemon that kicks seven bales of arse, so maybe do one with a halfway decent set of stats and moves that doesn't look like it's hit the ugly tree more times than Mialee the wizard did. (Gratuitous 3.5 art joke!)

So I started Pokemon Y yesterday after a years long break from the franchise, and I'm loving everything so far. But I can't help but get a niggling feeling of being expected to do things a certain way.

I mean you've got your basic starter, one of the G1 starters, the fossil pokemon, and the pikachu that the game basically expects you to capture early on. Before you hit the second gym, that's basically two thirds of your party set.
    Eeh... not really. I guess having been someone who has played every game since Generation III, I don't think about it as much: I usually spend several hours deciding what my party composition is going to be in advance and sometimes I will even get in and breed something I really want to use.

You... don't really NEED Pikachu, nor does the game particularly expect it, not really; it's just the first time for a long while Pikachu has actually been available from the start, believe it or not. (I had one because, as is evident above, it's my favourite.) And the Gen One starter is something you can afford to drop if you decide you want to use something else for a mega-evolution (that's really only why they are there). And I can also say that I have only ever used a fossil Pokemon in the game where I got it once, in Black. (I am using the Aerodacytl I found in... Leafgreen (the first gen III game I had) as part of my platinum team (the latest gen IV game I have). So, don't feel you have to use 'em. Remember, level grinding for dex completion is nothing like the job it used to be, if that's your poison.

(Me, I have a living dex - i.e. one of every type of Pokemon stored all at once - complied from Gen III to Gen V, so I don't need to do nearly so much!)

For refernce, my X party consists of the two starters (because mega venusaur!), Pikachu (with lightball - there is no other way to have one...), Vivillon (which is freaking awesome) and a gardevoir and a Gale Wings Talonflame, both of whom were traded in (and/or bred) from the playground. My team for whichever one of AS/OR is likely to be the first time ever that I have an all-traded/breed team (it's gonna be a Sun team)!

Quote Originally Posted by Quietus View Post
    I'm sorry to hear all that, times like this are never easy. It sounds like he went out more or less in a way that was acceptable to him, though, and that's something to embrace. I hope you all manage well with everything over the next little while.

To carry forward - I'll keep an eye open for you, and next time I see you on, I'll let you know what your third Safari 'mon is.
    Sorry for your loss. It can be tough.
    Thanks.

1Except for Emolga which was just about useable, if not good quality. (Which is a shame, since the design is so nice.)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2014-08-17 at 07:08 AM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

First of all, Commander, I'm sorry for your loss. I hope your grandad had a great life.

This said, last three?
    Make that four, as III brought us the completely useless Plusle and Minun.
    Pachirisu is a source for pickup, so it has a use.
    Emolga has a nice design, but yeah. It's pants
    Dedenne is just beating on a horse that's been dead for a long time. With an ugly stick.

Also, subscribing to the thread after my holidays.

Pokemon Y(Afo) an Alpha Sapphire (Al)
    Friend Code: 4656-7012-2957
    Friend safari: lilipup, loudred, ditto
    Available pokemon for trade: Follow the link.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

Sorry, I had gone to sleep. Did you still need one, or were you able to get one from someone else?

Lots of bred Pokemon, complete list on my Gym Leader Page of the Giant League Wiki, PM me if you'd like to trade for one.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

So, for my next blog milestone reward, I'm thinking of sending out a shiny Pokemon on Wonder Trade (did four legendaries last time). Do you guys think the lesser of my two shiny Vanillites would be good or should I try to trade for a better shiny?

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tanuki Tales View Post
    So, for my next blog milestone reward, I'm thinking of sending out a shiny Pokemon on Wonder Trade (did four legendaries last time). Do you guys think the lesser of my two shiny Vanillites would be good or should I try to trade for a better shiny?
    What flavor is shiny Vanillite?

05107-66614
    62592-54117

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

What flavor is shiny Vanillite?
    Grape!

Edit:

Also, a Pachirisu apparently wrecked face at the VGC or something?
    Last edited by Tanuki Tales; 2014-08-17 at 04:21 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

Edit:

Also, a Pachirisu apparently wrecked face at the VGC or something?
    As far as I heard, yes. Volt Absorb Pachirisu was on the winner's team. Cute squirrel wins the day! :D
    “A world where you can surrender yourself to sleep on a giant ball of fur is a world where you wouldn’t be able to get any work done. A perfect world.
    Spoiler: Pokemon Info
    Show

FC: 2809 8617 8608
    IGN: Raijin [X] & Akemi [Y] & Gardenia [ΩR]
    Safari: Water|Safari 'Mons: Panpour, Floatzel, Frogadier
    Trades - Go here for viewing a list of the pokemon I have available for trade.

Avatar featuring my poké-trainer, Raijin, drawn by Sajiri. ^_^

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Doubles allows for a lot of amusing stuff compared to singles. I mean, seriously, you've got a 405 BST Pokémon filling an actual strategic role in a world championship, against teams with powerhouses like MegaKanga, MegaZard (X or Y), MegaLucario, Garchomp...

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroten View Post
    As far as I heard, yes. Volt Absorb Pachirisu was on the winner's team. Cute squirrel wins the day! :D
    Huh. Guess that I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow and check that out.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Huh. Guess that I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow and check that out.
    Yeah, I agree - that ought to be interesting.

As to the shiny giveaway, I think that anyone who complains about getting a shiny over WT is whining unnecessarily. Sending out a shiny of any sort is fantastic.

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

I never hear from anyone who gets my WT, but there are some Shiny Pokemon that are definitely bottom of the barrel.

In other news....why can't Gamefreak seem to come up with good Mega evolution designs? I mean, would it kill them to give us more like this?

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

I never hear from anyone who gets my WT, but there are some Shiny Pokemon that are definitely bottom of the barrel.

In other news....why can't Gamefreak seem to come up with good Mega evolution designs? I mean, would it kill them to give us more like this?
    That... is an awesome Mega Slowbro/Slowking.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Pixie in the Playground

Actually, I was looking for a HA Weedle quite a while ago. No one here seemed to have one, so I went to the GTS and managed to find one. I've got some 5IV Jolly Run Away Weedles, if you want one. And access to your Safari is more than enough in trade for it (though if you don't mind, I'd be more than willing to take one of the Bagon off of your hands).
    Quote Originally Posted by Quietus View Post
    If you can catch me on, I can help.
    I can help with Weedle, too, I found myself in your position a little while back. I now have a half dozen Jolly HA Weedles. A HA Tangela would be appreciated, I don't need any specific number of IVs, just the ability would be great.
    Nice will register your Fc:s then

18. - Top - End - #78
    Firbolg in the Playground

My main issue with Megas is how damn bulky so many of them are. You take pokemon that look sleek and clean and then just tie a bunch of weights to them until it's kind of silly. I'd like more Megas that looks sleek and stripped down than having details glued onto them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    I don't care what you feel.
    That pretty much sums up the Jayngfet experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    something something Jayngfet experience.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yeah, like Mega Swampert. Especially considering it gets Swift Swim...that doesn't look like a very swift critter.
    Jude P.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

Has anyone here played the online Pokemon TCG? My girlfriend introduced me to it and I've been having lots of fun with it.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Mega Lopunny looks slightly less bulky-ish maybe...?

22. - Top - End - #82

I always thought Super Saiyan Mega-Lucario looked pretty awesome, even though it is rife with little added bits and bobs.

Mega-Garchomp actually looks like he'd be slower, something to do with the stance and that massive jaw. It just hit me that there is some reference to Excel Saga to be made with those pointy should-pads.
    ~ZA

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Einrikr View Post
    Nice will register your Fc:s then
    Alright, I should be on for a while tonight breeding Shinx - I'll try and catch you then.

I always thought Super Saiyan Mega-Lucario looked pretty awesome, even though it is rife with little added bits and bobs.

Mega-Garchomp actually looks like he'd be slower, something to do with the stance and that massive jaw. It just hit me that there is some reference to Excel Saga to be made with those pointy should-pads.
    Actually, it's kind of ironic because before MegaSlowbro, MegaLucario was the only Mega that I didn't like the design of. MegaMewtwo Y/Charizard Y look kind of slimmed down too, once you think about it (alright, Charizard just lost some belly fat and put it all in his wings, but still).

24. - Top - End - #84

Actually, it's kind of ironic because before MegaSlowbro, MegaLucario was the only Mega that I didn't like the design of. MegaMewtwo Y/Charizard Y look kind of slimmed down too, once you think about it (alright, Charizard just lost some belly fat and put it all in his wings, but still).
    I think all of the current megas look pretty good, it's really just that Slowbro and Salamence that look goofy to me. Even 8 limbed Metagross looks alright...sorta.
    ~ZA

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

Well, if no one has tracked it down yet, here's the 2014 World's Master Division Final!

Featuring Pachirisu!

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

I think it's about time to update my trade list.. I've bred so many things that I had to shuffle off several boxes of extras into my Pokebank in order to make space. Even with that, I'm struggling to maintain ten boxes for breeding products, between keeping three of each end result on hand (down from six each, almost all have extra presence in my pokebank) and the space taken up by the pokemon I currently have at level 100.

I'll be throwing a list on here of what I've added sometime tomorrow evening, most likely, and then adding it to my Giant League Wiki page. I don't think I have nearly enough space in my boxes to keep copies of all final-form pokemon, the way I'd wanted to...

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Well, if no one has tracked it down yet, here's the 2014 World's Master Division Final!

Featuring Pachirisu!
    Thank you for the link.

Okay... so maybe I owe Pachirisu something of an apology. It's clearly a lot better than I thought it was. (I was paricularly impressed in it taking Earthquake like a boss from Garhmop, of all Pokemon.) Though not in a regular game where it's limited offence is much more impeding.

It'd be pretty awesome though, if we ever get the likes of Colosseum or Gale of Darkness again (frag, has it really been three generatons since we had those...) where everything is double battles. I'd have it on a team like a shot. I always did like the design, but the reality never really lived up to it, and least in the format I would use it.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

Taking a wild guess, the EV spread on that Pachirisu must have been focussed almost entirely on Defence and HP considering it was doing that with Base 60 HP and Base 70 Defence.
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    Taking a wild guess, the EV spread on that Pachirisu must have been focussed almost entirely on Defence and HP considering it was doing that with Base 60 HP and Base 70 Defence.
    Yeah, I guessed that myself. According the to youtube comments, it was Impish natured as well.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Thank you for the link.

Okay... so maybe I owe Pachirisu something of an apology. It's clearly a lot better than I thought it was. (I was paricularly impressed in it taking Earthquake like a boss from Garhmop, of all Pokemon.) Though not in a regular game where it's limited offence is much more impeding.

It'd be pretty awesome though, if we ever get the likes of Colosseum or Gale of Darkness again (frag, has it really been three generatons since we had those...) where everything is double battles. I'd have it on a team like a shot. I always did like the design, but the reality never really lived up to it, and least in the format I would use it.
    It was also pretty impressive to see Pachirisu tank a Draco Meteor from Salamence in the finals round...
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.