New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Beholder

Default increasing save DC for witch's hexes?

Im playing a witch, and everything I do is based on will saves. Is there any way to boost these save DC's? Most normal ways like spell focus and metamagics dont work since they arent spells.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature and tell us how you started: I started with the entire party getting teleported in from the real world butt naked.

Lokiron: "Yes, and killing hurricanes is always a good act, because they are evil."

DEGENERATION 91: Copy this into your sig and subtract 1 when you first see it. This is an antisocial experiment.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: increasing save DC for witch's hexes?

Quote Originally Posted by flamewolf393 View Post
    Im playing a witch, and everything I do is based on will saves. Is there any way to boost these save DC's? Most normal ways like spell focus and metamagics dont work since they arent spells.
    1: Boost your Intelligence with a headband, Ioun stones, or a potion of Fox's Cunning.
    2: Debuff opponents with anything that lowers saves. Evil Eye is a good one, since it affects them for one round even if they make their save, and Cackle can extend it.
    3: The Ability Focus feat, if your GM allows it for PCs.
    4: The Corset of Dire Witchcraft boosts your caster level by two for one hex, which is a +1 on the save DC.
    5: Take Leadership, get the Coven hex, have your followers boost your caster level.
    Last edited by Arbane; 2014-08-29 at 07:20 PM.
    Imagine if all real-world conversations were like internet D&D conversations...
    Protip: DnD is an incredibly social game played by some of the most socially inept people on the planet - Lev
    I read this somewhere and I stick to it: "I would rather play a bad system with my friends than a great system with nobody". - Trevlac
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    That said, trolling is entirely counterproductive (yes, even when it's hilarious).

3. - Top - End - #3
    Spamalot in the Playground

You can also increase their chances to fail by forcing rerolls. Accursed Hex and Misfortune can both do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingPirate

I was once allowed to take Ability Focus on my slumber hex which was also bolstered by the Elven Alternate Racial trait Dreamspeaker and the Honeyed Words Religion trait. +4 is a pretty sweet bonus even if it's only for one hex.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by flamewolf393 View Post
    Im playing a witch, and everything I do is based on will saves.
    FWIW, once you hit level 10, you'll be able to take Ice Tomb which is a fort-save. That will be handy for those brainy but physically flimsy caster types.
    If you cast Dispel Magic on my Gust of Wind, does that mean you're disgusting?

In real estate, they say it's all about location, location, location. In D&D I say it's about action economy, action economy, action economy.

Crystal Mage -- a homebrewed arcane tradition