New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1462
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls: It's the IX Divines, you milk-drinkers

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    solved a archeological enigma from the age of the Dwemer... Actually make that two, no, four... You actually solved a lot of old Dwemer mysteries, now that I think of it..."
    Huzawah?

Ogma, Behind The Spider, Aetherium... what am I missing?

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    Huzawah?

Every dwemer ruin could be considered a mystery.

You also got caught and imprisoned in cidhna mine, and were one of the first people ever to break out.
    And the only person to break out while drunk
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Except it is more like every other day you switch off, not on a full moon. Or at will. That's great.

You also gathered some other daedric artifacts while drunk.
    Though you don't know if you earned them, stole them, or killed for them.
    "Why is Azura's Star on my nightstand? And why is there a note on my mirror that says 'You gave me a great dusk to dawn! -A'"
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Ogre in the Playground

Huzawah?

I'm not sure what you mean by Spider, so: the Elder Scroll for the main quest, the dungeon with Miraak's Black Book, Aetherium Forge as you mentioned and...possibly that Dwemer obstacle course up in Solstheim?

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    You also gathered some other daedric artifacts while drunk.
    Though you don't know if you earned them, stole them, or killed for them.
    I think in most cases, the answer is d) all of the above.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    I think in most cases, the answer is d) all of the above.
    I think all the daedric quests involve murder in Skyrim - that is, all but Sheogorath's. Most involve some sort of test - usually something you have to do to convince the Lord that you're on the level. However, I can only think of one, maybe two, where you got to steal it - The Black Star and the Skeleton Key.

EDIT: Although if you're considering "stole it from its previous bearer" to count then the number increases to 4 - adding the Ebony Mail and the Saviour's Hide to the total.
    Last edited by Landis963; 2015-03-11 at 07:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    I think all the daedric quests involve murder in Skyrim - that is, all but Sheogorath's. Most involve some sort of test - usually something you have to do to convince the Lord that you're on the level. However, I can only think of one, maybe two, where you got to steal it - The Black Star and the Skeleton Key.
    "Murder" is putting it a bit strong, don't you think? Most of the killing is done in fair fights, and many of the opponents are... frankly, asking for it.

Let's see: quests that call for the killing of a specific, named character:
    • Azura
    • Boethia
    • Hircine
    • Malacath
    • Meridia
    • Molag Bal
    • Namira
    • Nocturnal
    • Peryite
    • Vaermina
    • Mehrunes Dagon

Namira, Hircine, Vaermina, Mehrunes Dagon all give you an option to get the damn' quest out of your log without performing the hit, but I'm not counting that "completing" it if you don't get the artifact in the end.

With Azura, Hircine and Nocturnal, the "victim" is a very nasty piece of work that I for one can't feel bad about killing. Peryite, Meridia and Malacath are more ambiguous - has more of a "religious differences" sort of vibe to the hit, but in each case it's a fair fight. Boethia, Namira, Molag Bal, Vaermina and Mehrunes Dagon are the only ones that really "feel like" murder, IMO.

Daedra whose quests can be completed without killing anyone in particular:
    • Mephala, surprisingly (you have to get all bloodthirsty if you want the artifact to be any use, but acquiring it is easy)
    • Hermaeus Mora (there's a bit of dungeon crawling, then Mora himself does the "murder" bit. Since you have no way to intervene before, after or during the event, that's not on you.)
    • Sanguine (it's possible to sneak through the dungeons without so much as drawing your weapon)
    • Sheogorath, of course.

I'm not sure about Clavicus Vile. Is it possible to retrieve the Axe without killing the mad old hermit (or allowing Barbas to do it, which comes to the same thing)? I admit I've never tried.
    Last edited by veti; 2015-03-11 at 08:49 PM.
    "None of us likes to be hated, none of us likes to be shunned. A natural result of these conditions is, that we consciously or unconsciously pay more attention to tuning our opinions to our neighbor’s pitch and preserving his approval than we do to examining the opinions searchingly and seeing to it that they are right and sound." - Mark Twain

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Ogre in the Playground

The cool thing about it is the Ebony Sword.
    The Ebony Sword becomes better when you kill people you helped with it. It becomes strong every time you complete a daedric quest, almost. You kill so many people you help.

So, you woke up with a hangover having done everything there is to do and saved everyone and basically just went all killy on everything. Maybe you also bought and built a house, got married, and adopted children.

One hell of a hangover though.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by veti View Post
    Daedra whose quests can be completed without killing anyone in particular:
    • Hermaeus Mora (there's a bit of dungeon crawling, then Mora himself does the "murder" bit. Since you have no way to intervene before, after or during the event, that's not on you.)
    Hermaeus Mora's quest involves collecting the blood of mer races. Now, sure, you don't have to kill them yourself, but it's gonna be mighty hard finding all the required corpses just lying about the place. Even if you only raid bandit camps, you're still doing it for the express purpose of killing a specified (otherwise fairly innocent) individual. That's... fairly serial killer-y.
    Last edited by Feytalist; 2015-03-12 at 03:10 AM. Reason: silly tags
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    Hermaeus Mora's quest involves collecting the blood of mer races. Now, sure, you don't have to kill them yourself, but it's gonna be mighty hard finding all the required corpses just lying about the place. Even if you only raid bandit camps, you're still doing it for the express purpose of killing a specified (otherwise fairly innocent) individual. That's... fairly serial killer-y.
    All of the appropriate blood types can be found in Aftland.

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Ogre in the Playground

All of the appropriate blood types can be found in Aftland.
    I think there might actually be one that can't be found in that dungeon, but yeah, you only need to kill farmer to collect most of the blood.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Spamalot in the Playground

Even if you only raid bandit camps, you're still doing it for the express purpose of killing a specified (otherwise fairly innocent) individual. That's... fairly serial killer-y.
    If they drew blades first, then I call it self defense.

Drunk adventuring dragonborn is pretty funny though. I like that concept.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Ogre in the Playground

Other than Alftand (which lacks a Dunmer corpse according to UESP), Liar's retreat lacks only an Altmer corpse, while both Rannveig's Fast and Silverdrift Lair give you Bosmer, Dunmer and Orc ones. So if you know where to look, it is rather easy to finish the quest without killing anyone.

Also I'm not sure what "fairly innocent" people you could find in Skyrim's bandit camps. They tend to be the worst kind of thugs, killing anyone they can and taking their loot from the corpses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickford View Post
    I don't understand your point. Why does it matter what I said?

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Divayth Fyr View Post
    Other than Alftand (which lacks a Dunmer corpse according to UESP), Liar's retreat lacks only an Altmer corpse, while both Rannveig's Fast and Silverdrift Lair give you Bosmer, Dunmer and Orc ones. So if you know where to look, it is rather easy to finish the quest without killing anyone.

Also I'm not sure what "fairly innocent" people you could find in Skyrim's bandit camps. They tend to be the worst kind of thugs, killing anyone they can and taking their loot from the corpses.
    He's taking about the kook who gives you the extractor in the first place, but I can't remember what Mora specifically tells you once you start the quest.
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Troll in the Playground

Sounds uncomfortably like the Dragonborn, there.

I said otherwise fairly innocent. Thing is; the majority of the time, you're invading their camps. Whatever else they may have done (and they're bandits, I'm sure there is a fair bit), in those instances they're simply defending their territory. In fact, if you stay out of combat range, they even warn you to back off first.

I'm not advocating Save The Bandit, of course. I'm just saying: you're the aggressor. But then, it's a video game. You're always gonna be the aggressor.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I said otherwise fairly innocent. Thing is; the majority of the time, you're invading their camps. Whatever else they may have done (and they're bandits, I'm sure there is a fair bit), in those instances they're simply defending their territory. In fact, if you stay out of combat range, they even warn you to back off first.

I'm not advocating Save The Bandit, of course. I'm just saying: you're the aggressor. But then, it's a video game. You're always gonna be the aggressor.
    "Not my fault, [Insert Daedric Prince here] demanded it, and you know how Daedric Lords get when it's their time of the year."

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Ogre in the Playground

It varies. I've found some bandit camps that seem just like awful people (All the Forsworn camps for example). Other ones seem to be just people who want to live separately from the world, like Forki. I found one camp where it was a father, his two kids, and their dog. There was a bounty on the dad's head so I went in and killed everyone, but I felt a little bad afterwards. They'd done something wrong and then fled into a cave to try and forget what happened. WHAT DID THEY DOOOOOO?

Anyways, I like to pretend that it's more nuanced than it is.

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Huzawah?

You free the Ogma Infinitium by breaking into a forgotten dwemer stronghold and using its technology.
    The Behind the Spider quest, where you kill a giant spider and then reactivate the dwemer automatons before the falmer get loose.
    You construct the first Aetherium artifact since the dwemer vanished.
    You recover and sort out the Eye of Magnus, which was the artifact that led to the war between the Falmer and the Atmorans (leading them to being taken in by the dwemer).
    You discover the last survivors of the uncorrupted Falmer race and then kill half of them.
    You figure out how to use that massive scrying device during the mage college quest.
    You return a dwemer artifact to the ruin it was stolen from.
    You discover the Eyes of the Falmer and the statue they belong to in the thieves' guild quests (and get some ancient Falmer writing translated in the process).
    You break into a dwemer vault to get Black Book in Dragonborn.
    You also obtain the Dwemer Black Bow in Dragonborn (which is apparently a relic of theirs as well), and some tame automatons in the process.

The falmer and dwemer fates are rather intertwined, after all.
    Those are the ones that come to mind immediately. Wish I remembered the names so easily, though...
    Last edited by Calemyr; 2015-03-12 at 12:01 PM.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Enough with the moral relativism, already. They're murderous thugs hiding in the hills. They've got bounties on them from the local rulers. They're murderous, thieving scum and the Dovakiin killing them isn't murder, it's public service. It's not their territory, it's the Jarl's territory, and they're squatting on it, ambushing passing citizens who serve the Jarl.

Now if the Dovakiin joins the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves' Guild, that makes her murderous scum as well, at which point she's merely asserting her place at the top of the criminal food chain. But that's a player-made choice toward moral ambiguity.

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Bugbear in the Playground

So I'm planning to finally try to set up Oblivion this weekend (If I can get the current messed up install out of my pc) with mods and all...I know the nexus has oblivion mods but does anyone know if there's any sites out there, like Skyrim GEMS, that compiles good/not out of date mods?

I barely remember any of the ones I used last time I played, not to mention I do recall though that after I'd had them installed I came across comments saying they were so out of date and buggy and to use alternatives instead

3DS friend code: 0748-2783-1667
    Mii name: Sajiri

Ruya avatar by me!
    My Tumblr (more active than Deviantart these days)
    My DeviantART
    (It's mostly old art)

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

One time I was trying to do that quest with Serana in tow.

Big mistake. The silly... follower animated the Altmer corpse in Alfthand. You know - the naked, unequipped one. Nice going Serana, I'm sure that was sooooo much more useful in the fight than any of these Falmer who're so encumbered with their pesky "armour" and "weapons"...
    "None of us likes to be hated, none of us likes to be shunned. A natural result of these conditions is, that we consciously or unconsciously pay more attention to tuning our opinions to our neighbor’s pitch and preserving his approval than we do to examining the opinions searchingly and seeing to it that they are right and sound." - Mark Twain

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Troll in the Playground

And then there are the handful of camps that are literally on the road and you can't help but aggro everyone by trying to use it.

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

And then there are the handful of camps that are literally on the road and you can't help but aggro everyone by trying to use it.
    Hey, you can take the cart. Bandits who would think nothing of ambushing a couple of heavily armoured psychos with weapons bigger than they are - take one look and say "Oh noes, he's got a cart, better leave this one alone."

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hey, you can take the cart. Bandits who would think nothing of ambushing a couple of heavily armoured psychos with weapons bigger than they are - take one look and say "Oh noes, he's got a cart, better leave this one alone."
    I just assumed the bandits attacked the cart and the driver just commanded the horses to gallop or something. (Or you heroically saved your fellow occupants with STRUN BAH QO or whatever, thereby causing the smell of manure to emanate from many of the bandits' trousers) And fortunately the carts you were in were never actually destroyed.

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    You wake up every morning with a crippling hangover, a house full of treasure, and guards knocking on the door intent on either shaking your hand or running you through - and you never know which. It's kinda like being a werewolf.

A werehero.
    I'll have to write that up as a comedic side-adventure for my D&D campaign. The werehero.

Every night, a mysterious figure in black does all manner of heroics. No one knows who he is, but the players suspect the rich, excentric and absolutely useless dandy womanizer, because of course it's him. Except... the dandy doesn't know anything about what he did.

He's... Werebatman!
    Resident Vancian Apologist

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Ogre in the Playground

The cart drivers pay protection money to not get bothered. They make it back with all the people who use their services to keep from getting accosted by bandits while traveling.

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    The cart drivers pay protection money to not get bothered. They make it back with all the people who use their services to keep from getting accosted by bandits while traveling.
    Huh, how do they get that option? There have been times when I'd be totally willing to pay 20 or 50 GP to a bunch of bandits, to avoid having to encumber myself with yet more loot before I could get back to the shops...

Nah - for what the carters charge, I don't know how they can even pay for their own carts, let alone protection money to bandits on top. If I were in their business, I'd be charging something in 3 figures, and I wouldn't set off until I had at least three paying passengers. Then maybe I could afford protection.

Maybe - just a thought, it's another thing I haven't tested - the carters are all, like, 80th level, and the bandits know it?

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Firbolg in the Playground

Maybe - just a thought, it's another thing I haven't tested - the carters are all, like, 80th level, and the bandits know it?
    There's a mod that allows you to take full rides (using the animations from the default opening scene) and some things will attack you but the dude just casually mentions it and you can choose to get out or he just runs over whatever's in the way and they get knocked over. It's really comical, actually.

I had some problems with the mod CTDing my game occasionally so I just removed it to make a more stable profile but I do miss it. I wish Bethesda had included full rides in the final product...they were pretty close, it seems.
    Last edited by Temotei; 2015-03-12 at 10:45 PM.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, so, random vent... but how does carters carrying you to solitude, but refusing to take you to dragonsbridge make sense? Like, I can see it for, say, riverwood and ivarstead, since those are out of the way (ish. Riverwood is smack dab on the southern trade route out of whiterun, but there's no guarantee that a "bus route" version of the carts goes past it) but the only road way that goes to solitude from the rest of skyrim -goes through dragonsbridge-

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Okay, so, random vent... but how does carters carrying you to solitude, but refusing to take you to dragonsbridge make sense? Like, I can see it for, say, riverwood and ivarstead, since those are out of the way (ish. Riverwood is smack dab on the southern trade route out of whiterun, but there's no guarantee that a "bus route" version of the carts goes past it) but the only road way that goes to solitude from the rest of skyrim -goes through dragonsbridge-
    What you mean by "refusing"? They just didn't implement the option to jump off at any point during the travel. Pretty sure there's mods for that
    Playing Magic? Interested in trading? Try Pucatrade!

Trading cards for pucapoints, which you can use to have people send you cards. Just shoot me a message if you got questions.